Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

So yeah ... Zimmerman re-arrested ... with a district attorney going to decide wether or not to press charges in the matter of Trayvon Martins murder .. IF sentenced ... he's as good as death IMO.

So yeah ... Zimmerman re-arrested ... with a district attorney going to decide wether or not to press charges in the matter of Trayvon Martins murder .. IF sentenced ... he's as good as death IMO.

They will have to find him guilty first..which considering the public exposure of case so far is far from certain.

Breivek trial into 2nd day now.

Whilst he admittedly went a bit too far, he is clearly not insane as the 'Islamification' of Europe is something which many are concerned of but are too afraid to confront.

I admit that killing lots of people/children to make a point is extreme to say the least, but hopefully Governments of Europe will understand his reasoning behind it.

Although I fear his extreme actions will 'cloud over' any chance for a debate on the 'Islamification of Europe' issue and he will be deemed 'insane' which imo is wrong.

Come to Holland and join Geert Wilders, you're free to talk about Islamophobicationalization or whatever you want to call it here ;)

I myself don't care too much about it and I think its going a bit far sometimes. I do believe that if you live in a country you have to adapt to the way of live of the majority in the country a little bit, at least speak the language and have some knowledge about what is normal and what isn't in the particular country, but apart from that anyone is free to live his/her life the way he/she wants it.

That last thing doesn't count for Breivik btw, he should be shot and not treated for it so he dies painfully and slow :rolleyes:

Come to Holland and join Geert Wilders' date=' you're free to talk about Islamophobicationalization or whatever you want to call it here ;)

I myself don't care too much about it and I think its going a bit far sometimes. I do believe that if you live in a country you have to adapt to the way of live of the majority in the country a little bit, at least speak the language and have some knowledge about what is normal and what isn't in the particular country, but apart from that anyone is free to live his/her life the way he/she wants it.

That last thing doesn't count for Breivik btw, he should be shot and not treated for it so he dies painfully and slow :rolleyes:[/quote']

Lol - Holland and France are the 2 countries who seem not to be willing to roll over for this 'movement' tbh.

France banning the Burkha was a brave but very important move.

Unfortunately I am yet to see any good come from 'Islam' or the Islamic movement across Europe.

Whenever one hears of the 'movement' they are instantly filled with terror and do their utmost not to offend.

Implementing Sharia Law into Britain is just one of the latest ways that these folk are looking to impose themselves over Europe.

Unfortunately until someone is willing and able to answer the following question then Europe will slowely be ravaged by this movement:

'How do we stop the 'Islamification of Europe':confused:

Breivik obviously went too far, but his reasoning behing his atrocities are a worry/question for a lot of folk not just in Europe, but the wider World.

Whilst he admittedly went a bit too far' date=' he is clearly not insane as the 'Islamification' of Europe is something which many are concerned of but are too afraid to confront.

I admit that killing lots of people/children to make a point is extreme to say the least, but hopefully Governments of Europe will understand his reasoning behind it.

Although I fear his extreme actions will 'cloud over' any chance for a debate on the 'Islamification of Europe' issue and he will be deemed 'insane' which imo is wrong.[/quote']

Brevik wasn't insane. He was an idiot who found and equally idiotic and simplistic cause to fight for.

Brevik wasn't insane. He was an idiot who found and equally idiotic and simplistic cause to fight for.

I agree he was not insane.

However I would not be so kind to call a man who killed so many folk simply an 'idiot'.

I agree that it was not worth fighting for as 'any' slights toward Islam, no matter how sensible they are' simply get shot down and the one who raised the issue gets labelled a racist etc etc etc.

But you cannot deny that the 'Islamification of Britain/Europe' is a serious serious problem and one that needs to be urgently addressed.

If Hitler had watched over 'mass genocide' toward a religious movement that had extremists slating the countries they had adopted, condoning mass murder, followed a 'god' that married a 9 year old, read a 'guide-book' that says turning away from Islam is punishable by death whilst also advocating violence toward women, then I sincerely doubt Hitler would have suffered from the same hatred and accusations of evil as he does today.

IBut you cannot deny that the 'Islamification of Britain/Europe' is a serious serious problem and one that needs to be urgently addressed.

I can deny that mate..it's not a problem but an opportunity.

But I do agree it needs to be addressed-just maybe not by politicians but technocrats.

Lol - Holland and France are the 2 countries who seem not to be willing to roll over for this 'movement' tbh.

France banning the Burkha was a brave but very important move.

Unfortunately I am yet to see any good come from 'Islam' or the Islamic movement across Europe.

Whenever one hears of the 'movement' they are instantly filled with terror and do their utmost not to offend.

Implementing Sharia Law into Britain is just one of the latest ways that these folk are looking to impose themselves over Europe.

Unfortunately until someone is willing and able to answer the following question then Europe will slowely be ravaged by this movement:

'How do we stop the 'Islamification of Europe':confused:

Breivik obviously went too far' date=' but his reasoning behing his atrocities are a worry/question for a lot of folk not just in Europe, but the wider World.[/quote']

We've had islamic (mainly Turks and Moroccans) folkes in our country since the 1960's or so and thus we're used to it and honestly they're absolutely not that bad. Thing is that Geert Wilders doesn't have anything but focusing on the Islam to stand out from the rest so he has to focus on that and he's received a lot of votes for that, but he has actually been on the decline lately so things are actually cooling down.

Its not that people are Muslim that lots of Dutch people are upset with them, its mainly criminal youngsters who're the trouble and a part of them are Muslim, but another big part come from the Caribbean (the former colonies) and people from the Maluku Islands (and other groups). But because they're not Muslim and there's been a big focus on the Islam lately most hatred is pointed towards the Turks and Moroccans (and out of them its mostly only the Moroccan's causing trouble, Turkish youth is raised better usualy).

We haven't seen any big attacks here like in NYC, London or Madrid, only thing that happened was the murder of Theo van Gogh and there's been a small threat from an Islamic group but that is actually pretty much it from Muslims.

When looking at Europe the main problem for me is that we are the "West" who try to bring civilization all over the place which people in the Middle-East don't want. Its not that I'm against it and I do think that there's been done enough good by killing for example Bin Laden and Saddam (and to a lesser account Ghadaffi though he hasn't much to do with the Islam issue) as they were simply terrible people who were only out there for their own benefit. But looking at for example Saudi-Arabia or the Gulf States which are also very Islamic countries, there's no trouble at all. They're Islamic countries and they do their own thing and they don't seem to hate "The West".

So for some reason there's hatred from several Islamic countries against Europe/US etc and over the years that hatred's also developed from the other side. Why on earth people hate eachother that much is unknown to me. Could be that evolution to a more modern state can't be accepted by tribe elders/imams who fear a loss of religion, maybe its just about losing power and money, if we could just figure that out..

Btw I'm against any form of religion that wants any control over lives, imo religion should simply be banned from earth (any kind of religion) as it'll make things easier if you ask me.

Whilst he admittedly went a bit too far' date=' he is clearly not insane as the 'Islamification' of Europe is something which many are concerned of but are too afraid to confront.

Although I fear his extreme actions will 'cloud over' any chance for a debate on the 'Islamification of Europe' issue and he will be deemed 'insane' which imo is wrong.[/quote']

one more Islamophob:rolleyes:,no one is forcing u into Islam if u dont want,cause voted law in France do u know how many people loose theirs job,houses,cars etc,cause Turkey will suspend all economic activites with France,did u think about that for second?What u have against burqa?Its way of dressing,like some fractions of nuns arent fully covered,or some Judaism women sisterhoods ,u can find pics on google.........its same as u say u re against miniskirts.........it hasnt anything with u.........like UK laws are so great and democratic so much better then Islamic:rolleyes:,like i care how UK people live in Bosnia(no one care),it would be better for all,if people arent so opssesed with Islam and main theirs own bussiness

In western countries is bigger percentage of criminals with muslims origin,but that cause they are poor,not cause Islam is bad,and if someone has muslim origin it doesnt mean he s true believer,that he go to mosque and live by Islam ways,in holy Quran 10 commands are same as Bible,if only people live by that,there wouldnt be problems,politicans creating problems and distract focus from real issues,with such stupidites,every nation have criminals,and religion is only excuse

agree completely with BroodRooster

We've had islamic (mainly Turks and Moroccans) folkes in our country since the 1960's or so and thus we're used to it and honestly they're absolutely not that bad. Thing is that Geert Wilders doesn't have anything but focusing on the Islam to stand out from the rest so he has to focus on that and he's received a lot of votes for that' date=' but he has actually been on the decline lately so things are actually cooling down.

Its not that people are Muslim that lots of Dutch people are upset with them, its mainly criminal youngsters who're the trouble and a part of them are Muslim, but another big part come from the Caribbean (the former colonies) and people from the Maluku Islands (and other groups). But because they're not Muslim and there's been a big focus on the Islam lately most hatred is pointed towards the Turks and Moroccans (and out of them its mostly only the Moroccan's causing trouble, Turkish youth is raised better usualy).

We haven't seen any big attacks here like in NYC, London or Madrid, only thing that happened was the murder of Theo van Gogh and there's been a small threat from an Islamic group but that is actually pretty much it from Muslims.

When looking at Europe the main problem for me is that we are the "West" who try to bring civilization all over the place which people in the Middle-East don't want. Its not that I'm against it and I do think that there's been done enough good by killing for example Bin Laden and Saddam (and to a lesser account Ghadaffi though he hasn't much to do with the Islam issue) as they were simply terrible people who were only out there for their own benefit. But looking at for example Saudi-Arabia or the Gulf States which are also very Islamic countries, there's no trouble at all. They're Islamic countries and they do their own thing and they don't seem to hate "The West".

So for some reason there's hatred from several Islamic countries against Europe/US etc and over the years that hatred's also developed from the other side. Why on earth people hate eachother that much is unknown to me. Could be that evolution to a more modern state can't be accepted by tribe elders/imams who fear a loss of religion, maybe its just about losing power and money, if we could just figure that out..

Btw I'm against any form of religion that wants any control over lives, imo religion should simply be banned from earth (any kind of religion) as it'll make things easier if you ask me.[/quote']

Excellent analysis. I particularly agree with the last sentence, however folk will always want to believe that there is something else/something better when we have gone. Hopefully with the advances we are making in Science it will not be too long before the creation of the Universe can be fully explained and 'God' can be finally placed in the 'fiction' section.

The Islamic countries and those who do not 'hate the west' are of no issue. They have their own beliefs and practices but do not wish to impose them upon others.

one more Islamophob:rolleyes:' date='no one is forcing u into Islam if u dont want,cause voted law in France do u know how many people loose theirs job,houses,cars etc,cause Turkey will suspend all economic activites with France,did u think about that for second?What u have against burqa?Its way of dressing,like some fractions of nuns arent fully covered,or some Judaism women sisterhoods ,u can find pics on google.........its same as u say u re against miniskirts.........it hasnt anything with u.........like UK laws are so great and democratic so much better then Islamic:rolleyes:,like i care how UK people live in Bosnia(no one care),it would be better for all,if people arent so opssesed with Islam and main theirs own bussiness

In western countries is bigger percentage of criminals with muslims origin,but that cause they are poor,not cause Islam is bad,and if someone has muslim origin it doesnt mean he s true believer,that he go to mosque and live by Islam ways,in holy Quran 10 commands are same as Bible,if only people live by that,there wouldnt be problems,politicans creating problems and distract focus from real issues,with such stupidites,every nation have criminals,and religion is only excuse

agree completely with BroodRooster[/quote']

I am sorry to be disrespectful but there is so much tosh in that post that I do not have time to 'tear it apart' piece by piece.

Hopefully with the advances we are making in Science it will not be too long before the creation of the Universe can be fully explained and 'God' can be finally placed in the 'fiction' section.

Science and religion work hand in hand, not against each other. Many Christians believe in the Big Bang Theory and evolution; after all they are the means through which God acted.

Science and religion work hand in hand' date=' not against each other. Many Christians believe in the Big Bang Theory and evolution; after all they are the means through which God acted.[/quote']

Hear Hear !

A world without religion would perhaps be a more peaceful world, but a world without anything to believe in, would be a dark and horrid place.

Without religion to seek help and guidance in, I would've been dead a long time ago.

Hear Hear !

A world without religion would perhaps be a more peaceful world' date=' but a world without anything to believe in, would be a dark and horrid place.

Without religion to seek help and guidance in, I would've been dead a long time ago.[/center']

As much as I believe that religion is at cause for a lot of issues in the World, I am not ignorant enough to acknowledge that it does play an important role in society.

However, it seems to me to be only Islam which is looking to 'force' itself onto other cultures which is an issue I take severe offence at.

I can see the the good that has came from religion, however I feel that promoting good nature, morales, to have faith in one and other ( the positives of religion ) can come from society as a whole and it does not need a religion to teach people that.

Religion is a tool of oppression, its a justification for crimes against others, it causes divide. Religion has no place in modern society and we do not need it as some form of moral guide. We are more than capable of knowing what is right and teaching that to others.

Muslim extremists justify their barbaric actions because its for a god they havent seen. Its just what they have been TOLD to believe and its all they know.

I strongly oppose religion ( not people who follow it ), it started as a control mechanism for the powerful to control the uneducated and it has spiralled out of control.

Hear Hear !

A world without religion would perhaps be a more peaceful world' date=' but a world without anything to believe in, would be a dark and horrid place.

Without religion to seek help and guidance in, I would've been dead a long time ago.[/center']

Why the need to believe in something that can 'explain' the unexplainable? Why not accept that there's things left that we can't understand (yet)?

And if you want something to believe in, why not believe in yourself and the ones around you that you love? Why not believe in all the great things the earth has to offer?

There's enough alternatives out there that don't have to do with any spiritual things and don't want to be the only thing out there isn't there?

Thing is that I do understand people who believe and I do respect them, but imo there are enough other options.

Hear Hear !

A world without religion would perhaps be a more peaceful world' date=' b[b']ut a world without anything to believe in[/b], would be a dark and horrid place.

Without religion to seek help and guidance in, I would've been dead a long time ago.

There are other things in the world to believe in -don't equate the two.

However' date=' it seems to me to be only [b']Islam [/b]which is looking to 'force' itself onto other cultures which is an issue I take severe offence at.

Would respectfully disagree -they are the one of the most high profile groups and always have been (here we need to separate culture from the religion-pretty tough thing to do).

Religion:

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

culĀ·ture

The arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

IMO Immigrants illegal or not should be willing to give up their culture when they enter a new country UNTIL that country for whatever reason allows the free practice of their culture. No one has the right to deny a man from practicing his religion -within the law and morals of the new country-whether it be state, another religion or organization as enshrined in Article 18 in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Science and religion work hand in hand' date=' not against each other. [b']Many Christians believe in the Big Bang Theory and evolution; after all they are the means through which God acted[/b].

I hate this argument, as there's no way to argue against it. Just claiming that God is responsible for everything, then whenever there is more fact or evidence brought up regarding the history of the universe, (although of course the Big Bang isn't factually proven), they claim that God is responsible for that too. It's ridiculous.

Hear Hear !

It depends what you class as "anything to believe in." I'm an atheist, don't believe in fate or destiny, but don't see the world as a dark and horrid place.

Just a pleasant reminder that this is a politics thread, not a religion thread.

If you want to pick apart various faiths and face the wrath of several forumers then be my guest on the religion thread (which I'm sure is hidden away somewhere in Misc).

I understand that religion and politics go hand in hand some of the time but debating the existence of a deity and where the initial spark of life came from has absolutely no relevance to this thread.

I understand that religion and politics go hand in hand some of the time but debating the existence of a deity and where the initial spark of life came from has absolutely no relevance to this thread.

They do if you live in a theocracy or vote only on a candidates piety or lack thereof.

I thought that life on earth was due to Aliens tbh..illegal ones..:)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4261736/Smirking-killer-Anders-Breivik-says-I-would-do-it-all-over-again.html

He has now given a 73 minute statement explaining the reasoning behind his actions.

Just perusing through the 'reader comments' section at the bottom of the page and the ignorance and stupidity amazes me.

If governments fail to address the issue then more 'Breiviks' could be out there waiting in the wings.

Also one of the judges (3 judge panel) has been removed after stating on an internet foum that he deserves the death penalty. Hopefully the other 2 judges are not as thick and see that this is a special case and imprison him for 30 years maximum.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4261736/Smirking-killer-Anders-Breivik-says-I-would-do-it-all-over-again.html

He has now given a 73 minute statement explaining the reasoning behind his actions.

Just perusing through the 'reader comments' section at the bottom of the page and the ignorance and stupidity amazes me.

If governments fail to address the issue then more 'Breiviks' could be out there waiting in the wings.

Also one of the judges (3 judge panel) has been removed after stating on an internet foum that he deserves the death penalty. Hopefully the other 2 judges are not as thick and see that this is a special case and imprison him for 30 years maximum.

there isnt real punishment for him,what he did,he should be tortured 24h 7 days in week:mad:,till he die,for such people justice is stupid

You worry to much' date=' consider the ongoing marginalization of Christianity in Europe, i can't help but think Islam (like all faiths) will suffer the same fate. [/color']

Tbh I can't see it.

Christianity is indeed being marginalized, but it seems to me to be at the opposite end of the spectrum to Islam.

Islam is unfortunately growing rapidly and spreading it's wings over the West whilst Christianity is being made to be almost 'taboo' like.

As far-fetched as it seems I cannot see anyone being brave enough to take on Islam for fear of terror-attacks, being branded racist etc etc etc.

The only way that Islam can be defeated is if an Adolf Hitler type person was to make a stand against it. But it seems only France and the Netherlands are willing to show ANY resistance to the Islamic charge.