Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

Perhaps you need to consider the EU's greater vision for Europe. The whole idea is for a European superstate hence why the un-elected powers that be have happily spent the last 30 years deconstructing any national, historical and cultural differences between the member states. Faith is of course a major obstacle on their road to blandness ( as i say consider how 1500? years worth of Christianity is being eradicated from the main stream), It makes perfect sense to me that in time Isalm will follow the same path. Then again thats only what people want anyway isn't it?..clearly their is little interest in Christianity in the UK ( Europe) nowadays...:)

I could be wrong of course..so whats the answer?. Gas chambers?, ban Islam ?, deport all Muslims? stop all non Christian immigration to the EU?,?..that of course might be a bit difficult when Turkey joins the EU..70-80 million new Muslims given the right to settle in what ever country they chose:eek:.

The so called 'invasion' of Islam is actually pretty easy to explain. Christianity in Europe is on the decline while middle-eastern countries are developing themselves which means that their citizens have more possibilities to move over to Europe (which still has a huge advantage over the middle-east) and with that comes their faith as in the middle-east religion is still very strong.

So the Islam fills the gap Christianity is leaving behind. Only problem is that the remaining Christians don't accept that (and there are still plenty left) which means that both religions will face eachother, its no other than the Crusades during the Middle Ages, just in a different setting.

Religions are actually nothing else than a capitalist system, they want to expand and become big and they seek opportunity to do so.

Oh and please stop saying that the Dutch are brave enough to "make a stand", most people actually don't even care about it as we've been a very tolerant country for pretty much most of the time Holland existed. Like I said earlier it looks like a big problem because Geert Wilders is using it as main political campaign issue, but he's on the decline thankfully and people are recognizing that most of what he's saying is ridiculous.

You worry to much' date=' consider the ongoing marginalization of Christianity in Europe, i can't help but think Islam (like all faiths) will suffer the same fate. [/color']

History shows religion has ebbed and rose at various times throughout the world. I need clarification when we refer to the invasion of a religion are we talking about the carriers of the religion mass migrate into an alien land or are we talking about the mass changing of the house of worship and associated rituals of the current population which thus reduces the socioeconomic /political influence of the incumbent?

amc0578l.jpg

Note: 4th post of the day-will not bother to reply till tomorrow

History shows religion has ebbed and rose at various times throughout the world. I need clarification when we refer to the invasion of a religion are we talking about the carriers of the religion mass migrate into an alien land or are we talking about the mass changing of the house of worship and associated rituals of the current population which thus reduces the socioeconomic /political influence of the incumbent?

amc0578l.jpg

Note: 4th post of the day-will not bother to reply till tomorrow

Certainly the former I'd say' date=' i have seen nothing here or elsewhere to suggest people are concerned about the displacement of Christianity ( far from it infact) but moreover are worried about the influx of a foreign culture....good old fashion racism perhaps?[/color']

Certainly the former I'd say' date=' i have seen nothing here or elsewhere to suggest people are concerned about the displacement of Christianity ( far from it infact) but moreover are worried about the influx of a foreign culture....good old fashion racism perhaps?[/color']

pretty interesting that! Are you implying my friend that the fear of immigrants is being masked as an affront to religion?

this video just showing what is real war against terrorism,and why is it important war against terrorism,it means like they said we are fighting against air.........it could be anything and nothing.......and people are stupid to believe......like security agences cant prevent few terrorist anyway,,,,,,,its just masking real thing......neglecting freedom

Would you lose weight or stop smoking or drinking if you were paid to do it?

Lets imagine the government decides to adopt a measure of instead having you fill the hospitals later instead pay you (obviously stringent standards are set under the supervision of a GP) to lead a healthier lifestyle?

Would you lose weight or stop smoking or drinking if you were paid to do it?

Lets imagine the government decides to adopt a measure of instead having you fill the hospitals later instead pay you (obviously stringent standards are set under the supervision of a GP) to lead a healthier lifestyle?

On the opposite side of the coin, if you didn't need to lose weight or quit any addictions, would you feel happy seeing your taxes going to fat people for the sole reason of them being fat? I'm all for encouraging people to be healthier but there should be far fairer and more sustainable methods than paying people to do it.

On this Norwegian murderer, I'm not sure how people can defend his actions. Regardless of his cause he's taken the lives of many innocent people and he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars or have it prematurely terminated (though he'd probably prefer that).

On the opposite side of the coin' date=' if you didn't need to lose weight or quit any addictions, would you feel happy seeing your taxes going to fat people for the sole reason of them being fat? I'm all for encouraging people to be healthier but there should be far fairer and more sustainable methods than paying people to do it.

On this Norwegian murderer, I'm not sure how people can defend his actions. Regardless of his cause he's taken the lives of many innocent people and he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars or have it prematurely terminated (though he'd probably prefer that).[/quote']

I wouldn't be happy seeing my taxes go on things that were someones choice - obviously if someone was over weight because of a thyroid gland malfunction ect thats different. Alos why pressure people into giving up smoking or eating surely thats there choice and if they die young, so be it, they made the choice in the 1st place.

On the opposite side of the coin' date=' if you didn't need to lose weight or quit any addictions, would you feel happy seeing your taxes going to fat people for the sole reason of them being fat? I'm all for encouraging people to be healthier but there should be far fairer and more sustainable methods than paying people to do it.

.[/quote']

With Zero VAT on food ( hot pasties excepted), thats what currently happens with obese people, those lumps of lard cost the poor old NHS around 5 billion a year but contribute sod all. Compare that to the persecuted smokers 2 billion in VAT / cost to NHS..me ?, I'd stick 50% tax on all fast foods ( except kebabs ), fizzy drinks, sweets cakes etc and make the fatties pay for their gluttony B)

On this Norwegian murderer, I'm not sure how people can defend his actions. Regardless of his cause he's taken the lives of many innocent people and he deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars or have it prematurely terminated (though he'd probably prefer that).[/quote']

Well the economic argument is it's way cheaper to bribe a person into a proactive lifestyle than treating the numerous ailments that can arise. And do you really have a say on how your taxes are spent-I doubt it.

I am beginning to wonder if hes actually a caricatured representative of peoples fear of immigrants and of change.

I wouldn't be happy seeing my taxes go on things that were someones choice - obviously if someone was over weight because of a thyroid gland malfunction ect thats different. Alos why pressure people into giving up smoking or eating surely thats there choice and if they die young' date=' so be it, they made the choice in the 1st place.[/quote']

Well I guess the government of the people, by the people and from the people is determined to protect the people from the people.

With Zero VAT on food ( hot pasties excepted)' date=' thats what currently happens with obese people, those lumps of lard cost the poor old NHS around 5 billion a year but contribute sod all. Compare that to the persecuted smokers 2 billion in VAT / cost to NHS..me ?, I'd stick 50% tax on all fast foods ( except kebabs ), fizzy drinks, sweets cakes etc and make the fatties pay for their gluttony B)[/color']

Well they do pay taxes, and keep whole industries employed-food, clothing, diet pills and wonder drugs, gyms, health fads etc,.

Well that brings us to the new age of prohibition that your PM want's to usher in-is it true that a bottle of water is more expensive than beer on average?

The Alcohol industry claims that raising prices does not address the problem-best to target the alcoholics rather than the casual drinker.

Well that brings us to the new age of prohibition that your PM want's to usher in-is it true that a bottle of water is more expensive than beer on average?

The Alcohol industry claims that raising prices does not address the problem-best to target the alcoholics rather than the casual drinker.

The minimum unit price would work best because casual drinkers rarely look for the most cost effective way to get drunk.

Well they do pay taxes' date=' and keep whole industries employed-food, clothing, diet pills and wonder drugs, gyms, health fads etc,. [/quote']

Likewise as do smokers ( haulage, newsagents etc etc)..as a smoker i am all for taking a hit on taxes , it is after all my choice, as is those who stuff their fat faces with all sorts of rubbish. Bring in tax by BMI thats what i say :)

The minimum unit price would work best because casual drinkers rarely look for the most cost effective way to get drunk.

Personally i doubt very much that minimum pricing will have any effect on the problem..cheap imports ( from the bloody EU) and Labours catastrophic changes to the licensing laws is where the problem lies.

Making smoking illegal would work for me.

And also charge 200% taxes on fast food stuff.

Would mean a lot less fat people = less healthcare for them.

Would mean a lot less people with lung cancer and whatever you get from smoking = less healthcare for them.

Equals saving money :D :D :D

Problem solved, call me if you need any other problems solved! :o

Would mean a lot less people with lung cancer and whatever you get from smoking = less healthcare for them.

Problem solved' date=' call me if you need any other problems solved! :o[/quote']

depending what they will do with that money,if they will invest in new war campaigne its pointless

Likewise as do smokers ( haulage' date=' newsagents etc etc)..as a smoker i am all for taking a hit on taxes , it is after all my choice, as is those who stuff their fat faces with all sorts of rubbish. Bring in tax by BMI thats what i say :[/color'])

So now we want homogenity in terms of BMI? :P

Next you will want us to have the same height, look, smell, religion, culture, hair, blood type....:P

Personally i doubt very much that minimum pricing will have any effect on the problem..cheap imports ( from the bloody EU) and Labours catastrophic changes to the licensing laws is where the problem lies.

Prohibition! This is currently happening accross the American/Canadian border where cheaper beverages are shipped accross each way.

Problem solved' date=' call me if you need any other problems solved! :o[/quote']

On the assumption that this is serious:

It won't hard drugs are illegal ; in most of the right thinking world. have that solved the problem of drugs? 200% charges on food stuff will drive up inflation-meaning the money you saved would actually be real money lost.

Next time you try to buy hot pasties and you need to empty a trunkload of cash to get it....its the Rooster economic model :) Welcome to Somali land!

Everything leads to war and terror according to you

:rolleyes:

are u really so blind,do u know how much USA,Russia,China,both Koreas India,Iran,UK,France,and others countries spend on army,if they just use 30% of that budget for other things,they would eliminate poor people in theirs own countries,hommelles,would have money to prevent some disaseases etc....and would prevent big number of criminal acts,

are u really so blind' date='do u know how much USA,Russia,China,both Koreas India,Iran,UK,France,and others countries spend on army,if they just use 30% of that budget for other things,they would eliminate poor people in theirs own countries,hommelles,would have money to prevent some disaseases etc....and would prevent big number of criminal acts,[/quote']

So South Korea should ge rid of its military? Im sure that would work out great for them.

So South Korea should ge rid of its military? Im sure that would work out great for them.

didnt say get rid,but states are investing to much money anyway in armies,plus if they are fear of North K,USA would protect them anyway,so theirs army is rather pointless,when u have near such country as China,if there isnt USA involved,China would destroy both Koreas in few weeks......

didnt say get rid' date='but states are investing to much money anyway in armies,plus if they are fear of North K,USA would protect them anyway,so theirs army is rather pointless,when u have near such country as China,if there isnt USA involved,China would destroy both Koreas in few weeks......[/quote']

I'm sorry but if South Korea was to be attacked, USA would be unable to protect them either. As far as I know North Korea has the most advanced army in the world and the country is impenetrable. Thats why the military budget is so high for all the major countries. By far North Korea has the best army, China as far as I know has the biggest army (But as Russia taught us in WW2 that doesn't make them any good).