player of the year award flaw.

right, fabiano in wc 7130 got player of the year award. average rating 8.09 and 11 Apps.

my eto'o got 8.09 over 37 games. so is more consistent by getting the same over more games. eto'o wins here then.

fabiano 8 goals, 4 assists, 3 MoM

eto 14 goals, 16 assists, 11MoM

why has fabiano got this award ?

same rating so they just picked at random ? it is clear to me the player who played more consistently, got more goals, more assists and more MoM awards SURELY has to get this award !

not a big bug or anything, just a little strange......

Re: player of the year award flaw.

I agree with you, but I'm sure it even works that way in real life :D

right' date=' fabiano in wc 7130 got player of the year award. average rating 8.09 and 11 Apps.

my eto'o got 8.09 over 37 games. so is more consistent by getting the same over more games. eto'o wins here then.

same rating so they just picked at random ? it is clear to me the player who played more consistently, got more goals, more assists and more MoM awards SURELY has to get this award !

not a big bug or anything, just a little strange......[/quote']

right' date=' fabiano in wc 7130 got player of the year award. average rating 8.09 and 11 Apps.

Agree with you deff.TOttenham hotspur last season won the division 1 and His players torres had for about 20 goals in 30 games and Defoe had 5 goals in 6 matches and his defoe was player of the year.Torres was best scorer and he had best avrage preform and he was 5,6 in assists..

Well, there basically are 2 possibilities, either it's random as soon as 2 players have the same avg rating, or there could be a slight difference in the exact number, meaning Fabiano had something like 8.088888, while Eto'o's (is that really how you'd spell it?) rating was something like 8.086 or so.

Either way, does it really matter other than that you get one more club message?

I agree that its very unusual in this case, but its not unheard of for more consistent players to be overlooked due to someone putting in a late "spurt" in real life. For example if those 11 apps were at the end of the season and resulted in that team winning the league, then it might be that the award would be for that. Just speculating, its probably just a minor bug :)

In real life ' date=' in that situation , in any league , Eto'o will win the award with no doubt.[/quote']

Last season:

David Villa - 22 - 8.41

was beaten by

Angel Di Maria - 6 - 9.00

for POTS. The top 9 were all playing for Tottenham, and only 3 of them had played more than 7 games... But the guy had an unbeaten season so that's that, and it's noteworthy that i loaned Spurs Di Maria! :D

EDIT: Nothing wrong with the system, it's just that to be given an 'average appearance' a player neess to play in 6 games, so whether the top rating is achieved by playing 6 games or every game, at the end of the day the highest average is the best. I don't see it as a great reflection though, because I don't have a great deal of confidence in the Match Engine. :o

Well fabiano had a point per game while etoo didn't that is why fabiano won. In reality Etoo wouldn't win, because they normally give it to the best guy, thus meaning someone who gets a point per game, no matter how many games played is better than someone who doesn't and plays all games.

Well fabiano had a point per game while etoo didn't that is why fabiano won. In reality Etoo wouldn't win' date=' because they normally give it to the best guy, thus meaning someone who gets a point per game, no matter how many games played is better than someone who doesn't and plays all games.[/quote']

a point per game ?

what ?

my point is the flaw in the system allows a player to replace somebody for a short term injury as fabiano did and then get player of the season..

player of the season = has to play for at least half the season.

unless you get 20 goals in the second half but he didnt

a point per game ?

what ?

my point is the flaw in the system allows a player to replace somebody for a short term injury as fabiano did and then get player of the season..

Player of the year doesn't mean he has to play half the season. As long as he plays and is the biggest impact of the team at crucial time, he can be nominated for player of the year and still win!

a point per game ?

what ?

A point per game reflects a common rating system used in various countries (although not so much England hence your surprise) to assess attacking player's success rate. A goal or an assist is given 1pt (although there are variations where a goal is given two points). On that basis Eto'o's 12pts (8 goals and 4 assists) in 11 games gives him an average over 1pt/game.

Personally, I agree with Phil in that the player of the season does not give an actual award or something on the players history page as a keepsake so I'm not sure it's that important. Also in real life situations, it's not always the player who has played consistently well and in most games throughout the season who wins the award and it can be someone who has only played part of a season, but well, who could win the award - you only have to think of Ryan Giggs in 2008/09 in the EPL :) . There are other such examples too across the continent and particularly in continental player of the year nominees.

Fabiano has played less games and this is the way sm work it.

I Remember Van Persie had scored 33 in 38 games for me and Messi had scored 7 in 9 matches and he got player of the year lol.

Are we talking player of the year for the club' date=' the division or the league (haven't completed a full season yet)?[/quote']

you get player of the season / i dont know what it is called but the player with best average rating at the end of the season gets the message in the inbox.