Official Player Ratings Discussion Thread

Re: Official Player Ratings Discussion Thread

Then i'm sure you forgot about the qualification matches held over the span of two year' date='just for a spot in the 2010 FIFA World Cup.Which comprise of 204 out of the 208 FIFA national teams.;)[/quote']

The qualifying was finished before the main rating changes last year so your point is irelevent. Despite qualifying each group had a team that was already through basically before a game had been played.

Poor point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gareth Bale, Samir Nasri, Hernanes, these names, and many more, when mentioned on the forum will tend to be regarded as players whose current rating doesn't reflect their form and level of performance

gonna **** on everyones parade here cuz this thread is pointless.

sm are coming up short here on alot of their ratings. and its not as if there hard to miss, ex carrick , scholes/giggs, malouda,

nothing is going to be achieved here except moaning.

sm should employ maybe a few of the forum contributers when it comes to rating changes for countries, ex insider for brazil, and the utd/rangers fan that does a lot of english rating predictions.(cant think off hand of his user name)

they seem to know a lot more than the actual people in charge.

sm are coming up short here on alot of their ratings. and its not as if there hard to miss' date=' ex carrick , scholes/giggs, malouda,

nothing is going to be achieved here except moaning.[/b']

sm should employ maybe a few of the forum contributers when it comes to rating changes for countries, ex insider for brazil, and the utd/rangers fan that does a lot of english rating predictions.(cant think off hand of his user name)

Originally , this thread is not for people for moaning but discussed and give their view.

And if is this thread changed to "moaning rating thread" , it's better to moaning in 1 thread rather than make full forum with new threads is actually with same topics(like 5 or 6 people moaning why Nasri didn't rise and make new threads everyday)

sm are coming up short here on alot of their ratings. and its not as if there hard to miss' date=' ex carrick , scholes/giggs, malouda,

[i']nothing is going to be achieved here except moaning[/i].

The point of this thread was for lots of people to moan in one thread rather than lots of people moan in lots of threads which would do nothing but clog up the Player Discussion section of the forum... :rolleyes:

Obviously you didn't see any problem with dozens of threads moaning how unfair it was that Nasri, Malouda, Bale, Hernanes, Llorente etc. didn't get theri 'deserved' rises.

sm should employ maybe a few of the forum contributers when it comes to rating changes for countries' date=' ex insider for brazil, and the utd/rangers fan that does a lot of english rating predictions.(cant think off hand of his user name)

they seem to know a lot more than the actual people in charge.[/quote']

How would they be able to guarantee impartiality if they also play the game?

The point of this thread was for lots of people to moan in one thread rather than lots of people moan in lots of threads which would do nothing but clog up the Player Discussion section of the forum... :rolleyes:

Obviously you didn't see any problem with dozens of threads moaning how unfair it was that Nasri' date=' Malouda, Bale, Hernanes, Llorente etc. didn't get theri 'deserved' rises.[/quote']

Was there really that many threads of this ilk? The way I see it, people make these "bung everything in here" threads to get some sort of kudos for it, rather than for the reason they proclaim it to be for. Thats my opinion. They'll dress it up as being very helpful for the forum. But does it really need to be done? Really? I don't see it as a major problem, just an opportunity for a pat on the back from some forumers. As I've said before the problem with such threads is that they become huge - to such an extent where its actually difficult to follow. Or it'll go the other way - it will simply fade into the wilderness, just like the threads it professes to replace...

For me, the worst ratings were those of Llorente, Koscielny, Nasri, Malouda, Terry and Carrick. Llorente has been on fire this season and Bilbao have proven themselves to be one of the top sides in la liga, it's about time SM done away with Bilbao's 90 ratings cap. Also bear in mind that Madrid are on his tail. Koscielny has been decent this season, regularly starting for a top 4 team in the premier league. He's been sent off a couple of times but they were harsh imo. A rise to 89 would've been appropriate. If Nasri was playing for Barca he'd probably be a 95, but as SM seem to be Barca fanboys he stayed at 92. Malouda has been on fire for two seasons now, looking like a true top class player. He may have went off the boil a bit recently, but for the majority of the time he's been playing great. Definitely 93 quality. Terry dropping was imo VERY harsh. He's missed a few games this season, but when he does play he's SO important to Chelsea, as shown by their recent form without him. I can't think of any reason why he'd drop other than the World Cup, which wasn't his fault. How can he drop due to injury when players like Hargreaves kept his rating for donkeys' years? When when when will SM realise that Carrick isn't 92 material? He's barely played this season and even when he does play he sucks. There's no denying that.

Raings are the reason i wont pay to play this game

NASRI 92 - NO change

BUSQUETS 93 - UP 2

PEDRO 92 - UP 2

OZIL 93 -UP 2

Any simpleton can see its a farce at times.

Firstly, I'd say your username implies some bias on that front.

Secondly, I really don't see it as a farce. Remember that Busquets and Pedro were key players in a record-breaking season for a phenomenal Barcelona team, and this is before they played and won in the world cup. Ozil, meanwhile, was perhaps the best creative talent at the WC, and is now playing every game for a massive club.

People are saying "players shouldnt be assessed on just seven games", but I really don't think this is consistent with them then demanding a rise for Nasri on the basis of just 12 PL games.

So what's it to be? Refusal to acknowledge that Pedro has won a league title, and since then a world cup whilst also performing great in La Liga (totalling 17 games), means there is no reason for Nasri to be rated higher simply due to the last 12 games he has played.

Firstly' date=' I'd say your username implies some bias on that front.

Secondly, I really don't see it as a farce. Remember that Busquets and Pedro were key players in a record-breaking season for a phenomenal Barcelona team, and this is before they played and won in the world cup. Ozil, meanwhile, was perhaps the best creative talent at the WC, and is now playing every game for a massive club.

People are saying "players shouldnt be assessed on just seven games", but I really don't think this is consistent with them then demanding a rise for Nasri on the basis of just 12 PL games.

So what's it to be? Refusal to acknowledge that Pedro has won a league title, and since then a world cup whilst also performing great in La Liga (totalling 17 games), means there is no reason for Nasri to be rated higher simply due to the last 12 games he has played.[/quote']

Actually you have to base him on around 20 games including cup and europe games. I think the only reason SM didnt rise nasri was because they are going to review the league 3 times and they wanted to make sure he was a 93 rated player before rising him. I dont see why people are crying over his rating just wait for the next review im sure he will rise.:)

Was there really that many threads of this ilk? The way I see it' date=' people make these "bung everything in here" threads to get some sort of kudos for it, rather than for the reason they proclaim it to be for. Thats my opinion. They'll dress it up as being very helpful for the forum. But does it really need to be done? Really? I don't see it as a major problem, just an opportunity for a pat on the back from some forumers. As I've said before the problem with such threads is that they become huge - to such an extent where its actually difficult to follow. Or it'll go the other way - it will simply fade into the wilderness, just like the threads it professes to replace...[/quote']

1) Yes there were, the 'Player Ratings Predictions' threads was clogged up with them.

2) I made the thread because I was sick of not being able to find some of the worthwhile ones due to the 'front page' of the aforementioned section, not for some cynical forumer to post that I did it for kudos or for backslapping.

3) Any better suggestions? Unless you're happy with tons of 'samethreads' coexisting with little point. And people's qualms with ratings will fade (as they are given the appropriate rating or suffer a dip in form etc.), so like the 'Help with Deals' or 'Should I Buy, Sell or Keep' threads, earlier posts will be obslete.

4) I don't care how the thread ends, people can still choose to make threads if they want, this one offers an alternative which avoids unnecessarily cluttering up the forum. Don't give a toss tbh - at least I've tried to help. Given how long you've been on the forum and your post count it's clear that 'cluttering' isn't a problem for you, but if you regularly posted and encountered these threads you'd grow wearisome of them. It's a problem for some, just because it isn't a concern for you doesn't mean it isn't fro more active forumers.

Just to reiterate - this thread's purpose is to unclog the Player Discussion section of unnecessary threads. You can be as cynical as you want, but you can't alter my reasoning behind starting the thread...

just out of curiosity ' date=' what made this thread "Official"[/quote']

LOL.

Kinda gives more 'kudos' to my opinion! I just think its an opportunity for a backslap for making an "official" thread to bung ALL prediction qualms into.

My alternative? If you'd like to keep the discussion to one thread then don't respond the others that crop up, keep it in the first thread that appears if its really that big a deal. Searching through 100s of pages in a thread to my mind if far more cumbersome, and a bigger annoyance than seeing a couple of 4 post threads of the same ilk. At least you can quickly dimiss them and move on. They are easily identifiable. Whereas mammoth threads are so diffucult to keep up with as the topic changes from one day to the next, that I just lose interest in them, personally.

I don't post much, so its not like I'm taking a defensive stance here, its an observation that I felt compelled to comment though.

PS. I think people have to realise that "games" count going towards ratings is actually since the last time their section got rated. Yes? Not just this season therefore. ;)

Searching through 100s of pages in a thread to my mind if far more cumbersome' date=' and a bigger annoyance than seeing a couple of 4 post threads of the same ilk.[/quote']

How come the one thread has 100's of pages but the seperate threads are only two in number and only four posts long (so 8 posts in total, which is 1 page)?

I love how you both exaggerated and understated within one post to suit your argument. We all do it, it's just funny to see it done so blatantly.

Firstly' date=' I'd say your username implies some bias on that front.

So what's it to be? Refusal to acknowledge that Pedro has won a league title, and since then a world cup whilst also performing great in La Liga (totalling 17 games), means there is no reason for Nasri to be rated higher simply due to the last 12 games he has played.[/quote']

Some good points, this forum certainly suffers from memory lost. It wasn't that long ago people thought Nasri was over-rated. By all means if he keeps this form up for a good few months (i.e. 4 or 5) then a rise might be justifiable but he hasn't sustained this level of play for anywhere near long enough to warrant a 93. If he's good enough, he'll get it, SM has never been one to rush a decision. At best the majority of the suggestions are premature.

To kind of go off on a tangent but reiterate the point, there's a thread in the player discussion where someone is asking advice on whether to sign Rooney or Ibrahimovic (I'll let the author off as it's a genuine question and I believe he's new to SM) Some of the advice is careless at best. The vast majority before I posted advised Ibra as the hands-down better buy. Just underlines how fickle this forum has become. 6/7 months ago no-one would have said Ibra but purely because he has hit a couple months of better form now he's the better choice. Age, league, potential all disregarded as quickly as it took me to read the argument to have Ibra over Rooney which extended as far as 'Ibra is in better form'.

The forum has become so 'short-sighted' in general and this is the problem with the generic threads which are being made, demanding rises based on little, if any sustained form. This mentality needs to change and more patience employed. Rating's are a gradual process and some need to adjust the 'knee-jerk' reactions accordingly.

How come the one thread has 100's of pages but the seperate threads are only two in number and only four posts long (so 8 posts in total' date=' which is 1 page)?

I love how you both exaggerated and understated within one post to suit your argument. We all do it, it's just funny to see it done so blatantly.[/quote']

I think you are the one who has exaggerated. If Spam has proclaimed this thread to be the "Official" ratings discussion thread, and this is followed by the majority of forumers, then it stands to reason that inevitably there'll be 100s pages. Maybe I'll have to go back to Dr Spock for the definitive on this logic. I don't have a problem with the 1 thread 4 post efforts, but Spam does, enough to generate this thread, which I'm guessing if you combined all such threads right now and put them into this thread would quite easily amass the said 100s of pages. You need to re-read again before making such a flippant quip. I've said it'll go one of two ways: 1) 100s of pages (impossible to follow); 2) it will fade away like the threads it professes to replace.

A little more homework required before you take me on! lol

I think you are the one who has exaggerated. If Spam has proclaimed this thread to be the "Official" ratings discussion thread' date=' and this is followed by the majority of forumers, then it stands to reason that inevitably there'll be 100s pages. Maybe I'll have to go back to Dr Spock for the definitive on this logic. I don't have a problem with the 1 thread 4 post efforts, but Spam does, enough to generate this thread, which I'm guessing if you combined all such threads right now and put them into this thread would quite easily amass the said 100s of pages. You need to re-read again before making such a flippant quip. I've said it'll go one of two ways: 1) 100s of pages (impossible to follow); 2) it will fade away like the threads it professes to replace.

A little more homework required before you take me on! lol[/quote']

Haha, how have I exaggerated now?

In fairness I did get it right that the maths didn't really add up. I do know it was flippant but I DID say we all do it ( that we exaggerate to make a point - if I have told you that, I have told you a thousand times)

Don't take offence, it's not even important, I just found it funny (again, as I said in my post) ;)

On topic, I don't really care whether or not someone makes an 'Official' thread in an attempt to get it all in one place. I understand your point but I also understand the opposite view. I don't feel too strongly either way.

Haha' date=' how have I exaggerated now?

In fairness I did get it right that the maths didn't really add up. I do know it was flippant but I DID say we all do it ( that we exaggerate to make a point - if I have told you that, I have told you a thousand times)

Don't take offence, it's not even important, I just found it funny (again, as I said in my post) ;)

On topic, I don't really care whether or not someone makes an 'Official' thread in an attempt to get it all in one place. I understand your point but I also understand the opposite view. I don't feel too strongly either way.[/quote']

No offence taken, just enjoying a bit of 'jousting'! ;)

1) Given how long you've been on the forum and your post count it's clear that 'cluttering' isn't a problem for you' date=' but if you regularly posted and encountered these threads you'd grow wearisome of them. It's a problem for some, just because it isn't a concern for you doesn't mean it isn't fro more active forumers.[/quote']

Wow, I hate the "I've been here longer you noob so shut up" argument :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of instant-managers now are posting whole team lists asking for upgrades/ in depth tactics etc. Pretty soon there will be a couple sides that will be managed by the ppl who post :eek: not the manager.

hahaha, so true. whats the point of playing the game if u have to ask help with tactics and squads.