The Politics Thread

Stuart H

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Politics Thread

What if an infected Westerner spits or sneezes on you?

Also an interesting thing I came across today. An episode of Simpsons in 1997 contained this:

Predicciones-Simpsons-P-549x366-1407861997.jpg

Another piece of predicting programming in US TV.

I'm pretty sure that if someone were infected, they wouldn't be out and about. That, and people very rarely spit on me.

Not really. Even if it does come to a major city' date=' you have to have contact with the person's bodily fluids to catch it. I'm not sure about you, but I very rarely play with other peoples' vomit, blood or organs.

Got any proof about the aerosols? That would suggest the disease is airborne, which everything I've read contradicts.[/quote']

Aerosols are basically excreted particles from a human body.

A sneeze, cough or even a simple breath could contaminate a healthy human being. And touching is completely out of the question, as sweat is also a carrying body fluid. As long as there is no vaccine, the virus is a huge, huge danger to the Western world (and big cities in general).

That " one in a ... " is just ideological thinking. God only knows how many people have an incubated Ebola virus from that Spanish nurse. Besides, the illness is benign for the first five days (only some small discomfort, nothing one would run to the hospital for), but after that the effects become exponential. And at the same time, the virus is transmittable from day one.

The numbers at the moment look low, and hopeful for those looking for a cure, but small mistake and this will cause a lot of casualties.

Wow. Here in Canada the threat of these negatively-influenced "Islam converts" (whom in fact are not representing the Muslim community, but are representing an ever-growing number of b*tches, influenced by the chaotic bostards ISIS) that want their way through terrorist actions) is growing now with a deadly attack in our capital's National Memorial, killing a soldier, and shooting many shots in our Parliament.

Not to mention on Monday one of those idiots killed a soldier in one of our largest provinces, and injured another.

RIP Nathan.

Wow. Here in Canada the threat of these negatively-influenced "Islam converts" (whom in fact are not representing the Muslim community' date=' but are representing an ever-growing number of b*tches, influenced by the chaotic bostards ISIS) that want their way through terrorist actions) is growing now with a deadly attack in our capital's National Memorial, killing a soldier, and shooting many shots in our Parliament.

Not to mention on Monday one of those idiots killed a soldier in one of our largest provinces, and injured another.

RIP Nathan. [/font']

Terrible events indeed, but i'm curious why people feel the need to always add the old ''its a tiny minority of Muslims'' caveat?...

Would love to see what the pro-EU people have to say about our proposed £1.7 BILLION yearly entrance fee increase to line the pockets of France and Germany.

Whoever proposed that must have money on UKIP.

Outside Westminster does such a creature exist anymore here in the UK?...I can't wait to get out.

• 1 month later...

Terrible events indeed' date=' but i'm curious why people feel the need to always add the old ''its a tiny minority of Muslims'' caveat?... [/color']

because I don't think people want to insult the Muslim population that isn't part of the group of the retards... but it is true that everyday it seems to be somehow people are attracted to the idea of a stupid "caliphate" and that...

even, in Libya, apparently a city of 100k or so was captured by militants that pledged allegiance to the ISIL leader.

now it seems as though Kobane is being surrounded by 4 sides as it seems as though the terrorists are now attacking from Turkey.

Turkey has always hated the Kurds as they practically want them extinct and are pretty much secretly supporting ISIL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Outrageous events in Paris today...anyone care to remind me again just why we have allowed these people to take root in Europe?. :confused:

seems like the cafe hostage in Australia had a bigger impact than this one.

not really politics but a few weeks back, AirAsia flight crashed into the sea and a few other AA planes technical problems on flights in the region, some just before take off. Hopefully AA will continue to sponsor QPR.

Because everyone is scared to say/do anything at the expense of being labelled as something that they aren't.

Know where you are coming from Ben' date='we have seen it here in the Gordon Brown Bigout quote and more recently when that cow Merkel labelled the good people of Dresden as evil ( blah blah blah) in rsponse to them daring to voice their opinion about the Islamification of Europe. You could also cite the establishment cover up of the Muslim rape gangs that abused hundreds of our children, the incessant BBC propaganda about the merits of mass immigration and how 99.9999% or Muslim are lovely people or of course the Labour party when tell us we all must reconise the terrorist state of Palestine. ALL THIS SICKENS ME :mad:[/color']

Know where you are coming from Ben' date='we have seen it here in the Gordon Brown Bigout quote and more recently when that cow Merkel labelled the good people of Dresden as evil ( blah blah blah) in rsponse to them daring to voice their opinion about the Islamification of Europe. You could also cite the establishment cover up of the Muslim rape gangs that abused hundreds of our children, the incessant BBC propaganda about the merits of mass immigration and how 99.9999% or Muslim are lovely people or of course the Labour party when tell us we all must reconise the terrorist state of Palestine. ALL THIS SICKENS ME :mad:[/color']

Remind me what some of your Royal Family members are doing nowadays?

You know the worse thing is that after a terrorist attack you get millions of people lining the street proclaiming solidarity and they will not let ese events change there way of life etc etc

The reality is quite the opposite just look at the press throughout the world none of them printed any of the Je Suis Charlie cartoons in there papers or saw any on the TV showing completely the opposite response to that they want you to believe they have. Those two nutters have won, through violence and the cowardice of the press and the public to feel intimidated.

The whole world is running scared of Islamic nutters and the political correctness and cowering to a bunch of lunatics has already entered into the world's psyche and is starting to eat away and eradicate those values and freedoms which we claim to all love and demand so much.

You know the worse thing is that after a terrorist attack you get millions of people lining the street proclaiming solidarity and they will not let ese events change there way of life etc etc

The reality is quite the opposite just look at the press throughout the world none of them printed any of the Je Suis Charlie cartoons in there papers or saw any on the TV showing completely the opposite response to that they want you to believe they have. Those two nutters have won' date=' through violence and the cowardice of the press and the public to feel intimidated.

The whole world is running scared of Islamic nutters and the political correctness and cowering to a bunch of lunatics has already entered into the world's psyche and is starting to eat away and eradicate those values and freedoms which we claim to all love and demand so much.[/quote']

No Ray its the liberal establishment thats running scared, not the people..in that vein you never see the millions of peace loving Muslims proclaiming their outrage at such attacks...ever wondered why that is ?

The reality is quite the opposite just look at the press throughout the world none of them printed any of the Je Suis Charlie cartoons in there papers or saw any on the TV showing completely the opposite response to that they want you to believe they have. Those two nutters have won' date=' through violence and the cowardice of the press and the public to feel intimidated.

The whole world is running scared of Islamic nutters and the political correctness and cowering to a bunch of lunatics has already entered into the world's psyche and is starting to eat away and eradicate those values and freedoms which we claim to all love and demand so much.[/quote']

Ray, I've tried expressing this to a couple of others in the Random Thread (probably not the appropriate place to do so, but it just happened to boil up there), and I'll happily do it again. It's not a question of being cowardly; it's a question of being intelligent. Why wouldn't we just say that these nutters have "won"? It makes matters much easier as there is not counter reaction possible. Let them "win", at least like that they won't have another "reason" to come back.

However, the reality is completely different. On the one hand you have the press, who in my opinion have done the right thing by keeping quiet and letting the storm pass by, as they now know the possible consequences of getting involved in such "delicate matters". On the other hand, you have the nitwits thinking that drawing more and expressing more freedom will solve the problem, but will it though? I highly doubt it.

The beauty of Newton's Third Law of Motion is that it can be applied absolutely everywhere; everything has an action-reaction relation with something else; there is no such thing as "non-mediation". Drawing this into context, wouldn't drawing more and basically provoking more cause them to act again?

The fact of the matter is this; Charlie Hebdo pushed the boundaries of humour (which is perfectly fine), but pushed the boundaries of dignity (which isn't fine) in the process, which is ultimately what caused this irrational behaviour to occur. However, they knew exactly what they were doing (and anyone claiming anything different is talking total bullcrap), as they received their first "warning" three years ago and still decide to continue on and in fact make their satires more pungent. The sad thing is that people don't even realise that these "daredevils" put their whole city in danger whilst "experimenting with freedom".

Archived