• Claude Makalele
    • Marc van Bommel
    • Momo Sissoko
    • Scott Parker
    • Patrick Viera
    • Gareth Barry
    • William Gallas
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen

there are alot of players who work tirelessly on and off the pitch but don't get credit because they dont score enough! a perfect example of this is claude makalele! he works non-stop in frint of chelsea's back4, so what if he doesnt score? every game he plays he goes all out to keep the goal in tact.

another player is momo sissoko. he is like a younger but lankier version of maka. more players who arent praised but are sheer quality are players like marc van bommel and viera and scott parker.

if you know of any more underrated quality players lets hear!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: who is the most underrated or unpraised star in football

When I think of an underrated player I think of Xavi and I'm surprised he's not on the list. His passes are great and he's a key player at Barca but many people don't see his potential because he rarely scores goals but in a game his passes find its mark around 90% of the time so he is the most underrated player in the world

When I think of an underrated player I think of Xavi and I'm surprised he's not on the list. His passes are great and he's a key player at Barca but many people don't see his potential because he rarely scores goals but in a game his passes find its mark around 90% of the time so he is the most underrated player in the world

I agree 100% with you miles.

Ive always said people are trying to underrate Xavi, but he has been a key

figure for Barca and Spain for the last god knows how long. He plays every

game when fit, for club and country which shows hes obviously doing

something right, especially when youve got some seriously good young talent

knocking at the door for both, waiting to fill his boots.

He very rarely miss places passes, he doesnt whine when playing the game,

he gets on with it, mops up in midfield lays the ball off, and away you go.

The problem is with today's world, its all about flair and finesse.

And just because you dont see people like xavi doing 26 step overs and spinning

round over the ball doesnt mean he isnt world class.

I used to say this about Nicky Butt for us, and for England, but people just

dont take notice of the sensible players, they are at times just as affective

as people like Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, if not more affective.

One player for me missing on that list is Kevin Nolan, Bolton's captain.

He fights for every ball, runs and shouts and his passion sometimes gets him into trouble, but he has marshalled a little lancashire club into a top Premiership side over the past 3 seasons.

Everyone has praise for Big Sam and Big Kev is a reflection of Sam on the field.

I feel he has more than earned a call up in Mclaren's side when the next friendly comes around.

I cannot think of a player that would be more commited to the cause and passionate when he pulls on an England shirt.

I agree Lampard and Gerrard have more ability than him but what England have lacked over the years is a roaring lion who can play in the centre of midfield.

They are all good players that have been mentioned but what about Gary Naysmith ?

Consistent performer for the Toffees, even grabbing the odd goal every now and again, he is always in the Scottish set up, and is the lime to their coconut.

The pinnacle of Everton's success over recent years, this is a player who cannot be underestimated, and is constantly performing.

Surely he is up for Premiership team of the year, what other left back has been performing this good ?

Ive always said people are trying to underrate Xavi' date=' but he has been a key

figure for Barca and Spain for the last god knows how long. if not more affective.[/quote']

correct me if i m wrong...

xavi is already rated-97 in sm...is he still underrated?

i dont think xavi is underrated

One player for me missing on that list is Kevin Nolan' date=' Bolton's captain.

He fights for every ball, runs and shouts and his passion sometimes gets him into trouble, but he has marshalled a little lancashire club into a top Premiership side over the past 3 seasons.

Everyone has praise for Big Sam and Big Kev is a reflection of Sam on the field.

I feel he has more than earned a call up in Mclaren's side when the next friendly comes around.

I cannot think of a player that would be more commited to the cause and passionate when he pulls on an England shirt.

I agree Lampard and Gerrard have more ability than him but what England have lacked over the years is a roaring lion who can play in the centre of midfield.[/quote']

youve got a few fair points m8

i dont think xavi is underrated

On the game he isnt, but the general view of people is that he is over rated on SM ! and is not appreciated in real life for the no nonsense, reliable, accuracte passer, attack intereptor spaniard he is ! i really like him ! and he is a phenomonal player ! last year when barcelona won CL and league he was in inspirational form

I think a general increase for the first team players of Portsmouth, Bolton and Reading is in order as these three teams have done superbly this season.

Reading have really suprised everyone and I would make a speacial mention for Leroy Lita.

Bolton again have proved to be a top premiership side.

Portsmouth have really bounced back from near disaster last season.

For three small clubs that have not got oodles of money in the bank they should be commended by SM and given the increses they deserve.

I think a general increase for the first team players of Portsmouth' date=' Bolton and Reading is in order as these three teams have done superbly this season.

Reading have really suprised everyone and I would make a speacial mention for Leroy Lita.

Bolton again have proved to be a top premiership side.

Portsmouth have really bounced back from near disaster last season.

For three small clubs that have not got oodles of money in the bank they should be commended by SM and given the increses they deserve.[/quote']

I 100% agree with Dave on the three teams mentioned! All doing superbly well this season!

Reading are doing what Wigan did when they got promoted which is good to see, hopefully they'll keep it up! Key players have been Sidwell, Hanneman, Lita, Doyle and Shorey!

Bolton are always a consistent team and it's also good to see them doing well and riding high this season! Key players have been Jasskelianen, Speed, Campo, Nolan and Diouf!

Portsmouth were just about doomed last season, if it wasn't for there last 12 games of the season, winning 7/8 of them and drawing a couple to eventually stay up! Now they are riding high and Harry Redknapp is doing them good, quality manager! Key players have been James, Campbell, Kanu, Benjami and Taylor!

I would also like to give a key mention to Blackburn who have really turned things around this season! They are also getting great results now and are starting to become a well balanced side! Key players have been Friedel, Derbyshire, Pederson and McCarthy!

Great to see all these teams putting up a great fight this season...especially Reading! :)

On the game he isnt' date=' but the general view of people is that he is over rated on SM ! and is not appreciated in real life for the no nonsense, reliable, accuracte passer, attack intereptor spaniard he is ! i really like him ! and he is a phenomonal player ! last year when barcelona won CL and league he was in inspirational form[/quote']

he is by public but sm and fifa hav got it right :rolleyes:

if you think sissoko is underrated u shud get start watchin him better

underrated? hes properly overrated...

he fits great into teams that cant play football. but i wouldnt be paying to watch him play ´football´

Im a liverpool fan, and one thing that bugs me is how people compare him to viera.. in fairness, viera had so much more, i get really fed up with people claiming sissoko is some incredible player.

If all it requires to be a footballler is work ethic, pace, physical strength and throwing yourself around making ridiculous tackles, then the beautiful game is clearly on the decline in england.

Xavi is a perfect example of someone that can do sissokos job without making ridiculous tackles, yet still with the ability to play the ball beautifully.

I could find you a thousand ´´atheletes like sissoko, doesnt mean they can play football though..