Soccermanager is 100% random! Or i'm not getting it!

str8jackit

Hey!

Here's the thing... Soccermanager is 100% random... why? Because I have the best team on the championship, and probably the best of the entire game, and still.. I just won ONE championship... and I always use the players on the right positions!

Here's my team:

GKs - Casillas(95) and Cech(94)

Defenders - Maicon(96), Pique(95), Sergio Ramos(94), Lahm(94), Dani Alves(94), Mertesacker(93)

Middlefields - Xabi Alonso(94), Fabregas(95), Sneijder(95)

Wings - Cristiano Ronaldo(98), Ribery(95), Benzema(93), Nasri(92)

Forwards - Messi(98), Fernando Torres(95), Pato(92)

I also have, Pastore, Di Maria, Badstuber, and many others, but those are for my Trophy Cup team.

My overall team score is 95, the stronguest one of the championship... how can i just keep ending 2nd all the time?!

Because it's random...

Re: Soccermanager is 100% random! Or i'm not getting it!

In sport, in football to be precise now, not always the best team/player win/s.

Where would be the charm if it will be like that? Anything in the world is relative.

Like in real football, in SM there are alot of vectors: tactics, strategies, form, morale, and so on.

Is not random, its just luck or badluck, like in any game you would ever play.

Isnt life surprising, tho?

In sport' date=' in football to be precise now, not always the best team/player win/s.

Where would be the charm if it will be like that? Anything in the world is relative.

Like in real football, in SM there are alot of vectors: tactics, strategies, form, morale, and so on.

Is not random, its just luck or badluck, like in any game you would ever play.

Isnt life surprising, tho?[/quote']

I agree with you 200% I have a Team you has a rating avrage of 94 and for whole 3 seasons I have been always in 3rd and 2nd poistions. I always do the tactics and I play 3-5-2 do you thing that it is beacuse of the 3-5-2 ????

Is it always the same club finishing above you?

If you are getting beaten consistently by unmanaged teams with a top squad like that then it probably is your tactics.

Study the managers tactics that is beating you and try to adjust your tactics to out wit them.

Look at the end of season league table and try to figure out if your team needs to score more to win or let in a lot less goals to not loose. To win the title you should be keeping a lot of clean sheets for example.

On you clubs schedule if there are to many 0-0 draws for you team you need to be scoring more ie attacking with more attacking players in the correct formation.

hope this helps.

You can put up a screenshot of the end of season league table if you want me to look at it.

I agree with you 200% I have a Team you has a rating avrage of 94 and for whole 3 seasons I have been always in 3rd and 2nd poistions. I always do the tactics and I play 3-5-2 do you thing that it is beacuse of the 3-5-2 ????

Are you using the same tactics & formation in every game? Using same tactic always results in opponents learning your way of playing and then try to counter you on your weak sides.

3-5-2: this formation relies mostly on the fullbacks and midfielders, so you have to have very good players in this position and to often rotate them. Also, this formation is v efficient against 2 strikers formations (ex. 4-4-2), and can have problems with opponents using just 1 striker up front (4-5-1 for ex).

So I dont recommend 3-5-2 anymore, because it was overused in the past and now modern game has versatile tactics that are more and more efficient in real football, I mean.

secret for you here matey without getting barred of site :D ..

hate people who dont tend there own house prior and just go on the rampage at others..

team like that and you cant win the league.. trust me mate its not smfa thats rubbish its you ;):P:D:):eek: ..

3-5-2 still works an absolute treat for me. ive had the most success with this formation.

try this:

tackling - normal

tempo - normal

pressing - own half

passing - short

mentality - normal

attacking style - depends where you are strongest if in midfield through the middle, if out wide on the flanks.

use playmaker, and targetman.

this should gain you lots of possession and equal in more goals scored for your team.

In sport' date=' in football to be precise now, not always the best team/player win/s.[/quote']

Yes, that's true, not ALWAYS the best team/player wins. But the MOST times, the best wins!

I agree that soccermanager is VERY random. And i also think that tactics in this game are MUCH MORE important than it should be. In real life, i don't think that, Barcelona for example, cares if the opponent uses 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, or if it attacks down the flanks, through the centre or whatever.

But in this game, you have a team of average XI 95, you use a normal tactic, but if you 'll become a winner or a loser against a 88-team, it depends on whether the 88-team uses 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 :mad:

I can understand why the system is so random, and why the tactics are sooo important, over the level they should be at. It's because otherwise, if the 95-team won the 88-team 8-9 times in 10 games (as it should be), then the game wouldn't be so interesting :) But still, it is wrong and non-realistic...

Yes' date=' that's true, not ALWAYS the best team/player wins. [b']But the MOST times, the best wins![/b]

I agree that soccermanager is VERY random. And i also think that tactics in this game are MUCH MORE important than it should be. In real life, i don't think that, Barcelona for example, cares if the opponent uses 3-5-2, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, or if it attacks down the flanks, through the centre or whatever.

But in this game, you have a team of average XI 95, you use a normal tactic, but if you 'll become a winner or a loser against a 88-team, it depends on whether the 88-team uses 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 :mad:

I can understand why the system is so random, and why the tactics are sooo important, over the level they should be at. It's because otherwise, if the 95-team won the 88-team 8-9 times in 10 games (as it should be), then the game wouldn't be so interesting :) But still, it is wrong and non-realistic...

In real life , Pep Guardiola & Mourinho always maybe take a look at the opponents match video & learn the opponent weaknesses n strong , they decided the tactics they team playey based on what them learn , they will do an attack at their opponent weakness & the opponent is will do their best to make a tactics can minimize their weaknesses ..

So , tactics is very important , without a best tactics(come from good manager sure) the teams will suffers a defeat

In real life ' date=' Pep Guardiola & Mourinho always maybe take a look at the opponents match video & learn the opponent weaknesses n strong , they decided the tactics they team playey based on what them learn , they will do an attack at their opponent weakness & the opponent is will do their best to make a tactics can minimize their weaknesses ..

So , tactics is very important , without a best tactics(come from good manager sure) the teams will suffers a defeat[/quote']

Guardiola ALWAYS uses 4-3-3. And Mourinho at Real ALWAYS uses 4-2-3-1.

Of course they study their opponents, and yes, they give certain instructions to each player separately, depending on the opponent. (Anyway this is something we CAN'T do in soccermanager, we don't have this option!)

But their main tactics is 99% the same: 4-3-3 for Barcelona, 4-2-3-1 for Real. And they win 9 out of their 10 games (and more...), using always the same tactics and regardless if the other manager uses 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 3-5-2, 5-4-1 or whatever...

That's my point. And this is something which is NOT happening in SM, and makes the game more unrealistic.

Some results are just laughable. (For example, Barcelona- Panathinaikos 1-4, possession 50-50 :eek::eek:, with players almost same as in real life. Just because Barcelona played a 4-3-3 mentality-offensive, and Panathinaikos a 4-5-1-defensive. In real life, under the same conditions, the result was 5-1, 70+% possession for Barcelona and playing in high intense only for the first 60'...)

But again, as i said i can understand why this UNREAL situation exists in the game ;):)

Guardiola ALWAYS uses 4-3-3. And Mourinho at Real ALWAYS uses 4-2-3-1.)

I wanted to discuss this very good point in the 'Second season syndrome' thread. In SM it seems very difficult to use the same formation/system over many seasons and keep winning...

Examples

Last season with Barcelona: 433 winning 2 trophies

Last season with Brazil: 4231 winning the World Cup

New season with Barcelona: Same tactics, no wins yet, no goals scored. No possession.

New season with Brazil: Same tactics, 1 draw against Ghana and 1 defeat against Cyprus :eek:

It makes the game interesting though, otherwise all the top teams would just turn up and win.

New season with Barcelona: Same tactics' date=' no wins yet, no goals scored. No possession.

New season with Brazil: Same tactics, 1 draw against Ghana and 1 defeat against Cyprus :eek:[/quote']

Yes, it makes the game more interesting, but it also makes it laughable and/or frustating, when this happens all the time. Those you 've mentioned above should be the (very) rare exceptions (like in real life) and not the rule...

Afterall, the vast majority of the managers spend many hours and put much effort in finding and signing good players and improving their team. If they discover at the end that all this effort was for nothing, many will be disappointed...

Sure, some results are a little surprising but the game is far from 100% random. In a league (Eng Championship 1548) which is highly populated and competitive I have managed to get Grimsby successive promotions and now two straight Div1 titles ahead of the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd. I did this, primarily, using the same tactic but paying particular attention to players fitness, form and morale - rotating around cup games to keep everyone fresh for the league.

Could I just be lucky? Well, no. In the same league I convinced my wife to sign up and have been advising her on tactics (not the same ones I use) and player strategy. Other than that help I have given her no 'dodgy' assistance such as buying or selling players between clubs. Now, 6 seasons in, we have the two highest points per game averages in the gameworld...

During these seasons we've both had rough patches - they happen. All of a sudden you start going on losing streaks, getting beaten week-in, week-out by teams you should be destroying. I used to get angry with these and go about changing loads of things to try and turn my form around but nowadays I accept that's just how the game works and, most likely, it'll happen to everyone else in the league at some stage in the season.

For my money, 3-5-2 is still the most effective tactic in MOST situations but can come unstuck against conventional 4-4-2's.

Hey!

Here's the thing... Soccermanager is 100% random... why? Because I have the best team on the championship' date=' and probably the best of the entire game, and still.. I just won ONE championship... and I always use the players on the right positions!

Here's my team:

GKs - Casillas(95) and Cech(94)

Defenders - Maicon(96), Pique(95), Sergio Ramos(94), Lahm(94), Dani Alves(94), Mertesacker(93)

Middlefields - Xabi Alonso(94), Fabregas(95), Sneijder(95)

Wings - Cristiano Ronaldo(98), Ribery(95), Benzema(93), Nasri(92)

Forwards - Messi(98), Fernando Torres(95), Pato(92)

I also have, Pastore, Di Maria, Badstuber, and many others, but those are for my Trophy Cup team.

My overall team score is 95, the stronguest one of the championship... how can i just keep ending 2nd all the time?!

Because it's random...[/quote']

Its amazing, people don't do as good as they think they are and instantly blame the game. If it was random, it would be equally random for everyone so it would even itself out. I've the best team i cant win boo hoo hoo and a final thought. That is not the best team in the game. The best team would win trophies. Something that you obviously cant. Forgive my harshness, i'm just sick of all this complaining, I have probably a better team and even though i win the league about half of the seasons, the seasons i don't win doesn't see me on the forum blaming the game.

Its amazing' date=' people don't do as good as they think they are and instantly blame the game. If it was random, it would be equally random for everyone so it would even itself out. I've the best team i cant win boo hoo hoo and a final thought. That is not the best team in the game. The best team would win trophies. Something that you obviously cant. Forgive my harshness, i'm just sick of all this complaining, I have probably a better team and even though i win the league about half of the seasons, the seasons i don't win doesn't see me on the forum blaming the game.[/quote']

Personally I blame the wikileaks guy anytime I lose, before it was the MAN!:rolleyes:

Are your players new to the club? Could it be possible that they need time to gel together? You have a team of superstars - Would all of those players get on well at a real life club and play well together? What is your squad like overall? The Morale could be an issue if you have players of 98 ratings and then others of 85.

ps. Why did you not sign Kaka to complete the set? :(