The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

More tension perhaps from the Muslim side but as it stands im guessing the vast majority of french nationals dont like the Burka and will be pleased that its gone.

The Burka is nothing but a religious tool of control to oppress its female followers. :mad:

and create tension within the community, regardless of the person underneath it. The fact is it will and does cause tension

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Politics Thread First of all R.I.P to the guy that died in Woolwich,if he was beheaded (can't watch the supposed video that exists) that's a horrible way to die and of course noone ever ever

Re: The Politics Thread Can't help but agree with the sentiments that the IRA, and Irish people and Catholics did NOT get the kind of demonisation that Islam gets today. And they were far more succes

Re: The Politics Thread You post up the article involving one case and arguing on that basis that NHS isn't great. So you are generalising as you are implying that is all they pay for all year long.

Your taking it out of context completely.

Do the clothes i wear oppress woman ? Do they cause sever social issues and do they cause a security threat.

No.

The Burka has become more common in other countries to' date=' including arabic countries.

The best option would be to empower the woman as previously suggested expect thats never going to happen.[/quote']

i know the clothes you wear don't.

yet if the person has a choice in arabic communities how does the burkha opress women ?

in arabic communities / events does it pose as a security threat ? .....yes. it probably does.

social issues at this event, no it dosnt.

i agree with what you are saying, i just think a total ban wouldnt work.

if people wore it only when in their communities in european places then fine.

within shops / tiny small corner shops in local areas it wouldnt be thaaaat much of a problem.

just trying to say that the burkha wont always opress people or cause problems, if people use it apprioately in europe it can stay.

if thats out of context again apologies.

is it really ?

i am indian but born in england. only speak english.

ive been to the maldives. and dubai.

if you do not conform to their way of like well' date=' im sure you know of the punishments.

alcohol or **** into the country ? prison.

wear normal western clothing in a market in oman or abu dhabi ?

hmm not a wise move. the fact is england is very tolerant actually.

my opinion is that ethnic minorities asking for too much create a problem of racism. eg asking for sharia law. no get out , if you dont like the laws of the land leave.

it provides ammunition to racist groups, if they didnt make ridiculous requests then they couldnt use the " taking over our country" argument.

so i disagree about a breach of human rights. i think england has taken a very respectful stance and is indeed significantly better then the rest of the world. here you say it is a human right, other countries you have far less rights.

what qualifies as rights and what qualifies as becoming so eager to accomodate rights that you get responses / problems as i detailed above is a very debateable topic.[/quote']

I can't put my views on the issue accross any clearer than this post

rooneyisyummy is spot on.

Also why should we bend our laws to suit non british citizens. As mentioned middle eastern countries don't so why should we.

My great auntie was telling me that at this rate, in 50 years time, I think it was, whites in britain will be the ethnic minority. Don't know if this is true, haven't looked into it.

I am in no way being racist...i am just stating my opinion and something should be done.

As I said I am not being racist. And I apologize if anyone finds my commets offensive.

Also why should we bend our laws to suit non british citizens. As mentioned middle eastern countries don't so why should we.

My great auntie was telling me that at this rate' date=' in 50 years time, I think it was, [b']whites in britain will be the ethnic minority[/b]. Don't know if this is true, haven't looked into it.

I am in no way being racist...i am just stating my opinion and something should be done.

As I said I am not being racist. And I apologize if anyone finds my commets offensive.

Thats unlikely because a lot of the non-white immigrants came over after the war - so there children and grand-children are British citizens

Also most of immigrants now are actually white ie Polish/Albanian ect

Surely there is a big difference between wanting the sharia law imposed in a state and having the freedom to wear what you want?

Big difference but were not really talking about Sharia Law it was a mere side topic.

As it serves no religious purpose and causes social issues i can understand why they want rid. I hate the things :mad:

My great auntie was telling me that at this rate' date=' in 50 years time, I think it was, whites in britain will be the ethnic minority. Don't know if this is true, haven't looked into it.

[b']As I said I am not being racist. [/b] And I apologize if anyone finds my commets offensive.

that isn't true. look at the stats, it is nowhere near true.

its like saying 6 months ago: at this rate we all die of bird flu and swine flu in the next 30 years.

people repeat facts given to them without seeking if it is true or not.

i know the clothes you wear don't.

yet if the person has a choice in arabic communities how does the burkha opress women ?

By taking away their right ( in many cases ) to chose what they wear. Forcing them to cover up 365 days of the year, no matter what weather.

Imaging living like that ?

Horrendous.

Have you not seen of muslim woman who speak out against the burka? its quite interesting if you can find a interview online. The majority of Muslims iv seen defending this tool of control have all been men.... wonder why :rolleyes:

I suppose there is some justification for the ban namely, a Burka wearing French woman ( arrested and fined) appeals to the European court of human rights claiming the arrest infringes her human rights. Her appeal is upheld and duly the ban is pronounced illegal and scrapped. Enraged by this latest interference in the law making process of their country, the average Frog demands Le Republique leaves the EU immediately and the chain of events that follows sees the Union Beast crumble before being confined to the history books...:)

Chaff your neck does it?

Well yeah it does Simon :o

i accept all religions and if i dont understand something i dont question the right for people to follow it.

But it serves no purpose... the Islamic holy book doesnt even mention it. Not to mention in the hundreds of years of Islam, only very recently has it emerged.

The fact it serves no religoug purpose coupled with its social implications hacks me off :o

Well yeah it does Simon :o

i accept all religions and if i dont understand something i dont question the right for people to follow it.

But it serves no purpose... the Islamic holy book doesnt even mention it. Not to mention in the hundreds of years of Islam' date=' only very recently has it emerged.

The fact it serves no religoug purpose coupled with its social implications hacks me off :o[/quote']

if miniskirts dont bother anyone why would burka,cause they cant see if its pritty girl or not,why people not waist time on theirs lifes instead trying to force others to be like them,its pure discrimination,nothing else,same as they did with chipsies

if miniskirts dont bother anyone why would burka' date='cause they cant see if its pritty girl or not,why people not waist time on theirs lifes instead trying to force others to be like them,its pure discrimination,nothing else,same as they did with chipsies[/quote']

Because mini skirts arent a form of oppression that force woman physically or through cultural acceptance to wear something that covers there whole body 365 days of the year.

Burkas have severe social implications listed and discussed below.

A mini skirt is a single piece of clothing. A Burka is all they wear ! Completely different and its not forcing people to dress like anyone or be like anyone.

Its merely saying... if you live in our country, you have to respect OUR values.

If you dont like it, leave.

Try reading the thread and making a logical argument instead of comparing two completely different things.

May i ask, are you a Muslim ?

By taking away their right ( in many cases ) to chose what they wear. Forcing them to cover up 365 days of the year' date=' no matter what weather.

Imaging living like that ?

Horrendous.

Have you not seen of muslim woman who speak out against the burka? its quite interesting if you can find a interview online. The majority of Muslims iv seen defending this tool of control have all been men.... wonder why :rolleyes:[/quote']

i know that opression does occur.

im saying in some cases people have said they wear it by choice.

the burkha dosnt always have to be a symbol of opression by men

if miniskirts dont bother anyone why would burka' date='cause they cant see if its pritty girl or not,why people not waist time on theirs lifes instead trying to force others to be like them,its pure discrimination,nothing else,same as they did with chipsies[/quote']

look at the reasons posted before in this thread.

thats why views are enforced.

they do it in arabic countries, so why not europe too ?

I agree and understand, i just think people who choose to wear it are in a tiny percentage.

@Cristianobalotelli

Actually Rooneyisyummy makes a good point.

In Arabic countries kissing in public or wearing Bikinis can result in severe punishment.

I agree and understand' date=' i just think people who choose to wear it are in a tiny percentage.

@Cristianobalotelli

Actually Rooneyisyummy makes a good point.

In Arabic countries kissing in public or wearing Bikinis can result in severe punishment.[/quote']

The kissing thing is if your unmarried I think - however thats there laws and its not up too the people in the West too dictate to Arab countries how they choose to rule there country

The kissing thing is if your unmarried I think - however thats there laws and its not up too the people in the West too dictate to Arab countries how they choose to rule there country

But no doubt they will be burning the french flag in arabic countries though !

I dont disagree, we shouldnt dictate how others rule their country, equally they shouldnt do it to us.

married or unmarried, its a scandalous rule , but one many abide by, and if they dont. They get punished.

Excellent point. One of the main reasons for the ban is the assumption that ALL women who wear it only do so as they are forced. What about the ones who wear it out of their own free choice?

Even if we could somehow prove that the majority of them wear it because their husband' date=' father or whoever says so then surely we should be focusing on protecting women's free choice to wear religious clothing rather than having an entire ban of it, considering the extremely low number of women who are affected by the ban.[/font']

So.....surely it's not up to the people in Arab countries to dictate how we in the West rule our countries' date=' no?[/quote']

I'v never said they should, but we have had a succsession of weak leaders in goverment that won't defend our way of life here as strongly as they defend there way of life in there countries. Which has created an inbalance

Excellent point. One of the main reasons for the ban is the assumption that ALL women who wear it only do so as they are forced. What about the ones who wear it out of their own free choice?

Even if we could somehow prove that the majority of them wear it because their husband' date=' father or whoever says so then surely we should be focusing on protecting women's free choice to wear religious clothing rather than having an entire ban of it, considering the extremely low number of women who are affected by the ban.[/font']

Your right there is no way to prove how many people chose to wear it or are forced.

But lets be logical and realistic here.

Considering its NOT in their holy book, has only recently emerged and will clearly be uncomfortable to wear.

Why would woman chose to wear it ??

Some may do yes, the majority are forced into it by their culture for fear of rejection and others are physically forced.

Listen to some of the interviews about woman who have turned their back on the Burka.

But no doubt they will be burning the french flag in arabic countries though !

I dont disagree' date=' we shouldnt dictate how others rule their country, equally they shouldnt do it to us.

married or unmarried, its a scandalous rule , but one many abide by, and if they dont. They get punished.[/quote']

Lol your just putting your Western values onto them - whos too say that rules scandalous - it sure aint up too us to make that judgement

Lol your just putting your Western values onto them - whos too say that rules scandalous - it sure aint up too us to make that judgement

Thats true but im not trying to change it as i accept its their culture and if we visit their, we have to abide by their rules and adapt to their culture. Regardless if i dont agree with it i dont force my opinion on them or go against their rules.

Expect they dont do that when they come to western countries do they.

EDIT: Them and Their is in reference to Islamic states.