• Gareth Barry
    • William Gallas
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: who is the most underrated or unpraised star in football

I think that Aaron Lennon and Benjani Mwurawi (spelt right?) are underrated. Benjani has been one of Pompys top strikers this season and definetly deserves 89+

Lennon is a class winger and deserves around 91.

Lennon is fast not much else

he's be lucky to get higher than a 90

he's fast' date=' but he can also take people on and beat them most of the time.[/quote']

He only beats players because of his pace, sure it's a fine asset, but then Rommedahl and Stuart Ripley would surely be World Beaters aswell if Lennon is ?

he's fast' date=' but he can also take people on and beat them most of the time.[/quote']

Pace is always a good thing to have for a winger, Lennon has it, there's no doubt about that, (but it's not necessary) most wingers are supposed to be good crossers of the ball and from what I have seen of Lennon he can beat 3 or 4 players then there is no end product, he either gives the ball away to the next defender or he will put a poor cross into the box.

As I have said, pace isn't everything for a winger probably one of the most famous wingers would be David Beckham, he hasn't got the pace of some wingers (I could probably run faster than him :rolleyes: ) but he can pass and more importantly cross the ball which usually leads to something.

Lennon is one of the fastest player in the premiership, he uses it to his advantage like all players who have it do, but the pace is useless if it doesn't lead to something.

barry ferguson

I wouldn't say that Ferguson is underrated personally.

He is playing in a league that is dominated by two clubs so most of the games he plays in the league he doesn't need to play at his full potential. He isn't underrated in Scotland anyway as most people know what he does for Rangers.

The only way he could be considered underrated would be in European football but Rangers don't play enough "big" European games for him to be recognised as a good player IMO.

its not my fault' date=' my account was acting up due to the forum upgrades[/quote']

Aww thats alright mate.

I do think Riise is fine at 91 though.

I also think that Ashley Young should get an 87, following some fantastic performances for both Villa towards the end of the season, and a brilliant performace against the Slovak U21s.

Aww thats alright mate.

I do think Riise is fine at 91 though.

I also think that Ashley Young should get an 87' date=' following some fantastic performances for both Villa towards the end of the season, and a brilliant performace against the Slovak U21s.[/quote']

John Carew does aswell. Even more so does Agbonglahor, he was Villa's top scorer this season. 88 or 89 for Agbonglahor I think.