The Politics Thread

Stuart H

Re: The Politics Thread

Quoting systems seems a bit bonkers so:

@ Longnose:

The Germans in particular were/are looking at having a captive market to sell their manufacturing goods-thats what the EU were supposed to provide (with the rise of preferential treatment amongst trading bloc that have arisen around the world). So their future growth is inextricably (I may be exaggerating here a bit) linked with a stable Euro and its zone. Thus it's in their interest and those countries with large export sectors.

@cristianoballotelli

A couple points- most countries print more money than they actually have the resources to cover since money is really an IOU.

America is recovering (although being the epicenter of the contagion of the banking crisis) faster than many other countries, because while the Europeans had deep cuts -removing money from the economy which generates wealth-they ramped up spending which restores public confidence and generates jobs.

The idea of a World War 3 is fast becomming extinct IMO-since the battles have moved away from guns/bullets to tariffs and trade. Wars will be fought-but never on the grand scale seen before-unless Aliens or some powerful nation goes postal.

Like it or not we are all in this basket together.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quoting systems seems a bit bonkers so:

@ Longnose:

The Germans in particular were/are looking at having a captive market to sell their manufacturing goods-thats what the EU were supposed to provide (with the rise of preferential treatment amongst trading bloc that have arisen around the world). So their future growth is inextricably (I may be exaggerating here a bit) linked with a stable Euro and its zone. Thus it's in their interest and those countries with large export sectors.

No my wise friend you don't exaggerate at all' date=' 60% (?) of Germanys exports are within the EU, and internationally are kept competitive due to the weakness of the euro ( when compared to the old Deutchmark).

Depends on how you look at it really, if you think of it the in terms that from its conception it has been an insidious method to create an unelected, undemocratic German dominated European superstate then it is succeeding beyond all expectations. B)

I return to my original point, the Euro has been a success despite its apparent failure as a currency. Due to fiscal union, the Germans will effectively bankroll the EU, and thus control the European economy by dictating the rules and deciding on a fitting punishment for those that break them. This has been achieved on the back of the financial crises in a staggering power grab of sovereignty that otherwise would have taken years to have negotiated. In short not only are the Germans appeased ( and Poland safe) but Europe is further down the road to a super state. :)

No my wise friend you don't exaggerate at all' date=' 60% (?) of Germanys exports are within the EU, and internationally are kept competitive due to the weakness of the euro ( when compared to the old Deutchmark).

In short not only are the Germans appeased ( and Poland safe) but Europe is further down the road to a super state. :)[/color']

Well rather ironical this is, to become a colony :P

At least the trains will run on time :) and a Bild on every newsstand.

Well rather ironical this is' date=' to become a colony :P

At least the trains will run on time :) and a Bild on every newsstand.[/quote']

hmmmmm B)

C4M-Petition.jpg

Thank the Lord, it appears that its not only me and the bishop of Rome who oppose the shameful attempt at liberal social engineering with the proposed legalisation of same sex marriages. So far over 125,000 other people have been moved to sign an online petition against it, and bloody right to!!. Where did this nonsense come from?, who wants it? nobody i know ( at least down my local Conservative club) is in favour, infact everyone I come across openly opposes it. As I said previously I never thought I would see the day when a CONSERVATIVE prime monster would back such an abhorrence. And that’s what it is, a despicable attempt to redefine one of the age old pillars of our society by allowing the abnormal to suddenly become normal. Can it really be justifiable to alter the boundaries of marriage to suit as little as 4% of the population?, why is it nowadays the so called rights of the individual outweigh those of the many?. Dave espouses the virtues of Christian faith and his commitment to traditional values but like much else about todays Conservative party it is all but a smokescreen, the more I see of him the more I am inclined to cast my vote elsewhere in the next general election.

hmmmmm B)

:D

While people march about and fill the streets in other countries in defense of/opposition of beliefs and values-you sign petitions..B)

A tyrant is a tyrant whether he's Muslim/Christian/Patagonian etc and one should not force one's values on others-that's why people have kids.:)

:D

While people march about and fill the streets in other countries in defense of/opposition of beliefs and values-you sign petitions..B)

..of course we do' date=' we are British [/color'] :confused:

A tyrant is a tyrant whether he's Muslim/Christian/Patagonian etc and one should not force one's values on others-that's why people have kids.:)

Tryant? ( don't be ridiculous), but incidentally thats exactly what the gay lobby / liberal political elite are doing. They have no mandate for these changes, only their perverse idealism.B)

..of course we do' date=' we are British [/color'] :confused:

Tryant? ( don't be ridiculous), but incidentally thats exactly what the gay lobby / liberal political elite are doing. They have no mandate for these changes, only their perverse idealism.B)

Yeah they are-unless your Government (for,by and from the people) are supporting them. No mandate ? do they need one?

Yeah they are-unless your Government (for' date='by and from the people) are supporting them. No mandate ? do they need one?[/quote']

..almost certainly he does, after all this is not a political decision that can be undone at the next election, like the surrender of British sovereignty to the EU once its in its in for good. Its an absolute outrage...

..almost certainly he does' date=' after all this is not a political decision that can be undone at the next election, like the surrender of British sovereignty to the EU once its in its in for good. Its an absolute outrage...[/color']

and the petition will stem this tide by...

..expressing the public opposition to the changes' date=' hopefully forcing a change in direction, would you suggest a more direct action? [/color']

Well a social action group might be an idea-you know communicating to your MP and hopefully forcing a parliament debate etc. In other words use the system-petitions are just counters really.

You suggest there is a political will to get it done-mobilise effective opposition against it and it should be dead in the water. You guys have not had an effective protest in years..the poll tax -remember the feral youth and don't make us pay too much for education rallies and how they turned out.

So on second thought stick with the petition :o

Well a social action group might be an idea-you know communicating to your MP and hopefully forcing a parliament debate etc.

You suggest there is a political will to get it done-mobilise effective opposition against it and it should be dead in the water. You guys have not had an effective protest in years..the poll tax -remember the feral youth and don't make us pay too much for education rallies and how they turned out.

So on second thought stick with the petition :o

Already written to my MP Teresa Pearce ' date=' not that i expect a response she never has done in the past..mind you I did start my previous 245 E-mails... Dear ugly Labourite cow...;)[/color']

Already written to my MP Teresa Pearce ' date=' not that i expect a response she never has done in the past..mind you I did start my previous 245 E-mails... Dear ugly Labourite cow...;)[/color']

lmao..

I am sure that there must be some pressure group you can lend support too which opposes the adoption of the policy.

Either that or you get a Guy Fawkes mask, a PC and hack somebody or something and then post a long rant about it..

• 2 weeks later...

earthquake is really needed to strike stupid Israel they could start third WW ,idiots why they would have nuclear bombs and Iran cant,are they approved by God that only they know how to use nuclear bombs,or they would use it better,plus if any state should be banned to have nuclear bombs then its USA:mad:

earthquake is really needed to strike stupid Israel they could start third WW ' date='idiots why they would have nuclear bombs and Iran cant,are they approved by God that only they know how to use nuclear bombs,or they would use it better,plus[b'] if any state should be banned to have nuclear bombs then its USA:mad:[/b]

I'd personally approve of a global ban against nuclear and/or chemical weapons altogether.

Let's start using bow and arrow again ... :P

earthquake is really needed to strike stupid Israel they could start third WW ' date='idiots [b']why they would have nuclear bombs and Iran cant[/b],are they approved by God that only they know how to use nuclear bombs,or they would use it better,plus if any state should be banned to have nuclear bombs then its USA:mad:

Because that nutter in charge of Iran will use them Nuclear weapons to blow up a certain country in the Middle East.

earthquake is really needed to strike stupid Israel they could start third WW ' date='idiots why they would have nuclear bombs and Iran cant,are they approved by God that only they know how to use nuclear bombs,or they would use it better,plus if any state should be banned to have nuclear bombs then its USA:mad:[/quote']

They were given the rights to having the bomb by the allied powers simply because at the time (COLd WAR) a lot of their neighbors had the same thought you stated-and were heavily endowed with conventional weapons.

I'd personally approve of a global ban against nuclear and/or chemical weapons altogether.

Let's start using bow and arrow again ... :P

Actually if that does happen the Chinese is guaranteed to win..a couple billion arrows heading your way. Mutually assured destruction is a relic of the Cold war-and by and large have ceased to be a viable option in most situations.

Because that nutter in charge of Iran will use them Nuclear weapons to blow up a certain country in the Middle East.

Interesting that-he's doing all that cage rattling because he needs to do it domestically -he doesn't have real power mate-just a puppet of the theocracy.

The prob is Israel wants to make an example out of Iran and Iran wants to crew with the US via Israel.

There are more pressing cases tbh Syria, Korean Peninsula etc.

earthquake is really needed to strike stupid Israel they could start third WW ' date='idiots why they would have nuclear bombs and Iran cant,are they approved by God that only they know how to use nuclear bombs,or they would use it better,plus if any state should be banned to have nuclear bombs then its USA:mad:[/quote']

People like you are the reason America and Israel take such aggressive stances. If they felt safe, they would have no need for posturing.

Try to understand international relations properly. There are lots of very valid criticisms of America, but they get watered down by the absolute rubbish west haters peddle.

People like you are the reason America and Israel take such aggressive stances. If they felt safe' date=' they would have no need for posturing.

Try to understand international relations properly. There are lots of very valid criticisms of America, but they get watered down by the absolute rubbish west haters peddle.[/quote']

What? By Isreal unlawfully taking land away by building an illegal barrier which is situated in strictly speaking not their lawful land and they still are taking away land unlawfully, unlawfully killing people, unlawfully stopping aid to Gaza and other unlawful things such as recently they were trying to take Palestinian water supplies?

If only the Israelis heard the phrase beggars can't be choosers. They got some land from the UN, they should be happy with that. If the Israelis happly took the land, they would be no Hamas and such groups like that.

Actually if that does happen the Chinese is guaranteed to win..a couple billion arrows heading your way. Mutually assured destruction is a relic of the Cold war-and by and large have ceased to be a viable option in most situations.

I disagree ... I'm quite certain that the Indians ( Koothrapali kind ) would be a massive contestant for world domination !! Add to that all the smaller countries on the chinese borders or their provinces ( former mongols ) that'll rise up under their new Khan and win everything

;)

And then ofc ... you have us vikings ;) longboats and awesome beards ftw :D

People like you are the reason America and Israel take such aggressive stances. If they felt safe' date=' they would have no need for posturing.

[b']Try to understand international relations properly.[/b] There are lots of very valid criticisms of America, but they get watered down by the absolute rubbish west haters peddle.

This is +1 in regards to anything CB says about USA

:P and political questions in general that he chooses to comment upon.

and others are safe cause Israel having nukes,:confused:,they will use them smart:confused::mad:,if Israel have nukes North Korea and Iran should have nukes,who cares does USA feel safe:mad:,i dont feel safe cause they have nukes maybe:mad:,maybe USA used nukes in Japan so they know that can be devastating:confused:,only state that USA dont attack are those who can defend themselves like Russia or China why they dont ban China having nukes(cause they cant):mad:

What? By Isreal unlawfully taking land away by building an illegal barrier which is situated in strictly speaking not their lawful land and they still are taking away land unlawfully' date=' unlawfully killing people, unlawfully stopping aid to Gaza and other unlawful things such as recently they were trying to take Palestinian water supplies?

If only the Israelis heard the phrase beggars can't be choosers. They got some land from the UN, they should be happy with that. If the Israelis happly took the land, they would be no Hamas and such groups like that.[/quote']

But there's this thing in the world called greed.

Everyone always wants more ... especially when it comes to power and influence.

Archived