The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

Ankergren was (once again) superb.

Great keeper tbh' date=' I used to think he was poor but having seen more of him this year I've seen how much better he is. Made an awesome save last Saturday against Exeter, best save I've ever seen tbh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8464528.stm Start watching about 48 seconds in, still dunno how he got to it :o

The only player who looked like he was really trying was Max Gradel. Swindon wiped the floor with us. That's the most embarrassing 90 minutes I've had to endure.. well in my life probably.

Swindon fully deserved their win, but in all fairness the ref was terrible. And I'm not saying that with bias, but he was hopeless. To both teams. As the match went on he seemed more focused on getting the home fans on his side than actually giving the right decisions.

Bromby booked for deliberate handball when his arm was by his side. Work that one out. Penalty given because our keeper fell over. Becchio goal ruled out for.. well I have absolutely no idea. And then Gradel skins two players in the box, gets chopped down from the side and the ref waves play on? Clueless. Absolutely clueless.

As for our implosion, I have no idea what to say. What's the point? The only thing cheering me up is Andy Murray, and in all fairness I think I'll spend my Saturday's doing something more productive than watching SSN/listening to the radio/going to the game.

There IS an antidote & I do mean this seriously:-

ALL Players in the next League game which we lose will NOT be considered selection for the next cup game. Play the Juniors if need be. Simples!

Grayson said the same thing for Man United clash. Don't know why he hasn't said it this time round...

9 Years ago today we were about to beat Ipswich away 2-1 in the Premier League to kick start a great second half to the season, only losing one more Premier League game, and eventually finishing fourth to Qualify for Europe yet again.

This season, starting tonight, we're going to qualify for Europe a totally different way. :D

MOT.

Not at all sure about our marking, Defoe and Crouch are being given way too much time and space. But we did OK up to the goal, and after that we were all over Spurs for the rest of the half. Took us to go a goal down before we started playing some quality football, on the deck, quick passing.

Becchio has played very well, as has Snodgrass. And Ankergren once again in hot form. In-fact, most of them have played well, apart from maybe Hughes and Michalik, but those three have stood out for me.

Come on, MOT.

9 Years ago today we were about to beat Ipswich away 2-1 in the Premier League to kick start a great second half to the season' date=' only losing one more Premier League game, and eventually finishing fourth to Qualify for Europe yet again.

This season, starting tonight, we're going to qualify for Europe a totally different way. :D

MOT.[/quote']

Correct me if i;m wrong, but isn't it if you win the Carling Cup, you get into europe, not FA Cup? :o

Unlucky Leeds, you gave it your all at the end of the day but Tottenham put a strong side out because they knew what you were capable of and that was shown again.

To be fully honest, yeah Defoe got an hat trick but how many chances does he need, not just this game but in others too, like the home leg at White Hart Lane!

RE: Mike Grella

I'm curious what your guys' thought are on GRELLA. Had a great university career @ Duke. He's a local guy from here in NYC. From that perspective it was nice to see him get some game time today. I know it's tough to tell how he's doing when he's only seeing 15 minutes here and there, but curious what you are hearing or seeing when it comes to his progression/development. Thanks...

RE: Mike Grella

I'm curious what your guys' thought are on GRELLA. Had a great university career @ Duke. He's a local guy from here in NYC. From that perspective it was nice to see him get some game time today. I know it's tough to tell how he's doing when he's only seeing 15 minutes here and there' date=' but curious what you are hearing or seeing when it comes to his progression/development. Thanks...[/quote']

The fans like him, always gets a big cheer when he comes on. He's the kind of player we like, works his socks off, chases every ball down, and along with that has quick feet as well. He's not strong enough, but if he really wants it then that will come.

As for tonight, crowd was great, players were class, and Defoe's opener was stupidly lucky. We missed Kilkenny, Doyle was poor, Becchio was out of this world.

Time to concentrate on promotion now.

The fans like him' date=' always gets a big cheer when he comes on. He's the kind of player we like, works his socks off, chases every ball down, and along with that has quick feet as well. He's not strong enough, but if he really wants it then that will come.

As for tonight, crowd was great, players were class, and Defoe's opener was stupidly lucky. We missed Kilkenny, Doyle was poor, Becchio was out of this world.

Time to concentrate on promotion now.[/quote']

Best game iv seen Becchio have, he was class.

Would have taken winning the cup over promotion but going up will do i guess.

MOT

Now get on msn.