Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

And compare them to the teachings within the New Testament' date=' each serves a different purpose ..:)[/color']

The first is the stick and the second is the carrot. Do as we say and you will be in heaven for all eternity.

Shame on you ! But here's a cookie for being a good lad and finding it ! :P

In any way ... let's get back OT ...

The recent shooting of the youngster Trayvon Martin in Florida has echoed worldwide ... even President Obama has talked about it publicly ... the shooter is freed from all charges and can go back to his normal life since it was self-defence ( yeah right ... the kid had a bag of candy on him )

What do you guys think about this ? That certain law that some of the US states have and the political impact this'll have on the republican candidates etc. ?

The guy who did the shooting is supposed to a "Latino," although if you see his picture you could imagine him going around with a white bag over his head. In fact, if the shooter was white you would be reading about riots everywhere.

The guy who did the shooting is supposed to a "Latino' date='" although if you see his picture you could imagine him going around with a white bag over his head. In fact, if the shooter was white you would be reading about riots everywhere.[/quote']

It doesn't make that much difference in this case though, because he was fairly affluent and openly racist against blacks. He made dozens of calls to police about black teenagers "looking suspicious". On this occasion, he called them and said Martin was looking suspicious (he was in fact buying some skittles and a drink).

Anyway, it was an entirely racist act and the law is used to discriminate against black people. Could you imagine if Martin had killed Zimmerman in self defense (in the real sense) that he wouldn't have been arrested?

anyone read Fidel Castro statement about Iran & Usa ' date='or watched on TV.......u should all read it..........[/quote']

Lol, "the biggest mistake in history". Well obviously he says the US is stupid if they attack Iran, both countries don't like the US (well, both governments do) so Castro supporting Iran isn't a strange thing to happen.

Lol' date=' "the biggest mistake in history". Well obviously he says the US is stupid if they attack Iran, both countries don't like the US (well, both governments do) so Castro supporting Iran isn't a strange thing to happen.[/quote']

agree,but

USA trained Saddam,USA trained AlQaida all theirs forces will go agains them,once USA economy was fastest in the world..........now it isnt,now USA economy crushing every day.............USA will be ripped apart soon if they involve in few more wars;)

agree' date='but

[b']usa trained saddam,usa trained alqaida [/b]all theirs forces will go agains them,once usa economy was fastest in the world..........now it isnt,now usa economy crushing every day.............usa will be ripped apart soon if they involve in few more wars;)

i second this

The first is the stick and the second is the carrot. Do as we say and you will be in heaven for all eternity.

Not Quite the O/T confirms the existence of God as the creator' date=' issues laws to the Hebrews and most importantly foretells of the coming of a new and final path to enlightenment ( the N/T) via Jesus Christ..:) [/color']

agree' date='but

USA trained Saddam,USA trained AlQaida all theirs forces will go agains them,once USA economy was fastest in the world..........now it isnt,now USA economy crushing every day.............USA will be ripped apart soon if they involve in few more wars;)[/quote']

You do know that Saddam is dead and Bin Laden is dead too?!

Anyways I really doubt the US will fall apart anytime soon, but there's a reason that they're leaving Afghanistan and Irak as yes its a lot of money (like that really matters with their national debt), but if they're out of those countries and find a reason to attack Iran I'm sure they will.

But for now they won't attack as the region is very risky already (think Syria, Egypt..) and they're actually have to work very hard to keep Israel from doing anything stupid.

But int he end that doesn't mean that Iran can do anything it wants and imo the nuclear work they're doing is just stupid, why be so provocative? They're already one of the biggest/strongest countries in the area and if they don't make such a fuzz the US won't care about them..

Not Quite the O/T confirms the existence of God as the creator' date=' issues laws to the Hebrews and most importantly foretells of the coming of a new and final path to enlightenment ( the N/T) via Jesus Christ..:) [/color']

at least that's the Biblical version :)

BTW The budget just past, is the right mix of constraint and expenditure to get Britain right back where she belongs.

at least that's the Biblical version :)

BTW The budget just past' date=' is the right mix of constraint and expenditure to get Britain right back where she belongs.[/quote']

Same old story really.. squeeze the life out of anyone who tries to provide for themselves in their old age, buy a house , drives a car or like a pint and a ciggie whilst all the time wasting Billions on the EU, Foreign aid, social security, public workers and our third world NHS B)

EDIT and of course the BBC ..lefty swines :mad:

Same old story really.. squeeze the life out of anyone who tries to provide for themselves in their old age' date=' buy a house , drives a car or like a pint and a ciggie whilst all the time wasting Billions on the EU, Foreign aid, social security, public workers and our third world NHS B)

EDIT and of course the BBC ..lefty swines :mad:[/color']

EU billions-I must of missed that...are you sure-why donate to something you despise :rolleyes:

Oh sin taxes are en vogue these days-since England is a Christian nation ..according to a particular leader.

Same old story really.. squeeze the life out of anyone who tries to provide for themselves in their old age' date=' buy a house , drives a car or like a pint and a ciggie whilst all the time wasting Billions on the EU, Foreign aid, social security, public workers and our third world NHS B)

EDIT and of course the BBC ..lefty swines :mad:[/color']

Much more worried about the military budget than any of those...

I take it from your stance on Ciggies that you are somewhat Libertarian. Would you apply the same reasoning to someone who likes a spliff? I agree with you on cigarettes and booze but shouldn't we go a couple of steps further?

I take it from your stance on Ciggies that you are somewhat Libertarian. Would you apply the same reasoning to someone who likes a spliff? I agree with you on cigarettes and booze but shouldn't we go a couple of steps further?

wouldnt the military budget cuts fall in line with a draw down in troops.

Borrowing the 126 bill bother me.

EU billions-I must of missed that...are you sure-why donate to something you despise :rolleyes:

Oh sin taxes are en vogue these days-since England is a Christian nation ..according to a particular leader.

I'll think you will find taxes have always been ''in vogue'' over here in the mother country' date=' sinful or not..B)[/color']

In what sense?..

Yea why is it that drug dealers dont need to pay any taxes? ay!

Seems crazy in this day and age that we allow a whole multi-bullion pound industry to not pay any tax. I just don't get it. We pay tax on fuel which we need but not on drugs which we don't need, i just don't get it. :)

Seems crazy in this day and age that we allow a whole multi-bullion pound industry to not pay any tax. I just don't get it. We pay tax on fuel which we need but not on drugs which we don't need' date=' i just don't get it. :)[/quote']

True-the problem is that the trades not regulated (hence the terms-illicit/illegal/underground) as a legal commodity.

You can however legalise it and get your taxes and pay for at the hospitals/insurance costs/crime etc.;)

Seems crazy in this day and age that we allow a whole multi-bullion pound industry to not pay any tax. I just don't get it. We pay tax on fuel which we need but not on drugs which we don't need' date=' i just don't get it. :)[/quote']

Legalisation effectively' date=' of all recreational drugs[/quote']

Well with Mr Keegans post in mind , perhaps its wise to be careful what you wish for..;)..

True-the problem is that the trades not regulated (hence the terms-illicit/illegal/underground) as a legal commodity.

You can however legalise it and get your taxes and pay for at the hospitals/insurance costs/crime etc.;)

And end up like the degenerate Dutch !!..no thank you

Well with Mr Keegans post in mind ' date=' perhaps its wise to be careful what you wish for..;)..[/color']

Would be funny if everything ended up more expensive :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I can only see it as a win win for government and for who do (or don't for that matter) need help with their drug use.

And end up like the degenerate Dutch !!..no thank you

Well they have some of the lowest rates...:confused: I forgot what it was.

Seriously though' date=' I can only see it as a win win for government and for who do (or don't for that matter) need help with their drug use.[/quote']

Tough LOVE!

Well inflation has dropped and the economy has forecast to pick up

Seriously though' date=' I can only see it as a win win for government and for who do (or don't for that matter) need help with their drug use.[/quote']

Inevitably it would , but that of course runs the risk of driving it back underground and so becoming self defeating...Personally i think its too widespread ( i have a green house full :)) and easily obtainable to tax, i think there is perhaps more a case for legalising heroine. To allow a user to obtain safe , free state supplied heroine ( alongside proper rehabilitation) would save countless lifes, a fortune in crime / prison and may well negate the role of the drug dealer :)

EDIT: I should say my wife now has my greenhouse full :mad: