The Politics Thread

Stuart H

Re: The Politics Thread

Is tomorrow the day that the toffs are finally turfed out on their arses? We can only hope so.

Just out of curiosity, mate: is the UK voting process electronic?

In some countries, like Brazil, it is.

In Portugal we're more high-tech tho - we go to the nearest school and use this complex gadget called pen, to write an "X" on another complex gadget called paper. :P

Just out of curiosity' date=' mate: is the UK voting process electronic?

In Portugal we're more high-tech tho - we go to the nearest school and use this complex gadget called pen, to write an "X" on another complex gadget called paper. :P[/quote']

The same as Portugal :)

In Portugal we're more high-tech tho - we go to the nearest school and use this complex gadget called pen, to write an "X" on another complex gadget called paper. :P[/quote']

Yeah, like Adam said, it's just like Portugal :)

Just up the road for me so I could go any time, but I'll be going when my parents go I think.

Riferimento: The Politics Thread

I'm Italian and in in Italy, it still uses the old and classic pen and paper:p, and the scams are endless :(:D

The Italian political system is false and corrupt. We're coming to the disastrous economic levels of Greece. Italy is beautiful only for the sea, monuments and culture.:) Nothing else.:(

Re: Riferimento: The Politics Thread

I'm Italian and in in Italy' date=' it still uses the old and classic pen and paper:p, and the scams are endless :(:D

The Italian political system is false and corrupt. We're coming to the disastrous economic levels of Greece. [b']Italy is beautiful only for the sea, monuments and culture.[/b]:) Nothing else.:(

The woman, cars, pizza and wine aren't that bad;)

Yeah' date=' like Adam said, it's just like Portugal :)

Just up the road for me so I could go any time, but I'll be going when my parents go I think.[/quote']

Cheers, lads!

I kinda like the pen and paper voting process tbh. :D

I'm Italian and in in Italy' date=' it still uses the old and classic pen and paper:p, and the scams are endless :(:D

The Italian political system is false and corrupt. We're coming to the disastrous economic levels of Greece. Italy is beautiful only for the sea, monuments and culture.:) Nothing else.:([/quote']

Mate, Portugal is super corrupt too.

But in Italy, you have some judges with balls, who aren't afraid of convicting the big guys.

The Portuguese judicial system is a joke beyond belief, mainly because almost all the judges are spineless cowards.

They just care about their corporate privileges.

Like the (plane) pilots. They do nothing but go on strike and they're a bunch of overprivileged guys.

Just so you see the ridiculousness of the situation, the other company (TAP) workers have started protesting - and rightly so - against the pilots' continuous strikes.

The number 2 of our government should be in prison.

Our prime-minister didn't submit his 1999 tax declaration.

In any other country and if he had some dignity, he'd resign.

Most Portuguese people are ignorant and just care about Benfica and trash (low-brow TV shows, etc).

You can't watch 5 minutes of national news without getting sick to your stomache, due to all the corruption and its impunity.

Portugal is a great country if you're rich: it has nice weather, great food and usually hospitable people.

But the ignorance level and the impunity to corruption crimes, which end up costing tax payers billions, simply make it unbearable for any intelligent person.

That's why loads of intelligent and talented Portuguese youngsters are emigrating (that and because salaries suck).

Fortunately it shouldn't take long for me to get the hell out of here too.

Riferimento: Re: The Politics Thread

Cheers' date=' lads!

But in Italy, you have some judges with balls, who aren't afraid of convicting the big guys.

The Portuguese judicial system is a joke beyond belief, mainly because almost all the judges are spineless cowards.

Like the (plane) pilots. They do nothing but go on strike and they're a bunch of overprivileged guys.

Just so you see the ridiculousness of the situation, the other company (TAP) workers have started protesting - and rightly so - against the pilots' continuous strikes.

Most Portuguese people are ignorant and just care about Benfica and trash (low-brow TV shows, etc).

You can't watch 5 minutes of national news without getting sick to your stomache, due to all the corruption and its impunity.

Portugal is a great country if you're rich: it has nice weather, great food and usually hospitable people.

But the ignorance level and the impunity to corruption crimes, which end up costing tax payers billions, simply make it unbearable for any intelligent person.

That's why loads of intelligent and talented Portuguese youngsters are emigrating (that and because salaries suck).

Fortunately it shouldn't take long for me to get the hell out of here too.[/quote']

Mate in Italy, those who enter the prison there is a month and out! In Italy reigns State-Mafia. And 'different visit and live there. Believe me, it is the most corrupt of Portugal (although I do not know if the Portallo is corrupt, because they do not live there) .In Italian young people have no work, and you enter only with political connections! All this is sad.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: The Politics Thread

The woman' date=' cars, pizza and wine aren't that bad;)[/quote']

Mate in Italy, only these are good things, more hot girl: p: p but about the political system, is the worst in europe :( In Italy workers earn little, and there is no job.:(:(

I prefer Spanish girls and English :) :DItalian girls are nasty :D :D

I would have thought that an electronic process would be open to so much potentially tampering?

Also with electric voting systems can you say you don't want to vote for any of them? Cos of it's just a select a box for one party then that would mean you'd automatically lose a vote?

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: The Politics Thread

Mate in Italy' date=' only these are good things, more hot girl: p: p but about the political system, is the worst in europe :( In Italy workers earn little, and there is no job.:(:(

I prefer Spanish girls and English :):D[b']Italian girls are nasty[/b] :D :D

I can second this.

Nasty in the nasty way, not regular nasty.

Cheers' date=' lads!

Fortunately it shouldn't take long for me to get the hell out of here too.[/quote']

I'd rather be homeless in Portugal with no prospects than live in Scotland just to sleep on a sunny beach.B)

What do they do' date=' pick boogers out of their noses and wipe them in their buttcracks?[/quote']

No, because that's just outright nasty.

Let me rephrase, nasty in a "nasty" way. Hope this clears things up a bit.

EDIT: Freaks - that's probably a more accurate description.

The sun's anti labour front pages are absolutely disgusting' date=' obviously not surprising coming from the most low life paper going.

Just hope that people aren't easily swayed by Murdochs propaganda and come to their own decision.[/quote']

Yeh I have

Don't vote labour- clueless