The Official Leeds United FC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

As George just said in the chatroom.:

1-0 to Beckford United. :P

28th goal of the season. B)

Haha, without him we would be somewhere down the bottom. :P

Idiot got sent off. >_> A minute to go, he punches the ball away. He's such a good player, but his arrogance gets the better of him. I hope it doesn't ruin his career. >_>

Anyway, all over now. Great 3 points. It's been a while since we got a late goal. :D Oldham hammered by Dons 6-2, Peterborough win 1-0 with 10 men, Millwall lose to Leicester, Shorpe draw with Carlisle.

Next week is a guaranteed loss; away from home and no Beckford. :)

He misses the match against Crewe' date=' they are down in the bottom but that doesn't mean anything when we're talking about Leeds.[/quote']

We lost away to Hereford without him, so there's no reason we won't lose away to Crewe without him.

Look at how optimistic we are these days. :rolleyes::P

Maybe Liam Dickinson will prove me wrong and fill the void, but I doubt it.

We lost away to Hereford without him' date=' so there's no reason we won't lose away to Crewe without him.

Look at how optimistic YOU are these days. :rolleyes::P

Maybe Liam Dickinson will prove me wrong and fill the void, but I doubt it.

:P

I'm pretty happy that we'll go to Crewe and get something. I can't stand the way people are calling us Beckford United. There are 10 other players on the pitch, and after all, Beckford's only doing what he gets paid to do, just as the rest of the side do.

Beckford's a stroppy, moody player, and yes he's got 29 goals this season or whatever, but them 29 things are about all he has done. You can't reflect 90 minutes of football in a sheet of stats. The old Cliche, it only takes a second to score a goal, well I hardly ever see Beckford for the other 89 minutes and 59 seconds tbh.

We wouldn't be in the lower half without him, we would be around the same, just using a different player to do his job. People don't remember the play-off final last year, and half of this years games where Beckford just hasn't turned up, and wasted a shirt.

IMHO Naylor, Delph and Snodgrass are of greater importance to us than Beckford, and I'm perfectly confident, that with the recent form we have gathered, we can go to Crewe and take 3 comfortable points.

:P

I'm pretty happy that we'll go to Crewe and get something. I can't stand the way people are calling us Beckford United. There are 10 other players on the pitch' date=' and after all, Beckford's only doing what he gets paid to do, just as the rest of the side do.

Beckford's a stroppy, moody player, and yes he's got 29 goals this season or whatever, but them 29 things are about all he has done. You can't reflect 90 minutes of football in a sheet of stats. The old Cliche, it only takes a second to score a goal, well I hardly ever see Beckford for the other 89 minutes and 59 seconds tbh.

We wouldn't be in the lower half without him, we would be around the same, just using a different player to do his job. People don't remember the play-off final last year, and half of this years games where Beckford just hasn't turned up, and wasted a shirt.

IMHO Naylor, Delph and Snodgrass are of greater importance to us than Beckford, and I'm perfectly confident, that with the recent form we have gathered, we can go to Crewe and take 3 comfortable points.[/quote']

What are you on about lad ?

Iv been watching Leeds all season on teletext and i always see Beckford's name on it so Leeds must be a 1 man team :P

Can someone please confirm to me that this isn't Liam Dickinson in the pic?

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1594902,00.html

I'm not sure who it is, but the pic says Dickinson, and as far as I was aware, Dickinson's not white! :confused:

http://images.google.com/images?q=liam%20dickinson&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

He's called Michael Whitwell but i dont really know much about him.

He has something about him, even though those Liverpool defenders did muck up a bit in the clips they still have to be decent to be playing for a Liverpool academy team. He took his chances well, might be one for the future. Lets hope so... :D

A HA! So the future looks bright for the mighty whites! A bit like the past. Just a shame about the bloody present, eh? Nah, I guess it could be worse. Talking about Leeds youth it still stings me that we never got to see the likes of Lennon and Milner really get a chance at Leeds. Talk about selling the future! No doubt Delph will be joining them!

Flahavan joined as well, presumably to provide extra cover if a keeper gets injured and we make the play-offs (don't want to have to pull in a keeper on emergency loan at the last minute).

Same with Sodje. Marques took a knock against Crewe but should be back soon, but if he make the play-offs we need the extra cover in case of injuries, and we're packed in midfielder and up-front.

Leeds 2-0 MK Dons. What a result. :D 8 straight home wins now, something like 8 games unbeaten. Come on...

Mike Whitwell's a 17 year old striker. Looks pretty decent, from what I've seen.

Leeds youth team:

GK Matt Edwards (18)

GK Alex Cairns (15)

LB Aidan White (17) - England U19s - Few 1st team apps

LB Luke Garbutt (15) - England U16s

RB Liam Darville (18) - England U18s

CB Johnny Webb (19) - 1st team app - Loan at Newcastle Blue Star

CB Ross Wilkinson (19) - England U19s

CB Tom Lees (18)

CB Andrew Milne (18) - Scotland U18s

CB Adam Watson (17)

CB Callum Williams (17)

LM Joe McCann (16) - England U17s

RM Josh Falkingham (18)

RM Sanchez Payne (15)

DM Lee Booth (18)

CM Nathan Cartman (19) - Loan at Curzon Ashton

CM Ollie Hotchkiss (19) - Loan at Mansfield

CM Sam Jones (17) - Wales U19s

CM Will Hatfield (17)

AM Chris Ovington (18)

FW Sam Jerome (18)

FW Mike Whitwell (17)

FW Jonny Birbeck (16)

FW James Baxendale (16)

Keep your eye on the ones in bold, all have big potential.

Goals from u18's win over Liverpool at the weekend

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2264418/

Haha i was at that game.... with a few Liverpool supporters on my weekend in Liverpool. You can actually see me during the last goal (liverpools) Im the guy in white when the throws being taken. :D

Leeds were fantastic in that game, although i do believe liverpool were resting some of their better players. Leeds' number 2 had a great game and gave the Liverpool LB a torrid time for the whole match.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I think 2 games every weekend might really tire out poor Delph. ;)

If I wanted snotty-nosed, snidey comments, I'd have asked for them; instead I just asked if he played a few games for your youth or reserve teams.

Nice people, the Leeds, Sheffield and Swindon fans. :rolleyes:

If I wanted snotty-nosed' date=' snidey comments, I'd have asked for them; instead I just asked if he played a few games for your youth or reserve teams.

Nice people, the Leeds, Sheffield and Swindon fans. :rolleyes:[/quote']

First, relax man, I was just having a joke. Hence the ";)".

And secondly, I'm not a Swindon fan..

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

First' date=' relax man, I was just having a joke. Hence the ";)".

And secondly, I'm not a Swindon fan..[/quote']

Has the relegation fight made you want to forget them ? ;)

If I wanted snotty-nosed' date=' snidey comments, I'd have asked for them; instead I just asked if he played a few games for your youth or reserve teams.

Nice people, the Leeds, Sheffield and Swindon fans. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Why would he play for the youth team when hes a key player in the first team?

If thats a nasty comment id like to hear why..