Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

I wish for less drug taking and a reduction of the corruption it also creates and i wish for less needless poverty it instigates and i wish for less crime.

Maybe i wish for too much. :confused:

I wish for a full head of hair..i can't help but think we will both be disappointed :(

Would be funny if everything ended up more expensive :rolleyes:

Seriously though' date=' I can only see it as a win win for government and for who do (or don't for that matter) need help with their drug use.[/quote']

Full liberalisation of drugs would lead to cheep drugs and complete chaos. We need better regulation. In my opinion we don't have any working regulation we just let the importers and dealers run around doing what they like, then when they get caught we lock um up. Providing a short vacuum ready for another opportunist to take his place. And back to square one again.

Full liberalisation of drugs would lead to cheep drugs and complete chaos. We need better regulation. In my opinion we don't have any working regulation we just let the importers and dealers run around doing what they like' date=' then when they get caught we lock um up. Providing a short vacuum ready for another opportunist to take his place. And back to square one again.[/quote']

Where does the UK get their illegal drugs from btw? :confused:

Full liberalisation of drugs would lead to cheep drugs and complete chaos. We need better regulation. In my opinion we don't have any working regulation we just let the importers and dealers run around doing what they like' date=' then when they get caught we lock um up. Providing a short vacuum ready for another opportunist to take his place. And back to square one again.[/quote']

I would never argue for full liberalisation but controlled de-criminalisation on the more destructive ones certainly has its merits. Mind you, you are of course quite right we need to police our borders much more tightly and have the means of providing a suitable punishment..the rope :)

Where does the UK get their illegal drugs from btw? :confused:

Afghanistan...

I would never argue for full liberalisation but controlled de-criminalisation on the more destructive ones certainly has its merits. Mind you' date=' you are of course quite right we need to police our borders much more tightly and have the means of providing a suitable punishment..the rope :) [/color']

Afghanistan...

Decriminalization? yeah that should work like the effective regulation of...*scratches head* healthcare..err housing..

How in heavens name are they getting accross?

Decriminalization? yeah that should work like the effective regulation of...*scratches head* healthcare..err housing..

How in heavens name are they getting accross?

I think its worth a stab' date=' i lost a member of my family to heroine and during his 20 year habit he found himself on a constant revolving door of addiction > crime > prison > unstructured rehab > addiction etc etc..I think its fair to say the whole topic of how we view the illigal drugs trade ( and its victims) needs revisiting as it is clearly not working in my opinion...and no i am not a fan of Ken Clarke [/color']

Examples of users needing £15,000 to £30,000 a year to fund drug habits have often been given. To make such amounts of money from stolen goods police often suggest multiplying by three – on the basis that stolen goods will fetch about one third of their normal value. There are estimates of between 130,000 and 200,000 problematic drug users in the UK. That is a lot of theft, burglary, fraud or shoplifting if all are stealing to pay for things. This has led some people to suggest that well over half of all acquisitive crime is drug-related and that the market value of goods stolen involved could be between £2-2.5 billion each year.

I think its worth a stab' date=' i lost a member of my family to heroine and during his 20 year habit he found himself on a constant revolving door of addiction > crime > prison > unstructured rehab > addiction etc etc..I think its fair to say the whole topic of how we view the illigal drugs trade ( and its victims) needs revisiting as it is clearly not working in my opinion...and no i am not a fan of Ken Clarke [/color']

Decriminalization increases its reaches into areas relatively untouched.

At the moment the drug war is based on fighting it on foreign shores -there was no political will during its rise(70's 80's) to treat the problem at home.

I expect rises in its use-whether it is alcohol/rec drugs, glue or other forms of addiction :( as reality and fantasy hits people.

At the moment the drug war is based on fighting it on foreign shores -there was no political will during its rise(70's 80's) to treat the problem at home.

I expect rises in its use-whether it is alcohol/rec drugs' date=' glue or other forms of addiction :( as reality and fantasy hits people.[/quote']

Agreed, the problem is not an easy one to grapple with. Residential rehab ( perhaps enforced by the court as an alternative to prison) is key, as is employment, housing and long term emotional support but the problem is who pays for it ? and would Joe public vote for it?

The guy who did the shooting is supposed to a "Latino' date='" although if you see his picture you could imagine him going around with a white bag over his head. In fact, if the shooter was white you would be reading about riots everywhere.[/quote']

I've heard him referred to as a "White with Latino background" ... he does look latinoish to me

:P

White bag ? KKK or spanish priests ? ;)

Well, there are disciplined 'riots' the president and some of the countris biggest sport stars are taking a stance against this ... the "New black panthers" have proclaimed a wanted fee for the shooter that'll be given to the person that hands him over to TNBP :P

I can see this particular incident become anarchy fast! Politicans and law enforcement really ought to do something about it.

I thought It was only 007 that had license to kill ! Not some random american that shoots kids for fun !

Yea why is it that drug dealers dont need to pay any taxes? ay!

Seems crazy in this day and age that we allow a whole multi-bullion pound industry to not pay any tax. I just don't get it. We pay tax on fuel which we need but not on drugs which we don't need' date=' i just don't get it. :)[/quote']

Works fine here in Holland. Coffeeshops here pay taxes like usual businesses. Only funny thing is that you are not allowed to buy outside coffeeshops and that rule also applies to the coffeeshop owners. So legaly they can't be supplied :o

Edit/: OMG! Forum showed me the last page I viewed (AGAIN!) and I thought that was the last page. I hate this board! I hate it I hate it I hate it!

You do know that Saddam is dead and Bin Laden is dead too?!

Anyways I really doubt the US will fall apart anytime soon' date=' but there's a reason that they're leaving Afghanistan and Irak as yes its a lot of money (like that really matters with their national debt), but if they're out of those countries and find a reason to attack Iran I'm sure they will.

But for now they won't attack as the region is very risky already (think Syria, Egypt..) and they're actually have to work very hard to keep Israel from doing anything stupid.

But int he end that doesn't mean that Iran can do anything it wants and imo the nuclear work they're doing is just stupid, why be so provocative? They're already one of the biggest/strongest countries in the area and if they don't make such a fuzz the US won't care about them..[/quote']

yea both are dead,but both trained new generations already so it will be spreading,hate just create more hate,only if others countries help them to attack Iran(Nato alliance) etc they will not fall apart,but i would like to USA alone get involved in 2 more wars alone,that would be end,yea they are trying to retreat from Iraq and Afghanistan but isnt so easy then to control:rolleyes:,so they still need many soldiers there which means more costs etc..........and why not having nuclear bomb if u can?When others countries do,if i run countrie i would try to get best possible weapons,same like on SM:rolleyes:

about subject of drugs

yea they should be controled by law,drug addicts have problems,cause unquality stuff,many famous people use drugs but much bigger quality so dont have actual addiction,yea few died,but people die from many things,even professional sportists,i guess if introduced quality standards,taxes etc,it would be more beneficial,then black market,cause who wants drug,he ll find way to get it anyway,so those people could get some shops where they can find approved quality stuff,instead various mixes,from people who are trying to get extra more profits

yea both are dead' date='but both trained new generations already so it will be spreading,hate just create more hate,only if others countries help them to attack Iran(Nato alliance) etc they will not fall apart,but i would like to USA alone get involved in 2 more wars alone,that would be end,yea they are trying to retreat from Iraq and Afghanistan but isnt so easy then to control:rolleyes:,so they still need many soldiers there which means more costs etc..........and why not having nuclear bomb if u can?When others countries do,[b']if i run countrie i would try to get best possible weapons,same like on SM[/b]:rolleyes:

about subject of drugs

yea they should be controled by law,drug addicts have problems,cause unquality stuff,many famous people use drugs but much bigger quality so dont have actual addiction,yea few died,but people die from many things,even professional sportists,i guess if introduced quality standards,taxes etc,it would be more beneficial,then black market,cause who wants drug,he ll find way to get it anyway,so those people could get some shops where they can find approved quality stuff,instead various mixes,from people who are trying to get extra more profits

I absolutely hope you never even get close to any leading role in a country. And I'm serious about that. Getting the best weapons is not the best way to lead a country let alone help any other country.

Relax ' date=' have a smoke :)[/color']

I don't smoke.. :rolleyes:

Why?I would be great dictator;)

You do know why you see very little dictators in the world:rolleyes:

Like Broodrooster NFL said I hope you never get a leading role but judging your intelligence on here then I dont think we have much to worry about B)