The Politics Thread

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Politics Thread First of all R.I.P to the guy that died in Woolwich,if he was beheaded (can't watch the supposed video that exists) that's a horrible way to die and of course noone ever ever

Re: The Politics Thread Can't help but agree with the sentiments that the IRA, and Irish people and Catholics did NOT get the kind of demonisation that Islam gets today. And they were far more succes

Re: The Politics Thread You post up the article involving one case and arguing on that basis that NHS isn't great. So you are generalising as you are implying that is all they pay for all year long.

Re: The Politics Thread

Of course it does. What an absurd thing to say.

Bear in mind that he will be the face of your country for the next couple of years (if chosen) - wouldn't you find it disturbing if your representative was Wallace?

Well firstly, the face of the country is the Queen.

In terms of actual politics, it matters for absolutely nothing. I couldn't care less what the Primer Minister looks like, it's an irrelevance.

What actually matters is the policies of the Prime Minister and the government he's representing.

I'd like to hope that the the vast majority of the population aren't influenced by how the media portray an individual based on his image. The image of the Labour party leader is always going to come under scrutiny given the bias of the media.

I'm personally not going to vote for someone who wants to put the brunt of the economic situation, caused by bankers, on the poorest of society whilst reducing the top rate of income tax. It's contributing to an ever increasing inequality in Britain today, regardless of whose to blame for the financial situation we were in that isn't the way to fix it.

You shouldn't let the media influence your vote, vote based on policies and not image.

Voted Labour. Just liked the way Miliband eats a bacon sandwich.

Optimistic that we'll manage to get the Conservatives out of power' date=' and if that happens I'll be happy.[/quote']

Ditto. :) #JeSuisEd

If I could; I'd make it a point never to vote for a cartoon figure.
Bear in mind that he will be the face of your country for the next couple of years (if chosen) - wouldn't you find it disturbing if your representative was Wallace?

camtank1.jpg

The sun's anti labour front pages are absolutely disgusting' date=' obviously not surprising coming from the most low life paper going.

Just hope that people aren't easily swayed by Murdochs propaganda and come to their own decision.[/quote']

Mirror do the same thing with their anti-tory crap.

I don't like being told what to think. I don't like fellow members of the public being told what to think. The media should shut their gobs at election time and report the news and not try and brainwash us all.

Vote for me and I'll put a stop to that,

Vote Fern for a better future..........for me and a worse one for the rest of you. I'll declare war on Scotland' date=' blow up every religious related thing in England and ban feminism. I shall come to power in a bloodless coup like Walt Disney.[/quote']

Where do I sign up?

That exit poll looks excellent!!!

Seems as if the majority of the country has seen sense and not backed the absolute calamity that is the Milliband/Balls partnership.

If Labour has only got 239 seats in an era of a government having to impart austerity measures (because of Labour and there economic inadequecies) it is quite frankly worse than a disaster it is frankly hugely Embaressing.

Hope these polls are right, goodbye Ed you were never up to the job and Labour had the bloke to lead them in his brother but as per usual play to the Unions and Ed gets the job.

That exit poll looks excellent!!!

Seems as if the majority of the country has seen sense and not backed the absolute calamity that is the Milliband/Balls partnership.

If Labour has only got 239 seats in an era of a government having to impart austerity measures (because of Labour and there economic inadequecies) it is quite frankly worse than a disaster it is frankly hugely Embaressing.

Hope these polls are right' date=' goodbye Ed you were never up to the job and Labour had the bloke to lead them in his brother but as per usual play to the Unions and Ed gets the job.[/quote']

Yes another 5 years of the rich getting richer and the poor taking the brunt of the cuts to prop up the economy.

The fact that the SNP look like they're going to make up a large part of government shows how backwards our voting system is. Such large constituencies with a lower population density/number shouldn't carry the same voting weight as large population bases.

If the exit poll is anything to go by then thankfully Nicola Sturgeon won't get anywhere near power. That said a conservative majority would be a disaster.

And I'd be glad to see the Lib Dems lose that many seats. Not enough IMO. I have no respect for those sell outs after what they did five years ago when they got a sniff of power. And I hope it's right now - I'd love to see Ashdown eat his own hat

This doesn't surprise me when you come from a family of Chelsea supporters. ;)

No I come from a family who recognises that the current Labour Party are frankly incompetent and I say that as a guy who voted Labour in the first two elections I voted on.

Polls can be misleading anyway so I wouldn't say the BBC exit poll is bulletproof, but it would be an amazing result.

Yes another 5 years of the rich getting richer and the poor taking the brunt of the cuts to prop up the economy.

The poor feel the slight cuts more than the rich feel the harsh ones. Give the rich too many harsh cuts and they'll swan off somewhere without harsh cuts.

Having rich people in the country contributing some portion of their wealth is far more beneficial than having them in another country contributing nothing.

Not exactly fair, but that's the way the world works.

You keep believing the tripe spouted by the mirror...

Play to the stereotype...

Labour is the reason we have the economic mess we have just like they have left every single time they have had Power historically.

Economically incompetent

You keep believing the tripe spouted by the mirror...

Play to the stereotype...

Labour is the reason we have the economic mess we have just like they have left every single time they have had Power historically.

Economically incompetent

I dont read the papers thankyou very much. But if you're on the same side as The Sun and Katie Hopkins then you're probably on the wrong side.

But Conservatives plan of getting out of it completely batters the already battered lower class.

And as a student I'll be gutted to see those toffs get another 5 years, can't wait to finish uni with 40 grand of debt.

I dont read the papers thankyou very much. But if you're on the same side as The Sun and Katie Hopkins then you're probably on the wrong side.

But Conservatives plan of getting out of it completely batters the already battered lower class.

And as a student I'll be gutted to see those toffs get another 5 years' date=' can't wait to finish uni with 40 grand of debt.[/quote']

I don't read the sun for obvious reasons and I couldn't care less what Katie Hopkins thinks, I make my own choices....

My choice is based on economic matters and who will do what is best for this country, Labour are incompetent how anybody of sane mind can vote for the bumbling idiot combination of Balls/Milliband is beyond me...

By the way you chose to go to Uni that's a personal choice and you knew the costs before you went, regardless of who was in power student fees would be massive anyway. Lets not forget it was Labour who introduced student fees in the first place, it was there baby.

I don't read the sun for obvious reasons and I couldn't care less what Katie Hopkins thinks' date=' I make my own choices....

My choice is based on economic matters and who will do what is best for this country, Labour are incompetent how anybody of sane mind can vote for the bumbling idiot combination of Balls/Milliband is beyond me...

By the way you chose to go to Uni that's a personal choice and you knew the costs before you went, regardless of who was in power student fees would be massive anyway. Lets not forget it was Labour who introduced student fees in the first place, it was there baby.[/quote']

Just because I chose to go to university doesn't mean I have to be pleased with the Tories decision to raise the fees astronomically and labour are the best suited party for me, there's absolutely no way to write Ed off as a poor leader when he's not had a chance.

After the 5 years of Cameron I've come to the conclusion that he is no better than any of those running.