• Gareth Barry
    • William Gallas
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: who is the most underrated or unpraised star in football

Yeah I agree that he will have a high rating in the future, personally I rate him very highly the only problem that he has is that at A.Madrid he is overshadowed by Torres.

when you say over shadowed i take it you mean by his name and not by his performances this year, IMO Aguero has played excellent this year and torress has had a bit of a shocker considering ow much he is hyped up

when you say over shadowed i take it you mean by his name and not by his performances this year' date=' IMO Aguero has played excellent this year and torress has had a bit of a shocker considering ow much he is hyped up[/quote']

Yeah I mean overshadowed by Torres's name. The A.Madrid fans idolise Torres and Aguero doesn't get the respect or admiration from the A.Madrid fans. IMO Torres has too much hype and too high expectations from the A.Madrid fans and could be one of the reasons he has been under-performing.

i dont think he is. he may not have played well lately' date=' but i dont think he is massivley overrated.

Gilardino has been doing well. so have Guissepie Rossi and Gerrard Pique. 2 hot prospects for uniteds future eh? Totti has been playing well, last time i checked 2nd or 3rd top scorer on italy.

i know its a bit off topic, but what do you think of young Atletico Madrid wonderkid Sergio Aguero? I have watched him play a couple of times. I think he'll have a high rating in the future.[/quote']

Gilardino has been horrible when I have seen him.

He isnt good enough for the UCL, and we've seen it. He doesnt play much for Milan in the Champs league. When he has played he's look off the pace. Forget about the goal against MU, itwas against a very poor side. he had glorious chances against Bayern, and didnt take them

Very well overrated this fella.

El Kun, on the other hand, is simply brilliant. Overshadowed by Torres, as Bryan has mentioned. He's been much better than the captain since the turn of the year. Up to 91 next Spanish change, if he keeps up his form til the end of the season, and Atletico get the UEFA Cup slot.

If I could have added a slot to the poll, it would have almost definetly gone to Aguero. He is quick, got good feet and has a decent shot on him. I agree about his name being overshadowed. Shame really... Spain's top striker in a few years i predict!

Just thought of this, but IMO Gilberto Silva is underrated.

Without him I dont think Arsenal could function; he breaks up play well, takes his time when necessary; he plays an important role for Arsenal, but still he tends to go unnoticed. Just like Makalele, the only few times you hear people taking about him is when he does something bad.

Just thought of this' date=' but IMO Gilberto Silva is underrated.

Without him I dont think Arsenal could function; he breaks up play well, takes his time when necessary; he plays an important role for Arsenal, but still he tends to go unnoticed. Just like Makalele, the only few times you hear people taking about him is when he does something bad.[/quote']

agreed they both bring midfield experience which both clubs need they're amazing players

agreed they both bring midfield experience which both clubs need they're amazing players

same aswell, they both hold their team and midfield together when they play. They both work tirelessly.

Diego Forlan was rubbish at United, then played well at Villareal. Is he still playing well? I havnt heard lately.

Anyway...McCarthy, van Bommel and MArtins are all players who deserve increases in my eyes what about you guys?

same aswell' date=' they both hold their team and midfield together when they play. They both work tirelessly.

Diego Forlan was rubbish at United, then played well at Villareal. Is he still playing well? I havnt heard lately.

Anyway...McCarthy, van Bommel and MArtins are all players who deserve increases in my eyes what about you guys?[/quote']

Forlan made a hattrick last week and after a slow start he's starting to provide a lot of goals

but we haven't really seen the best of Morten gamst-pedersen this season, really. he hasn't been on the score sheet as much this season compared to last season.

diego forlan- agree he was rubbish at united, but he's playing relatively well in spain.

gilberto silva- yes, he is the one keeping the team together, and he's the main player when arsenal plays a match- should i say?

makelele- not my fav. pleyer, he's ok.

whatever happened to xabi alonso? he is a gr8 player in liverpool, he may not score, but he will stop goals etc.

and sami hyppia- excellent tackling he can do- if you watch the fulham match, you should have seen him do awesome tackles- clean etc. but when arbealo did it- all fouls!!!

but we haven't really seen the best of Morten gamst-pedersen this season' date=' really. he hasn't been on the score sheet as much this season compared to last season.

[/quote']

he has been setting more up, but still scoring lots.

whatever happened to xabi alonso? he is a gr8 player in liverpool' date=' he may not score, but he will stop goals etc.

and sami hyppia- excellent tackling he can do- if you watch the fulham match, you should have seen him do awesome tackles- clean etc. but when arbealo did it- all fouls!!![/quote']

I have always rated Xabi Alonso highly, even before he came to Liverpool. He can pass, tackle, play the ball and he has a good shot. Everyone has their own opinion about him. I think he is one of our key player, Rafa knows that, thats why he bought him.

Hyppia is a great defender. He is strong, good in the air and can tackle well, but he is starting to lose his 1st team place to Agger now, who is also a great player. Liverpool have 3 quality centre backs which gives us alot of options.

If you want an underrated Liverpool player look at Carragher and Finnan.

I agree that Carragher is underrated but I think Finnan on SM is spot on. People used to think he was junk but now they know he's valuable but nothing more than a 92

Finnan is underrated by most people, not SM. Carragher should be 2st choice centre back instead of Rio. Carra is worthy of a 96 in my eyes after the season he has had.

Finnan is underrated by most people' date=' not SM. Carragher should be 2st choice centre back instead of Rio. Carra is worthy of a 96 in my eyes after the season he has had.[/quote']

Carragher is a 95 in my mind while Ferdinand is a 93 and Woodgate is a 94 but of course that might never happen on SM

Carragher is a 95 in my mind while Ferdinand is a 93 and Woodgate is a 94 but of course that might never happen on SM

Woodgate has been good for Boro, so have Yakubu and Schwarzer(spelled it right?).

Aaron Lennon definelty deserves an increase to at least 91, he is better than Damien Duff. Duff has had good season though.

Woodgate has been good for Boro' date=' so have Yakubu and Schwarzer(spelled it right?).

Aaron Lennon definelty deserves an increase to at least 91, he is better than Damien Duff. Duff has had good season though.[/quote']

Duff has had a horrible season mate lol

Lennon is good warrants an increase to 90

Duff has had a horrible season mate lol

Lennon is good warrants an increase to 90

you can tell i dont watch much of Newcastle lol.... from what i HAVE seen James Milner has had a good season.

Ambrosini a has had a good time with Milan, as has Maldini. Maldini is the irreplacable centre back in my mind, true legend...

Anyway... Phillip Lahm has been doing well, as has Mascherano (after he joined Liverpool :) ), Stevey Sidwell and Nicky Shorey deserve 89/90's after this season. Hopefully they'll keep it up next year.

you can tell i dont watch much of Newcastle lol.... from what i HAVE seen James Milner has had a good season.

Ambrosini a has had a good time with Milan' date=' as has Maldini. Maldini is the irreplacable centre back in my mind, true legend...

Anyway... Phillip Lahm has been doing well, as has Mascherano (after he joined Liverpool :) ), Stevey Sidwell and Nicky Shorey deserve 89/90's after this season. Hopefully they'll keep it up next year.[/quote']

Milner has been excellent they need to keep him

Ambrosini needs to go up to 90

Maldini is a legend

Lahm is the best LB in the world

Mascherano is like a young Gattuso

Sidwell going to Chelsea lol!

filipo inzaghi' date=' after the game he played against liverpool should be a 92, if not, a 93, his finishing was lethal that night.[/quote']

Lethal?! He only had one proper shot all night didn't he?! His second goal was a smart finish but the first just hit him and went in!!

Sidwell going to Chelsea lol!

Oh yeah i forgot about that :o:)

Pennant dserves a increase up to 90 at least. He has improved in every game. He has come on leaps and bounds this year. Mark Gonzalez has had a good season from what i've watched, he just needs to work on his delivery to make it more consistent, so does Pennant.