SM totally anti Liverpool????

stones

Re: SM totally anti Liverpool????

Well' date=' what's your point then? I'm arguing that he should have gone down too.

My point that he will go down again is because I think Liverpool will finish about 9th this year, with Gerrard continuing to perform below par.[/quote']

My point is i dont thnk he should go down to 93 next time, which you do think he will

lets be realistic, there wasnt 1 player from liverpool who dropped that didnt deserve it, if anything, soccer manager are being kind to liverpool by only dropping players such as joe cole and carragher by one and not dropping glen johnson at all.

as for gerrard. i will admit he was a world class player 3 or 4 years ago, but the last 2 seasons he has been average at best, 94 is too kind and i would be extremely surprised if he doesnt drop again to 93 in the next eating changes.

lets be realistic' date=' there wasnt 1 player from liverpool who dropped that didnt deserve it, if anything, soccer manager are being kind to liverpool by only dropping players such as joe cole and carragher by one and not dropping glen johnson at all.

as for gerrard. i will admit he was a world class player 3 or 4 years ago, but the last 2 seasons he has been average at best, 94 is too kind and i would be extremely surprised if he doesnt drop again to 93 in the next eating changes.[/quote']

So true this post, and Johnson deserved a drop to be honest as he is a terrible excuse for a player and couldn't defend to save his club's declining status

If Gerrard's as bad as half of you are making out, then the rest of the England team must be taking "awful" to a new level. Lets not forget Gerrard's been awarded man of the match in 3 out of the 5 International games this season. He was also the ONLY half decent performer for England at the World Cup.

This thread has made me LOL a lot tbh. Nearly every post from a manu fan has had some sort of cheap shot at the scouse. Personally, it doesn't bother me or many other LFC fanatics for that matter. We're proud to be scouse. Just as I'm sure you Man Utd fans are proud to be Cockney, Brummie, Geordie, European, Asain, African, American, etc.

And lets not forget manu fans, it'll be your scouse saviour who's rating will drop tomorrow :)

Also, please can everyone refrain from using inappropriate language or profanities. I don't want to have to hand out any more infractions or warnings.

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Please can everyone be amicable as we shouldn't have to go through a thread editing and removing posts?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Respuesta: SM totally anti Liverpool????

Just to add something' date=' Kaká played way better than Gerard in the WC and he did it while been injured. Yes, pherhaps it is too much for Kaká to keep his 97, pherhaps a -1 drop is on its way but no more than that.[/quote']

NONSENSE! Kaka,s been injured and out of form for at least 18 months and was ordinary in an ordinary Brazilian team at the WC and did nothing last season at Madrid,the guys been begging for a drop for ages and must be 95 or lower bearing in mind Iniestas a 96.This latest drop was a bit harsh on Stevie.G i would have expected SM to have given him a chance to regain his best form he,s a class player and deserved a chance!

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: SM totally anti Liverpool????

NONSENSE! Kaka' date='s been injured and out of form for at least 18 months and was ordinary in an ordinary Brazilian team at the WC and did nothing last season at Madrid,the guys been begging for a drop for ages and must be 95 or lower bearing in mind Iniestas a 96.This latest drop was a bit harsh on Stevie.G i would have expected SM to have given him a chance to regain his best form he,s a class player and deserved a chance![/quote']

If we have to talk in real life ratings, i agree. He cant be higher than Iniesta, he should be rated 95 or lower, now, as SM has tolerance over injured players i dont see him dropping more than 1 point.

I can recall Kaká giving at least 2 or 3 assistances for Brasil and PLAYING INJURED!. He did a better WC than many recognized players.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. They are not anti liverpool.

Sadly many liverpool fans do not beleive they are mediocre now. They had a terrible season last year and a poor start this season too.

The biggest thing is they arent in the CL anymore. That is a huge competition in SM's eyes.

The liverpool team as a whole was far too overrated for how they were playing. These latest changes have gone a long way to reflecting how poor they have been.

In all honesty you should feel pleased that Torres only got dropped -1. In all honesty he shou;ld have been dropped -2 as gerrard was last season.

He is nowhere near playing at at 95 level and hasnt been in nearly a year now.

Very very good point

There is some real idiocy in this thread in terms of immature behaviour on both sides of the argument and opinions based a million miles from reality.

My neutral opinion is:

Torres - well deserved drop.

Gerrard - Slightly harsh drop. He already dropped -2 last time and his form this season has been ok. You can make a decent case for 94 though.

Poulson - His drop of -2 seems severe. I think -1 would have been more fair with perhaps a further drop next time if he's still outside the first team.

Ngog - Very harsh to not get even a +1

Cole, Carragher, Maxi all sit fine with me.

On the whole I think SM have been a little harsh to Liverpool, but not quite to the extent some are suggesting.

ITT:

Liverpool fans moan and wail that their stars have dropped unfairly.

Everyone else agrees with SM.

I don't have a problem with any of the drops - that said, if Roy wasn't manager I think the changes would be very different. What will annoy me is if SM aren't consistent and Rooney's rating isn't reduced by 1 tomorrow. Bit surprised to see N'gog didn't rise, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

I think Gerrard has been at least worthy of a 95 rating and that's coming form a United fan. SM took Liverpool extremely hard with ratings and even Torres' drop was arguable imo because we all know he is amazing once he regains his top form.

Yeah im with you Barry.

Gerrard definately shouldnt have dropped' date=' no way Torres should have gone down either.

So your telling me every player that has a dip in form will be dropped:confused:? As Torres wasent fully fit at the World Cup or at the start of the season so that affected his performance, same with Rooney and now no doubt thy'll drop Rooney even though he was one of the best players on the planet not so long a go.

[b']As the saying goes [/b]

'Form is temporary, class is permanent'

Liverpool's top players had to drop regardless of whether they were playing well or not (which they weren't particularly). Liverpool are 10th in the league are likely going out of both domestic cups at the first opportunity and they aren't lighting fireworks in the Europa League. A club in that position shouldn't have 92+ players, let alone a 95 and 96! International form wasn't going to save them as they simply don't have any international form. Torres is overshadowed by Villa and even Llorente in the World Cup and Gerrard is the best player in an awful England side. Nothing to brag about.

After these changes Liverpool have an average rating (top 18 players) or 90.33. Considering the teams around them, it should be much much lower.