The Politics Thread

Stuart H

Re: The Politics Thread

Seeing as though I've seen no other viable solutions suggested from people complaining' date=' what realistic actions do people think Britain should take out to destroy ISIS militants based in Iraq? Because, as far as I've seen, there are two options being suggested:

[list']

[*]Bomb the scum bags

[*]Sit down and have a cup of tea with them

The latter being suggested by those up in cookoo land, and the former being, in my opinion, the best option to just get rid of the vermin.

Or, as a third option, we do nothing and continue to be the PC country that I'm ashamed to say we are. Sadly, there are some people in this country that would choose that option.

I don't want us to go to war at all, but the attitude of some Britons is astonishing. ISIS are laughing at us whilst beheading our own people, yet some people think it's best to do nothing. To put it frankly: terrorists don't negotiate. So, we give them a taste of their own medicine and show that we aren't living in fear.

Yep, because eye for an eye is a legitimate strategy ...

Fact is this: ISIS is more far more organised than any Western organisation. In other words, whatever you suggest the west does, ISIS will do ten times better. "Sitting down and having a cup of tea with them" isn't really a solution, but neither is simply "bombing the scum".

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep' date=' because eye for an eye is a legitimate strategy ...

Fact is this: ISIS is more far more organised than any Western organisation. In other words, whatever you suggest the west does, ISIS will do ten times better. "Sitting down and having a cup of tea with them" isn't really a solution, but neither is simply "bombing the scum".[/quote']

Meh, ISIS sucks balls. They're not that good at what they do.

Meh' date=' ISIS sucks balls. They're not that good at what they do.[/quote']

I guess that's the reason as to why a million recon's have given us absolutely zilch information about their whereabouts, or even who's part of it for that matter? ISIS is organised, lethal and merciless.

As Infernito already said, they're causing their own downfall by chopping down (no pun intended) the remaining bonds they have with their native people. Once the brainwash is over, ISIS will crumble.

Yep' date=' because eye for an eye is a legitimate strategy ...

Fact is this: ISIS is more far more organised than any Western organisation. In other words, whatever you suggest the west does, ISIS will do ten times better. "Sitting down and having a cup of tea with them" isn't really a solution, but neither is simply "bombing the scum".[/quote']

I'd agree about an eye for an eye if these people weren't savages that don't deserve the choice of life or death. Unless, of course, you are talking about the innocent civilians, which you are right about. There would be no point in my post if I believed that we should just kill anyone in sight as, yes, we would take innocent lives as ISIS have taken from us.

I'm no expert on all of this (people getting on my nerves so I needed a little rant - but I stand by the bombing as long as we hit the right men and women), so I don't know how easy it would be devise a plan to seperate the good from the bad, but I agree that we couldn't just blindly kill innocent people whilst taking out revenge on those that deserve it. However, I can't agree with anyone saying they want to wait it out and do nothing at all. Many more lives could be lost at the hands of these monsters and I'd honestly be ashamed to be from this country if we decided to leave it and let them crumble on their own. Who honestly knows how long that would take?

Edit: I should point out that I'd also be ashamed if we killed innocent Iraqis. I didn't mention that in my original post for some reason. Whilst I'm not an expert, I know it wouldn't be as easy just picking who is who.

Let's dicuss the hot topic which is:

Ebola Virus

I wonder how many lives will eventually be taken by the outbreak worldwide. Imagine the spread reaching the major cities, it would be an absolute mayhem, as people would stay sheltered at home, stocking up on food waiting for the news of the last casualty reported. Businesses would suffer, worldwide economy would plummet. I know I'm possibly going way over the top, but as I said let's discuss the matter :)

Ebola Virus

I wonder how many lives will eventually be taken by the outbreak worldwide. Imagine the spread reaching the major cities' date=' it would be an absolute mayhem, as people would stay sheltered at home, stocking up on food waiting for the news of the last casualty reported. Businesses would suffer, worldwide economy would plummet. I know I'm possibly going way over the top, but as I said let's discuss the matter :)[/quote']

Yeah, I think your sentiments are shared by most. My intuition though is that given the drug is already around, should a genuinely threatening pandemic come around, governments could start shelling out those drugs for free.

Ebola Virus

I wonder how many lives will eventually be taken by the outbreak worldwide. Imagine the spread reaching the major cities' date=' it would be an absolute mayhem, as people would stay sheltered at home, stocking up on food waiting for the news of the last casualty reported. Businesses would suffer, worldwide economy would plummet. I know I'm possibly going way over the top, but as I said let's discuss the matter :)[/quote']

Blown out of proportion IMO. Only 8,000 people have it and it's very difficult to catch unless you go fishing around an infected person's blood, vomit or faeces. It's also notoriously bad at surviving outside a body.

I say all that in terms of the global pandemic worries. Of course it's an absolutely vile illness and the sooner a vaccine is found, the better.

Blown out of proportion IMO. Only 8' date='000 people have it and it's very difficult to catch unless you go fishing around an infected person's blood, vomit or faeces. It's also notoriously bad at surviving outside a body.

I say all that in terms of the global pandemic worries. Of course it's an absolutely vile illness and the sooner a vaccine is found, the better.[/quote']

It's extremely contagious but is just being kept local at the moment due to high-security measures. However, one slip and we are doomed. Death rates are staggeringly high, drawing many comparisons with the Spanish Influenza of a century ago.

It's extremely contagious but is just being kept local at the moment due to high-security measures. However' date=' one slip and we are doomed. Death rates are staggeringly high, drawing many comparisons with the Spanish Influenza of a century ago.[/quote']

It's extremely contagious if you expose yourself to it, but I believe you'd have to be extremely unfortunate to be exposed to it in a normal situation. From the NHS website:

People can become infected with the Ebola virus if they come into contact with the blood, body fluids or organs of an infected person.

Most people are infected by giving care to other infected people, either by directly touching the victim's body or by cleaning up body fluids (stools, urine or vomit) that carry infectious blood.

It's gotten bad in Africa because they're extremely lax about getting rid of the disease from dead bodies - very few people are cremated and the bodies are often exposed to others in funerals.

Those who have it in the West have either been in Africa or have been giving care to those who have it.

If you do get it, it is unfortunately extremely lethal though.

It's extremely contagious if you expose yourself to it' date=' but I believe you'd have to be extremely unfortunate to be exposed to it in a normal situation. From the NHS website:

[indent']People can become infected with the Ebola virus if they come into contact with the blood, body fluids or organs of an infected person.

Most people are infected by giving care to other infected people, either by directly touching the victim's body or by cleaning up body fluids (stools, urine or vomit) that carry infectious blood.[/indent]

It's gotten bad in Africa because they're extremely lax about getting rid of the disease from dead bodies - very few people are cremated and the bodies are often exposed to others in funerals.

Those who have it in the West have either been in Africa or have been giving care to those who have it.

If you do get it, it is unfortunately extremely lethal though.

Exactly, hence my one slip statement. It only takes one moron to bring the disease to a major Western city and make it even more lethal.

By the way, aerosols are also carriers/transmitters of Ebola and that is inevitably transmitted due to the size and speed of the particles.

Exactly' date=' hence my [b']one slip[/b] statement. It only takes one moron to bring the disease to a major Western city and make it even more lethal.

By the way, aerosols are also carriers/transmitters of Ebola and that is inevitably transmitted due to the size and speed of the particles.

Not really. Even if it does come to a major city, you have to have contact with the person's bodily fluids to catch it. I'm not sure about you, but I very rarely play with other peoples' vomit, blood or organs.

Got any proof about the aerosols? That would suggest the disease is airborne, which everything I've read contradicts.

Ebola is not airborne, don´t worry about aerossols. Its not antrax. You have to be in contact with poop, urine, blood and other body fluids which makes it harder to get, but all it takes to get Ebola is to sit on a toilet sit in a restaurant which had sick people sat on it. Thats is one in a million. There won´t be any pandemic.

Not really. Even if it does come to a major city' date=' you have to have contact with the person's bodily fluids to catch it. I'm not sure about you, but I very rarely play with other peoples' vomit, blood or organs.

[/quote']

What if an infected Westerner spits or sneezes on you?

Also an interesting thing I came across today. An episode of Simpsons in 1997 contained this:

Predicciones-Simpsons-P-549x366-1407861997.jpg

Another piece of predicting programming in US TV.

Archived