Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

found:)' date='anyway in 10 commands of Bible there isnt such thing as go to war,fight for country,conquer Jerusalem or is it some violent Bible:confused: etc its all just politic for robberies[/quote']

i second that

especially the last two words

found:)' date='anyway in 10 commands of Bible there isnt such thing as go to war,fight for country,conquer Jerusalem or is it some violent Bible:confused: etc its all just politic for robberies[/quote']

Have you not read a thing ?

:P

The church ( and the king of france/england for that matter ) wanted to expand their riches and their power ... thus going to the holy country to wage war against the infidels, seizing their land was a good business ;)

God never commanded anyone to fight for him ... It was his underlings that did the dirty job of lying to the people ^^

The church ( and the king of france/england for that matter ) wanted to expand their riches and their power ... thus going to the holy country to wage war against the infidels' date=' seizing their land was a good business ;)

[/b']

God never commanded anyone to fight for him ... It was his underlings that did the dirty job of lying to the people ^^

he meant the bolded part

The church ( and the king of france/england for that matter ) wanted to expand their riches and their power ... thus going to the holy country to wage war against the infidels' date=' seizing their land was a good business ;)

God never commanded anyone to fight for him ... It was his underlings that did the dirty job of lying to the people ^^[/center']

thats what i am saying whole time,only few people here understands that,u among them:),we agree on that

[b']

God never commanded anyone to fight for him ... It was his underlings that did the dirty job of lying to the people ^^[/b]

Read the Old Testament...

My writing was more awesome tho

:(

thats what i am saying whole time' date='only few people here understands that,u among them:),we agree on that[/quote']

we are on the same page then

P.S : I think god ordered us to fight for him but not to make false wars for other reasons ;)

I missed a part ? lol

Either that or I'm way too tired for these kinds of discussion ... damn ... drank my last Burn earlier today :( I need more!

Old Testament God was a bit of a fan of war. He commanded the Jews to take the Holy Land by force and exterminate (as in genocide) the native populace. He even brought the walls of some city (Im too tired to remember) so that they could destroy it.

Old Testament God was a bit of a fan of war. He commanded the Jews to take the Holy Land by force and exterminate (as in genocide) the native populace. He even brought the walls of some city (Im too tired to remember) so that they could destroy it.

Ooooooh yeah xD It's an hour after midnite here ... my brain has already shut down xD

So yeah ... ehrm ... thanks for shooting down that post -.- bugger ! :o:D

in Qur"an is also part of war,but main thing u go to war if necessary,and if u conquer some country u cant force people into another religion etc,only difference that they should pay taxes to new state which is logical,anyway is infernito said i am totally against wars,and they dont cause nothing good anyway

in Qur"an is also part of war' date='but main thing u go to war if necessary,and if u conquer some country u cant force people into another religion etc[/b'],only difference that they should pay taxes to new state which is logical,anyway is infernito said i am totally against wars,and they dont cause nothing good anyway

that's true . ;) i read that too

in Qur"an is also part of war' date='but main thing u go to war if necessary,[b']and if u conquer some country u cant force people into another religion[/b] etc,only difference that they should pay taxes to new state which is logical,anyway is infernito said i am totally against wars,and they dont cause nothing good anyway

Tell that to the crusader priests etc.

CONVERT OR YOU SHALL ALL PERISH ! :P

Noes' date=' a politics thread on a football forum game, why didn't I find this before!?

*Grabs some popcorn* (no beer, its still too early, I'm a responsible guy :o)[/quote']

Given the political conversations you and I have had ... i thought you knew about this place

:D

I honestly did not :o

Shame on you ! But here's a cookie for being a good lad and finding it ! :P

In any way ... let's get back OT ...

The recent shooting of the youngster Trayvon Martin in Florida has echoed worldwide ... even President Obama has talked about it publicly ... the shooter is freed from all charges and can go back to his normal life since it was self-defence ( yeah right ... the kid had a bag of candy on him )

What do you guys think about this ? That certain law that some of the US states have and the political impact this'll have on the republican candidates etc. ?

Shame on you ! But here's a cookie for being a good lad and finding it ! :P

In any way ... let's get back OT ...

The recent shooting of the youngster Trayvon Martin in Florida has echoed worldwide ... even President Obama has talked about it publicly ... the shooter is freed from all charges and can go back to his normal life since it was self-defence ( yeah right ... the kid had a bag of candy on him )

What do you guys think about this ? That certain law that some of the US states have and the political impact this'll have on the republican candidates etc. ?

Thanks, though I already had popcorn :P

Tbh I think its ridiculous that the states in the US can all pretty much create their own rules as it just creates a bureaucratic mess. But the biggest thing is the huge impact of the different lobby groups (like the rifle association) on the national and state politics which seem to dominate as long as they pay a lot of money.

Politics in the US seem to have gone completely commercial thanks to their political/election system.. :rolleyes:

Thanks' date=' though I already had popcorn :P

Tbh I think its ridiculous that the states in the US can all pretty much create their own rules as it just creates a bureaucratic mess. But the biggest thing is the huge impact of the different lobby groups (like the rifle association) on the national and state politics which seem to dominate as long as they pay a lot of money.

Politics in the US seem to have gone completely commercial thanks to their political/election system.. :rolleyes:[/quote']

and thats real opinion,bravo:D,pitty u didnt find this thread sooner,and i dont think it will have impact on campaigne cause people forget very fast,anyway.............

and thats real opinion' date='bravo:D,pitty u didnt find this thread sooner,and i dont think it will have impact on campaigne cause people forget very fast,anyway.............[/quote']

Heh, well I'll be around for a while I think. Really interested in politics (hence I'm studying political science :o)