Ryo Miyaichi

arsenalrocs

Ryo Miyaichi

Miyaichi3.jpg

The date today is December 14 2010. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. Okay maybe not that long. Since 20th November. This is the day when Japanese starlet Ryo Miyaichi will sign a five year development contract with Arsenal. Ryo impressed during a trial with Arsenal during pre season. Then only 17, Ryo was playing in a friendly match with the reserves against Boreham Wood and AFC Wimbledon.

Ryo-Miyaichi-to-join-Arsenal-e1290504911487.png

This Japanese winger impressed greatly in the 3-0 win against Boreham Wood. Throughout the match the fullback non-stop on the left flank. His pace, and dribbling ability was enough to scare the defender away I assume. Against AFC Wimbledon he was less impressive but I think Mr Wenger had seen enough of this Japanese's direct style of play and skill on the ball.

Ryo-Miyachi-Ajax.jpg

After which, he went to the Netherlands to have another trial with Dutch giants Ajax. Unfortunately, in a game against SVV Schveningen he suffered a double break to his fibula after being on the receiving end of a bad tackle. The injury wasn't as bad as first feared though. Wenger swooped in immediately after he finished his trial run.

g100902miyaichi-92417167--128340698657583500.jpg

He has also shined on the international scene. In the U-17 World Cup, the Japanese team had a disappointing campaign. One of the sparks that shone the brightest was this now 18 year old Ryo Miyaichi.

I think the decision to choose between Arsenal and Ajax was a lot easier than he stated it to be.

“Mr Wenger told me that Arsenal is my home and I that should learn some English and come back soon. It was difficult to choose between Arsenal and Ajax, but Arsenal wanted me the most”

With more and more Asian players impressing these days, Miyaichi could well prove to be a vital coup for Arsenal.

Comparable to:Arshavin

Andrei_Arshavin_35443t.jpg

Just my opinion but he does look a little like Arshavin doesn't he? His style of play definitely compares him to Arshavin. Arshavin is known to have great dribbling ability and can work his magic with the ball at his feet. He is pretty fast too. They are strong on both feet too. Maybe the only difference is that Miyaichi is 1.80m while Arshavin is 1.72m. Ryo fits into style of Arsenal's play and his quick pace would be an important asset in him adapting to the fast paced English game. Not forgetting that he has a real eye for goal. He even got injured in his trial game with Ajax. I mean Arsenal players are kind of "fragile" no? But his physical aspects of the game does leave much to be desired. In any case watch out for him. Definitely something promising.

ooIzMQ7He_s&feature=player_embedded

Re: Ryo Miyaichi

I regually look for Japanese players as i am a big fan of the J:League but Rio hasn't got any J:League experience, only college football, this is slightly worrying because Kagawa adapted because he showed over a few years he was consistant in the J:League, i just feel its a MASSIVE jump from College football to Arsenal and would take quite a few years for him to even make any impression, a talent nonetheless but from what i've seen he doesnt seem very strong and could struggle but i hope he does well, and that Arsene doesnt ruin his career like many of Youngsters have had happen to them, Nortviet/Vela etc..

I regually look for Japanese players as i am a big fan of the J:League but Rio hasn't got any J:League experience' date=' only college football, this is slightly worrying because Kagawa adapted because he showed over a few years he was consistant in the J:League, i just feel its a MASSIVE jump from College football to Arsenal and would take quite a few years for him to even make any impression, a talent nonetheless but from what i've seen he doesnt seem very strong and could struggle but i hope he does well, and that Arsene doesnt ruin his career like many of Youngsters have had happen to them, Nortviet/Vela etc..[/quote']

Get stuffed. Only so many players can play and if they are not good enough and take the chances they do get then they are better off moving on. Example is that Nordtviet is likely to leave, he isnt ruined, he is still very young. Arsenal not giving chances to youngsters, you are having a laugh.

• 1 month later...

Ryo Miyaichi; one to watch.

Hi guys,

Apologies if he's been brought up before, but I just thought I'd throw this out. Ryo Miyaichi is a pacy, strong, tall striker who signed for Arsenal in December. He's just been loaned out to Feyenoord to gain some first team experience, and BIG things are expected of him.

He's not on the db just yet, but I can't imagine it will be too long before he is, so snap him up. Apparently, Arsene Wenger's vast scouting network alerted him to the Japanese youngsters talents and after taking time to study the young forward, snapped him up. He's only just turned 18 and really is one for the future.

Should go on the db at 75 but if he makes a mark at Feyenoord, he will definitely be 78-83 by the end of the season. That's IF he gets the opportunity and takes it.

Cheers,

P

Re: Ryo Miyaichi; one to watch.

You must be joking?
Well he's not on db so I think you have made it up troll.

Me ayta ta dyo mynimata exeis deiksei oti:

1) Eisai asxetos apo diethnes podosfairo, kai EIDIKA oson afora neara talenta, efoson den gnorizes kan (!) tin yparksi aytou toy paikti.

2) Eisai neos sto paixnidi i/kai den asxoleisai poly me ayto.

3) Den mpaineis kan ston kopo na diavaseis kala kai na ANTILIFTHEIS ti akrivos grafoun oi alloi! To eipe kathara to paidi, to anefere sto mynima toy, oti milouse gia paikti pou den yparxei akomi sti database!

Asxoleisou ligo perissotero me to athlima pou legetai "podosfairo", meta asxoleisou perissotero me ayto to paixnidi an se endiaferei, mathe to KALA, KAI META NA VGEIS KAI NA MILAS KAI NA KANEIS KRITIKH SE MYNIMATA ALLON! DEN FTANEI POU EISAI ASXETOS, PAS NA MAS PARISTANEIS KAI TON EKSYPNO KAI NA KOROIDEPSEIS ALLOUS!!

• 2 weeks later...

RyoMiyaichi_2563142.jpg

So just an update on his progress so far. He had his debut against Vitesse and played the full 90 minutes and had an impressive debut. Just a video on his debut performance. He started out on the right flank. Later in the game he seems to switch to the left flank. You can see in the video that he often uses his pace to out run his opponents. Some great skill on the ball is also shown.

kopV8YTBwaQ

Ryo+Miyaichi+Feyenoord+v+Heracles+hVK8wCUuIW9l.jpg

In his second game against Hercules Almelo, he scored a goal. He did well to control the ball on his chest and bring it down to his left foot to strike home.

9EhtwEjkPbE

In his third game against AOD Den Haag, he was "punched"/body checked in the face by a Den Haag player Ahmed Ammi. Ryo did well to not retaliate and stay out of the scene. The second video is highlights for his game against Den Haag.

6PbE2PCkYBE

cqhsunMOWKQ&feature

109032012_crop_340x234.jpg?1297652541

Ryo has been called Ryodinho by the Dutch media in connection to Ronaldinho. From a high school to the top Dutch league, Ryo is really an amazing talent in being able to make the transition so comfortably. If this is his raw talent, how will he look like when he's the finished product?

• 2 months later...