The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!11111 :D :D

We've finally' date=' finally done it. Unbelievable!

I take back every single thing I've said all season. I was pessimistic, but after all we've been through, I just couldn't take another failure. And with 10 men and 1-0 down, it looked over. Unbelievable.

It's one step back, but it's one massive step.[/quote']

The biggest step of them all,the Championship is a poor poor standard and think youll easily stay up if you buy well,I mean Leicester and Shorpe have came up and both have coped fine,midtable for you next season I think but your finally out of League One so celebrate that for now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

I had a Heart Attack at the sending off!

I had a Heart Attack at the Goal!

I turned off the TV (Sky Sports News)

And I BUST my heart with PRIDE when I just turned back on now fearing the worst! Whooooooooooooopeeeeeeeee! Marching on Together!!!!!!!

Haha I went through so many emotions today. Unbelievable nerves, worry, upset, devastated, hopeful, delighted, and then unbelievable nerves and hope for the final thirty minutes. And now just sheer utter delight.

When Bristol Rovers scored I was so upset. After a few minutes I turned on the stream and saw it was 1-1. Unmuted SSN and the goal had only just come in. And as I was watching, terrible goal-kick, reminiscent of Forster's way back at the start of the season, falls to Johnson, drives it into the box, defenders gets a touch and it's set up on a plate for Beckford.

Still hasn't sunk in. What a season. Taking Liverpool all the way, beating Man United in their backyard, taking Spurs to a replay, tonnes of last-minute winners, being 8 points clear then throwing it all away, only to reclaim the driving seat with a couple of games to go. One goal away from promotion at Charlton, they grab a late winner. And then today. Player sent off after 30 minutes, 1-0 down early in the second half, then an incredible five minute spell and an unbelievably tense 30 minutes.

Eight years of hell is finally over.

I'm delighted to see Leeds finally going up! It has been long overdue and this club most definitely deserves to be in Premiership.. maybe I'll even start watching it :o

I do feel that Leeds have a great academy, a decent team and a wonderful support, so they should survive in championship and then move up in a season or two. (I know, I'm being optimistic) The day started out great!!!

Seems only yesterday that Smithy and Co were crying their eyes out, along with that kid in the crowd.

Great season for you lot. Who'd of thought you'd beat Liverpool and United and give Spurs a shock, brilliant. Sneaked promotion, probably deserved.

Well done!

Well done :)

Good luck next year :P

Cheers George. Great to see Exeter stay up as well, I wasn't paying much attention to the relegation battle during the match but watching the highlights after the match, a great result for you today and a cracking achievement to stay up. Quality goal from Harley (I think?) to win it too.

The new remastered version of Leeds Leeds Leeds is now available. Leeds fans trying to get it as high as possible in this week's charts. ;)

Currently #8 in iTunes, #1 on Play and #1 on Amazon charts.

You can only download once from each site (if you download more than once, only one download is counted) but you can download from each site.

iTunes

Play

Amazon

Tesco

Is it just me who finds it strange that Angerken is being allowed to leave on a free? He played a lot of games for us!

Leeds have been linked with Szczesny from Arsenal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278958/Arsenal-goalkeeper-Wojciech-Szczesny-targeted-Leeds-Casper-Ankergrens-release.html?ITO=1490

• 4 weeks later...

Watched the Season Review DVD yesterday. The start of it, recapping the Bristol Rovers game, actually brought me to tears again. They did a great job with this video, especially the bit at the start. If you watch it you'll know what I mean, the music especially. The scenes of Elland Road erupting when Beckford scores is incredible. I could (and will) watch this bit of the video over and over again.

My only criticisms is the exclusion of the League Cup and FA Cup games - they included Liverpool, Man United and Spurs but not Darlington, Watford (which would've been nice), Oldham or Kettering. And there wasn't a lot of footage of the Liverpool game (just the goal) nor the Man United game, which was mostly interviews and the goal, but none of the other chances, from either end. They didn't even show the final whistle. :(

But ye, other than that it's a cracking watch. Interviews with Grayson, Naylor, Snoddy and Howson. Snoddy really is an incredible talent. If he can work on his fitness and become a bit more consistent (and improve his set piece delivery) he'd be Premiership standard. And he is only 22. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him playing in the Premiership in the future, hopefully with us.

Anyway, transfers so far:

Ins:

Schmeichel - Notts County (Free)

Paynter - Swindon (Free)

Connolly - Derby (Free)

Outs:

Ankergren - Released

Marques - Released

Youth (Whitwell, Williams, Milne, Watson, R. Jones, S. Jones) - Released

Michalik - Listed

Kandol - Listed

Sheehan - Listed

Robinson - Listed

We still need a LB, CB (maybe two), CM, W and ST to be a real threat, I feel. At the moment it's just a case of snapping up the best freebies before they all go after it's been announced who is being released. After July 1 we should start seeing some money signings, hopefully.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi. i'm a coventry city fan and i'm not in the habit of bigging up other teams, but i've been a season ticket holder for longer than i care to remember and you lot gave your team the best away following i have ever seen at a cov home game. fair play, hope you do well after some sh!tty years. good luck