Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

Not sure about a landslide but until now all predictions were based on previous election turnout, this election however the under-class will turn out in considerably bigger numbers to vote yes in the hope they see a change in their personal circumstances (not active on this discussion) so apologies if this was already brought up..

I've been amazed how much people in Ireland are talking about this election, you'd almost think this island was getting another such election (Were due one ;) )

If i had a vote I'd have to vote yes even if i don't fully agree with the yes side but it's a step away from London rule none the less..

Lots of Scottish people here in Ireland and northern Ireland don't have a vote tough but foreign students in Scotland can vote, so if the No campaign was to be victorious I can see that being one of the reasons leading to a re-election eventually anyway.. only a matter of time at worst

They should tell their kids to study hard and in the meantime do the best they can to be happy.

Just like everybody else who has a decent life does

London or no London, labor in sectors that have diminishing marketability will always see a decline in fortunes. Just a simple fact of how the world works.

London or no London' date=' labor in sectors that have diminishing marketability will always see a decline in fortunes. Just a simple fact of how the world works.[/quote']

Well thank God for the public sector and all four home nations' ludicrous reliance on/investment in it.

Well thank God for the public sector and all four home nations' ludicrous reliance on/investment in it.

Referring to manual labor, or other skills for which it's too easy to train someone else to replace you

Here's something you won't see on the news.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756140/Rotherham-child-abuse-victim-confronts-alleged-abuser-street-SHE-arrested-van-load-police.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

edl.jpg

And heres something else you won't see' date=' a 1200 strong march in Rotherham this weekend protesting against the lack of action against the Muslim rape gangs that abused over a thousand British children. The abuse lasted over 10 YEARS and was perpetuated by Pakistani immigrants. The authorities including the police , local government, schools and social services turned a blind eye to the abuse all in the name of multiculturalism. The London press ( and the BBC) did report the march but chose to focus on the arrest of 4 EDL activists, none other the Times ( and later the Mail) picked up on the arrest of a 28 female who after being manhandled ( by 6 members of the South Yorkshire constabulary) for accusations of drunkenness and racial abuse turned out to be a victim of the sickening abuse perpetrated by the Muslim gang. Her crime?..identifying her abuser as he stood among a crowd of anti NAZI protesters...

And you think you have something to moan about Gary?...you don't know you are born son B) [/color']

But yeah I'm not getting into this topic anymore' date=' [b']i'm tired of forum arguments [/b]:o

Same here. I'm honestly sick off those who falsely refute your arguments (mainly on sensationalistic canards) by ignoring the facts because it contradicts their own personal views.

There's one particular person who's guilty of that (you know who you are, and don't worry, I haven't forgotten about that. I'll reply to your daft post whenever I've recovered from the dose of stupidity that you emitted). To add insult to injury, instead of him trying to refute that statement about the canard, he attacked me posting daftest and slanderous replies that I've ever seen. I feel embarrassed for him. :o

That's why I haven't been particularly active on this thread (albeit from the latter stages of Israel's assault on the Gaza strip) as there's too much stupidity shown from a few culprits. That and I've got other commitments. I'll reply to those posts once I've got a good amount of free time on my hands.

I'm also sick of those coming up with false claims to back their own personal views, like that guy I mentioned above, and also this person below, who argued with a debunked narrative and who seems to generalise a lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756140/Rotherham-child-abuse-victim-confronts-alleged-abuser-street-SHE-arrested-van-load-police.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

And heres something else you won't see' date=' a 1200 strong march in Rotherham this weekend protesting against the lack of action against the Muslim rape gangs that abused over a thousand British children. The abuse lasted over 10 YEARS and was perpetuated by Pakistani immigrants. The authorities including the police , local government, schools and social services turned a blind eye to the abuse all in the name of multiculturalism. The London press ( and the BBC) did report the march but chose to focus on the arrest of 4 EDL activists, none other the Times ( and later the Mail) picked up on the arrest of a 28 female who after being manhandled ( by 6 members of the South Yorkshire constabulary) for accusations of drunkenness and racial abuse turned out to be a victim of the sickening abuse perpetrated by the Muslim gang. Her crime?..identifying her abuser as he stood among a crowd of anti NAZI protesters...

And you think you have something to moan about Gary?...you don't know you are born son B) [/color']

I see you have trouble reading. Let me explain it bit by bit since you've demonstrated you profound reading skills (or did you post this despite knowing you were wrong because of your own personal views?).

A victim of Rotherham's child sex abuse scandal confronted a man she says groomed her - but was left shocked when she was the one arrested.

The woman was shocked when she saw the man walking through the town's centre on Friday and decided to challenge him over the allegations.

Police flooded the town this weekend ahead of a protest over the scandal by supporters of the English Defence League (EDL), at which four men were arrested.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - These are weekdays. Saturday and Sunday are weekends. The day after Friday is Saturday (jeez, even a 5 year old knows that :o), which as I mentioned before, is the weekend. Therefore, that ridiculous claim you posted is false.

Besides, there was no mention that the alleged abuser stood among a crowd of anti-Nazi supporters. It actually stated that he was walking through the town center. That's why the BBC didn't report this canard of yours because it didn't happen IRL. It probably did in your very own cuckoo-land where every Ukrainian is a Nazi, every Muslim hates the west and Hamas uses human shields.. I know you don't like the BBC (neither do I) but for crying out loud, don't accuse them of being biased just because they didn't report something that happened in your own world but not in IRL. :o

Anyway I find that story hard to believe. Why didn't she go to the police to report the crime when 'The Jay Inquiry' was published instead of confronting him drunkenly on a Friday night? It doesn't make sense. :confused: Surely that's the more logical and safe option.

Also I find it quite baffling that the EDL are quick to protest against any sort of pedophilic crimes perpetrated by Muslims but it's ironic that one of their founding members is a convicted pedophile and there's a number of cases where EDL members have been convicted of CSE, grooming offences etc. I don't see them protesting that.

++++++

On another note, I'm fed up of this sensationalistic reporting about Muslims. It's just downright Islamophobia. If these reports were about another religion (let's say Judaism), about a particular race or even about someone's sexual preference, it'd be rightly criticised for being anti-Semitic, racist and homophobic. Nobody would tolerate it but because it's about Muslims, we can be sensationalistic as Islamophobia is unfortunately considered to be part of the norm. I haven't seen the religion, race or sexual orientation of Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, Cyril Smith being mentioned in any of the reports outlining their heinous crimes.

Another thing that I hate is deducing a person is a Muslim because of his South Asian, Arab etc heritage. There's people of other faith or beliefs from these regions you know. :rolleyes: Besides, how do you know they were Muslim gangs? No official data exists on religious background of perpetrators of this form of child abuse. It's been stated in the 'The Jay Inquiry' that there's no link between cultural or religious background and CSE (the Chief Crown Prosecutor of the CPS in the North West also said the same thing as well as a number of child protection charities). She also pointed across the UK, white British men are the biggest CSE perpetrators (IIRC, the figure was 82% according to the ONS). But (extreme) right-wing lunatics like yourself completely ignore it and go on about "Muslims this" and "Muslims that". :rolleyes:

Just to point out, it was mainly Asian men of Pakistani heritage not immigrants (there's a big difference) who were the perpetrators (although that's been disputed, as well at the figure of 1,400 in this brilliant analysis of "The Jay Inquiry', it's defiantly worth a read). Also the inquiry found no evidence of social care staff being influenced by race (no mentions of schools either), and the fact that it was first ignored, then covered up was because of A) institutional victim blaming and B) because of the far-right lunatics.

Found this interesting:

Berelowitz told the Guardian she had discovered that police and council officers were in some cases still either looking the other way, not asking questions or claiming abuse was confined to a certain ethnic group – such as Asian men – or a particular social class.

Berelowitz is the author of a detailed report into child sexual exploitation in gangs and groups last year following a series of high-profile cases in towns such as Rochdale and Oxford as well as Rotherham.

On a recent field visit to a police force, Berelowitz was surprised to learn that the officers' top search on their internal computer profiling system was "Asian male". When she asked what would happen if the perpetrators were not Asian, the officer in charge replied that the force was "not looking for those". "I was astonished. I said: 'I think you better start looking.'"

Some police/social workers allegedly only profile Asian men when investigating child abuse.

At the rate Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are pledging things to Scotland they might as well vote no and essentially have independence with the safety net of the union.

Starting to hope for a yes vote. Or Clegg to keep up his track record of pledges.

At the rate Cameron' date=' Clegg and Milliband are pledging things to Scotland they might as well vote no and essentially have independence with the safety net of the union.

Starting to hope for a yes vote. Or Clegg to keep up his track record of pledges.[/quote']

It is like I said the other day Scotland are practically a self governing nation as it is and with the extra powers will be in charge of practically all of there own affairs, devolution has changed the face of politics in this country.

Scotland have already IMO got a very very good deal when you look at the economics (capita per head, expenditure etc) and will get even better for them disproportionally to almost everywhere else in Britain bar London.

TBH with you when you talk revenues, economics etc etc London has more of a shout for self governing powers than almost anywhere but that's a whole other debate.

If Scotland ridiculously votes Yes I can see this being very interesting for lots of places such as the big cities in terms of wanting more powers, could really open up a hornets nest!!

Another thing that I hate is deducing a person is a Muslim because of his South Asian' date=' Arab etc heritage. There's people of other faith or beliefs from these regions you know. :rolleyes: Besides, how do you know they were Muslim gangs? No official data exists on religious background of perpetrators of this form of child abuse.[/quote']

Agree 100%. Not that the EDL and their dumb and dumber Britain First pals care about these things, they look to hate first and ask questions later - except without the asking questions later part :rolleyes:

At the rate Cameron' date=' Clegg and Milliband are pledging things to Scotland they might as well vote no and essentially have independence with the safety net of the union.

Starting to hope for a yes vote. Or Clegg to keep up his track record of pledges.[/quote']

Clegg's record with 'pledge' is why it's being described as a 'vow' instead :D

Although I guess 'vow' is consistent with the moronic Scotland/ England marriage comparisons.

It is like I said the other day Scotland are practically a self governing nation as it is and with the extra powers will be in charge of practically all of there own affairs' date=' devolution has changed the face of politics in this country.

Scotland have already IMO got a very very good deal when you look at the economics (capita per head, expenditure etc) and will get even better for them disproportionally to almost everywhere else in Britain bar London.

TBH with you when you talk revenues, economics etc etc London has more of a shout for self governing powers than almost anywhere but that's a whole other debate.[/quote']

What would you prefer yourself if we go federal UK - the existing regions/ countries in a 4-part state, or break England down into chunks of 5-7 million and have a 11 or 12-part 'United Sates of Britain'?

Actually now I type it 'United States of Britain' sounds quite nifty! ;):D

Clegg's record with 'pledge' is why it's being described as a 'vow' instead :D

Although I guess 'vow' is consistent with the moronic Scotland/ England marriage comparisons.

Too bad. If you do stay and the vows come into action' date=' I can see many more voters turning away from the traditional parties if others say they'll stop them. I think the Scots get a very very good deal as it is, particularly on the university fees.

What would you prefer yourself if we go federal UK - the existing regions/ countries in a 4-part state, or break England down into chunks of 5-7 million and have a 11 or 12-part 'United Sates of Britain'?

Actually now I type it 'United States of Britain' sounds quite nifty! ;):D

I'd quite like to see a separate London. It's disgusting how much policy panders to them.

Same here. I'm honestly sick off those who falsely refute your arguments (mainly on sensationalistic canards) by ignoring the facts because it contradicts their own personal views.

There's one particular person who's guilty of that (you know who you are' date=' and don't worry, I haven't forgotten about that. I'll reply to your daft post whenever I've recovered from the dose of stupidity that you emitted). To add insult to injury, instead of him trying to refute that statement about the canard, he attacked me posting daftest and slanderous replies that I've ever seen. I feel embarrassed for him. :o

That's why I haven't been particularly active on this thread (albeit from the latter stages of Israel's assault on the Gaza strip) as there's too much stupidity shown from a few culprits. That and I've got other commitments. I'll reply to those posts once I've got a good amount of free time on my hands.

I'm also sick of those coming up with false claims to back their own personal views, like that guy I mentioned above, and also this person below, who argued with a debunked narrative and who seems to generalise a lot.

I see you have trouble reading. Let me explain it bit by bit since you've demonstrated you profound reading skills (or did you post this despite knowing you were wrong because of your own personal views?).

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - These are weekdays. Saturday and Sunday are weekends. The day after Friday is Saturday (jeez, even a 5 year old knows that :o), which as I mentioned before, is the weekend. Therefore, that ridiculous claim you posted is false.

Besides, there was no mention that the alleged abuser stood among a crowd of anti-Nazi supporters. It actually stated that he was walking through the town center. That's why the BBC didn't report this canard of yours because it didn't happen IRL. It probably did in your very own cuckoo-land where every Ukrainian is a Nazi, every Muslim hates the west and Hamas uses human shields.. I know you don't like the BBC (neither do I) but for crying out loud, don't accuse them of being biased just because they didn't report something that happened in your own world but not in IRL. :o

Anyway I find that story hard to believe. Why didn't she go to the police to report the crime when 'The Jay Inquiry' was published instead of confronting him drunkenly on a Friday night? It doesn't make sense. :confused: Surely that's the more logical and safe option.

Also I find it quite baffling that the EDL are quick to protest against any sort of pedophilic crimes perpetrated by Muslims but it's ironic that one of their founding members is a convicted pedophile and there's a number of cases where EDL members have been convicted of CSE, grooming offences etc. I don't see them protesting that.

++++++

On another note, I'm fed up of this sensationalistic reporting about Muslims. It's just downright Islamophobia. If these reports were about another religion (let's say Judaism), about a particular race or even about someone's sexual preference, it'd be rightly criticised for being anti-Semitic, racist and homophobic. Nobody would tolerate it but because it's about Muslims, we can be sensationalistic as Islamophobia is unfortunately considered to be part of the norm. I haven't seen the religion, race or sexual orientation of Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall, Rolf Harris, Cyril Smith being mentioned in any of the reports outlining their heinous crimes.

Another thing that I hate is deducing a person is a Muslim because of his South Asian, Arab etc heritage. There's people of other faith or beliefs from these regions you know. :rolleyes: Besides, how do you know they were Muslim gangs? No official data exists on religious background of perpetrators of this form of child abuse. It's been stated in the 'The Jay Inquiry' that there's no link between cultural or religious background and CSE (the Chief Crown Prosecutor of the CPS in the North West also said the same thing as well as a number of child protection charities). She also pointed across the UK, white British men are the biggest CSE perpetrators (IIRC, the figure was 82% according to the ONS). But (extreme) right-wing lunatics like yourself completely ignore it and go on about "Muslims this" and "Muslims that". :rolleyes:

Just to point out, it was mainly Asian men of Pakistani heritage not immigrants (there's a big difference) who were the perpetrators (although that's been disputed, as well at the figure of 1,400 in this brilliant analysis of "The Jay Inquiry', it's defiantly worth a read). Also the inquiry found no evidence of social care staff being influenced by race (no mentions of schools either), and the fact that it was first ignored, then covered up was because of A) institutional victim blaming and B) because of the far-right lunatics.

Am a frequent reader of this thread and always disagreed with your posts. This one is actually excellent, bar the Hamas/Gaza bit :P

Betfair pays out on 'NO' vote! Pretty nutz but they have predicted the last 5 or 6 elections in the uk and USA I read somewhere a few months back

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/scottish-independence-betfair-pays-out-no-bets-in-referendum-even-though-vote-is-days-away-9736239.html

Alas my dear Hazard you have me, once more you so skilfully spot my lack of intellect and by highlighting my lack of ability to discern between a weekday and weekend you prove beyond all doubt the worthlessness of any comment I have made. Of course I could try to cover my tracks by explaining that my original post was made after a few hours in the pub, and that its basis was from an article I had quickly read 12 hours earlier. I could say that its purpose was to agree with deaf Gary's observation that the BBC and indeed most mainstream media have a habit of only reporting the news that they see fit for us to hear. Much to my shame I could even go as far to say my failing memory got several facets of the article wrong, namely the date of the march and indeed the fact that the child abuser in question was not part of a anti fascist counter demonstration.

Then again of course why would I when you have so joyfully taken it upon to highlight my deficiencies?, so I suppose I should congratulate you and thank you for saving me the time and effort of posting a less than heartfelt apology to you and the rest of the forum for my oversight.

Now thats out of the way lets get back to the issue in hand shall we?. As I suggested the point I was making was how the media choose to portray the news. In Gaz's case he was highlighting how the BBC ignored the weekends mass marches of the Yes campaign but covered the massed ranks of the No campaigns Orange men, what a truly magnificent sight they were. In mine it was the 1200 strong EDL demonstration against the lack of justice in Rotherham in the wake of the disgusting abuse scandal. It struck me that how the very presence of the EDL in Rotherham was used to overshadow the abuse scandal and rather than highlighting the depraved antics of the abusers, just how the BBC (etc) portrayed their presence as a threat to law and order and all the other usual blah blah blah.

Now perhaps you would agree the real issue here is not the presence of the EDL ( it could have been the Women’s institute for all I care) but the abuse perpetuated upon over a thousand young Rotherham girls who willingly abandoned by the authorities fell pray to the highly organised gangs of Muslim perverts. I know it offends you to contemplate the thought that Muslims may be responsible for these depraved acts but sadly they were.

Whilst you choose to dispute the story ( because they didn't report something that happened in your own world but not in IRL) the Times reported it differently, they told how...

…..witness's said the woman became distressed when her abuser ( a man in his late 30's) walked past her with a group of friends. She became upset and screamed why he was stil at large and repeated her claims about the abuse she suffered at his hands when she was a teenager. According to bystanders he stood there sneering, as a Police van pulled up and six male officers piled out, forcing her against a wall before leading her off handcuffed. At no point did they ask why she was distressed and in a later statement they claim they responded to a complaint that the woman was drunk and racially abusing the man, bystanders again dispute this claim. Once arrested the Police learnt of her identity and realised that the forces child exploitation team had been trying to contact her after her case was referred to them by a partner agency several days before. A witness has accused the Police officers in question of acting like insensitive thugs and Rotherham Police have go on to say that the woman in question will be meeting with officers within the next few days and that they will offer her their full support in coming forward in pursuing her accusations...

Not my imagination, but thats the report of what happened, it just was not reported in the mainstream media beyond the presence of hordes of EDL thugs in Rotherham. As for your comments in regards to the EDL, you appear to suggest I have a particular affinity to them and their actions ?. I don't but I would say that in the absence of meaningful debate about the errors of multiculturalism and immigration within this country they will happily fill a vacuum left by the disinterested ( and in the case of Rotherham) corrupt liberal elite.

You say that no other religion would be subject to such sensationalistic reporting and question the link between religion and sexual abuse, sadly of course you are quite wrong. I ask you to recall the public outrage and media hostility that has surrounded the Catholic church in recent years. Rightfully so the Roman Catholic church was exposed of systematically covering up the abuse of children in its care homes. Perhaps ( like they eventually had to do) Islam will admit to its shortcomings and even go as far to that many of its attitudes to women in general are both dangerous, discriminatory and in the United Kingdom at least illegal?.

The Jay enquiry? , no I must admit I haven't read it ( I have no intention to eithier) but after witnessing how local government clamor to cover up and sanitise child abuse of those within their care,I am naturally suspicious. As for the brilliant analysis from a Mao apologist like Joseph Ball well I am sorry but suspicions only heighten further. My understanding of the report is its pretty inconclusive on the race of the perpetrators, then again until all the arrests are made i'm not sure how you can make such an assumption. Would it fair to say they were ( in the main) of Pakistani descent?, and it told of staff being frightened to highlight this fact in fear of being called racist?. Does it not point out the lack of support the authorities received from the Pakistani community in identifying the perpetrators?. I think it does?.

Aside from the point you ( correctly) make stating the overwhelming majority of UK convicted sex abusers are white ( 82%), figures around race and Child abuse are very difficult to find. That said you are perhaps unaware of a worrying racial trend emerging in so called street grooming ?

''“This is a form of sexual exploitation, previously referred to as ‘on street grooming’ in the media, where children have been groomed and sexually exploited by an offender, having initially met in a location outside their home, usually in a public place (such as a park, cinema, on the street or at a friend’s house).”

Whilst again not 100% accurate, figures gathered by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre suggest a conviction rate of 38 per cent were white, 26 per cent Asian and 32 per cent were ‘unknown’.

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/race_and_sex_offences-27153

Now if you consider that Asians only make up around 6% of the UK population that ( i sure you would agree) is a worrying figure and one that appears to be in-keeping with all the recent scandals involving Asian men and child abuse. Now i should add that if i had my way there would be no sex offenders in UK prisons as i would have them hung upon conviction and i mean that regardless of race or religion.

Just one last thing Hazzard, after calling me all sorts of names this summer ( and no I don't take offence) it appears I am now a mentally deranged far right extremist?:D. So pray tell me what would you know about the far right Hazzard?. What you read?, what you are taught?, would you know a real Nazi if he came and kicked you up the arse son?, have you met many beyond the virtual world of the internet?...even if you have ( and I doubt that) I can assure you I have met many more, and yes they are as scary as you imagined. In my experience they view you ( South Asian descent?) as an easily wielded tool in the destruction of mankind’s real enemy the Jew. Muslims like blacks are considered primitive, easily led and intrinsically inferior. They (the Nazi's) have long established links with hard line Islam and are strengthened by those who side with it against Judaism. Take it from me Islamaphobia is a mere recruiting sergeant for a much bigger battle and its one which useful fools like the EDL and (perversely) well meaning, idealistic young guys like yourself are fighting for them...think on China :)

This is how it should be done

http://www.dw.de/german-muslim-community-announces-protest-against-extremism/a-17926770

German Muslim community announces protest against extremism in roughly 2,000 cities on Friday - "We want to make clear that terrorists do not speak in the name of Islam. I am a Jew when synagogues are attacked. I am a Christian when Christians are persecuted for example in Iraq."

I woke up this morning to Andy Murray and a tweet declaring he is all for. Independence because of the negativity and blandness of the No Campaign....

Yes that is right Andy Murray had the audacity to moan about blandness and negativity.......pot, kettle, black anybody :P

Almost choked on my Cornflakes :P

45% of my country voted for independence last night. The cowards' date=' the frightened, and the rich all voted NO!....

Hopefully the other 3 countries in the union will now also get new powers along with us to take the power away from London.... Until next time :rolleyes:[/quote']

Think most people went with 'the better the devil you kno' mindset when push came to shove. I for one would of been to keen to see you guys go it alone and try and make it work. Wonder if the other parts of the Uk will get all the extra promises that you guys had thrown at you to stay put. Don't forget poor old Wales Mr Cameron :P

I'm not a huge follower of politics by any means, but seems like Gordon Brown and his speech probably kept a lot of people on the no side. Delivered it really well from what I saw.

45% of my country voted for independence last night. The cowards' date=' the frightened, and the rich all voted NO!....

Hopefully the other 3 countries in the union will now also get new powers along with us to take the power away from London.... Until next time :rolleyes:[/quote']

Sadly Gary its the 55% that mattered mate, and with respect don't you think you are beeing a little hard on your fellow countrymen?. Of course i know you are disappointed but i'm delighted the union has a clear mandate, that weasel Salmond resigns as a broken and failed man, and at last we have a chance for genuine ( and Fair) devolution of powers for the OTHER THREE countries that make up the United Kingdom. From a Tory point of view the game is now a foot, watch Labour loose the next general election as they stand in the way of not only loosing MPs in Scotland and Wales but try to block a referendum on the EU. From a personal point of view i hope you Scots get full tax powers as i can't wait to see the likes of the SNP justifying how they raise the money they quite happily spend. For your part you will have another shot...in about 30 years....when your oil has run out....some music?

yHNfvJc99YY

...now thats over with perhaps we can get on with joining in and bombing those ISIL savages back to the stone-age :)

I am sure that over 2million people were that scared they all felt compelled to vote no. From what. I see the yes campaign was very high on intimidation.

Seriously give your countryman some more credit than that!!!

The reality is that the majority of people weighed up the arguments and came to it's conclusion and IMO the right decision when you look at all the economic arguments in particular.

The best thing about it is seeing that absolute cretin Alex Salmond have to accept defeat, presenting himself as a man of the people when he done more to produce a nasty side show to this debate with his complete nationalism, trying to intimidate people by using nationalism as a just cause. I mean he couldn't even convince his own constituency!!

His speech was particuarly entertaining when he talks about Unity and the need to be United, err sorry Alex you just spent the best part of twenty years preaching division! creating factions and now leaves a country which is totally divided and will need clever management and political will to heal a nation which is only United in its divisions.

Scotland has so much governance it is practically self governing anyway and benefits enormously from the ridiculous Barnet Formula to the tune of an extra £1400 per person a ridiculous concession from Cameron, Milliband and all to protect that complete inequality that the Scots benefit from.

Scotland really have got a very good deal already and will further benefit from more powers with regards taxation and spending, although I have my doubts whether the "timetable" for these powers to be handed over will be met.

It may be the end of the Independence debate for now but it has opened up the whole debate and constitutional reform will follow, I can see all the major cities in time being given more control and there taxation and revenues. Everybody has a go at London but London only keeps 6% of the tax it generates which is pathetic! look at places like New York where they keep 50%.

London does more than people think for this country.

Hopefully we also see an end to the other ridiculous laws such as Scottish MP'S being allowed to vote on English affairs yet English not allowed to vote in Scotland, I mean how on Earth is that fair?!!!

The legacy of this debate will be constitutional reform which is fair enough but without the need to break up a 300 year relationship and all the uncertainties that that would provide.

Good shout Ray, clearly the cult of Salmond is over, if ever there was a truly more hateful man in British politics?. To think he could fool the majority of right thinking Scotsman with his lies and fabrications, he might of took in the slums of Dundee and Glasgow but thank the good Lord most people see through him...what arrogance. Its a happy thought to think that he will never see another referendum debate..as i said in my last post he is broken, defeated, humiliated and finally exposed. Surely his actions today confirms him as the true coward of the piece. One point Ray, i won't cast the ongoing commitment to the Barnett formula as cast in stone, its all about a challenge to Labour. And after all with new powers ( and the responsibility they crave) Scotland must learn to stand on its own two feet, lets see if the ENGLISH parliament will idly stand by while they fritter away London money, particularly when you think of the hardship Wales and Ulster have suffered for many a year now...:)