The Official Leeds United FC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

was som guy comparing leeds to juve?

juve is the most successful team in italian football

leeds who?

Yeh and Italian football's in great shape at the moment isn't it. :rolleyes: If it were an English team like Leeds or Everton who had been found cheating, UEFA would go down like a tonne of bricks on them. I don't know why I'm about to get into this argument, but I don't see how you can brag about your history, and mimic our downfall, when you're playing in a league that is ever decreasing in standard, and is possibly the most corrupt in Europe. I'd take League 1 over that any day mate.

How should I know.

This year promotion looks unlikely' date=' and if we don't get promoted next season then I would say never.

If we do get promoted, due to the size of the club and the players we can attract, I think 3-4 seasons in the Championship. Then it would be a relegation battle from there on in.

So I would say a good 5/6 years. As for getting back into Europe, and becoming one of the big sides again... either 20+ years or never tbh.[/quote']

Peter Ridsdale did a real number on Leeds, shows what can happen to a big club when there finances are miss-managed and major loans are taken out based on getting in the champions league, not making it and selling all there playing stock.

I hope Leeds make it back to the Prem because I think they add something to the division

was som guy comparing leeds to juve?

juve is the most successful team in italian football

leeds who?

Sorry?

The comparison was nothing to do with the teams....

I was using Juve as an exapmle, sorry if I offended you and your opinions...:rolleyes: We all know what we get if your disagreed with... :rolleyes:

Leeds dominated England at one time, the 70's, so any comparison wouldn't be that bad really.... Both richly historic clubs...

Stevie

I like a lot what you say but Leeds are a big club and will always be a big club then your lot and pigs You may be in a higher league then us but no way are you a bigger club ,Yes you are a better team but not a bigger club and the same thing goes to half the premiership teams.

Edit

Just read today's post.

Im not saying Leeds arnt a big club! Im just saying that every time you critisise them for whatever reason' date=' the come back is always the same! "We are a big club" etc etc..[/quote']

Like i said i like a lot of your posts :D

Seft when do you think Leeds will get back into the Premiership? (if ever)..

Do you think it will take 5-10+ years or could it happen within 2 or 3?

Hard to answer but if we get up this season (and there is a big chances) players will join Leeds due to the name a Leeds , So i say we be in the Premiership within 5 years .,

So who do you think will be in the Premiership first

Blunts , Pigs or Leeds ?

Stevie

I like a lot what you say but Leeds are a big club and will always be a big club then your lot and pigs You may be in a higher league then us but no way are you a bigger club ' date='Yes you are a better team but not a bigger club and the same thing goes to half the premiership teams.[/quote']

I havnt said you arnt!! Read what i say lol :D

Stevie

I like a lot what you say but Leeds are a big club and will always be a big club then your lot and pigs You may be in a higher league then us but no way are you a bigger club ' date='Yes you are a better team but not a bigger club and the same thing goes to half the premiership teams.

Edit

Just read today's post.

Hard to answer but if we get up this season (and there is a big chances) players will join Leeds due to the name a Leeds , So i say we be in the Premiership within 5 years .,

Blunts , Pigs or Leeds ?[/quote']

Oxford :P :p

Yeh and Italian football's in great shape at the moment isn't it. :rolleyes: If it were an English team like Leeds or Everton who had been found cheating' date=' UEFA would go down like a tonne of bricks on them. I don't know why I'm about to get into this argument, but I don't see how you can brag about your history, and mimic our downfall, when you're playing in a league that is ever decreasing in standard, and is possibly the most corrupt in Europe. I'd take League 1 over that any day mate.[/quote']

the premier league is only so success because of the imported talents

serie A have more home players than any other major european leagues

you can buy torres, but you cant play him in your national team lol

small pool that s your problem, and the effects will show soon enough in tournaments(if it hasnt already surfaced)

and learn to use the word "mimic", i think you meant to say "mock" there, which im not doing. i just find the comparison of juventus and leeds so very bizzare

do you ever see people compare liverpool fc with parma? i mean parma is a former great too if leeds was a great club. parma won 2 uefa cups, and is currently playing in lower division

the premier league is only so success because of the imported talents

Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top echelon want to further their game to the max.

serie A have more home players than any other major european leagues

Thats great, it really is. So I take it all the goalscorers are Italian as well? Oh, no, wait, I just checked. 10 out of the top 23 are Italian. Still, will be miles better than the PL. Oh, wait again, the PL has 9 englishmen and 1 irishman in their top 23. It's a lovely fact, but looks who's doing the business for the teams.

you can buy torres' date=' but you cant play him in your national team lol[/quote']

Not sure what that has to do with either Juve or Leeds?

small pool that s your problem' date=' and the effects will show soon enough in tournaments(if it hasnt already surfaced)[/quote']

Again, getting a bit off topic aren't we.

and learn to use the word "mimic"' date=' i think you meant to say "mock" there, which im not doing. i just find the comparison of juventus and leeds so very bizzare[/quote']

The clubs weren't being compared if you had cared to read, it was their status within the leagues they played in. "Leeds who?", I'd say that was "mocking", would you not?

do you ever see people compare liverpool fc with parma? i mean parma is a former great too if leeds was a great club. parma won 2 uefa cups' date=' and is currently playing in lower division[/quote']

No-one is denying that Parma have a good history, but I think you have misunderstood, as that does not make them a big club. You have failed to address the fact that Italian football is immensely corrupt (yes, that word again), and my feeling that if it were an English side (not particularly favoured by your good friends UEFA), they would now be playing regional football as opposed to top-tier football.

Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top echelon want to further their game to the max.

Thats great, it really is. So I take it all the goalscorers are Italian as well? Oh, no, wait, I just checked. 10 out of the top 23 are Italian. Still, will be miles better than the PL. Oh, wait again, the PL has 9 englishmen and 1 irishman in their top 23. It's a lovely fact, but looks who's doing the business for the teams.

Not sure what that has to do with either Juve or Leeds?

Again, getting a bit off topic aren't we.

The clubs weren't being compared if you had cared to read, it was their status within the leagues they played in. "Leeds who?", I'd say that was "mocking", would you not?

No-one is denying that Parma have a good history, but I think you have misunderstood, as that does not make them a big club. You have failed to address the fact that Italian football is immensely corrupt (yes, that word again), and my feeling that if it were an English side (not particularly favoured by your good friends UEFA), they would now be playing regional football as opposed to top-tier football.[/quote']

you are going off topic radebe

to put it in a polite way, the only reason anyone would try to compare leeds united to juventus is if 1) they dont know anything about either clubs 2) they are mad

as for italian football being corrupt, that has only given domestic advantage to teams.

didnt stop milan winning 2 european cups in the last 5 years

as for you waxing lyrical about how english clubs will dominate europe. i have bad news. it turns out all financial imbalance evens itself out eventually, and the premier league was hit the hardest by the global financial crisis as pound falls to an all time low.

all of a sudden we are all on a level playing ground again in terms of finance(apart from city), so dont expect manutd chelsea and liverpool to continue making those large debt-laden transfers.....did you not read today, since the pound dipped so dramatically, even bayern munich(in the most financially restricted major league in europe) have enough cash to buy tevez!

AND WAIT IM NOT FINISHED....

""10 out of the top 23 are Italian""-radabe

who cares about top 23 for god sake:rolleyes: ,

the TOP GOALSCORER in the serie A is a 32 year old ITALIAN veteran playing for a midtable club. now that s a COMPETITIVE LEAGUE, unlike the premier league, where the top 4 appears to be the top 4 YEAR IN YEAR OUT-what excitement!

you are going off topic radebe

I went of topic to reply to your own off topic post. Great comeback though' date=' well done in that respect.

to put it in a polite way, the only reason anyone would try to compare leeds united to juventus is if 1) they dont know anything about either clubs 2) they are mad

Again, READ. THE CLUB'S ARE NOT BEING COMPARED, THEIR STATUS WITHIN THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUES IS.

as for italian football being corrupt' date=' that has only given domestic advantage to teams.[/quote']

Oh swell, that makes it all OK then.

didnt stop milan winning 2 european cups in the last 5 years

Wait. Milan? I'm struggling to see the relevance.

as for you waxing lyrical about how english clubs will dominate europe. i have bad news. it turns out all financial imbalance evens itself out eventually' date=' and the premier league was hit the hardest by the global financial crisis as pound falls to an all time low. [/quote']

I'm gradually getting more concerned about your ability to read a post. Where did I say english football would dominate? I said it is the biggest footballing nation in europe, fair comment would you not say? Maybe it's that word 'biggest', got you all confused again...

all of a sudden we are all on a level playing ground again in terms of finance(apart from city)' date=' so dont expect manutd chelsea and liverpool to continue making those large debt-laden transfers.....did you not read today, since the pound dipped so dramatically, even bayern munich(in the most financially restricted major league in europe) have enough cash to buy tevez![/quote']

So we've already had Milan, now Bayern who have even less relevance!

AND WAIT IM NOT FINISHED....

How exciting...

who cares about top 23 for god sake:rolleyes: ' date=' [/quote']

Well seeing as they're the ones knocking the goals in, I'd say a large proportion of the footballing public.

the TOP GOALSCORER in the serie A is a 32 year old ITALIAN veteran playing for a midtable club. now that s a COMPETITIVE LEAGUE' date=' unlike the premier league, where the top 4 appears to be the top 4 YEAR IN YEAR OUT-what excitement![/quote']

I really should just disregard this comment as another silly off topic post, but I have nothing else to do. In your competitive league, has the same team not won the title for the last 3 years, and are top again this year? And how about the Coppa Italia. Portsmouth won our FA cup last season, lets take a look at yours. For the 4 previous years it has been the same 2 sides contesting the final, until this year. Thats hellish competitive my friend.

Stevie

I like a lot what you say but Leeds are a big club and will always be a big club then your lot and pigs You may be in a higher league then us but no way are you a bigger club ' date='Yes you are a better team but not a bigger club and the same thing goes to half the premiership teams.

Edit

Just read today's post.

Blunts , Pigs or Leeds ?[/quote']

Think we should get back in this season, if not then in the next couple.. Cant see the Pigs getting back in it for around 5-10 years, they are in massive debt, cant spend much on players at all and there squad is paper thin! There new chairman has some work to do..

If Leeds go up this season i reckon they will attract some decent players in the Championship and maybe get back into the Premiership after spending a couple of seasons in the CCC.. If they dont go up i think they could be looking at another few seasons in League 1..

I went of topic to reply to your own off topic post. Great comeback though' date=' well done in that respect.

Again, READ. THE CLUB'S ARE NOT BEING COMPARED, THEIR STATUS WITHIN THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUES IS.

Oh swell, that makes it all OK then.

Wait. Milan? I'm struggling to see the relevance.

I'm gradually getting more concerned about your ability to read a post. Where did I say english football would dominate? I said it is the biggest footballing nation in europe, fair comment would you not say? Maybe it's that word 'biggest', got you all confused again...

So we've already had Milan, now Bayern who have even less relevance!

How exciting...

Well seeing as they're the ones knocking the goals in, I'd say a large proportion of the footballing public.

I really should just disregard this comment as another silly off topic post, but I have nothing else to do. In your competitive league, has the same team not won the title for the last 3 years, and are top again this year? And how about the Coppa Italia. Portsmouth won our FA cup last season, lets take a look at yours. For the 4 previous years it has been the same 2 sides contesting the final, until this year. Thats hellish competitive my friend.[/quote']

i swear to god you are just trying to be a pain in the bum :confused:

before you start perverting every single sentence i wrote lets analyse what you have wrote

1) "THE CLUB'S ARE NOT BEING COMPARED, THEIR STATUS WITHIN THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUES IS"

-great comparison, 2nd in the serie A and midtable division 1-GREAT COMPARISON

2) "Milan? I'm struggling to see the relevance"

-you said serie A is an inferior league-obviously not inferior enough :rolleyes:

3) "In your competitive league, has the same team not won the title for the last 3 years"

-re read my comment, i said the premier league top 4 is the same year in year out. in serie A many team have a chance of breaking in. over the years, we have had lazio, fiorentina, udinese break in. who do you have? everton? who couldnt even reach the group stage?

and even funnier, every year you look at the premier league table, the gap between 4th and 5th is always double figures. premier league is just about manutd, lfc, chelsea, and arsenal. other teams seem to be just there to make up the numbers !

serie A is about the overall competitiveness of the league

4) and your comment about the "irrelevantness" of marco di vaio being serie A top scorer ....you started it lol. you said, "top 23 goalscorers in serie a, only 10 italians".

i dont need to look at the "top 23"

i just need to look at the top goalscorer to see an italian

you have posted some good stuff on scouting and etc, i respect that,

but you are doing yourself no favours with this one

I really don't want to get into this argument, but Mr Liucci please read everything he says, not just what you want to see.

1) "THE CLUB'S ARE NOT BEING COMPARED' date=' THEIR STATUS WITHIN THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUES IS"

-great comparison, 2nd in the serie A and midtable division 1-GREAT COMPARISON[/quote']

Dai used Juventus as comparison that they were still a massive club, even though they were in Serie B. And this has been said about 4 or 5 times by different people...

and even funnier' date=' every year you look at the premier league table, the gap between 4th and 5th is always double figures. premier league is just about manutd, lfc, chelsea, and arsenal. other teams seem to be just there to make up the numbers !

[/quote']

Whereas I agree it has been boring in the past, please check the table this season...

Aston Villa currently sit 4th, a point off Chelsea and not even that far off the top. Hull and Stoke have been stunning top sides and there are currently 13 teams in a relegation battle.

I would call that quite interesting...

I really don't want to get into this argument' date=' but Mr Liucci please read everything he says, not just what you want to see.

Dai used Juventus as comparison that they were still a massive club, even though they were in Serie B. And this has been said about 4 or 5 times by different people...

Whereas I agree it has been boring in the past, please check the table this season...

Aston Villa currently sit 4th, a point off Chelsea and not even that far off the top. Hull and Stoke have been stunning top sides and there are currently 13 teams in a relegation battle.

I would call that quite interesting...[/quote']

ok, i ll just put it that comparison down as a bad metaphor.

because to compare leeds in lower division now as a fallen giant, to juve when they were doing time in serie B is just out of proportions on so many levels

plus i only replied with a force because radabe launched an unnecessary attack on serie a after my first reply, during which time i was still "reasonable"

I was the one that made the comparison...

All it means and all it was supposed to mean was:

Leeds are in a lower division than the top division, but are still a big club..

Juve didn't lose their "big club" status just by going down a division... In their country so neither should Leeds here...

The comparison was for the people that slate Leeds... Nothing more... Not a put down to Italian teams or Italian football like you have made it into....

It was not supposed to start an argument with someone who couldn't understand what everyone else could....

I was the one that made the comparison...

All it means and all it was supposed to mean was:

Leeds are in a lower division than the top division' date=' but are still a big club..

Juve didn't lose their "big club" status just by going down a division... In their country so neither should Leeds here...

The comparison was for the people that slate Leeds... Nothing more... Not a put down to Italian teams or Italian football like you have made it into....

It was not supposed to start an argument with someone who couldn't understand what everyone else could....[/quote']

if you are a juve fan like me, you would have realise how offensive it is to compare my club to leeds united:D :D

i swear to god you are just trying to be a pain in the bum :confused:

This time I will spell it out. I'm not trying to be a pain' date=' I just genuinely disagree with what you are saying, therefore countering it with my personal beliefs and opinions.

before you start perverting every single sentence i wrote lets analyse what you have wrote

I can assure you that I am not twisting anything you write, simply taking it as I read it.

1) "THE CLUB'S ARE NOT BEING COMPARED' date=' THEIR STATUS WITHIN THEIR DOMESTIC LEAGUES IS"

-great comparison, 2nd in the serie A and midtable division 1-GREAT COMPARISON[/quote']

STATUS. Not position. Juve were in Serie B, yet still regarded as a huge club. Leeds are in League 1, but are still thought of as a big club. Comprende?

2) "Milan? I'm struggling to see the relevance"

-you said serie A is an inferior league-obviously not inferior enough :rolleyes:

I'd be interested to see where I claimed Serie A was inferior.

3) "In your competitive league' date=' has the same team not won the title for the last 3 years"

-re read my comment, i said the premier league top 4 is the same year in year out. in serie A many team have a chance of breaking in. over the years, we have had lazio, fiorentina, udinese break in. who do you have? everton? who couldnt even reach the group stage?[/quote']

And why did those teams break in? Oh yes, because a number of other teams had been deducted points for cheating. If that makes a league exciting in your opinion, then your welcome to it. I'd also like to mention that Lazio and Fiorentina have always been very big clubs with a good reputation.

[quote name=mr liucci;498272and even funnier' date=' every year you look at the premier league table, the gap between 4th and 5th is always double figures. premier league is just about manutd, lfc, chelsea, and arsenal. other teams seem to be just there to make up the numbers !

serie A is about the overall competitiveness of the league[/quote]

Please! Have you not seen the results in this years PL? Maybe you should take a look before you cast opinions about how competitive or not the league is. I also see my comment about the domestic cups went unanswered...

4) and your comment about the "irrelevantness" of marco di vaio being serie A top scorer ....you started it lol. you said' date=' "top 23 goalscorers in serie a, only 10 italians".

i dont need to look at the "top 23"

i just need to look at the top goalscorer to see an italian[/quote']

It was the comment about competitiveness that I thought irrelevant. Yes, your top scorer is Italian, but statistically opinions should be formed from a greater pool of players, which I did.

you have posted some good stuff on scouting and etc' date=' i respect that,

but you are doing yourself no favours with this one[/quote']

I'm simply giving my opinion as, with all due respect, I disagree with yours.

EDIT: Whilst I was writing this, everything seems to have simmered down, so disregard what I wrote as you will.:)

may i also ask how an earth you got all those GC teams' date=' because the gc creation time is not specified to the minute or anything[/quote']

Actually, most of the first 30 or so were. There was the odd completely random one, and the odd random time, certain day, but the majority were a specific time. It was only the GC's from the mid 30's to the latest that were mostly random time, specific day.