Sign in to follow this  
Jack-THFC

Rap Music

Re: Rap Music

Anybody else heard about the Jay Z/Lil Wayne beef?
Yah man' date=' heard he threatened to kidnap beyonce on his new song or something[/quote']
Jay Z said on "HAM";

I'm like really' date=' half a billi [i']dude[/i]

you dudes have got baby money,

dudes talking cash, they aint even got my lady's money

something along those lines

Then Lil Wayne replied

Baby money? I got your baby money,

Kidnap your chick, and get that "how much you love your lady?" money.

On his new track "It's Good".

Wasnt the reference about Baby Money a ref to Birdman of Cash Money?

But the beef with Lil' Wayne were stoked at the MTV VMA's - Nicki Minaj acknowledging Lil Wayne by "stealing" Jay-z's self title of "best rapper alive" in her acceptance speech.

Has there been shots between them (Jay and Wayne) for well over a year though? Seem to remember hassles this time in 2010 - maybe even before that?

Wasnt the reference about Baby Money a ref to Birdman of Cash Money?

But the beef with Lil' Wayne were stoked at the MTV VMA's - Nicki Minaj acknowledging Lil Wayne by "stealing" Jay-z's self title of "best rapper alive" in her acceptance speech.

Has there been shots between them (Jay and Wayne) for well over a year though? Seem to remember hassles this time in 2010 - maybe even before that?

Yeahh its been way back even though they've collab'ed before.

And it was a shot at Baby and Young money (young money.. baby money) and slightly at Wayne,

Baby was asked who he thinks the best rapper is, and he said Weezy, because he earns the most amount through music, and Jay Z got the wrong end of the stick I think

JUST heard that' date=' was about to post it.

Best rapper in the UK.[/quote']

Skepta, Dot Rotten, Klashnekoff, Lowkey, Ghetts are on a whole other level to him, even Dizzee is better than him.

Are you mad? Loweky' date=' Dappy, Tinchy - to name a few are much better then Chip.[/quote']

Dappy and Chip are on the same level of rubbish, Frazer or whatever his name is in N-Dubz is a far better rapper than that idiot Dappy.

Yeahh its been way back even though they've collab'ed before.

And it was a shot at Baby and Young money (young money.. baby money) and slightly at Wayne' date='

Baby was asked who he thinks the best rapper is, and he said Weezy, because he earns the most amount through music, and Jay Z got the wrong end of the stick I think[/quote']

Yeah, thats it. To be honest I dont think any of this really qualifies as beef though - it's like Beef Lite, served warm.

Skepta' date=' Dot Rotten, Klashnekoff, Lowkey, Ghetts are on a whole other level to him, even Dizzee is better than him.

Dappy and Chip are on the same level of rubbish, Frazer or whatever his name is in N-Dubz is a far better rapper than that idiot Dappy.[/quote']

I dont like grime tbh, and none of them have quirky punchlines/metaphors like Chippy, or a flow like him, all of those mentioned have a flow that bores me after a while.

Frazers good, but untill he puts in work, and goes in hard on a number of songs, I wont rate him better than Chip

Dappy's punch lines are so basic, it actually annoys me.

A matter of opinion though.

Yeah' date=' thats it. To be honest I dont think any of this really qualifies as beef though - it's like Beef Lite, served warm.[/quote']

Lol yeahh, its watery protein shake.

I dont like grime tbh' date=' and none of them have quirky punchlines/metaphors like Chippy, or a flow like him, all of those mentioned have a flow that bores me after a while.

Frazers good, but untill he puts in work, and goes in hard on a number of songs, I wont rate him better than Chip

Dappy's punch lines are so basic, it actually annoys me.

A matter of opinion though.[/quote']

Me neither - Grime aint my thing. Dappy, from what I've heard just strikes me as every 14 year olds impression of an mc - or like a Sacha Baron Cohen character - a cliche' ridden pretend lyricist in a white mans urban outfit. That whole vibe is enough to put me off so I will admit to having limited exposure to his flow. I cant see that changing any time soon.

Lol yeahh' date=' its watery protein shake.[/quote']

Salty mouth wash all the way

Skepta' date=' Dot Rotten, Klashnekoff, Lowkey, Ghetts are on a whole other level to him, even Dizzee is better than him.

Dappy and Chip are on the same level of rubbish, Frazer or whatever his name is in N-Dubz is a far better rapper than that idiot Dappy.[/quote']

Thats your opinion, as I think Dappy is way better then Frazer.. different opinions I guess or maybe its because I'm hooked to this song atm:D

WoImizvsj5w&ob=av2e

8YvkmKISsj0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

First time I heard 'Tre Mission' and he goes innnnnn, and this is why he is clashing Sox, who isn't the best but I do like listening to him on the odd occasion:

QVcjSqMskSM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

8YvkmKISsj0&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

First time I heard 'Tre Mission' and he goes innnnnn' date=' and this is why he is clashing Sox, who isn't the best but I do like listening to him on the odd occasion:

[YOUTUBE']QVcjSqMskSM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/YOUTUBE]

Those two songs symbolise the reason why I dislike grime.

Yeah' date=' I'm not criticizing the song, I'm just curious of how it got a million views in a matter of 12 hours lol[/quote']

Lol oh :P Yeahh that suprised me aswell, but EVERYYYBODDYY has been sharing it on twitter and FB, and people have probably listened to it like 50 times each, so that mighta helped lol

EDIT; At 3mil views now...

Any of you guys heard any Steady B from back in the day? This dude is serving life in prison for murdering a female officer whilst he was the getaway driver in a bank job - he is def real. Although his sound has become more limited over time, he was on point back then and, whilst most of his stuff was radio friendly, he had a little edge.

p9qiwvriVZE

7qj3aaSMti0

c0zX0C-xrKE

1ms3GP4C-NA

The first 3 are alright, 4th is decent and the rest of the recent songs are just sh!t.

So I started to listen to some old songs I always abused the replay button on :D

tCVT7tqO-YA

YVkUvmDQ3HY&ob

I like Eminem's newer songs but his old stuff was 100x better :D

VkuHwuo9jJM

_WYO5EGTY-o

pNHLobxZsHA

10DPtQDaTqM

YY_y6eyNCbo

-TX6o7R8LSg

P3oBZ4_TNys

I could be here all day lol, these songs are much better than Not Afraid etc. and the Tupac song I never get tired of listening to :D