The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

I just don't think we've brought in enough quality not happy with Piquione from what I here he was awful last season for West ham anyways and remember a few mates constantly winging about how bad he was and how desperate they were to shift him.

My thoughts on the signings:

Norris: Meh he's okay was to good for portsmouth

Varney: Again Okay not a world beater.

Pearce: Like him alot think he's a good singing

Austin: From what i've seen he looks a beast and exactly what we need.

Green: haven't heard anything good about him.

Peliter: Solid Signing should be better than what we had.

Dury: Okay for short term.

Kenny: Bit of experience can never go amiss.

Ashdown: really don't understand his signing but okay.

Diouf: hope we don't give him a contract horrible player.

Gray: Guess he's got a point to prove at Leeds okay short term.

We've got Ricardo Fuller, Kevin Gomez and apparently Ákos Buzsáky on trial? would maybe take Fuller and Buzsaky not really to sure.

Oh Ross Signed a new 3 year deal :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

I just don't think we've brought in enough quality not happy with Piquione from what I here he was awful last season for West ham anyways and remember a few mates constantly winging about how bad he was and how desperate they were to shift him.

My thoughts on the signings:

Norris: Meh he's okay was to good for portsmouth

Varney: Again Okay not a world beater.

Pearce: Like him alot think he's a good singing

Austin: From what i've seen he looks a beast and exactly what we need.

Green: haven't heard anything good about him.

Peliter: Solid Signing should be better than what we had.

Dury: Okay for short term.

Kenny: Bit of experience can never go amiss.

Ashdown: really don't understand his signing but okay.

Diouf: hope we don't give him a contract horrible player.

Gray: Guess he's got a point to prove at Leeds okay short term.

We've got Ricardo Fuller' date=' Kevin Gomez and apparently Ákos Buzsáky on trial? would maybe take Fuller and Buzsaky not really to sure.

Oh Ross Signed a new 3 year deal :D[/quote']

"Pearce: Like him alot think he's a good singing (:) Singer? :)

Austin: From what i've seen he looks a beast and exactly what we need"

These 2 stood out, even in a real "Team Effort". Beast could be a "Monster"!!

To keep this kind of effort up throughout the season we need a bigger squad & such as Diouf I agree doesn't fit the picture, yeah "Horrible" But is Byram another Tom Lees ???

Poor last night seem a bit more realisilient and Blackpool expossed our weak points with there strengths speed and creaivity what we lack. I'd take Busacky put ross on left with Busacky in centre and a fully fit diouf on right, this till january where we (if takeover happens) can hopefully add speed to wings. As well as this we need speed and strength upfront now to keep Becchio on his heels

So this would be my team

Kenny- Outstanding so far

Peltier-seems good Pearce-Solid Lees-for now Drury-(why hasn't he played)

Norris-will do Ruddy-seems very good fingers crossed

Diouf-great touch Busacky-me being extremely optomistic Ross

New striker/ Becchio

That would leave us with a bit better bench

Ashdown- great backup

Kissa- ok for now

Byram- will get better

Brown- Ok for cover

Green- when back could get in for norris

Varney - can play better

Becchio/ New striker

Although this wont happen and Warnock dosent seem to confident in getting any new players and we need to attack more instead of sit back.:)

Just my opinon

• 1 month later...

Talk of LUFC fans being banned for 'up to' 5 away games after the disgraceful behaviour of the scum that travelled to Hillsborough last night.

I am not for tarnishing fans with the same brush, however LUFC do seem to be the exception to the rule.

Really deserve to have the book thrown at them by the FA.

Disgusting and disgraceful club with all the class of Josef Fritzl.

Talk of LUFC fans being banned for 'up to' 5 away games after the disgraceful behaviour of the scum that travelled to Hillsborough last night.

I am not for tarnishing fans with the same brush' date=' however LUFC do seem to be the exception to the rule.

Really deserve to have the book thrown at them by the FA.

Disgusting and disgraceful club with all the class of Josef Fritzl.[/quote']

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Actions of one man should not mean other fans are punished.

I like Leeds, and their fans, fair few numpties about but Dave Jones interview was in poor taste and he shouldnt of called all Leeds fans animals.

Disagree wholeheartedly.

Actions of one man should not mean other fans are punished.

I like Leeds' date=' and their fans, fair few numpties about but Dave Jones interview was in poor taste and he shouldnt of called all Leeds fans animals.[/quote']

I wasn't merely referring to the actions of the fan who pushed Kirkland.

I was also referring to the sick chanting, and destruction of signs and seats at that end of the stadium.

I was also referring to the sick chanting' date=' and destruction of signs and seats at that end of the stadium.[/quote']

Sick chanting ?

Iv seen you on numerous occasions defend United fans as a whole, and rightly so when sections of your fans sing Hillsborough songs. The very fact Sheffield Wednesday fans were singing songs about Turkey and the two lads that died over there means we should take it on face value, not acceptable but both sets of fans were engaged in outrageous and ill chosen chants. Point is why should all leeds fans be punished for the singing of a section ?

I agree, it has no place in football and the destruction of property doesnt either, but it has happened in the past and no one was banned. Sanctions should be taken against those responsible, and charges should be made against leeds but a ban would be over the top and a shame IMO.

I was also referring to the sick chanting' date=' and destruction of signs and seats at that end of the stadium.[/quote']

Do you have a clue? no.

Where you there? no

Should you **** off? yes.

Basically paedo chants vs chants about Leeds fans being murderred in Turkey = no comparison.

You don't have a clue so pisssss off the thread and until you have something of sense to say then stay away.

Yes - the pictures of the damage that was caused to that section of the stadium 'didn't really happen at all':rolleyes:

And because Sheff Wed were also signing disgusting songs, that means you lot have to aswell?

No.

Exactly.

Leeds have been associated wih this level of dirt since the 70's and tbh I think many clubs would not be that unhappy to see Leeds fans barred from all away grounds for a significant amount of time. Or until they can at least respect another clubs 'home' ground.

Yes - the pictures of the damage that was caused to that section of the stadium 'didn't really happen at all':rolleyes:

And because Sheff Wed were also signing disgusting songs' date=' that means you lot have to aswell?

No.

Exactly.

Leeds have been associated wih this level of dirt since the 70's and tbh I think many clubs would not be that unhappy to see Leeds fans barred from all away grounds for a significant amount of time. Or until they can at least respect another clubs 'home' ground.[/quote']

You have to be kidding.

How often have United fans sung about Hillsborough to Liverpool. Seriously, you so far off the mark here.

Leeds have been associated wih this level of dirt since the 70's and tbh I think many clubs would not be that unhappy to see Leeds fans barred from all away grounds for a significant amount of time. Or until they can at least respect another clubs 'home' ground.

Think this is most uneducated bit yet...

Leeds coming to town in the CC is a massive pay day for all teams. They sell double the amount of home tickets and Leeds always fill their away allocation. It's a mini cup final.

Friday night for example. Live on sky, Friday night, ground thats never even half full nowadays, yet Leeds come to town and they sell 30k tickets, Leeds taking 5k of them. That is a lot of money for clubs in the CC. Not all rosey like down the M62 where you can ship fans in from all over the country/world.

By the way, the M62 is a motorway up north that links Leeds to Manchester, as you won't know the area very well.

It would be a disaster for all clubs in that league if Leeds fans were banned from away games.

I am not for tarnishing fans with the same brush' date=' however LUFC do seem to be the exception to the rule.

[/quote']

Everyone know's you're a plonker but you seem to be getting more and more retarded.

Spurs fan attacks Lampard, Huddersfield fan attacked Alan Smith, Aberdeen fan attacks Strachan, Sunderland fan attacks Steve Harper, Celtic fan slaps Dida.

And Leeds are the exception?

Everyone know's you're a plonker but you seem to be getting more and more retarded.

Spurs fan attacks Lampard' date=' Huddersfield fan attacked Alan Smith, Aberdeen fan attacks Strachan, Sunderland fan attacks Steve Harper, Celtic fan slaps Dida.

And Leeds are the exception?[/quote']

Wow the irony in that statement:rolleyes:

If you had read my post correctly you would have seen that I was not merely taking this stance in response to Kirkland being assaulted on the pitch. Many other factors come into play which propel Leeds further than your above examples.

Think this is most uneducated bit yet...

Leeds coming to town in the CC is a massive pay day for all teams. They sell double the amount of home tickets and Leeds always fill their away allocation. It's a mini cup final.

Friday night for example. Live on sky' date=' Friday night, ground thats never even half full nowadays, yet Leeds come to town and they sell 30k tickets, Leeds taking 5k of them. That is a lot of money for clubs in the CC. Not all rosey like down the M62 where you can ship fans in from all over the country/world.

By the way, the M62 is a motorway up north that links Leeds to Manchester, as you won't know the area very well.

It would be a disaster for all clubs in that league if Leeds fans were banned from away games.[/quote']

So to summarise, clubs should 'put up with' things such as players being assaulted, parts of the ground being smashed up, sick chants etc just because "Leeds always fill their allocation" thus bringing in money:rolleyes:

What next - should we 'let off' Serbia with their moronic tosh also as they bring in money for their respective leagues:rolleyes:

Wow the irony in that statement:rolleyes:

If you had read my post correctly you would have seen that I was not merely taking this stance in response to Kirkland being assaulted on the pitch. Many other factors come into play which propel Leeds further than your above examples.

These other factors you discuss, fans are guilty of these across all clubs and should be dealt with, but separately. Your fans (sections of ) have continually mocked Hillsborough for years yet I rightly, always see you saying its only a small minority and dont represent the fans as a whole. Which it is in this case, it was a tense derby, and the situation was exaggerated by the actions of one idiot, who will rightly be punished.

This behaviour needs to be addressed but you cannot punish a club and there fans on the basis of their reputation which was predominantly built many many many years ago and one gimps actions.

Leeds can cause a stir, dont get me wrong. However to ban them from away games would be a sad end to this already stupid situation.

So to summarise' date=' clubs should 'put up with' things such as players being assaulted, parts of the ground being smashed up, sick chants etc just because "Leeds always fill their allocation" thus bringing in money:rolleyes:

What next - should we 'let off' Serbia with their moronic tosh also as they bring in money for their respective leagues:rolleyes:[/quote']

Numerous players have been assaulted by numerous fans of different clubs. The fan gets banned and it gets a column in a sunday paper. Why is this different?

You weren't there so you don't know why the ground got 'smashed up'.

Every single club in the country sings sick chants, so shall we ban them all and just never have an away support?

What happened in Serbia is totally irrelevant to this topic.

You don't have a clue do you. Just stay seated in your arm chair and wrongly judge us as much as you like. Just keep it off this thread.

We should get banned from away games? thats one of the most ridiculous things i've heard. It wouldn't fix anything you'd just have Leeds fans unable to buy tickets sitting in the home end which i've seen happen a quite a lot of times when Brighton we're at the withdean and even at the Play off final against Donny, it would make the situation alot worse. Plus wouldn't it kill the atmosphere? i was in the home end at Brighton last season and the Leeds Away we're fantastic no trouble and made a great atmosphere, Speaking to brighton fans yesterday they don't want leeds to not be at the amex next month it would kill the atmosphere.

One of the most stupid suggestions i've heard, I think we're get a big fine nothing more. the fan will get a prison sentence and be made a example of showing that it won't be tolerated. We should only get warned about the chanting tbh what SWFC we're signing was far more offensive and directed at all Leeds fans rather than Lufc chants at Dave Jones who probably gets them chants quite often. The Stewarding looked awful before the goal in my opinion should have been lots more security there not blaming that for the incident but just think it would of helped.

Also this isn't the first time fans have come on the pitch and done similar incidents okay this one was assault no question to that but anyone remember Kasper Ankergren being confronted by Millwall fans after they scored in the Play Off semi at the Den, No where near as serious but shows things like this happen and wasn't just a one off.

I Think we're be able to grab 3 points at the Amex was there yesterday as there was a free ticket going and they didn't look themselves passing wasn't very deadly and they struggled to keep possession for long periods of Time, CMS was the only player constantly looking for the ball which left him out of position most the time, they struggled to score but we're good defensively, think we need to Sit back and absorb the pressure and play on the break away. Hopefully Austin is back to his normal self come Chartlton on Tuesday we just need a good run towards the New year and be in a strong position.

Good to see Poleon and Thompson go out on loan and both scoring in there first two games think there be able to do well at Bury and should help them out of the tricky situation they find themselves in plus being able to get some decent game time towards there development. Been Impressed by Byram this season think he's been solid hopefully Norwich don't make a bid in Jan :rolleyes:

Reports linking us to Jones and Jerome of Stoke this morning? can't see either happening. Still think we should go for Lee Barnard once his loan at Bournemouth runs out in Jan really like him as a player always committed to the cause.

You weren't there so you don't know why the ground got 'smashed up'.

Oh I am so sorry. I didn't realise that there was a valid reason for damage being caused to that end of the stadium. I didn't realise that Sheff Wed had instructed the fans to tear down signage, remove seats, and damage the toilet facilities amongst other things.

But then again, if I had been there it would have made all the difference to the point:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Dire run of form 2 reds 2 games:eek: Whats happening? From play off position to not far off relegation zone in a blink of an eye:rolleyes: Ohhh to be a Leeds fan.Any one got good news on the horizion:o

Until Bates goes, not much hope for us I'm afraid :( & don't hold your breath :mad:

You guys must be happy :)

lets just hope Warnock brings in some decent quality for you guys and not just journeymen. Need to establish a core of players who could do it in the prem, cus thats where you want to be B)

Heading to a game in the new year, might wait till end of January to see your new signings in action!