The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

Without Kisnorbo, our defense is so ridiculously frail it's not even real. I don't know if its communication problems or just being generally pap, but they're awful. Can't fault Lowry, but Michalik doesn't seem to have learned the work "mark" or "goalside" in English yet, Naylor doesn't play well unless he's with Kisnorbo (and gives away tonnes of fouls) and Crowe is nowhere near good enough for us, or any League 1 team for that matter. Terrible positional sense, terrible anticipation, terrible decision-making, hoof-ball.

And we give away way too many fouls in our own half. It seems whenever the opponent hoofs it forwards (which is a lot, at this level), our defenders can't win the ball fairly at all.

Watching Leeds lately has become watching fouls, giving the ball away and wasting some pretty dámn good chances.

Without Kisnorbo' date=' our defense is so ridiculously frail it's not even real. I don't know if its communication problems or just being generally pap, but they're awful. Can't fault Lowry, but Michalik doesn't seem to have learned the work "mark" or "goalside" in English yet, Naylor doesn't play well unless he's with Kisnorbo (and gives away tonnes of fouls) and Crowe is nowhere near good enough for us, or any League 1 team for that matter. Terrible positional sense, terrible anticipation, terrible decision-making, hoof-ball.

And we give away way too many fouls in our own half. It seems whenever the opponent hoofs it forwards (which is a lot, at this level), our defenders can't win the ball fairly at all.

Watching Leeds lately has become watching fouls, giving the ball away and wasting some pretty dámn good chances.[/quote']

Onto the other arm yet? Or is it a leg now?

Without Kisnorbo' date=' our defense is so ridiculously frail it's not even real. I don't know if its communication problems or just being generally pap, but they're awful. Can't fault Lowry, but Michalik doesn't seem to have learned the work "mark" or "goalside" in English yet, Naylor doesn't play well unless he's with Kisnorbo (and gives away tonnes of fouls) and Crowe is nowhere near good enough for us, or any League 1 team for that matter. Terrible positional sense, terrible anticipation, terrible decision-making, hoof-ball.

Watching Leeds lately has become watching fouls, giving the ball away and wasting some pretty dámn good chances.[/quote']

When did you stop being a Leeds fan and become Mark Lawrenson?

Take off those bloody rose-tinted glasses' date=' and tell me where exactly I've spouted something wrong?[/quote']

There are two types of fan in this game Luke. There is the football fan, and the there is the club fan.

The football fan observes a game for enjoyment, to watch the ball get knocked around the pitch, and occasionally into the goal. Either goal is fine for the football fan, as it is the most exciting and important part of the game. For these fans, any match will suffice, and the fan is commonly known to sit around chatting with other fans of the same nature regarding observations they made throughout the ninety minutes.

The club fan doesn't care about the other team. The club fan, particularly in this case, often doesn't care about the standard of football being played. The club fan absolutely loves to see goals in one end, but one cannot think of anything worse in life at that moment of time than the ball hitting the back of the net at the other end. This fan hates conceding goals, this fan hates losing matches, but after all this they still love their club and would back it to the hilt. This fan doesn't watch games to see great football, this fan goes to games to watch and support his team.

I guess what I'm trying to say is no, I don't really want to take these lovely white glasses off. I don't care if we play terrible football, I don't care if some players aren't quite up to Champions League standard, I don't even care if we won every game 1-0 from now on. After all, Leeds didn't get so famous by playing perfect football. I love the club infinitely more than I will ever love the type of football they play.

I suggest you put some 'rose-tinted glasses' on my friend, else the next few years will be a tad painful for your eyes.

However, I am also a football fan, so I will analyse your 'spoutings' as best I can.

Watching Leeds lately has become watching fouls' date=' giving the ball away and wasting some pretty dámn good chances.[/quote']

I have started at the end here, as I think it is quite appropriate. This should read, 'Watching Leeds lately on my television set, my internet, and at Swindon has become watching fouls'.

Now that isn't a dig at you not attending matches, but it is a point that I feel could slightly affect your opinion. See the only times we have been on your television set are the cup matches, and the match against Norwich, correct me if I'm wrong.

We beat Norwich, although they did deserve more out of the game. However, they are a side just relegated from the Championship, with the more experienced set of players. It is the final score that counts though, and it ended with us emerging victorious.

Next is the FA Cup run. We out did ourselves in every match, barring the second round, and I do not think you can argue with that. With regards to the second round, the first was away at a tricky pitch against a team who played football to suit it, and a draw was a respectable result. Secondly, the replay, we came through in the end and it was a reasonable display, bearing in mind that was like Kettering's cup final.

So the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. A weakened side, still tired from the 50+ game season we are to endure, good enough excuse I reckon. But by the way, we still took a side from our current division to a penalty shoot out, with that weakened tired side I just mentioned.

As for the highlights you see. There are two types of goal really, a well worked goal, or a defensive mistake. We're playing in the third tier at the moment, so I'm afraid most of the goals will be defensive mistakes, you should really get used to it.

Without Kisnorbo' date=' our defense is so ridiculously frail it's not even real. I don't know if its communication problems or just being generally pap, but they're awful. Can't fault Lowry, but Michalik doesn't seem to have learned the work "mark" or "goalside" in English yet, Naylor doesn't play well unless he's with Kisnorbo (and gives away tonnes of fouls) and Crowe is nowhere near good enough for us, or any League 1 team for that matter. Terrible positional sense, terrible anticipation, terrible decision-making, hoof-ball.[/quote']

That awful that we have conceded the least amount of goals in the league this season? Can't fault Lowry because you've only seen him once. Michalik knows his strengths. Yes, he has weaknesses, but we can't be picky at the level we're at. He wins a lot in the air, and with a keeper that struggles to catch, and a relatively slow defence, that's priceless. Naylor is utter quality whoever he plays with. He gives away a lot of fouls, which often buys our defence and midfield valuable seconds to regain shape. He also puts some great challenges in as well. He's been booked 60% less than John Terry this season in league matches, that guy Terry must be absolutely horrific at the back in that case. Crowe is a run of the mill right back, which is what we needed, and I can think of a lot of teams in this league that he would walk into.

And we give away way too many fouls in our own half. It seems whenever the opponent hoofs it forwards (which is a lot' date=' at this level), our defenders can't win the ball fairly at all.[/quote']

This is where them glasses come in handy. All good Leeds United Official stockists sell them. It really doesn't matter if it's fair or not, if it looks good, or not. It matters that it keeps it out of the net, which is absolutely vital to help us get out of this league that we are stuck in.

• 3 weeks later...

:confused:Another draw today,still a point but its getting a bit tense.Whats happened,is it on the field or of?

I wasnt too worried 5 games ago but now i am not so sure,we just havent been the same since we beat them lancastrians:)

Hope this bit dip takes a turn soon.

:confused:Another draw today' date='still a point but its getting a bit tense.Whats happened,is it on the field or of?

I wasnt too worried 5 games ago but now i am not so sure,we just havent been the same since we beat them lancastrians:)

Hope this bit dip takes a turn soon.[/quote']

Kev, been a long time mate(guess shes kicked you out :P)

Your right about after beating scum, we have just gone off the rails.but that part of been a Leeds fan, we never do anything easy.

Kev' date=' been a long time mate(guess shes kicked you out :P)

Your right about after beating scum, we have just gone off the rails.but that part of been a Leeds fan, we never do anything easy.[/quote']

Col a good win bout time mate:), might kick us on for rest of season,hope to get over before end of season:),myself and mate getting a bit of stick localy,but we can't live on the scum win forever.

Oh and by the way wasn't kicked,walked mate :P

• 3 weeks later...