• Marc van Bommel
    • Momo Sissoko
    • Scott Parker
    • Patrick Viera
    • Gareth Barry
    • William Gallas
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen

Re: who is the most underrated or unpraised star in football

Landzaat has been a huge flop' date=' absolutely shocking. from what iv seen of him. doesn't suit premiership football at all. i was a fan of his before aswell.[/quote']

his goal against arsenal was his best bit of the season.

who should be added to the polll in your opinion?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benni McCarthy is underrated.

Michael Owen is overrated.

I dont care about his pedigree and whatever but Michael Owen at the moment is as much use as Podolski at Bayern.

Useless.

Carragher is underrated, so is Pepe Reina.

In real life, that is.

Also, Seedorf is vastly underrated, as is Daniel Carvalho

Benni McCarthy is underrated.

Michael Owen is overrated.

I dont care about his pedigree and whatever but Michael Owen at the moment is as much use as Podolski at Bayern.

Useless.

Carragher is underrated' date=' so is Pepe Reina.

In real life, that is.

Also, Seedorf is vastly underrated, as is Daniel Carvalho[/quote']

yep they all sound about right.

McCarthy has had a great season, so have Berbatov and Martins.

Carragher should be in Englands back 4 insted of Ferdinand.

Vidic has been solid at the back the saeson for United, as has Carvalho for Chelsea.

Pepe Reina deserves a run in Spains no.1 shirt after his form this season, even though he has been inconsistent at times.

Pepe Reina deserves a run in Spains no.1 shirt after his form this season' date=' even though he has been inconsistent at times.[/quote']

However well Reina is playing or can play, he simply sint as good as Casillas. the only point of giving pepe a chance in number one would be in a firendly or something. Casillas, is one of the three best keepers in the world along with Cech and Buffon, these three are so far above every other keepers ability. and so i cant see him playing much. and the fact is Casilass is consistent and reina isnt :)

IMO neways

However well Reina is playing or can play' date=' he simply sint as good as Casillas. the only point of giving pepe a chance in number one would be in a firendly or something. Casillas, is one of the three best keepers in the world along with Cech and Buffon, these three are so far above every other keepers ability. and so i cant see him playing much. and the fact is Casilass is consistent and reina isnt :)

IMO neways[/quote']

perfectly true, coming from a Liverpool fan :D he was amazing in the shootout against Chelsea...the whole game aswell.

Ok, so Reina as Spanish No. 1 Keeper is out.

So what about No. 2? Victor Valdes vs. Reina? I prefer Reina cos Valdes has been making some horrible time at Barca recently and let in crucial goals this season. Like getting let out of CL and having a tough time in the La Liga. Not to mention the Getafe 4-0 Barca (although that was sloppy defending too).

I dont hear many people talking about these guys these days:

Cafu

Phillip Lahm

Pavel Nedved

Allesandro Del Piero

Christian Vieri

Flippo Inzaghi

Robinho

Raul

Simone Perrota

Santiago Canizares

Nolberto Solano

they are all good players i havnt heard much of recently. what do you think of them?

I dont hear many people talking about these guys these days:

Cafu

Phillip Lahm

Pavel Nedved

Allesandro Del Piero

Christian Vieri

Flippo Inzaghi

Robinho

Raul

Simone Perrota

Santiago Canizares

Nolberto Solano

they are all good players i havnt heard much of recently. what do you think of them?

Cafu- Getting old should retire

Lahm- Playing well

Nedved- Doing a great job in D2

Del Piero- Still huge scorer

Vieri- All over for him

Inzaghi- Plays consistently

Robinho- Overrated

Raul- Overrated

Perrota- Consistent

Canizares- Amazing this year

Solano- Great this year

Raul

Raul is probably the most over rated player in the the Real Madrid squad IMO. I admit years ago he was superb but recently (I mean over the last couple of seasons) he has been IMO Real Madrids poorest player. The thing with Raul is that the Real Madrid fans idolise him and will always stand by him no matter how poor he plays. In the past Real Madrid managers have been booed and jeered by the Madrid fans, because they have dropped Raul from the starting line up, until the board decide to sack the manager. As long as he plays for Madrid the manager will keep playing him no matter how poor he plays for the sake of keeping his job.

Raul is probably the most over rated player in the the Real Madrid squad IMO. I admit years ago he was superb but recently (I mean over the last couple of seasons) he has been IMO Real Madrids poorest player. The thing with Raul is that the Real Madrid fans idolise him and will always stand by him no matter how poor he plays. In the past Real Madrid managers have been booed and jeered by the Madrid fans' date=' because they have dropped Raul from the starting line up, until the board decide to sack the manager. As long as he plays for Madrid the manager will keep playing him no matter how poor he plays for the sake of keeping his job.[/quote']

i dont think he is. he may not have played well lately, but i dont think he is massivley overrated.

Gilardino has been doing well. so have Guissepie Rossi and Gerrard Pique. 2 hot prospects for uniteds future eh? Totti has been playing well, last time i checked 2nd or 3rd top scorer on italy.

i know its a bit off topic, but what do you think of young Atletico Madrid wonderkid Sergio Aguero? I have watched him play a couple of times. I think he'll have a high rating in the future.

Guissepie Rossi and Gerrard Pique. 2 hot prospects for uniteds future eh?

Yeah both have been playing well especially Pique in Spain' date=' I heard that quite a number of clubs are after him but United don't want to sell him. United's future should be set around these two players as well as Rooney and Ronalo IMO

i know its a bit off topic, but what do you think of young Atletico Madrid wonderkid Sergio Aguero? I have watched him play a couple of times. I think he'll have a high rating in the future.

Yeah I agree that he will have a high rating in the future, personally I rate him very highly the only problem that he has is that at A.Madrid he is overshadowed by Torres.