SoccerManager.com is brutal at doing the ratings

mjthanna

Please tell me how Gareth Bale who is the best EPL player right now can only go up to an 90 when he over and over embarrases the best defenders in the world IE ( Maicon of Inter) and Joe Hart as well only when up to an 90, so they are telling me that Iker Casillas is 5 points better then Hart, keep smokin the wacky tobaccy SM

Re: SoccerManager.com is brutal at doing the ratings

Please tell me how Gareth Bale who is the best EPL player right now can only go up to an 90 when he over and over embarrases the best defenders in the world IE ( Maicon of Inter) and Joe Hart as well only when up to an 90' date=' so they are telling me that Iker Casillas is 5 points better then Hart, keep smokin the wacky tobaccy SM[/quote']

Tell me why Bale should be rated higher than Muller for example, Muller won the golden boot, WC young player of the year, his club got to the CL final, his club won there league, what did Bale win what did spurs win?

Rarely does a player go from an 88 into the high 90's eg 92/93 or get a +4, only the low rated players with ratings of 75 or 80 rise by more than 4 because its easier to rise big when a player outperforms a really low rating, as they get higher they need to work much harder to rise. Muller rose by 3 but as someone said his world cup performance was outstanding and he won the golden boot at the age of 21, what about bale's? Its harder to get from 88>92 than 88>90. How long has Gareth Bale been a top player? Not long. A +2 is reasonable for now. I agree that he is a 90+ player but give it time and let him continue his performances for SM to see. Lately people have been going over the top about how players should've rose +4 or +5, but SM have got them spot on. I have to disagree with some players they have dropped but they have been pretty good with the changes.

I don't think you understand how the rating changes work.. Just because a player is playing at a level way above his rating does not mean he should be changed to his deserved rating, form can change in an instant. Mark Albrighton of Aston Villa has been playing like a 90+ rated player this season, so are you telling me he should have got a 75 -> 90?? Clue up before you make such stupid threads. Provided Bale continues his form, he will get a +1/2 in the next changes.

My prediction would be 91, he would have to play out of his skin and Tottenham would have to win something for him to get 92 straight away. In time I'm sure he will force SM to give him 93+ Just be patient.

Bale and Hart are definitely fine.

I don't think SM has been brutal at all. I actually don't think they've been brutal or consistent enough in some places. (There's only the odd riser which I believe should have happened which didn't) It's not the rise's I have much a problem with, it's the drops but mainly the lack of them!

1) Bale did not go to world cup

2) Has not reached a final or won a trophy with Tottenham for the past year

3) +3 to 91 on what stats? Muller won the Golden ball.

4) If it goes to 91 now. Then what should bale rise to next? 93? Relax guys. Bale will still rise. It's not like ur' quitting tmr.

To be honest, I'm fed up about hearing how Bale should've got a 91, 90 is totally fair. Every thread I click on seems to mention him somehwere on it! Now to all the Bale fan boys, yes he's playing at a standard higher than 90, but with the way the ratings work, he's not going to jump to that rating straight away, it will take time!

Now let us leave it at that!

Please tell me how Gareth Bale who is the best EPL player right now can only go up to an 90 when he over and over embarrases the best defenders in the world IE ( Maicon of Inter) and Joe Hart as well only when up to an 90' date=' so they are telling me that Iker Casillas is 5 points better then Hart, keep smokin the wacky tobaccy SM[/quote']

Both Nani (20 games 7 goals 10 assists) and Malouda (19-8-2) have done better than Bale (20-9-3). His 3 goals and 2 assists against Inter are quite impressive If bale had gone to 91 nani would have had a +2 and Malouda a +1 (which I think should have happened). Since SM decided that that would not happen then there is no way Bale could have gotten +3. Personally I like Bale and the Spurs a lot but I do not think there was a possibility of him going straight to 91 in 1 shot. Yes he embarrassed Maicon but if you have watched Italian footy this is not the Maicon of last year and I believe (not quite sure) he was carrying a knock though this is not an excuse for him.

As for Hart he is unproven at the highest levels at this point. Didnt play in the WC and has yet to play Champs League. As of right now he is a good keeper nothing more nothing less until he proves himself in a big competition (Europa League wont get you HUGE increases).

Sorry to let ya down but he is yet young and will increase in the future.

How dare anyone say Bale doesn't deserve higher than 90, he isn't just the best player in the premierleague, but the world. He is like Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, and Maradona all mixed together to make the ultimate player that no one will ever be better than.

Or he is a player on a bit of form, that hasn't actually been that great other than in a few matches.

I can't decide which of these statements I'd go with.

Obviously, the first statement would be more likely... In opposite world. People should calm down about Gareth Bale, and realise that he is just flavour of the month at the moment. Anyone remember that world class player called David Bentley? I think he retired a couple of seasons ago, just does the spurs subs a favour by warming their benches up for them. Get real Bale-anatics and wake up and realise he is a decent player, but 90 is more than fair.

How dare anyone say Bale doesn't deserve higher than 90' date=' he isn't just the best player in the premierleague, but the world. He is like Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, and Maradona all mixed together to make the ultimate player that no one will ever be better than.

Or he is a player on a bit of form, that hasn't actually been that great other than in a few matches.

I can't decide which of these statements I'd go with.

Obviously, the first statement would be more likely... In opposite world. People should calm down about Gareth Bale, and realise that he is just flavour of the month at the moment. Anyone remember that world class player called David Bentley? I think he retired a couple of seasons ago, just does the spurs subs a favour by warming their benches up for them. Get real Bale-anatics and wake up and realise he is a decent player, but 90 is more than fair.[/quote']

Bale,Nasri and oezil are my favorite players in the world right now.

This whole debate is irrelevant to the rating system, because SM would seem to have a set way in which they do ratings. Pique went from 90-92, 92-94, and is supposedly going to 95 or 96 next ratings. When he went from 90-92 he was already one of the best centre backs in the entire world, but he had no proved it consistently enough to warrant a given 95. So SM gave him a rating around where a top 3 club in any leagues best defender should get. once he rounded into the consistent world class form at barca he was given the jump to 94.

Anyone will agree with you that Bale is playing at a 95 level this entire season so far and towards the end of last year. But you get to 95, by playing 95 football for three seasons straight. Bale at 90 is exactly where he should be. If he keeps up the 95 pace through the next changes, he will get to 92, then everyone will be happy and we can end this stupid debate. WE ALL KNOW he is playing 95 level, but that is irrelevant to the rating he received because ratings between 93-98 are based on consistency. Guys go in an out of the fringes of 90 all the time.

Anyone will agree with you that Bale is playing at a 95 level this entire season so far and towards the end of last year.

I dont agree with this comment at all. Guess I'm not anyone though. A 95 player plays like he did against Inter. Not how he did in consecutive games against Everton then Man United. I will agree he is at a 92 level if you want to make that statement though.

I dont agree with this comment at all. Guess I'm not anyone though. A 95 player plays like he did against Inter. Not how he did in consecutive games against Everton then Man United. I will agree he is at a 92 level if you want to make that statement though.

from the beginning of the premier league season and start of the champions league. gareth bale has been a top 10 player in the world at worst. many would make the claim hes been in the top 5 just below messi/ronaldo as far as consistently influential. Maybe I should have changed my statement that hes playing 93-95 level this season cuz i could agree with that as well. But he has definitely been playing with the best of all of em this season so far. He has given the run around to so many great right backs this year. (Sagna, Maicon to name a few) This debate we are having is irrelevant though because unless he was scoring in every single match at the rate of messi and ronaldo, no one should have any gripes at him being rated 90. Its not his fault he's welsh, but it sure hurt him for these rankings.

its the same scenarios with andrew caroll and wilshere. these are their first seasons of being regulars and very important pieces in their premier league sides. both of their starts have been imbeccable as caroll is scoring at will and wilshere is a midfield genius for the 3rd placed team. both are easily playing 90ish football but since this is there first time doing it on the highest level consistently they both just got to 87. thats the way sm works. you gotta prove yourself longevity wise, not just your last months work.

Ratings don't reflect a player's current form. Just because Bale might be doing better than Wayne Rooney at the moment doesn't mean he should have a higher rating than Rooney.

SM gives ratings of 95+ to players who have proven themselves on every level of competition such as performing at a high level on the international, domestic, and other stages.

Bale needs to continue to prove himself and if he continues with his current form, he will continue to rise as SM re-rates the EPL.

What about the rating of Chicharito and Wilshere' date=' Wilshere is as good as any player in the Arsenal midfield and Chicharito rated 88 the same rated as Emile (cant score to save his life) Heskey.[/quote']

Wilshere is as good as Fabregas, Song & Nasri... Oh right. B)

Hernandez is a bit part player. Heskey got an 89 with Wigan.

Wilshere is as good as Fabregas' date=' Song & Nasri... Oh right. B)

Hernandez is a bit part player. Heskey got an 89 with Wigan.[/quote']

Ratings can't go do Lally.

Wilshere rising to 95, then having an off season going back down to 88.

Next Time I'm sure (If Not) I'll eat my Dog's Tail.

Wilshere to 89/90

Chicarito to 89/90

He has given the run around to so many great right backs this year. (Sagna' date=' Maicon to name a few)[/quote']

he didnt run around sagna thank you very much ;) , as for Maicon i've seen rated 86 , 86's easily beat maicon does this mean they should rise so much no..

Maicon has his good and bad days , he more of a RWB and is always forward so you know ;)

Bale deserved 90 nothing more..

Bale has only been playing this well since the start of the season. Muller has been playing well since last season.

To be fair to Bale, he didn't start getting in the first team until the start of this year and since he has been immense at LB last season and on the wing this season. But I still agree with his 90 rating for now, 91 at the end of this season.

think you're the one of the wacky baccy, kid