Why didn't Fernando Llorente rise?

Humblebug

Re: What an utter disgrace

I am seriously considering leaving the game after Fernando Llorente failed to earn a rise

Doesn't take much to make you quit at something then :rolleyes:

If his failure to rise is making you think like that, I'd suggest you're not going to like much of what's to come in future reviews. There's always going to be decisions which we don't agree with, it's the nature of the beast.

Llorente always gets high ratinsg when I play him in the side but now he hasnt rose should I sell him and buy Chamakh?

Imo Llorente needs to keep up his good form he may then get a rise in 3/4 months but it's not going to be easy at a club like Athletic. Remember Suarez was stuck at 90 for ages because of the league he played in.

Chamakh on the other hand plays in the C/L for a better club so has the platform to rise up to 93 imo at Arsenal. If you could re-sign Llorente easily in the future should he move to a better club then I would say get Chamakh but keep an eye on Llorente with this in mind. Don't write Llorente off on SM yet, I've heard him linked to Real in the past, just have to wait and see.

Athletic Bilboa has already been done

SM is like Fifa corrupt

calm down mate, SM have stated that they will review the major leagues 3 times not 2 during the season, this is why they are more tight in awarding rises. He may rise in any of the other two reviews if he keeps playing this good

Clearly everyone has their favourites and it is all done by human feeling rather than actual facts

For example if the person who made the changes is a Barcelona fan he is more likely to be swayed in one way or another

Err I've seen no evidence the reviewers have favourite teams, emphasis on 'REVIEWERS'. It is not just one person doing them so there's no favouritism.

Also from my knowledge the leagues are reviewed twice a year

JUNE AND NOVEMBER/DECEMBER

I would not be surprised if Khedira doesnt rise tomorrow

http://blog.soccermanager.com/players/player-ratings/player-ratings-schedule-2.html

as i already told you and is stated in the above link, SM will review these league 3 times a year now.

There was a few surprises, didn't expect Ujfalusi to drop and a few players I expected +2 from only got +1. As everyones saying though this is generally down to the Big leagues being reviewed 3 times a year instead of 2. Llorente hasn't done enough yet to deserve a rating of 91 anyway in my view! Needs to move to a bigger club!!

I dont agree with these cap ratings :mad: what if a world class player played for Tottenham or Atletico Madrid you're telling me they cant ever eb higher than 93/94? that cant be right. Mario Gomez is a 93 :eek:

Which players at Spurs or Athletico Madrid should be higher than 94? There aren't any I can think of.

The opposition the player faces has a big influence on rating' date=' Athletic play the best in Spain but not the best in Europe, success, i.e. Trophies and/or progress in these tournaments also has a bearing on why Athletic cannot be rated higher, they don't play in the C/L so this limits his rating to a point already, nor did he play at the W/C (was he even in the squad?)

You really need to read the criteria SM give on player ratings. No-one is saying this is the best way but we all understand that this is SM's way, your arguments lack the understanding of the review process. There needs to be a clear criteria like this otherwise the review system simply wouldn't work.

EDIT: Here this should help, give it a read.

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/help.php?action=loadarticle&aid=28[/url]

this guy wants a mid table team striker with 9 goals to get 91 ?

you are so deluded.

i cba to even explain this.

fine you can argue he is a good player, but people accusing SM of being corrupt ( only justification is they are like fifa, and involved in football a pis poor argument at best.)

then you say you will quit the game ?

please do. no loss

Very amusing thread, although I know you're trying to be serious.

I would liken the Llorente rating to Darren Bent of Sunderland. People have been arguing for a while that Bent should rise. He is regularly in top 5 scorers of EPL, but as with Llorente the fact they play for clubs not featuring in Europe and neither regularly feature in their national teams means that they need to do more than those who do.

Both have a chance of a +1 rise this season, especially with the increased regularity of the SM reviews, but dont be surprised if they remain at 90 for as long as they do not feature in Europe or on a regular basis at International level.

Loving the passion of your argument but as others has stated thats just the way it is. SM state their criteria for ratings quite clearly and dont look to screw certain players over or annoy fans of some clubs, it is just their way of grading and rating thousands of players on a huge database as best and fairly as they can.

I think if you understand their methods you could see it is a pretty fair way of doing things. But as with real football it is a game of opinions and we all differ on some things, thats why we like it!

Hope for your sake he gets his +1 next changes :D

Some people need to calm down lol.. not every player on the data base is going to be the rating you want them to be, so somebody is always going to be dissapointed, if he didnt rise this time im sure he will next time around anyways :) now chill out, grab a beer and dont take it so seriously :D