• William Gallas
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: who is the most underrated or unpraised star in football

Oh yeah i forgot about that :o:)

Pennant dserves a increase up to 90 at least. He has improved in every game. He has come on leaps and bounds this year. Mark Gonzalez has had a good season from what i've watched' date=' he just needs to work on his delivery to make it more consistent, so does Pennant.[/quote']

How can you honestly say that these players have had good seasons? I genuinely believe that if Garcia wasn't injured, Pennant wouldn't be in the side, but Liverpool don't have another right winger. And Gonzalez hasn't really shown much, plus if his season was so good, why is Benitez selling him to Betis?

Oh yeah i forgot about that :o:)

Pennant dserves a increase up to 90 at least. He has improved in every game. He has come on leaps and bounds this year. Mark Gonzalez has had a good season from what i've watched' date=' he just needs to work on his delivery to make it more consistent, so does Pennant.[/quote']

Im also a liverpool fan and watch every match, i dont see were u can say Gonzalez has had a good season? hes hardly played due to form and due to injuries and when he has played i have seen nothing of the reputation he came with. Havnt really seen his so called blistering pace.

I dont blame Gonzalez as its always difficult settling in a different league especially when being in and out of the team and struggling with injuries but he definatly hasnt had a good season.

I think a move back to spain is the best thing for gonzalez himself, although i would have liked to see more of him.

Tom, Gonzalez has not played much, perhaps 10 appearances.

He should be going down to 86 soon.

And Ian, Inzaghi's finishing was not too lethal that night, but he was alone up front and he did superbly. His MoM was justified, and MILAN DESERVED IT.

If you are another one of those Englishmen who believe that Milan shouldnt have even played in the UCL Id say GET OVER IT.

THEY ARE BETTER THAN UNITED LIVERPOOL CHELSEA ARSENAL, you just name any team.

They say theres a diff between great and good; we have seen it with United and Liverpool, in comparison with Milan.

Inzaghi is a superb finisher, the way he kept the ball consistently well when he was all alone was great.

Benitez made the biggest mistake by taking off Mazza. Because he wasnt there Kaka had space to play the pass for Inzaghi's goal. If Mazza was on, then Kaka wouldnt have had the space.

Theres my rant, basically, for all those who are p i s s e d off at Milan and being in the competition, GET OVER IT. YOU WANT THE BEST TEAMS IN EUROPE THEN GET OVER IT.

Tom' date=' Gonzalez has not played much, perhaps 10 appearances.

He should be going down to 86 soon.

And Ian, Inzaghi's finishing was not too lethal that night, but he was alone up front and he did superbly. His MoM was justified, and MILAN DESERVED IT.

If you are another one of those Englishmen who believe that Milan shouldnt have even played in the UCL Id say GET OVER IT.

They say theres a diff between great and good; we have seen it with United and Liverpool, in comparison with Milan.

Inzaghi is a superb finisher, the way he kept the ball consistently well when he was all alone was great.

Benitez made the biggest mistake by taking off Mazza. Because he wasnt there Kaka had space to play the pass for Inzaghi's goal. If Mazza was on, then Kaka wouldnt have had the space.

Theres my rant, basically, for all those who are p i s s e d off at Milan and being in the competition, GET OVER IT. YOU WANT THE BEST TEAMS IN EUROPE THEN GET OVER IT.[/quote']

Dude chill out, when Liverpool fans say Milan didnt deserve to win how are they wrong? Liverpool played poor and Milan wasnt any better. If Pennant would have dellivered how he usually does then Liverpool would have won the match.

Gerrard normally would have smashed that chance in when he was 1 on 1 with Dida.

I remember all Milan fans crying and going nuts the year they lost when they was 3-0 up.. caliing Liverpool lucky etc well it took them 2 years TO GET OVER IT.

And im sure any Man Utd fan will say they are a better side than Milan. Man Utd got injuries to there 2 CB's at a key moment, Vidic played but he wasnt ready.

Picture Milan losing Nesta + Maldini and they wouldnt be the same

As for people complaining about them being in the competition there bound to, they was before the CL started and they will now, its nothing against Milan as a club its more to do with how much Italy as a nation get away with in football. Some of the things this season and previous seasons have been well out of order and in some cases deaths. Well in most other countries they would have been hit alot harder than silly punishments like having to play behind closed doors (WOW) harsh punishment

Anyways this reply and your post are off topic as its about underated players so we might aswell leave it

And Ian' date=' Inzaghi's finishing was not too lethal that night, but he was alone up front and he did superbly. His MoM was justified, and MILAN DESERVED IT.

Theres my rant, basically, for all those who are p i s s e d off at Milan and being in the competition, GET OVER IT. YOU WANT THE BEST TEAMS IN EUROPE THEN GET OVER IT.[/quote']

Take a deep breath mate and chill out!! All I said was that Inzaghi wasn't 'lethal' in that match!! And you've admitted you agree with me!! I never said anything about my opinion on Milan playing in the Champions League, whether or not they deserved to win that match or anything about other teams being better than Milan. In fact, I don't really give a s**t who is the better team out of those you mentioned. My passion lies in English League One at the moment.

If you want to rant then go ahead, but don't aim it at me when it's not justified. Maybe you should take some of your own advice and 'get over it'!

mascherano played greatly against milan, he was doing well , stopping kaka'.

rafa made a mistake substituting him of.

gamst-pedersen is ok m8. not the best unpraised star. i think that in the whole of football, alonso is one of the most unprasied stars. he is a key player in liverpool, but just isn't getting noticed in liverpool, due to steven gerrard hitting headlines every now and then. mascherano has been a superb unpraised star ever since he joined liverpool from west ham.

Mascherano did so well on Wednesday he deserved a winners medal for his performance

he did, he played well and kept Kaka quite for nearly half the match and played the holding role very well. I dont see Daniel Agger getting much praise for Liverpool. He scored a great goal against Chelsea and is lethal from long range.

he did' date=' he played well and kept Kaka quite for nearly half the match and played the holding role very well. I dont see Daniel Agger getting much praise for Liverpool. He scored a great goal against Chelsea and is lethal from long range.[/quote']

Agger is good I think he deserves some praise he's learning from Carragher and is becoming a better player

Another one is Carvalho he deserves more praise too

Agger is good I think he deserves some praise he's learning from Carragher and is becoming a better player

Another one is Carvalho he deserves more praise too

he is learning very well from Carragher

Carvahlo does deserve praise, great centre-back

Daniel Carvahlo is a great player for CSKA, but some people wont know because he plays in Russia. I have seen him play on tv a few times and he is good.

Giovani van Brinkhorst and Denilson deserve more praise aswell

he is learning very well from Carragher

Carvahlo does deserve praise' date=' great centre-back

Daniel Carvahlo is a great player for CSKA, but some people wont know because he plays in Russia. I have seen him play on tv a few times and he is good.

Giovani van Brinkhorst and Denilson deserve more praise aswell[/quote']

Carvalho is good but this year for CSKA so far it's been Jo and Vagner with the performing

Denilson is sooooo underrated he deserves to be higher than Walcott

Van Bronckhorst is good I've always liked him he's in good form

Carvalho is good but this year for CSKA so far it's been Jo and Vagner with the performing

Denilson is sooooo underrated he deserves to be higher than Walcott

Van Bronckhorst is good I've always liked him he's in good form

i'm thinking that Jo and Vanger Silva deserve 91/92 after their season

Denilson 88-89, Walcott should stay the same

Gio is fine with 91

i think that Doyle, Lita and Shorey deserve much more praise

Philippe Mexes deserves an increase, as does Timo Hildebrand. Timo should be Germany's no.1 keeper

i'm thinking that Jo and Vanger Silva deserve 91/92 after their season

Denilson 88-89' date=' Walcott should stay the same

Gio is fine with 91

i think that Doyle, Lita and Shorey deserve much more praise

Philippe Mexes deserves an increase, as does Timo Hildebrand. Timo should be Germany's no.1 keeper[/quote']

Gio is a 92 lol

Timo has been awesome he's with the Bundesliga champs and considering how poor Lehmann has played he deserves the no. 1 spot

mascherano played greatly against milan' date=' he was doing well , stopping kaka'.

rafa made a mistake substituting him of.[/quote']

no he didnt, he was playing 4 5 1, he wanted to play 4 4 2 to score, xabi was playing better than him plus he's good at attacking and gerrard, well, his a captain and a great player, the only good way to put crouch in was by taking mascherano out, you cant take defenders or wingers out, it would have ruined the formation, and they scored a goal, maybe if he had done it a bit earlier they would have won. when the milan scored i was praying for rafa to make that substitution (mascherano - crouch) not because he was playing bad but because it was the right and logical one, it just was a bit late and liverpool where unlucky.

no he didnt' date=' he was playing 4 5 1, he wanted to play 4 4 2 to score, xabi was playing better than him plus he's good at attacking and gerrard, well, his a captain and a great player, the only good way to put crouch in was by taking mascherano out, you cant take defenders or wingers out, it would have ruined the formation, and they scored a goal, maybe if he had done it a bit earlier they would have won. when the milan scored i was praying for rafa to make that substitution (mascherano - crouch) not because he was playing bad but because it was the right and logical one, it just was a bit late and liverpool where unlucky.[/quote']

I would have Taken off Pennant, put Gerrard on the wing. Mascherano was the reason Milan was playing Bad because he did have Kaka quiet, once he was off Milan started to look better.

but thats a debate for a different thread, I think mascherano's rating is ok atm.. and will probably go up during the season onces hes played more games

I would have Taken off Pennant' date=' put Gerrard on the wing. Mascherano was the reason Milan was playing Bad because he did have Kaka quiet, once he was off Milan started to look better.

but thats a debate for a different thread, I think mascherano's rating is ok atm.. and will probably go up during the season onces hes played more games[/quote']

He did keep Kaka very quiet and kept that hole closed in midfield.

Mascherano's rating will probbably go up by one or two.

no he didnt' date=' he was playing 4 5 1, he wanted to play 4 4 2 to score, xabi was playing better than him plus he's good at attacking and gerrard, well, his a captain and a great player, the only good way to put crouch in was by taking mascherano out, you cant take defenders or wingers out, it would have ruined the formation, and they scored a goal, maybe if he had done it a bit earlier they would have won. when the milan scored i was praying for rafa to make that substitution (mascherano - crouch) not because he was playing bad but because it was the right and logical one, it just was a bit late and liverpool where unlucky.[/quote']

Pfffft. I dont think so. Quaresman is right.

Look, if he wanted to cause havoc for Milan, play Crouch earlier. How are you supposed to win if you bring on a player the Milan dudes themselves fear for 12 minutes?!

Benitez got it wrong tactically and has just lashed out at the new owners for some lame reason! Some so called master tactician.

If he was actually thinking to himself, Milan were there for the taking, 100%. He should have seen that Milan weren't themselves, ie werent passing the ball well, and he would have taken advantage of that. Bring Bellamy on. He would have chased the Milan defenders, put pressue on them if and when they tried slowing things down and pass the ball around.

Now Zenden. Why on earth play someone who you are gonna release the next day?!

And thats it. :D

Now Zenden. Why on earth play someone who you are gonna release the next day?!

And thats it. :D

Maybe, just maybe, to see if he's worth keeping.. :rolleyes:;) I'd agree that it was the wrong time to check that out, but all the managers are like that :P

Plus the fact that i don't think Benitez had much choice for the left flank, ideally he could of played Riise with Aurelio at left back but with him injured, Kewell only just returning to fitness, Gonzalez out-of-form for pretty much the whole season, Zenden was his only realistic choice.