The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

You say u'd be ok with Beckford going but' date=' with his goals u only got the play-offs, so without them surely it would be a much tougher season.[/quote']

Throughout the whole season people have been calling us Beckford United, it's absolute bull mate. He does nothing all game, wastes numerous chances, then takes the occasional one and his record stands out. No joke, if we had had Matty Fryatt this season, I reckon he would have had 40+.

There's no denying his class, but he's a waste of space.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

To be honest Leeds' support is pretty poor considering.. Leeds has a population of over 700' date='000 with one team in the city yet has an average attendance of around 25,000?, whilst Sheffield has a population of just over 500,000 with two big ish teams.

Anyway, our average attendance for this season is 26,000 Wednesdays is around 22,000. I reckon there will be at least 30,000 there at Bramall Lane tonight :)[/quote']

Yep but isnt Leeds Rhinos the Super league champions and pulling in nearly 18,000.

Look at Wigan even in the top flight suffer very much with attendances because Rugby is the bigger sport in that town .

So seems where Leeds are they do ok to still get more people through the gates than the Rhinos .

Also its not just a matter of showing a City has more people in it than another so should get more fans ,its also stands that the more you get then also the more you get that dont have to like sport .

Not all like football.:)

Yep but isnt Leeds Rhinos the Super league champions and pulling in nearly 18' date='000.

Look at Wigan even in the top flight suffer very much with attendances because Rugby is the bigger sport in that town .

So seems where Leeds are they do ok to still get more people through the gates than the Rhinos .

Also its not just a matter of showing a City has more people in it than another so should get more fans ,its also stands that the more you get then also the more you get that dont have to like sport .

Not all like football.:)[/quote']

Also Leeds are in League 1 playing some very poor teams, whilst both Sheffield clubs play in the Championship and play aginast quite good teams.

Also Leeds are in League 1 playing some very poor teams' date=' whilst both Sheffield clubs play in the Championship and play aginast quite good teams.[/quote']

yup and both of them can boast going to St James's park next season. Leeds can't do that yet, though next season that's a distinct possibility if they don't get promoted.

Guest Toggs

Dont think Delph will stay though. Good enough offer from a Prem side and he will be on his bike. Leeds can't offer him anymore than they have this season, and for a player of his ability, that isnt enough.

Saw on teletext today though Grayson has vowed too keep Beckford & Delpth at ER. Good luck.

How does it feel having to endure another season in league one? I mean how long will it take before you are used to it? I mean a lot of Leeds fans seem to think they have a God given right to be in the Premier League but after so long you could well have established yourselves in the lower leagues of English Football..

But never mind, Leeds are massive.. Almost to big to fit on this earth and have more supporters than there are people in this world.. So no matter how much you fail you know you will always be MASSIVE! Which is ofcourse the most important thing...........................................................................

How does it feel having to endure another season in league one? I mean how long will it take before you are used to it? I mean a lot of Leeds fans seem to think they have a God given right to be in the Premier League but after so long you could well have established yourselves in the lower leagues of English Football..

But never mind' date=' Leeds are massive.. Almost to big to fit on this earth and have more supporters than there are people in this world.. So no matter how much you fail you know you will always be MASSIVE! Which is ofcourse the most important thing...........................................................................[/quote']

Where are these people?

I think I read on Sky Sports News yesterday that Leeds were planning to offer Jermaine Beckford a new contract.

I think it would be hard to convince him to sign it because Leeds didn't go up this season and maybe Beckford thinks he should be or wants to be playing at a higher level than League One

I think I read on Sky Sports News yesterday that Leeds were planning to offer Jermaine Beckford a new contract.

I think it would be hard to convince him to sign it because Leeds didn't go up this season and maybe Beckford thinks he should be or wants to be playing at a higher level than League One

He was "virtually inconsolable" after the ER game. Definitely not like a player who is "desperate to get out" as his agent puts it. That said, I'm pretty sure he'll leave.

Tbf, the only player who could leave who I REALLY want to stay is Snodgrass. I'd love Delph to stay, but the money we'd get him would go a long way, in terms of player and club facilities. Fees of £7m-£10m have been bandied about (including installments though).

Strong rumours that Delph is heading to Aston Villa for £7m. I was reading a 13 page thread on him on a Villa board, and they seem to rate him highly. They want him to replace Reo-Coker or play second fiddle to Ashley Young. Would be a massive step up for the lad.

---------------

On the transfer front, Douglas and Lucas contracts expire on June 30th, and they won't be extended. Douglas' agent wants apparently double the amount Leeds are willing to offer. :rolleyes:

Richardson's contract also expires on June 30th, but Leeds are in discussions over a new contract.

Beckford has also won the League 1 Golden Boot with 34 goals.

Delph is in the 40 man Preliminary England U21 squad for the Euros.

Beckford's leaving.

Tbf, if that's to be his attitude then there's no way I want him at Leeds next season. We don't want players playing for us who don't want to be there.

Lets hope we can get a nice few mil for him (I'd expect at least £1.5m, possible up to as much as £3m including installments).

This paves the way for Grella and Elliott to step up to the first team, although I expect to see Grayson sign another striker, as all we have now are Becchio and the two above.

Beckford's leaving.

Tbf, if that's to be his attitude then there's no way I want him at Leeds next season. We don't want players playing for us who don't want to be there.

Lets hope we can get a nice few mil for him (I'd expect at least £1.5m, possible up to as much as £3m including installments).

This paves the way for Grella and Elliott to step up to the first team, although I expect to see Grayson sign another striker, as all we have now are Becchio and the two above.

He wants more money i'm guessing although I think he has deserved to go up with his goal tally.

Beckford's leaving.

Good. Lets get another medium talented non-leaguer with half an eye for goal, but one that works for his team and wants to be at the club. Beckford will now go on to be a massive flop. He just isn't good enough and I'm genuinely glad to see the back of him.

Good. Lets get another medium talented non-leaguer with half an eye for goal' date=' but one that works for his team and wants to be at the club. Beckford will now go on to be a massive flop. He just isn't good enough and I'm genuinely glad to see the back of him.[/quote']

I disagree. He's clearly got the talent, and he's excellent in front of goal. The only thing he lacks is a decent work rate. If a manager could get him to play more of the team he could become a top player.

We have also been linked with Kelvin Davis and Sam Sodje, but there are some rumous Alan Martin could become our No.1 next season (I doubt it, but rumours are rumours). Either way, it looks like Ankergren will be having more competition next season.

I disagree. He's clearly got the talent' date=' and he's excellent in front of goal. The only thing he lacks is a decent work rate. If a manager could get him to play more of the team he could become a top player.

We have also been linked with Kelvin Davis and Sam Sodje, but there are some rumous Alan Martin could become our No.1 next season (I doubt it, but rumours are rumours). Either way, it looks like Ankergren will be having more competition next season.[/quote']

We should be able to get Sodje.

Yes he has talent, but it's not like he's the only non league striker with a bit of pace who is ok at finishing. He is not excellent in front of goal, misses a fair few chances, and his laziness overrides any talent he may possess anyway. Week in week out he is not a top striker, simply an average one. I'd take Becchio over him all day.

I know a Bristol City fan, and he claims that they were interested in him (Healy), but can't afford what he wants. I have no idea where he got this from tbf, but if they can't afford him, could we?

Mifsud's been linked on SSN. If this was last season I'd be delighted, but in 08/09 he ended the season on loan at Barnsley and has now been released. Not brilliant, but he might be good for L1.

Sodje's also been released.

David Lucas is in talks with Swindon.

And Gavin Rothery (who we released either last summer or in Jan) has signed a short-term deal with Carlisle. Best of luck to him.