Lots of reasons why Albrighton may not rise higher than Götze...

... but I'm scared that it could still happen.

I was inspired to start this thread as I read a lot of predictions recently from many people who suggested quite a high rise, while the general concensus on Götze's rating is set below Albrighton's predicted rise.

I thought I would start off this thread with a selection of recently made predictions for both players.

First off, Albrighton:

...Marc Albringhton 75-84...
...ALBRIGHTON' date=' Marc - (21 yo, RM/Wing) 75 > 84/83 Aston Villa...
...Albrighton 84...
I personally think a +8 would be perfect for Albrighton...
...**Marc ALBRIGHTON [21' date= RM/Wing] - 75 ~ 83/84**...
...Albrighton will rise to around 83/84...
albrighton has played almost every game and has been one of the top if not the top attacking threat for villa this season so 83/84 should be in store for him...
...Albrighton will get a very healthy rise probably between 83-85...
I'm 100% sure he'll rise to at least to 87' date=' I'm a Wolves fan and dislike Villa but even I agree he is class...[/quote']
Albrightons first season' date=' 87 too high. 84/85 is more realistic...[/quote']
Albrighton won't rize to 87/88 absolutely no chance. 85/86 max
Albrighton should rise to 87/88
Albrighton (Aston Villa) 84/85
When the EPL is next reviewed he should hit the 84 mark imo ;-)
up to 84 is a defo.
...should rise to 84' date=' but if the changes aren't for a while an 85 is possible.[/quote']
he gonna be next ratings 85 for sure...
...85 isnt out of the question if the db changes are about january. should defo get 84 though like most players get.
...he deserves at least 86...
Albrighton will go upto about 84...
...+10 isn't out of the question if he keeps his form up...
he deserves at least a 83-85 rating...
...Also I personally believe Albrighton is 86/85
...I think in the first rating change he should increases to 85...

Now for Götze' date=' often made by the same people.

...**GOTZE, Mario** - (18 yo, AM/Wing) 75 > 83 Borussia Dortmund
Gotze - 75-83...
Mario GOTZE [/u]18 YRS 75->82
Gotze (Borussia) 84/85
...Rise to 83+ I think' date=' could go higher with how Dortmund are doing.[/quote']
He'll be 83/84 within 5 days mate.
...Mario GOTZE will rise too for sure..mayby 83/84...
You could also try Gotze from Dortmund' date=' great young player, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him hit 84 this time around[/quote']
probably 84 m8. :D
...Gotze (Borussia) 83...
Mario Gotze 75-80/81
GOTZE' date=' Mario 75 > 82+[/quote']
Mario Götze 75 -> 82-84

As you can clearly see' date=' the general concensus for Albrighton seems to be an 84 with a slight tendency upwards, and the occassional outlier going even higher than 86.

On the other hand, the majority of people don't see Götze going higher than 83, or 84, it's quite evenly balanced (with one prediction being significantly lower, I think we can just ignore it ;))[/b']

So, how come the predictions for Albrighton are set a little higher than those for Götze? To be honest, I couldn't really find a reason, in fact, the stats (as well as my own humble opinion) would actually speak for a (slightly) higher rise for Götze.

League games:

Albrighton:
11 games, 10 starts, subbed in once, subbed out 6 times, total of
~859 minutes

Götze:
13 games, 9 starts, subbed in 4 times, subbed out 5 times, total of
~827 minutes

As you can see, only a slight advantage for Albrighton here (partly due to the fact there were already 15 games in the EPL, 1 less in the Bundesliga, IMO not really enough reason for Albrighton to go higher than Götze. 1 point each.

Albrighton 1 - 1 Götze

Albrighton:
3 goals, 3 assists

Götze:
2 goals, 6 assists

1 goal more for Albrighton here, on the other hand, Götze has twice as many assists. Clear point for Götze here, however, I'll give him half a point for the one goal more, and because it's still an impressive performance for a youngster.

Albrighton 1.5 - 2 Götze

Cup games:

Albrighton:
1 game, 1 start, 1 red card

Götze:
2 games, 1 start, subbed in once, Dortmund out of the cup

Not very impressive for either of them, don't think any of that rewards a point. Still

Albrighton 1.5 - 2 Götze

Euro League games:

Albrighton:
2 games, 1 start, subbed in once, subbed out once, 1 assist, Aston Villa out before Group Stage

Götze:
5 games, 2 starts, subbed in 3 times, subbed out once, 2 goals, 1 assist, Borussia Dortmund still in Group Stage, but unlikely to get further

I'd say, advantage for Götze here again, especially since he basically single-handedly led Dortmund to the victory with his 2 goals against Lviv. Half a point for Götze here I think.

Albrighton 1.5 - 2.5 Götze

Club position:

Albrighton/Aston Villa:
Currently 15th in the EPL, but not too far away from an international place due to a tight league

Götze/Borussia Dortmund: Currently 1st, with a large gap separating them from the rest (7 points to 2nd placed Mainz)

If that isn't a clear point in Götze's favour, then I don't know...

Albrighton 1.5 - 3.5 Götze

Strength of the league:

Without a doubt, the EPL is still ahead of the Bundesliga, half a point for Albrighton since I'm feeling generous.

Albrighton 2 - 3.5 Götze

International career:
(not entirely sure of the accuracy of my sources here, but it shouldn't make too much of a difference)

Albrighton:
2 games for the U20, 3 games for the U21, 1 goal

Götze:
25 games for German youth teams, including 2 games for the U21 at the age of 18, 8 goals (1 against England in a 4-0 victory btw
;)
), 4 assists, U17 Euros champion,
1 senior cap
in a friendly

Really need an explanation here?

Albrighton 2 - 4.5 Götze

Individual awards:

Albrighton:
Peace Cup Bronze Ball: 2009

Götze:
Part of the U17 Euros Dream Team, twice winner of the Golden 'Fritz-Walter-Medal', the most prestigious award available for German youth players, former winners include Kroos, Marin, the Benders, Neuer, Höwedes, the Boatengs

Albrighton 2 - 5.5 Götze

And who again should get the higher rise?

Re: Lots of reasons why Albrighton may not rise higher than Götze...

i think its stupid that a player as good as gotze will only rise to about 84' date=' if his rating was say 88 people would still be calling for him to rise i think soccer managers rating system to do it gradually is stupid.[/quote']

agree completely

also agree with Phil, although I don't think Albrighton should rise to lower than 84, just that Gotze should be over 85

It actually good.

The gradually thing is good. say a player has one good season. they shouldnt be based upon just that. they have to show it for several seasons.

Ozil is playing great, but he shouldnt hop to 95 in one go, if you get my flow.

It actually good.

The gradually thing is good. say a player has one good season. they shouldnt be based upon just that. they have to show it for several seasons.

Ozil is playing great' date=' but he shouldnt hop to 95 in one go, if you get my flow.[/quote']

Why not?

They can just decrease the player back down if next season he's not as good?

Especially now that they are doing 3 reviews per season, just means that they can change ratings to current form each time, a player has a brilliant start to the season (ie Gotze), he can get an 88, he all of a sudden falls out of favour and is relegated to the bench, 3-4 months later he drops back down to low 80's. I really don't see any valid reason for conservative ratings particularly before players hit 90, just give players what they deserve, don't be cautious in rising or dropping, because they can regain/lose that rating a few months later anyway!

No I'm not saying Ozil should be 95, but to be honest he's better than several 92/93s who do deserve their rating.

good had to head threat my friend! great statistics and good effort. I have both players im my youth team. I think they are equal to each other or gotze have a slit advantage. But it is stupid if he rise only to 83 or 84. You have to consider as u said that he is playing for a team that is first in the Bundasliga.

IMO gotze->85

albrighton->85 :)

It actually good.

Ozil is playing great' date=' but he shouldnt hop to 95 in one go, if you get my flow.[/quote']

Indeed, rating system is good as it is.

Why not?

They can just decrease the player back down if next season he's not as good?

Especially now that they are doing 3 reviews per season' date=' just means that they can change ratings to current form each time, a player has a brilliant start to the season (ie Gotze), he can get an 88, he all of a sudden falls out of favour and is relegated to the bench, 3-4 months later he drops back down to low 80's. I really don't see any valid reason for conservative ratings particularly before players hit 90, just give players what they deserve, don't be cautious in rising or dropping, because they can regain/lose that rating a few months later anyway!

No I'm not saying Ozil should be 95, but to be honest he's better than several 92/93s who do deserve their rating.[/quote']

Because then you'll get massive fluctuations. Start of the season a players is 88 then mid season he's 92 and then in the end he's 89, thats just stupid.

Look at Contento i.e., based on your logic he should have a 88/89 at the end of last season. Now he doesn't really play due to several reasons and he should be dropped back to 85 than? You cant build a team like that in SM, not a reliable one at least.

A player has to really earn his rating, meaning he has to play good and consistent. Not just a couple of games.

Loving this thread' date=' you should do more off these! :D[/quote']

Oh dear, you shouldn't have said this. I can see him making a thread now why Rooney should be rated 7 points higher than Barrios :D

In fact, I also like this thread - especially how Phil structured it - and fully agree with it.

I enjoyed reading it, very well constructed, but I think a clear point for Albrighton is the league co-efficients. SM take that hugely into account (they were especially harsh on the Russian league last change because of it). For Gotze, taking the ball past Tzavellas is not as hard as Albrighton taking the ball past Ashley Cole, also Gotze is only 18 and so he has more time to reach higher ratings.

I think when all things settle (2-3 years) Gotze will be rated higher than Albrighton, but right now I wouldn't be shocked if Albrighton hits equal or higher than Gotze.

If you want a lot of reactions you should do one Muller vs Bale.

A lot of donks are saying now that Muller got a +3, Bale should too. I disagree, the stats speak for them self. But there are plenty who think otherwise! :confused:

It's an easy one, but if you want discussion you'll certainly get it. :D

Because then you'll get massive fluctuations. Start of the season a players is 88 then mid season he's 92 and then in the end he's 89' date=' thats just stupid.[/quote']

Well not massive fluctuations everywhere, just where it is deserved, I can assume you are talking about Gareth Bale, that is the only example where I can see an 88 to a 92 being realistically awarded, and he would be the only one at the moment. Thing is, at the end of the season going back to an 89? Wouldnt happen because Bale's form shouldnt drop to that level, but hey if it does, why the hell not? SM should reflect current real life form, rather than constantly 'catching up' with gradual rating increases.

I can appreciate once you get into 90+ being slightly gradual, and requiring things like CL and WC form, but people like Bale Ozil and Wilshere are all performing well above they're rating, and even after their rise, will still be better players than many rated equal/above them. They should be rated on how good they are at the time, there is no need for gradual increases since you can take ratings away from those players in a matter of months anyway if the rating is no longer accurate.

Look at Contento i.e.' date=' based on your logic he should have a 88/89 at the end of last season. Now he doesn't really play due to several reasons and he should be dropped back to 85 than? You cant build a team like that in SM, not a reliable one at least.[/quote']

Well to be honest mate, real life managers have to deal with form slumps/booms of players as well. A player's ability/form can easily fluctuate over the course of a season, as well as over different seasons as a whole. I don't accept that you can't build an SM team like that, as real managers also have to deal with players being better or worse over the course of a season. Not to mention this would further favour the managers who do keep tabs on real football, which is in my opinion something that should be rewarded in SM.

Removing conservativeness would merely be accurately reflecting form/ability of players into the game in a more up to date sense, rather than just slowly doing so.

A player has to really earn his rating' date=' meaning he has to play good and consistent. Not just a couple of games.[/quote']

A couple of games...

3-4 months plus possible internationals is hardly a couple of games, it is a length of time which gives a very accurate indicator of a players current ability, and as I keep reiterating, you can just reverse the changes back a few months later! so what is the harm?. I understand that once you get past 90's, you need to consider many factors, and then into the 94+ region you need to be very careful with how you change players, but I mean when a player emerges as a brilliant young star and is showing the ability of an 88+ player, as well as outperforming players who are 88+, why shouldn't he rise closer to his actual ability? Gotze probably shouldnt get 75-88, but at least 86 just on the fact that he plays like an 88+ player.

Well not massive fluctuations everywhere' date=' just where it is deserved, I can assume you are talking about Gareth Bale, that is the only example where I can see an 88 to a 92 being realistically awarded, and he would be the only one at the moment. Thing is, at the end of the season going back to an 89? Wouldnt happen because Bale's form shouldnt drop to that level, but hey if it does, why the hell not? SM should reflect current real life form, rather than constantly 'catching up' with gradual rating increases.

I can appreciate once you get into 90+ being slightly gradual, and requiring things like CL and WC form, but people like Bale Ozil and Wilshere are all performing well above they're rating, and even after their rise, will still be better players than many rated equal/above them. They should be rated on how good they are at the time, there is no need for gradual increases since you can take ratings away from those players in a matter of months anyway if the rating is no longer accurate.[/quote']

Wasn't talking about Bale at all. No player came to mind.

What i'm saying is this. A player, 17 yrs old rated 75. Gets a chance at Arsenal. First 1-2 months he plays instead of let's say Fabregas. He plays like a superstar and gets a rise to 90+, because thats how he's playing so with your logis that's possible. Now Cesc comes back and he gets benched and only playes last 20min of each game and doesnt live up to early season expectations. So now SM drop him to 87, now Fabregas gets sold in the summer and he gets the starting job again and plays amazing again so they rise him to 93 or whatever high rating again. So he'll go from 75>90+>87>93 in 1 year.

This is an extreme example but a lot of similar things will happen but not this huge. Not only is this annoying for SM users, memberships will decrease, but also the Econemy's in GW's will get very unrealistic. Player will go from 250K To 10mil to 4mil to 19mil.. that's a lot of cashflow generated by one player only, very unrealistic.

Well to be honest mate' date=' real life managers have to deal with form slumps/booms of players as well. A player's ability/form can easily fluctuate over the course of a season, as well as over different seasons as a whole. I don't accept that you can't build an SM team like that, as real managers also have to deal with players being better or worse over the course of a season. Not to mention this would further favour the managers who do keep tabs on real football, which is in my opinion something that should be rewarded in SM.

[/quote']

This is a good point. I like the aspect of slumps but if that is included in SM so many other things should have to be included which I think is to expensive for SM.

Also I watch a lot of football and I already have an advantage over managers who don't. Your ideas will only make it less interesting for ppl playing it just for fun.

The things you are suggesting will change the whole dynamic of the game and a lot of people will lose interest.

What i'm saying is this. A player' date=' 17 yrs old rated 75. Gets a chance at Arsenal. First 1-2 months he plays instead of let's say Fabregas. He plays like a superstar and gets a rise to 90+, because thats how he's playing so with your logis that's possible. Now Cesc comes back and he gets benched and only playes last 20min of each game and doesnt live up to early season expectations. So now SM drop him to 87, now Fabregas gets sold in the summer and he gets the starting job again and plays amazing again so they rise him to 93 or whatever high rating again. So he'll go from 75>90+>87>93 in 1 year.

This is an extreme example but a lot of similar things will happen but not this huge. Not only is this annoying for SM users, memberships will decrease, but also the Econemy's in GW's will get very unrealistic. Player will go from 250K To 10mil to 4mil to 19mil.. that's a lot of cashflow generated by one player only, very unrealistic.[/quote']

I see your point but I don't have time to go into much detail, however... I will say - Cristiano Ronaldo.

how much did Manchester United pay for him? relatively very little compared to the 80million they sold him for.

'that's a lot of cashflow generated by one player only, very unrealistic'

What i'm saying is this. A player' date=' 17 yrs old rated 75. Gets a chance at Arsenal. First 1-2 months he plays instead of let's say Fabregas. He plays like a superstar and gets a rise to 90+, because thats how he's playing so with your logis that's possible. Now Cesc comes back and he gets benched and only playes last 20min of each game and doesnt live up to early season expectations. So now SM drop him to 87, now Fabregas gets sold in the summer and he gets the starting job again and plays amazing again so they rise him to 93 or whatever high rating again. So he'll go from 75>90+>87>93 in 1 year.

This is an extreme example but a lot of similar things will happen but not this huge. Not only is this annoying for SM users, memberships will decrease, but also the Econemy's in GM will get very unrealistic. Player will go from 250K To 10mil to 4mil to 19mil.. that's a lot of cashflow generated by one player only, very unrealistic.

[/quote']

A few things wrong with your hypothetical. What I'll firstly say is, I'm not saying a player should go from 75 to 90+ in one hit, if they are playing like a superstar maybe 88-90 at the very most.

But on your example: If a player is actually playing well enough that he is worth 90+, and better than all other 90's there is no chance that Fabregas walks back into the team and he is relegated to the bench, if someone was actually that good they would merely change positions not stop playing. No there will not be similar things occuring, there will only be much smaller examples of this, and in these events, a player going from 75-88-83-89 is perfectly reasonable, as it reflects their current form and ability.

The thing is this would rarely have to occur as players would rarely drop so much in form after justifying a rise from 75 to high 80's. How is a changing economy unrealistic, a year ago Bale would have been a 5-10mil Spurs reject, now it'll take at least 30mil maybe even 45 to actually buy him. Bale is an extreme example, but there would only be a select few extreme examples should proper rating changes be implemented in the game, therefore not unrealistic as a whole.

This is a good point. I like the aspect of slumps but if that is included in SM so many other things should have to be included which I think is to expensive for SM.

Also I watch a lot of football and I already have an advantage over managers who don't. Your ideas will only make it less interesting for ppl playing it just for fun.

The things you are suggesting will change the whole dynamic of the game and a lot of people will lose interest.

:confused:

Why would a faster changing rating system make SM less interesting, it would make managers far more alert to current form, and far more active and interested in the transfer market. And to be honest I get fairly excited before rating changes (I would assume most others do as well), especially when I see my own knowledge/research pay off in a rating increase/decrease, rating changes reflecting real ability would in fact make SM more exciting, as people are that much more desperate to find that in form young star, as well as ditching that player well past his prime.

And no it is not too expensive for SM, they already do rating changes, they just need to do them differently.

I mean Pedro has been playing like a 93/94 for 2 seasons or so now, yet he is still only 90 and predictions suggest a 91 soon. He is another extreme example, I mean he was rated I think 83, while playing like a 93, and yet he only managed an 88? CL football and everything. This is the issue I have, too many players are not being reflected according to real life form and this has to be addressed.

I see your point but I don't have time to go into much detail' date=' however... I will say - Cristiano Ronaldo.

how much did Manchester United pay for him? relatively very little compared to the 80million they sold him for.

'that's a lot of cashflow generated by one player only, very unrealistic'[/quote']

I see you didnt have time to read everything. ;)

Dude is talking about that in 1 season.

CR7 built his worth up over several years, now didnt he.

If I where you i'd read everything before trying to make a smart comment. :)

Great thread Phil :) Completely agree.

Also agree with Barry. Now that SM are rating the big leagues 3 times a season (stupid stupid decision :mad:) there should be much more scope for form based ratings as reviewing so often would be pointless if they're just going to hark back to a player's past form (exactly why Rooney should drop). However, rising these guys to the rating they're playing at would be ridiculous. Sure, real-life managers have to work with their players going through different runs of form but they don't have to buy/sell them because of it. SAF isn't looking to sell Rooney and bring in Ibrahimovic because the Swede is doing far better at the minute :P I agree with fluctuations of say 1 or 2 rating points but players should still rise gradually to the level they should be rated at. Rising them by 10 or more then dropping by 5 and finally rising by 3 would ruin the transfer market as smart people could make millions from a single player.

A few things wrong with your hypothetical. I'm not saying a player should go from 75 to 90+ in one hit' date=' if they are playing like a superstar maybe 88-90 at the very most. If a player is actually playing well enough to say he is worth 90+, and better than all other 90's there is no chance that Fabregas walks back into the team and he is relegated to the bench, if someone was actually that good they would merely change positions not stop playing. No there will not be similar things occuring, there will only be much smaller examples of this, and in these events, a player going from 75-88-83-89 is perfectly reasonable, as it reflects their current form and ability, thing is this would rarely have to occur as players would rarely drop so much in form after justifying a rise from 75 to high 80's. How is a changing economy unrealistic, a year ago Bale would have been a 5-10mil Spurs reject, now it'll take at least 30mil maybe even 45 to actually buy him. Bale is an extreme example, but there would only be a select few extreme examples should proper rating changes be implemented in the game, therefore not unrealistic as a whole.

:confused:

Why would a faster changing rating system make SM less interesting, it would make managers far more alert to current form, and far more active and interested in the transfer market. And to be honest I get fairly excited before rating changes (I would assume most others do as well), especially when I see my own knowledge/research pay off in a rating increase/decrease, rating changes reflecting real ability would in fact make SM more exciting, as people are that much more desperate to find that in form young star, as well as ditching that player well past his prime.

I mean Pedro has been playing like a 93/94 for 2 seasons or so now, yet he is still only 90 and predictions suggest a 91 soon. He is another extreme example, I mean he was rated I think 83, while playing like a 93, and yet he only managed an 88? CL football and everything. This is the issue I have, too many players are not being reflected according to real life form and this has to be addressed.[/quote']

Right he went up from 10 to 30+ in one season. It's not even extreme, it happens all the time. But going from 10 to 30+ back 8-12 back to 25+ doesnt happen all the time in 1 season and it will with your ideas.

So SM managers who watch a lot of football are able to create great ammounts of money this way, which will awnser your next question/statement, players who don't watch a lot of football aren't able to get those amounts of cash. So the managers who watch a lot of football will be buying all the highrated players for huge amounts because there is a lot of cash availble and the others won't be able to compete because they're in the league just for fun.

It will attracked specific type of managers who are more alert as you say, so the target group will decrease which will decrease real cash income for SM. The majority of the players arent heavy involved with buying young players selling them etc etc. I think that's just around 20-30% of the players who are in to that. I also get excited before rating changes especialy to see if I made good buys and selling the players I bought to generate income.

I think personally think your ideas have some interesting aspects to it like the ''slumps'' and the rating system isnt a half bad idea but like I said it will change the dynamic of the game and a lot of other things need to be added to make that interesting + for the fact that it will only be fun for the really active players, so from a SM point of view its not interesting.

Great thread Phil :) Completely agree.

Also agree with Barry. Now that SM are rating the big leagues 3 times a season (stupid stupid decision :mad:) there should be much more scope for form based ratings as reviewing so often would be pointless if they're just going to hark back to a player's past form (exactly why Rooney should drop). However' date=' rising these guys to the rating they're playing at would be ridiculous. Sure, real-life managers have to work with their players going through different runs of form but they don't have to buy/sell them because of it. SAF isn't looking to sell Rooney and bring in Ibrahimovic because the Swede is doing far better at the minute :P I agree with fluctuations of say 1 or 2 rating points but players should still rise gradually to the level they should be rated at. Rising them by 10 or more then dropping by 5 and finally rising by 3 would ruin the transfer market as smart people could make millions from a single player.[/quote']

Agree, exactly what I mean.

Right he went up from 10 to 30+ in one season. It's not even extreme' date=' it happens all the time. But going from 10 to 30+ back 8-12 back to 25+ doesnt happen all the time in 1 season and it will with your ideas. [/quote']

No not really, at least not very often at all, because players who rise from 10mil to 30mil are hardly ever actually gonna drop back down to 10.

So SM managers who watch a lot of football are able to create great ammounts of money this way' date=' which will awnser your next question/statement, players who don't watch a lot of football aren't able to get those amounts of cash. So the managers who watch a lot of football will be buying all the highrated players for huge amounts because there is a lot of cash availble and the others won't be able to compete because they're in the league just for fun.

It will attracked specific type of managers who are more alert as you say, so the target group will decrease which will decrease real cash income for SM. The majority of the players arent heavy involved with buying young players selling them etc etc. I think that's just around 20-30% of the players who are in to that. I also get excited before rating changes especialy to see if I made good buys and selling the players I bought to generate income.

I think personally think your ideas have some interesting aspects to it like the ''slumps'' and the rating system isnt a half bad idea but like I said it will change the dynamic of the game and a lot of other things need to be added to make that interesting + for the fact that it will only be fun for the really active players, so from a SM point of view its not interesting.[/quote']

It won't deter any interest from other players, the changes themselves are never going to be unreasonable, players are just getting what they deserve. There aren't goign to be endless examples of players playing well above their rating, and even in those situations it's not like picking them up makes you heads and shoulders better than the rest of your setup unless you are the sole active manager in a setup and you have endless cash. All it would do is encourage more transfer activity, anyone who is actually joining an online football game has enough interest in the sport to follow players/leagues/teams. All this does is encourage them to be more actively involved in the game, players who don't do that are at a disadvantage but if they are too lazy to watch football do you really think they will feel that hard-done-by if all the changes are accurate and they made no effort to buy rising players? They aren't going to stop playing the game on that basis, merely get more interested in reviewing, or join less competitive setups.

Also agree with Barry. Now that SM are rating the big leagues 3 times a season (stupid stupid decision :mad:) there should be much more scope for form based ratings as reviewing so often would be pointless if they're just going to hark back to a player's past form (exactly why Rooney should drop). However' date=' rising these guys to the rating they're playing at would be ridiculous. Sure, real-life managers have to work with their players going through different runs of form but they don't have to buy/sell them because of it. SAF isn't looking to sell Rooney and bring in Ibrahimovic because the Swede is doing far better at the minute :P I agree with fluctuations of say 1 or 2 rating points but players should still rise gradually to the level they should be rated at. Rising them by 10 or more then dropping by 5 and finally rising by 3 would ruin the transfer market as smart people could make millions from a single player.[/quote']

Fair point on SAF I will give you that, but there are other reasons like age, loyalty and Rooney's history with the club that is keeping him there. Say an independent club like Bayern could choose between the two, if Ibra and Rooney where the same age, and both had no history with the club, they would undoubtedly go Ibra because he is the better player at the moment. So form should reflect the transfer market.

How would accurately reflecting player ratings ruin the transfer market?? Managers will want the latest talent/risers and want ditch their droppers, is that really ruining the market? Pretty sure that's the point of SM at the moment, only things are far more gradual for no good reason. There would hardly be that many players that create 10's of millions in profit for a manager, just a select few e.g Bale, Pedro, Ozil etc. most other changes would be less extreme, and yet still reflect actual ability. The manager that actively researches and watches football will be rewarded with good profits, but not to this extreme level that you are making out since there aren't that many players that would have these huge profits.