Sign in to follow this  
jut11

Englands wonderkid - Jack Jebb

Re: Englands wonderkid

I guess it's a bit of a joke to say Fabregas was trained by Arsenal' date=' after all clearly he was born special, all you had to do was play him.

Maybe you should read this article below about 'Which club's academy produces the most players that are good enough to become senior players at any Premier League club'. Pretty straight forward evidence as to which club has the best academy.

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2010/09/manchester-uniteds-youth-system-is-the-best-in-the-premier-league.html

And @ Nikidinho - "The only problem, my dear friend, is that the Arsenal players you listed are better than the Man Utd players". Don't embarrass yourself.

Nikidinho is right. If you went to spain and aked anyone who "Gary Neville" is or who "Luis Anderson" was they would be dumbfounded. Whereas most of the players at Arsenal eg... Fabregas, Bendtner, Nasri, Walcott, Sagna are known outside of Britain

Nikidinho is right. If you went to spain and aked anyone who "Gary Neville" is or who "Luis Anderson" was they would be dumbfounded. Whereas most of the players at Arsenal eg... Fabregas' date=' Bendtner, Nasri, Walcott, Sagna are known outside of Britain[/quote']

What awful logic, but I guess this is a result of the xfactor generation. It's not a popularity contest, being more well known doesn't mean your a better player. Paul Scholes (for some reason left out of the list of united academy players) for example may not be as well known in Spain as Robinho, but I'm fairly sure he's a better player.

Also why Spain why not Brazil, I'm sure more people have heard to Luis Anderson there than Walcott for instance. And also interesting you went for the less fashionable names to suit your agrument. Heck lets play our trump card here, I'm sure the most well known player in the world came from United's academy...If only I could remember his name.

I guess it's a bit of a joke to say Fabregas was trained by Arsenal' date=' after all clearly he was born special, all you had to do was play him.

Maybe you should read this article below about 'Which club's academy produces the most players that are good enough to become senior players at any Premier League club'. Pretty straight forward evidence as to which club has the best academy.

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2010/09/manchester-uniteds-youth-system-is-the-best-in-the-premier-league.html

And @ Nikidinho - "The only problem, my dear friend, is that the Arsenal players you listed are better than the Man Utd players". Don't embarrass yourself.

Really you are going to paste some artical on why Man United has the best academy. All of thoses players that didnt play for Man United are second rate rejects. If United does have the so called best academy, Ferguson wouldnt need to spend 10m on Smalling, 7m on hernandez and 7 mill on Bebe.

Guest Villa888

Nikidinho is right. If you went to spain and aked anyone who "Gary Neville" is or who "Luis Anderson" was they would be dumbfounded. Whereas most of the players at Arsenal eg... Fabregas' date=' Bendtner, Nasri, Walcott, Sagna are known outside of Britain[/quote']

That is because they were already top quality youth just looking for a big team. They would have made it big anywhere they went.

And @ Nikidinho - "The only problem, my dear friend, is that the Arsenal players you listed are better than the Man Utd players". Don't embarrass yourself.[/quote']

Right, so he could play at 18 how he can play at 23? Sure :rolleyes:

They don't need to develop any further. If you're born "special" then you don't need to train yourself, you don't need to work at all. Just stand on the pitch and control the ball with your mind.

And to the second part, are you saying that a guy who needs crutches to get by is faster than Walcott? Why would you be naming players like giggs and scholes unless your grasping at straws?

Why don't you name some players that have really made it who YOU have trained? Anderson is a failure, don't even mention him. The best I can give you is Ronaldo.. who else?

If you really did train your own players then you wouldn't need to spend 30 million on a failure of a striker. You wouldn't need to buy a 22 year old mexican. And surely, surely you wouldn't be desperate enough to have to buy a Portuguese player for 7 mil on the whim of one of your ex staff.

That is because they were already top quality youth just looking for a big team. They would have made it big anywhere they went.

No, every player needs training and experience. They need to learn certain techniques in order to better improve their play and they need experience from the older players. Arsenal can provide all of that.

Really you are going to paste some artical on why Man United has the best academy. All of thoses players that didnt play for Man United are second rate rejects. If United does have the so called best academy' date=' Ferguson wouldnt need to spend 10m on Smalling, 7m on hernandez and 7 mill on Bebe.[/quote']

Yes I really am posting a link showing a list of 'second rate rejects' as you term them, though several have international caps for England.

The purpose of academy football isn't just to produce world class stars for the first team, something United academy have done rather quite well though. It's about getting the best footballing education for the players coming though, not everyone is going to make the grade but a good academy will do it's best to ensure that even those less talented can still have a good career in football, whether that still be in the premier league like Shawcross, Richardson etc or lower down the professional leagues.

Not to mention that we received a decent amount of money for those 'rejects', 5.5 million for Richardson and 2 million for Shawcross, which I guess covers the cost of buying someone like Hernandez.

Guest Villa888

No' date=' every player needs training and experience. They need to learn certain techniques in order to better improve their play and they need experience from the older players. Arsenal can provide all of that.[/quote']

Uhm, yes? You can learn that anywhere.... Any club could teach players certain techniques, but the big clubs buy the players, yes, buy, not develop, buy the players (like Arsenal and United) that have learned them. Arsenal alone aren't the only team that can teach them. Any academy can do it.

And as I say that, they now want to poach more players from Barcelona, the Alcantara brothers.

Guest Villa888

Im using wikipedia for how much players cost. It says walcott was only £9.1 while Anderson was €30 million and Nani was €25.5. My point is if you look at how much money Man Utd spent its way more then Arsenals. To say they are trained by United is a bit of a joke. Ronaldo was born special all they had to do was play him.:) Arsenal has the better academy.

Uhm... Wikipedia's extremely off then as they each cost about half of what is posted there.

Guest Villa888

I mean, would Wilshere or Ramsey be any worse if they were at another club? Definitely not. First of all because they would only be at another big club so there's no point. Secondly... If Lukaku stays in Belgium his whole life, you don't think he couldn't do any better then what he could do at a "big club". Face it, small clubs develop the players, big clubs make the money and make them look good.

Uhm' date=' yes? You can learn that anywhere.... Any club could teach players certain techniques, but the big clubs buy the players, yes, buy, not develop, buy the players (like Arsenal and United) that have learned them. Arsenal alone aren't the only team that can teach them. Any academy can do it.

And as I say that, they now want to poach more players from Barcelona, the Alcantara brothers.[/quote']

I disagree, the smaller teams do not have the facilities and technology the bigger teams have. They also don't have the experience of the big players that the bigger teams have.

This is why someone from say, India will never have an as good footballing education than someone from a club like Arsenal.

And we aren't exactly poaching them. We are offering them more first team opportunities than Barcelona. If Barca can't do that then it's not our fault.

Not to mention that we received a decent amount of money for those 'rejects', 5.5 million for Richardson and 2 million for Shawcross, which I guess covers the cost of buying someone like Hernandez.

Ever bought someone for 150K and then sold them for 15 mil?

Ever bought someone for 150K and then sold them for 15 mil?

Ever bought someone for 12.1 million and then sold them for 80 million?

Not be mention all the tropies they helped your club win as well get getting world player of the year.

I think 'pwnd' is the internet parlance

:P

Not be mention all the tropies they helped your club win as well get getting world player of the year.

You make United fans look like completely donkeys.

I actually like United and the way they operate.

Arsenal's model is very good as well.

The two just emphasize different things, nothing wrong with that

lol, not really. You did that for just one player. But we do it every year.

Sorry, your argument has just collapsed ;)

lol' date=' not really. You did that for just one player. But we do it every year.

Sorry, your argument has just collapsed ;)[/quote']

Really......Really?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html

According to this in the last 10 years Arsenal have sold about 60 million's worth of players that you could classify as coming from your youth set up (say at the club by 18).

United have sold about 148 million's worth of players in that same time, and I'm not even counting the 12 we got for Mikel.

Looks like my argument just made a Lazarus like comeback. Anyway I'm going to bed, I'll let you digest those facts and figures.

Really......Really?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/arsenal-transfers.html

According to this in the last 10 years Arsenal have sold about 60 million's worth of players that you could classify as coming from your youth set up (say at the club by 18).

United have sold about 148 million's worth of players in that same time' date=' and I'm not even counting the 12 we got for Mikel.

Looks like my argument just made a Lazarus like comeback. Anyway I'm going to bed, I'll let you digest those facts and figures.[/quote']

Don't run away so fast.

Have you counted the actual profit our clubs have made from the sales?

And why don't you count players up to the age of 21?

Saw this mad crazy footballer called Jack Jebb (Arsenals youth side) at home park against Plymouth youth team. Absolute quality...lets hope wenger doesnt mess up with another English talent

jack jebb is my friend LOL, he has got promoted to the reserves. I could get more info off of him if you would like?