The Official Leeds United FC

Re: Leeds United FC

Another arm chair fan passes his judgement on something that he will never understand, supporting a club. I'm surprised you've even heard of Leeds we're such a small club, let alone understand the rivalry between the two clubs when you're not even in the country and have visited Old Trafford a rather embarrassing once.

Mate, I've often agreed with your posts around the forum, but really, what was the need? You can't criticise Leeds fans when you haven't been within spittings distance of Elland Road. You throw out your thoughts when you really have nothing behind them to support them in anyway way at all. All you are doing is following a rivalry that you don't understand, and most probably never will.

About Showumni, never rated the lad, but hope he's OK nevertheless.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

Another arm chair fan passes his judgement on something that he will never understand' date=' supporting a club. I'm surprised you've even heard of Leeds we're such a small club, let alone understand the rivalry between the two clubs when you're not even in the country and have visited Old Trafford a rather embarrassing once.

Mate, I've often agreed with your posts around the forum, but really, what was the need? You can't criticise Leeds fans when you haven't been within spittings distance of Elland Road. You throw out your thoughts when you really have nothing behind them to support them in anyway way at all. All you are doing is following a rivalry that you don't understand, and most probably never will.

About Showumni, never rated the lad, but hope he's OK nevertheless.[/quote']

As if that makes you a better fan. I visit Manchester every year to see my family and where do you get the 'once' from?The once I mentioned was before I left Manchester. I have visited OT lots of times but at times it's not possible as tickets aren't available unlike elland road where the stadium is half empty most of the time....

Just because you go and see every Leeds game your a better fan. Leeds fan's are certainly deluded. I value my studies a lot more than shifting from country to country...

I don't understand the rivalry:confused: Another presumtious Leeds fan:rolleyes:

REDDEVIL, stop your useless POINTLESS posts please...

There is posting an opinion, and then there is being silly... You are doing the latter...

I will continue to delete every post that you make... Up to you if you want to waste my time like that...

We know you hate Leeds and Leeds fans.... No need to keep saying it...

P[LEASE JUST STOP!

Don't reply on this thread, if you feel you have to reply... PM me please...

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Last week, people were understandably unhappy with King Kolo for repeatedly going off-topic and slagging Leeds. Why, Red Devil FC, do you just ignore what everyone said and criticise Leeds at every given opportunity ?

Most of the time, I enjoy reading your posts but I think you should leave it.

As if that makes you a better fan. I visit Manchester every year to see my family and where do you get the 'once' from?The once I mentioned was before I left Manchester. I have visited OT lots of times but at times it's not possible as tickets aren't available unlike elland road where the stadium is half empty most of the time....

Just because you go and see every Leeds game your a better fan. Leeds fan's are certainly deluded. I value my studies a lot more than shifting from country to country...

I don't understand the rivalry:confused: Another presumtious Leeds fan:rolleyes:

Dead right it makes me a better fan. Yes there are available tickets at Elland road, just as there would be at Old Trafford if you were in our position. It is mainly due to the fact that we are playing a poor standard of football and the prices are somewhat inflated. Good on you for valuing your studies, but you can't exactly call yourself a die-hard fan when you attending what, one game a season?

Deluded?, no, we just choose to support a team that is rich in heritage and means a lot to us, rather than a certain element of fans who prefer a full trophy cabinet to a love and pride for their team. How can you understand the rivalry? How many Leeds vs Man U games have you been to? Sure, you might check stories on the internet, or listen to other peoples opinions, and gain a personal opinion that way, but if we are honest, you know FA about where it has come from and what it is like.

Another presumtious Leeds fan? Behave.

I hate to say it, but he is right about one thing. You don't have to live in the city to be a real fan. If that's the case, then there are a lot of us who are not allowed to be fans at all. Closest established professionnal team (and even they are semi-pro I think) are 8 hours away, in a totally different province and in a city that I hate.

Chose Atletico a long time ago. Never gave up on them. Hardly ever miss a game.

Dare call yourselves better fans than I. I think not.

I hate to say it' date=' but he is right about one thing. You don't have to live in the city to be a real fan. If that's the case, then there are a lot of us who are not allowed to be fans at all. Closest established professionnal team (and even they are semi-pro I think) are 8 hours away, in a totally different province and in a city that I hate.

Dare call yourselves better fans than I. I think [u']not[/u].

I also agree that you don't have to live in the City of the club you support...

If I did only support the team in the town I grew up in, I would be supporting a team of fat cocaine addicts called Brecon Corries...

Everyone should have a right to support a team that plays better than their local team... Yes I do support Cardiff as I was brought up near to the City but I also CHOSE to support the Toon after living there for a year or two...

I wouldn't like to be called "Not a true fan" now as I don't live near either.....

Oh yeah... I LOVE LEEDS! ;):D

I hate to say it' date=' but he is right about one thing. You don't have to live in the city to be a real fan. If that's the case, then there are a lot of us who are not allowed to be fans at all. Closest established professionnal team (and even they are semi-pro I think) are 8 hours away, in a totally different province and in a city that I hate.

Dare call yourselves better fans than I. I think [u']not[/u].

I agree. I would call myself a 'die-hard' fan - I love the club, I'm always checking the score and I always know what's going on. I hate it when we lose - check this thread to see how passionate I am (Having a go at Leeds is my way of being passionate lol, I just get really angry when we lose). But I have never lived in Leeds. My dad's dad was a Leeds fan, so my dad got it from him, and I get it from my dad - I grew up watching Leeds with Leeds everything - curtains, clocks, kits, etc.

And I rarely go to a game - although that's mainly because, being 15, I'm unable to make my own way there and I live hours away.

My intention was never to insult those that cannot for one reason or another attend games. My point was about the rivalry between them and us, as it will be between the worlds greatest rivals, like your own team mark and Real. I am not denying the magnitude of your sport for Atletico, just because you don't go to the games. What I am saying is that rivalries so deep and bitter cannot be experienced from a television set. Reddevil came onto this thread to criticise Leeds and their fans, because he thinks it is naturally what Man Utd fans should do. Does he understand any of the history? Has he experienced the rivalry first hand? I doubt the 1st and know the answer to the 2nd is no, so how can he write on this thread when he knows Jack.

Would you enter a Real Madrid discussion, where the sole aim is to discuss the team, and slate them? Especially if you had no evidence to back up your claims?

I hope you understand what I was trying to say, and that no offence has been taken.

My intention was never to insult those that cannot for one reason or another attend games. My point was about the rivalry between them and us' date=' as it will be between the worlds greatest rivals, like your own team mark and Real. I am not denying the magnitude of your sport for Atletico, just because you don't go to the games. What I am saying is that rivalries so deep and bitter cannot be experienced from a television set. Reddevil came onto this thread to criticise Leeds and their fans, because he thinks it is naturally what Man Utd fans should do. Does he understand any of the history? Has he experienced the rivalry first hand? I doubt the 1st and know the answer to the 2nd is no, so how can he write on this thread when he knows Jack.

Would you enter a Real Madrid discussion, where the sole aim is to discuss the team, and slate them? Especially if you had no evidence to back up your claims?

I hope you understand what I was trying to say, and that no offence has been taken.[/quote']

I know what you mean. I have no problem with Man United, Doncaster, Huddersfield, etc (although I generally want Leeds to win more than normal) and wouldn't slate the team or the fans for no reason.

I hate people who prejudice just because someone supports a certain team...

My intention was never to insult those that cannot for one reason or another attend games. My point was about the rivalry between them and us' date=' as it will be between the worlds greatest rivals, like your own team mark and Real. I am not denying the magnitude of your sport for Atletico, just because you don't go to the games. What I am saying is that rivalries so deep and bitter cannot be experienced from a television set. Reddevil came onto this thread to criticise Leeds and their fans, because he thinks it is naturally what Man Utd fans should do. Does he understand any of the history? Has he experienced the rivalry first hand? I doubt the 1st and know the answer to the 2nd is no, so how can he write on this thread when he knows Jack.

I hope you understand what I was trying to say, and that no offence has been taken.[/quote']

I know where your comming from and what you mean ,

I was born in Grimsby and lived here for 54yrs,until the age of 10 i had never seen a real life footie match :eek: .

My dad was a deep sea fisherman had no love for footie even though i always did so never ever took me when his shipped docked .

My mother died when i was 10 so with my Dad going to sea i went to live with my Mams sister .

She was married to a Scouser so when i went to Liverpool with her to see my Uncle Toms family who lived in Kirby they took me to my first game which was LFC at Anfield ,that is the day my love for the club was born and embedded in me for ever and not my own town which i had never seen .

" Just pleased it wasnt Goodison otherwise i would have been a toffee":eek: :D

(

I went to all there games everytime my Auntys sons went up to see Liverpool relations .

Yes i knew there is a hated rivalry between scousers and Mancs ,and Mancs leeds ,there was with leeds /scousers but i think it was more with them and the mancs than us .

So united were sat nicely in the middle being loved by east and west .:P

But i could never get into this hate them at all costs because its a city rivalry from the people, so nothing really to do with the mixed supporters a club as from other city /towns .

Also from the age of 13 i hitched home and away until i was old enough to leave school and work ,then i payed train fare or still hitched because fare would take nearly all my wages which was not a lot in them days .

I slept in phone booths /back garden sheds ,Station waiting rooms until thrown out for about 15yrs and this happened every game following them home /away ,after that i went with Supporter coaches that had started up from Grimsby or if full train /car .

So yes to me i am as loyal as anyone born in Liverpool to my team ,but unless your actually born in the city itself i dont think you get the same hatred ,i remember standing in the Kop with my mate Donny who was like me ,he was an avid real life devoted Leeds fan and went with me to watch play each other ,he stood in Kop without colours i was in all mine ,Leeds scored you know the next ;)

" Donny only one in Kop jumping with reaction"

Instead of getting beat up when they realised he was with me and found out i came all the way with him from Grimsby, and seems i always stood in the same place every home game they knew i was a LFC fan the men around us made sure he wasnt touched ,in fact i made many mates from that day because of the length i went to support ,because Home games was still far to go as well as away .

Mind you i did the same as Donny one week when at W.Ham .

Toshack scored i jumped up ,said the last rites but instead i just got pushed down to the front covered from head to feet with flem and taken to the LFC end .

Yep those were great times and memories ,and yes you can be just as loyal as a person from the city and club in it you support without living there ,and like pointed out you dont bear the hatred they do .:)

Anyone want to keep slagging off Palace?

2-0 to Palace against the leaders of League1' date=' in the F.A. Cup...

Suprised you weren't in it...must've got knocked out by a PL team ;):D[/quote']

Have you not read what people have been saying? IT'S THE LEEDS UNITED THREAD KEEP IT ON TOPIC AND GO AWAY TO YOUR OWN CLUB'S THREAD.

Naylor is a good signing...

He has the experience at most levels so could sure up things a bit...

I have not seen or heard much about Dickinson but at least Grayson has noticed what positions need suring up...

I was going to post about this, but got side-tracked and Tom beat me to it. :P

Naylor is exactly what we need - a proven, experience head. Dickinson looked good last season, but hasn't played much this season. It will be interesting to see how he fares. Interestingly, he's a LB though, and that's the only defensive position we don't need, with 3 proven LB's already.

Also, great news - Beckford's back in training! :D

Big game at home to Peterborough tonight.

Predicted line-up is Ankergren, Sheehan, Naylor, Marques, Richardson, Delph, Prutton, Douglas, Kilkenny, Becchio, Trundle. Bench: Lucas, Dickinson, Howson, Christie, Beckford.

Seems a strange line-up to me (no Snodgrass, Robinson, Johnson), but it may be different - that's just off some unofficial Leeds site.

Predictions? I'm usually pessimistic, but I'm in a good mood (which will probably last for another hour or so :P) so I'll be an optimist and go 3-1 to the Mighty Whites. Trundle, Delph and Beckford with the goals.

Big game at home to Peterborough tonight.

Predicted line-up is Ankergren' date=' Sheehan, Naylor, Marques, Richardson, Delph, Prutton, Douglas, Kilkenny, Becchio, Trundle. Bench: Lucas, Dickinson, Howson, Christie, Beckford.

Seems a strange line-up to me (no Snodgrass, Robinson, Johnson), but it may be different - that's just off some unofficial Leeds site.

Predictions? I'm usually pessimistic, but I'm in a good mood (which will probably last for another hour or so :P) so I'll be an optimist and go 3-1 to the Mighty Whites. Trundle, Delph and Beckford with the goals.[/quote']

Peterboro is next week. Big game away at Brighton this afternoon ;)

Feeling confident though, about time we had a nice away win. Even slapped a cheeky 20 on a Leeds win :D

Peterboro is next week. Big game away at Brighton this afternoon ;)

Feeling confident though' date=' about time we had a nice away win. Even slapped a cheeky 20 on a Leeds win :D[/quote']

I just realised that. :o Getting mixed up.

Becchio just missed a penalty. :rolleyes: Seriously, how is he still playing ahead of Snodgrass, Christie, Beckford and Trundle? All 4 are better than him. I don't rate him whatsoever.

Edit: Hereford beating Oldham 2-0. :eek:

Auto-promotion is off the cards - Leicester are just unbeatable, and running away with it, MK Dons seem impossible to catch. I think the best we can hope for is to squeeze into the play-offs. I can't see us catching Peterborough either, but the likes of Millwall and Oldham are catchable.

Bechio is one of those players you have to watch through a whole game to appreciate. He has a touch of class, but maybe should be finishing it from the spot :/ Can't believe we've made it through 20 minutes without conceding though :D touch wood. MK Dons winning again, Roberto's ripping the league up!

Line-up: Leeds: Ankergren, Richardson, Naylor, Marques, Dickinson, Johnson, Douglas, Hughes, Delph, Becchio, Trundle.

Subs: Lucas, Michalik, Howson, Robinson, Christie.

The prediction from the Leeds site wasn't too bad, only 3 starters wrong and 2 subs wrong. Dickinson and Naylor straight into the team, Johnson playing (about time! - against the club he was on loan at as well) and Hughes starting on the right - no Prutton or Kilkenny.

It's quite worrying that without Beckford we never seem to be that threatening.

And Hereford 4-0 up and it's not even half-time. :eek: This should lower Oldham's GD considerably - if on Leeds could capitalise...