The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

Iv always had the impression they were well followed :confused: tbf iv been to villa park on a tuesday and i think the attendance was around 22 k' date=' so thats poor aswell.

Great goal by Beckford then[/quote']

Credit crunch! They are well followed but its very rare for a club to get big attendances in league 1 no matter what the size of the club. FA cup games nowadays usually get low attendences, Burnley got 4k i think it was for there 3rd round tie, we got 15k for the Charlton match, considering our average attendance is 25k, but we should get more against Hull on Saturday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

Adam, it's the Don Revie stand which is usually full - the one on the side of the cameras. But it's Monday night, it's live on Sky anyway, so quite empty on the side that he camera is facing.

Steve, I would hazard a guess that the attendance tonight was still higher than most Sheff Utd home games. :rolleyes:

Great result, poor performance. Some poor refereeing decisions as well.

My take:

- Millwall dominated us from the 20th minute to the end, and both our goals were against the run of play.

- Leeds lost possession waaaay too easily.

- Beckford's elbow should have been a straight red. Watching it closely, the keeper shrugged Beckford out of the way with his elbow, Beckford retaliated without looking and caught him bang in the face. Not excusing it, as swinging an elbow is just asking for trouble, but there was no intent. That said, Beckford got lucky.

- What were the commentators on about for the Rui Marques tackle? He messed up in the box, but then managed to get a firm boot on the ball. After getting the ball he connected with the player, as per a normal tackle. The commentators just had to make a fuss because it's live I s'pose... And it was definitely a goal-kick too, Marques hit it and it deflected off the Millwall player.

- Some poor decisions by the assistants. The ref had a fairly good game, although a few strange decisions, both ways, and the Beckford foul (came sliding in) was a great challenge, even the comentators said so. Came in from the side, one foot, got the ball cleanly.

- Two offsides against Beckford that were actually on - by quite a margin in fact. Ironically, Beckford probably was actually offside for the 2nd goal (it was very close) but was given onside.

My match ratings:

Ankergren: 7 - Solid performance, didn't have too much to do but when he was called into action he made no mistakes. One stunning save as well (the scramble that Millwall thought was in)

Hughes: 7 - Solid on the right. Did his job.

Marques: 5 - Didn't impress me at all. A couple of good tackles, but dodgy. (Can someone please tell me why he is a regular? He is dodgy whenever I see him play)

Naylor: 8 - Great game from the captain, didn't let anything past and was the sole reason Leeds got a clean-sheet.

Dickinson: 6 - Some good moments, but gave the ball away too easily.

Robinson: 8 - A good all-round performance from Robbo.

Snodgrass: 8 - Set up the first goal after a great run, top performance from the youngster (due a small rise on SM as well ;))

Delph: 8 (Official MOM) - Impressed me. Strong in the tackle, didn't create any particular chances but did his job well. One brilliant piece of skill, skinned three players in one go.

Douglas: 6 - Gave the ball away too easily, but solid defensively.

Trundle: 7 - Good display, nothing special but did his job well.

Beckford: 7 - Despite two goals (the first one was fantastic) he was poor today, gave the ball away too easily with fancy flicks.

Subs:

Johnson: 6 - Impressed when he came on, but nothing special. Wasn't on long enough to get higher.

Howson: 6 - Did what he came on to do.

Becchio: 7 - Great performance when he came on, kept the ball well and set up Beckford's 2nd. Made a good pull-back minutes before as well.

Adam' date=' it's the Don Revie stand which is usually full - the one on the side of the cameras. But it's Monday night, it's live on Sky anyway, so quite empty on the side that he camera is facing.

[b']Steve, I would hazard a guess that the attendance tonight was still higher than most Sheff Utd home games.[/b] :rolleyes:

Great result, poor performance. Some poor refereeing decisions as well.

My take:

- Millwall dominated us from the 20th minute to the end, and both our goals were against the run of play.

- Leeds lost possession waaaay too easily.

- Beckford's elbow should have been a straight red. Watching it closely, the keeper shrugged Beckford out of the way with his elbow, Beckford retaliated without looking and caught him bang in the face. Not excusing it, as swinging an elbow is just asking for trouble, but there was no intent. That said, Beckford got lucky.

- What were the commentators on about for the Rui Marques tackle? He messed up in the box, but then managed to get a firm boot on the ball. After getting the ball he connected with the player, as per a normal tackle. The commentators just had to make a fuss because it's live I s'pose... And it was definitely a goal-kick too, Marques hit it and it deflected off the Millwall player.

- Some poor decisions by the assistants. The ref had a fairly good game, although a few strange decisions, both ways, and the Beckford foul (came sliding in) was a great challenge, even the comentators said so. Came in from the side, one foot, got the ball cleanly.

- Two offsides against Beckford that were actually on - by quite a margin in fact. Ironically, Beckford probably was actually offside for the 2nd goal (it was very close) but was given onside.

My match ratings:

Ankergren: 7 - Solid performance, didn't have too much to do but when he was called into action he made no mistakes. One stunning save as well (the scramble that Millwall thought was in)

Hughes: 7 - Solid on the right. Did his job.

Marques: 5 - Didn't impress me at all. A couple of good tackles, but dodgy. (Can someone please tell me why he is a regular? He is dodgy whenever I see him play)

Naylor: 8 - Great game from the captain, didn't let anything past and was the sole reason Leeds got a clean-sheet.

Dickinson: 6 - Some good moments, but gave the ball away too easily.

Robinson: 8 - A good all-round performance from Robbo.

Snodgrass: 8 - Set up the first goal after a great run, top performance from the youngster (due a small rise on SM as well ;))

Delph: 8 (Official MOM) - Impressed me. Strong in the tackle, didn't create any particular chances but did his job well. One brilliant piece of skill, skinned three players in one go.

Douglas: 6 - Gave the ball away too easily, but solid defensively.

Trundle: 7 - Good display, nothing special but did his job well.

Beckford: 7 - Despite two goals (the first one was fantastic) he was poor today, gave the ball away too easily with fancy flicks.

Subs:

Johnson: 6 - Impressed when he came on, but nothing special. Wasn't on long enough to get higher.

Howson: 6 - Did what he came on to do.

Becchio: 7 - Great performance when he came on, kept the ball well and set up Beckford's 2nd. Made a good pull-back minutes before as well.

If it was over 25k (our average attendance) then youve got me, didnt watch it so dont know.

edit: Just looked and your attendance was just over 19k.

Did you go?

How could I go? I live 3-4 hours away' date=' it's a school night and I have coursework due in tomorrow...[/quote']

Sorry, i didnt look up where you lived and i didnt know about how much coursework you have, not the kind of thing i look into when speaking to someone on an online forum.

Anyway, attendences??

Any of you boys watching this on SKY SPORTS 1 ?

I know its a midweek game / early week game lol' date=' but the attendance looks pityful :eek:

Come on you Leed fans, get ya selves down there. Big game i presume for you boys, a win would be great wouldnt it.[/quote']

Come on Adam ,19k for a Monday night game that is live on sky in the 3rd tier of the English league , is it really bad going ?

Iv always had the impression they were well followed :confused: tbf iv been to villa park on a tuesday and i think the attendance was around 22 k' date=' so thats poor aswell.

Great goal by Beckford then[/quote']

The bit in bold says it all really :D

Great first goal by Beckford but apart from that was a poor game .

What went on with wall's keeper and Beckford ? i was in the south stand and with been on the beer all day could not really see .

Who got sky's man of match ?

Edit

Just read Luke's post so now know the answers

Come on Adam ' date='19k for a Monday night game that is live on sky in the 3rd tier of the English league , is it really bad going ?

What went on with wall's keeper and Beckford ? i was in the south stand and with been on the beer all day could not really see .

Who got sky's man of match ?[/quote']

Beckford was having a tussle with the defender, the keeper tried to muscle him out of the way and Beckford retaliated without looking. His elbow connected clean under the keepers chin. If the ref has seen it Beckford would have been off for sure.

Delph was MOM. :)

Apparently Beckford elbowed the keeper?

Sat in the Kop and didnt see that :confused: keeper got some serious jip after that though.

Delph and Robinson, another class.

It was 19k3 or summat, but bear in mind Millwall were only allowed 300 tickets.

1st goal looked a peach form where i was sat.

South stand col?!??!:P

Apparently Beckford elbowed the keeper?

Sat in the Kop and didnt see that :confused: keeper got some serious jip after that though.

Delph and Robinson' date=' another class.

It was 19k3 or summat, but bear in mind Millwall were only allowed 300 tickets.

1st goal looked a peach form where i was sat.

South stand col?!??!:P[/quote']

It was a clear elbow... I won't repeat it again, just read my above few posts. :)

Sorry' date=' i didnt look up where you lived and i didnt know about how much coursework you have, not the kind of thing i look into when speaking to someone on an online forum.

Anyway, attendences??[/quote']

It says where I live right next to my posts...

Ok, so not higher than most Sheffield games. But slagging off Leeds for having an attendance of 19k on a mid-week match that's live on sky, in League 1...

It says where I live right next to my posts...

Ok' date=' so not higher than most Sheffield games. But slagging off Leeds for having an attendance of 19k on a mid-week match that's live on sky, in League 1...[/quote']

Wasnt slagging you off. If you read my post i was kind of defending you, apart from the "They will be back when they are good again" or whatever it was comment :D Which is true.

I said:

Credit crunch! They are well followed but its very rare for a club to get big attendances in league 1 no matter what the size of the club.

Come on Adam ' date='19k for a Monday night game that is live on sky in the 3rd tier of the English league , is it really bad going ?

Who got sky's man of match ?

[b']Edit[/b]

Just read Luke's post so now know the answers

Col mate, i didnt know the attendance, but from what i saw of the stands on TV. Opposite stand to cameras and the North/South stands it didnt look that packed. Thats why i mentioned it, thought it would be alot lower than that.

19k for a midweek game when its on TV is good. no denying that, wasnt taking a cheap shot or nefin just commented on it. Both great goals , and a great win. Poor performance, Milwall will feel very aggrieved lol ! but screw em, no one likes Milwall :D:P

The commentator mentioned that it must be frustrating for Millwall; which is fair of course - they dominated the game but still lost 2-0. But it was also very frustrating for Leeds fans, watching the players give away the ball at almost any opportunity, failing to really create anything apart from odd moments.

Thank god we have some brilliant individual players, who have the ability to turn nothing into something (Beckford, Snodgrass, Trundle, Delph, Robinson, Becchio). :)

The commentator mentioned that it must be frustrating for Millwall; which is fair of course - they dominated the game but still lost 2-0. But it was also very frustrating for Leeds fans' date=' watching the players give away the ball at almost any opportunity, failing to really create anything apart from odd moments.

Thank god we have some brilliant individual players, who have the ability to turn nothing into something (Beckford, Snodgrass, Trundle, Delph, Robinson, Becchio). :)[/quote']

I missed the game. Didnt even know about it until after it had finished but from what I hear Beckford scored both the goals. Hopefully this win will build the lads' confidence back up so we can start winning games again. :)

Leeds have secured the signings of Keith Gillespie and Mo Camara.

They're on trial, they haven't signed.

Beckford given 3 game ban. Leeds are getting heavily criticized by the FA, and opposing fans for calling the FL inconsistent...

Jose Bosingwa anyone??? :rolleyes:

Rules specifically state that a player can only be charged if it is an incident not seen by a match official. So Beckford was booked for what exactly? :confused::rolleyes:

One rule for Leeds, one for everyone else... :rolleyes:

Hate to say it, but we depend on him so much that I can't see us winning anything in our next 3 games.

Missed out on tickets for this one, was too late in applying :(

Galpharn is right next door to my digs tho, so took advantage of the slack security and watched the last 10 minutes. Attack was poor, but that Smithies in goal has to take some of the plundits also.

We really shouldn't be failing to score against defences like that tho :rolleyes: