Sign in to follow this  
Jack-THFC

PLAYSTATION Official Thread.

Welcome to the Official PLAYSTATION thread, here we can talk about;

- Experiences online, Funny/Weird/Problem etc..

- What games are worth buying.

- If your not sure what game to buy.

- PLAYSTATION Plus.

- Trophy help.

- Add eachother on PSN to give yourself a challenge with the Forumers.

- Anything to do with PLAYSTATION.

If you need help just ask......

Re: PLAYSTATION Official Thread.

I have a problem with my playstation 3. It's got a flashing red light. Is there any way to fix this? :)

If you are unable to turn off the PS3, then try turning off the plug and maybe it might just be an error in turning off the PS3.

The main problems with the PS3 seems to be with accumilated dust within the PS3 which can be sorted by opening up the PS3 and cleaning out, although it doesn't seem like it would be something caused by that.

No that's when the light goes yellow.

First it goes green for a second and tries to power up. Then it goes yellow for half a second, then it flashes red. Is there any way to get the disc out easily or do I have to dismantle it?

First it goes green for a second and tries to power up. Then it goes yellow for half a second' date=' then it flashes red. Is there any way to get the disc out easily or do I have to dismantle it?[/quote']

I'd take it to Game or something, if you try dismantle it and get it wrong then your left without a disc.

Is it an original PS3 or a PS3 slim as i've heard that PS3 slims can't really go wrong and the only associated problems are with discs.

It's the original 60 gig version. I've had it near 5 years, had one problem with it, and had it resolved. That was a software issue, cheap to fix, this problem is much worse, something has died inside it, and it's likely that it will need to be taken back by sony and refurbished. That ain't cheap.

I wouldn't mind if I was playing it hardcore, but I rarely use it much these days, other than to watch a few movies.