andre_wisdom.jpg

Position: CB/RB/CM

Rating: Not on Database

Nationality: English

Date of Birth: 9th May 1993 (Aged 17)

Club: Liverpool

Squad Number: #47

Strengths: Heading, Strength, Versatility

Andre Wisdom is somebody who'll certainly be quiet a familiar face as an English defender in a few years time. He's only 17, but his talent and his potential is starting to shine through already and it might not be too long before we say a debut from this kid in English football. He was snapped up by Liverpool from Bradford, when he was just 14, with plenty of sides looking to seal his signature at that time and since then he's just got on with things at Liverpool and improved his game a lot. Whether it's a low key Europa League/Domestic cup game at Liverpool, or out on loan to a lower league club it shouldn't be long before he starts to make his name in English football. In August he signed a proffesional contract at Liverpool, and he featured in a few friendlies for Liverpool, so he can't be too far of a suprise debut for Liverpool with the likes of Amoo, Shelvey, Pacheco, Spearing, Wilson & Kelly just a few of the young players who have been picking up gametime at Liverpool. Wisdom is having mixed times in the Liverpool reserves, whenever he's selected he plays the 90 minutes, and when he doesn't play at all, he hasn't even an unused substiute. I'm asuming he's injured as he got a run of games, and hasn't even been an un-used sub after that, so i'm just assuming he's injured but there's not enough information to tell me for definate that he's injured at this moment in time.

copy_of_080726-068-liverpool_plymouth.jpg

Andre Wisdom appearing in a friendly for Liverpool in pre-season

He's future's not just reliant on how he does for Liverpool either, despite being two years younger then the maximum age for the side, Wisdom has been a frequent member of the England U17's squad recentley. And he was part of the side that won the U17's European Championships in the summer, and as a result he's been moved up to the England U19's squad which is a big break for Wisdom. Playing as recentley for the U19's as in some recent matches in October, as England played a couple of friendlies against Cyprus, Belguim & Albania. He's been very impressive alongside the likes of Connor Wickham who's been on the back of reported £3 million bids. Wisdom himself has made four appearance for the U19's, despite not turning 18 untill May and it looks like he could be a frequent member of the U19 squad's for sometime. He's been playing very well alongside Chelsea talent Nathaniel Chalobah in the U17's and although he's not made the step up to the U19's along with Wisdom he played very well alongside him. Chalobah himself is only 15 years old and it looks like a possible future England International partnership if things go well for both players. Both have been playing very well for England U17's, and have both been picked out as key players for the England squad for the U17's. He's also had a spell for the England U16 team, with two games for the U16's. Wisdom has had quiet a remarkable record for England when playing, at U16, U17 & U19 level. Playing 21 times in all, winning 17, drawing 3 and loosing on just 1 occasion in an England shirt at any age level.

article-1282660-09D3489E000005DC-304_468x295.jpg

Future English International Centre-Back Partnership?

England U19 Appearances: 4

England U19 Goals: 0

England U17 Appearances: 15

England U17 Goals: 3

England U16 Appearances: 2

England U16 Goals: 0

Liverpool Appearances: 0

Liverpool Goals: 0

Reserve Appearances 2010/2011: 3

Reserve Goals 2010/2011: 0

Wisdom In Action

_wFeZjwQdR8

European U17's Final 2010 | Wisdom goal on 0:40 seconds

Last Updated: 12/12/2010

Re: Andre Wisdom - 17 Year Old Liverpool Talent

Wisdom In Action

_wFeZjwQdR8

Wisdoms goal, 0:40s

Ofcourse, Wisdom scored in the U17's European Championship for England in there 21 win over Spain and there's his goal on 40 seconds. It was a strong header to level the scoring, before Connor Wickham's second half winner.

• 4 months later...

Well he's a regular for the England U19's it seems, with the likes of Josh Thompson, Steven Caulker and Phil Jones to compete with. They're all rated 80 or higher, so it seems this lad is going to be something special, with 80 rated potential before he's even been added to the database :)

Will he get a first team game ahead of Flanagan?

He seems to be more of a centre-back then a right-back but i'm sure next season he will be getting games like the likes of Jack Robinson and Flanagan. In the future i would bet against Wisdom going further than Flanagan myself, although it is a long way down the line.

• 2 months later...

ah already a thread on him...

the guy is a beast. watched him pre season so far and is defo one for the future. was at right back v guandong and was solid. impressed me with his determination and recovery if he made an error. He was well turned by the best player on their side, the winger who scored, but he recovered to make a good tackle in the box. Might take a couple seasons to see him in the first team, due to the competition ahead of him at CB, but im excited about him.

ah already a thread on him...

the guy is a beast. watched him pre season so far and is defo one for the future. was at right back v guandong and was solid. impressed me with his determination and recovery if he made an error. He was well turned by the best player on their side' date=' the winger who scored, but he recovered to make a good tackle in the box. Might take a couple seasons to see him in the first team, due to the competition ahead of him at CB, but im excited about him.[/quote']

Good to hear :) I've heard onlygreat things about him so far.

Flanagan and Robinson broke in to the defence last season, and i think he might get a couple of games at Liverpool whether it be in cup competitions or just a run off the bench towards the end of the season :)

Good to hear :) I've heard onlygreat things about him so far.

Flanagan and Robinson broke in to the defence last season' date=' and i think he might get a couple of games at Liverpool whether it be in cup competitions or just a run off the bench towards the end of the season :)[/quote']

Prob not as Danny wilson seems to be the youth player who steps in.hv to see.

• 1 year later...