The Official Leeds United FC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Leeds United FC I counted wrong, there's actually 14. They are mainly within a 3 year range, because, no matter how it sounds, football is always better when you are winning. I enjoy

Re: The Official Leeds United FC Why are they here in the 1st place? Maybe because from day 1 we have been the biggest footballing nation in europe' date=' and understandably players from the top ec

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

although bates stays and in that title it looks as if he has no control, if this lot have a decent amount of money and passion for the club which it looks as if they do then its brilliant. things couldnt get much worse then they were.

2 new signings in aswell alan tate from swansea not to bothered about but jerome thomas is a start, hopefully a creative mid in jan now and a striker at least :)

although bates stays and in that title it looks as if he has no control' date=' if this lot have a decent amount of money and passion for the club which it looks as if they do then its brilliant. things couldnt get much worse then they were.

2 new signings in aswell alan tate from swansea not to bothered about but jerome thomas is a start, hopefully a creative mid in jan now and a striker at least :)[/quote']

A couple of wins and all could change,a brutal league this,Warnock has done it before and i think he should get a chance,Bates has been a bas ass but and i say this reluctanly he has pulled us out of a hole finance wise even thou to his advantage.Lets hope we dont splash out like QPR:eek: and buy a load of misfits 4 or 5 decent signings should push us on:)

• 2 months later...

We we're never going to win today but it's great to see us playing City anyways.

Personally Think it's time we changed Warnock his tactics are stale and like at Boro in the week he lost us the game by his decision not to make any changes until the 84th min after Boro scored. Id love to see Nigel Adkins come in but at present i really doubt it could happen, he'd add some much need positive thinking into our squad and the fans.

Id like to see what Habibou can offer us he's had a good half season in Belgium and from his twitter he seems like he wants to earn a permanent move. I wasn't to bothered by Becchio's departure he wanted a better wage and we've gained a good replacement in Morrison if he can reproduce what he did at Millwall for Us. Wished we signed either or both of George Boyd and Chris Burke in January Especially George Boyd he seems to be a player who comes up with special moment when there needed and of course now his Vision isn't up to Scratch for Forest :rolleyes: Hull are leading the race for him it seems but he'd be a nice little loan signing imo.

God knows whats going on with the Ownership at present there looking for investors which is fair enough but there's now rumored to be two bids one from Yorkshire and one from Saudi Arabia? pfft after the last sale im done with reading the rumors it's just to stressful :P

We we're never going to win today but it's great to see us playing City anyways.

Personally Think it's time we changed Warnock his tactics are stale and like at Boro in the week he lost us the game by his decision not to make any changes until the 84th min after Boro scored. Id love to see Nigel Adkins come in but at present i really doubt it could happen' date=' he'd add some much need positive thinking into our squad and the fans.

Id like to see what Habibou can offer us he's had a good half season in Belgium and from his twitter he seems like he wants to earn a permanent move. I wasn't to bothered by Becchio's departure he wanted a better wage and we've gained a good replacement in Morrison if he can reproduce what he did at Millwall for Us. Wished we signed either or both of George Boyd and Chris Burke in January Especially George Boyd he seems to be a player who comes up with special moment when there needed and of course now his Vision isn't up to Scratch for Forest :rolleyes: Hull are leading the race for him it seems but he'd be a nice little loan signing imo.

God knows whats going on with the Ownership at present there looking for investors which is fair enough but there's now rumored to be two bids one from Yorkshire and one from Saudi Arabia? pfft after the last sale im done with reading the rumors it's just to stressful :P[/quote']

It's not looking great for us mate, really hope 'Colin W****r' leaves, the football he has us play is awful and when you listen to him speak now he seems to have lost a bit of that passion he used to have as he just seems to joke and make excuses for our terrible performances. I would love to see a summer clear out, I'd keep probably two players from our current side, Tom Lees and Ross the rest just aren't good enough.

It's not looking great for us mate' date=' really hope 'Colin W****r' leaves, the football he has us play is awful and when you listen to him speak now he seems to have lost a bit of that passion he used to have as he just seems to joke and make excuses for our terrible performances. I would love to see a summer clear out, I'd keep probably two players from our current side, Tom Lees and Ross the rest just aren't good enough.[/quote']

Sam Byram's been our best player this season, Austin has shown his class, just a bit off colour at the moment, Diouf has arguably the most talent in the CC, Warnock's a £7 million rated left back. There is a back bone of a team, it just requires £4/5 million and to not sell our best players, and a new manager who plays proper football, and it's a promotion winning side.

Sam Byram's been our best player this season' date=' Austin has shown his class, just a bit off colour at the moment, Diouf has arguably the most talent in the CC, Warnock's a £7 million rated left back. There is a back bone of a team, it just requires £4/5 million and to not sell our best players, and a new manager who plays proper football, and it's a promotion winning side.[/quote']

Has he though I haven't seen rudy play a good game since the start of the season, Sam Byram gives his all and yeah he's still young and developing and he's bound to make mistakes it's just that if we want to be a play off/promotion contending side we need real quality now. Diouf just slows up play, he gets hold of the ball looks lost then ends up going back. It's gonna take more than 4/5 million, we need a box to box midfielder someone like a Kevin Nolan in our side and a goal scoring partnership.

Has he though I haven't seen rudy play a good game since the start of the season' date=' Sam Byram gives his all and yeah he's still young and developing and he's bound to make mistakes it's just that if we want to be a play off/promotion contending side we need real quality now. Diouf just slows up play, he gets hold of the ball looks lost then ends up going back. It's gonna take more than 4/5 million, we need a box to box midfielder someone like a Kevin Nolan in our side and a goal scoring partnership.[/quote']

Austin hasn't been the same since he went off on that first NT duty, but class is permanent and I reckon he'll be back.

A host of clubs from the PL have been watching Byram this season, he's the kind of player that if we go up we need to keep hold of.

Diouf is the one player who you feel can make something out of nothing. He holds it up well, whips a good ball in, and most importantly in the CC can win a freekick out of absolutely nothing. Relieves so much pressure all the time.

I agree, the 3 things we need most are:

1> A CB to partner Lees, why Peltier was there against Boro is staggering to me.

2> A goalscoring midfielder most most importantly a creative one. A lot of times this season we just haven't looked dangerous and created next to nothing.

3> A goalscorer to partner Corms, preferably someone with a lot of pace. Although I'd like to see Habibou get a decent run in the side as he looks like he could bring something a little bit different.

Austin hasn't been the same since he went off on that first NT duty' date=' but class is permanent and I reckon he'll be back.

A host of clubs from the PL have been watching Byram this season, he's the kind of player that if we go up we need to keep hold of.

Diouf is the one player who you feel can make something out of nothing. He holds it up well, whips a good ball in, and most importantly in the CC can win a freekick out of absolutely nothing. Relieves so much pressure all the time.

I agree, the 3 things we need most are:

1> A CB to partner Lees, why Peltier was there against Boro is staggering to me.

2> A goalscoring midfielder most most importantly a creative one. A lot of times this season we just haven't looked dangerous and created next to nothing.

3> A goalscorer to partner Corms, preferably someone with a lot of pace. Although I'd like to see Habibou get a decent run in the side as he looks like he could bring something a little bit different.[/quote']

Austin defiantly needs someone decent alongside him and not Brown literally anyone apart from brown, surely Niel knows he's not good enough. Diouf hasn't got it anymore in my eyes he's no where near at the level maxi gradel and snoddy was for us.

Yeah I agree with you on all three things there, although I think Morrison would be a good partner for Ross. I'm not so keen on Paddy Kenny that much anymore either I would much rather Kieran Westwood from Sunderland he's wasted their. The home attendance at elland road this season hasn't been good enough and I can't blame people for not going because it is expensive especially when the players are not giving anything back on the pitch.

Austin defiantly needs someone decent alongside him and not Brown literally anyone apart from brown' date=' surely Niel knows he's not good enough. Diouf hasn't got it anymore in my eyes he's no where near at the level maxi gradel and snoddy was for us.

Yeah I agree with you on all three things there, although I think Morrison would be a good partner for Ross. I'm not so keen on Paddy Kenny that much anymore either I would much rather Kieran Westwood from Sunderland he's wasted their. The home attendance at elland road this season hasn't been good enough and I can't blame people for not going because it is expensive especially when the players are not giving anything back on the pitch.[/quote']

Agree with just about everything cept possibly Paddy Kenny!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Board Meeting last night, rumors of Warnock leaving by the weekend on twitter anyone think this could be the case or twitter just twitter going mad over nothing?

Odds for New Manager looking like this:

Adkins (11/4); Southgate (6/1); DiCanio (9/1); Poyet (9/1); Coyle (10/1); Parkinson (25/1); Naylor (25/1)

I only really want Adkins, feel it wouldn't work with Di Canio and he wouldn't be in for the long haul due to the West Ham Job, Same with Poyet been linked to the chelsea job in recent weeks although i doubt he'd come to us anyway, Both Coyle and Southgate please god no, Parkinson yes he had a good cup run with Bradford but feel he's being over hyped because of that and Naylor i saw being linked with us on a interim basis last night by a few people on twitter so don't really no what to make of that. One name not on the list is Brian McDermott he did a great job getting Reading into the Prem with very little financial backing so he'd be my second choice behind Adkins.

Board Meeting last night' date=' rumors of Warnock leaving by the weekend on twitter anyone think this could be the case or twitter just twitter going mad over nothing?

Odds for New Manager looking like this:

Adkins (11/4); Southgate (6/1); DiCanio (9/1); Poyet (9/1); Coyle (10/1); Parkinson (25/1); Naylor (25/1)

I only really want Adkins, feel it wouldn't work with Di Canio and he wouldn't be in for the long haul due to the West Ham Job, Same with Poyet been linked to the chelsea job in recent weeks although i doubt he'd come to us anyway, Both Coyle and Southgate please god no, Parkinson yes he had a good cup run with Bradford but feel he's being over hyped because of that and Naylor i saw being linked with us on a interim basis last night by a few people on twitter so don't really no what to make of that. One name not on the list is Brian McDermott he did a great job getting Reading into the Prem with very little financial backing so he'd be my second choice behind Adkins.[/quote']

I did hear that was the case, he's said it himself as well, he really has lost a lot of euthuasim and hunger for the game, you can see that in the way he speks. The Warnock of old would be so feisty and hungry for sucess, but now he just seems to make excuses and joke about it.

I would also love to see Adkins join, a very good manager back to back promotion for Southampton and put them in a good position this season which made his sacking more stranger. Di Canio yeah i agree, he's still learning the side of managment still as well where as need someone who know what it takes to get out of the championship. Adkins likes to play football as well which is something i'd love to see at Elland Road, all it is now is a hoof up to varney.

Good shout with McDermott, he done fantastically well at Reading, played some good football as well.

If Gareth Southgate or Owen Coyle got the job, I think i would actually cry.

I did hear that was the case' date=' he's said it himself as well, he really has lost a lot of euthuasim and hunger for the game, you can see that in the way he speks. The Warnock of old would be so feisty and hungry for sucess, but now he just seems to make excuses and joke about it.

I would also love to see Adkins join, a very good manager back to back promotion for Southampton and put them in a good position this season which made his sacking more stranger. Di Canio yeah i agree, he's still learning the side of managment still as well where as need someone who know what it takes to get out of the championship. Adkins likes to play football as well which is something i'd love to see at Elland Road, all it is now is a hoof up to varney.

Good shout with McDermott, he done fantastically well at Reading, played some good football as well.

If Gareth Southgate or Owen Coyle got the job, I think i would actually cry.[/quote']

Yeah me too Adkins, tho I'd qualify it to say Not a great choice. Anyway I don't think the problem has been at any managers door wether it be Warnock or his predecessers. It has always been "The Selling Board" ie Bates & I'm not convinced everything is "as straight as an arrow" & the new "owners" have to prove they're not still aligned with Bates in their thinking if not ownership. Keep asking yourselves over the next few months what's really changed?

I did hear that was the case' date=' he's said it himself as well, he really has lost a lot of euthuasim and hunger for the game, you can see that in the way he speks. The Warnock of old would be so feisty and hungry for sucess, but now he just seems to make excuses and joke about it.

If Gareth Southgate or Owen Coyle got the job, I think i would actually cry.[/quote']

I agree about Warnock he clearly doesn't want to be at Leeds or even in management at the moment you can tell just in the way he's been conducting himself recently, some of the comments he's been coming out with lately are just asking for him to be abused by fans.

I've been to a few Southampton games this season and have to say he didn't deserve the sack his style of football would suite us perfectly in my opinion, he likes to retain as much possession as possible without killing the tempo of the game, and also in the final third he set up southampton so that there was lots of crosses and over the top balls into Lambert which I think could work perfectly for someone like Morison, he also had success using a second striker playing off the big man down in League one with Barnard and in the championship with Billy Sharp again i feel McCormack could fill that roll, the only gripe i have with Adkins is when it comes to Picking the starting 11 in certain fixtures for example picking Guly ahead of much better attacking players and also he isn't the best in the transfer market imo for example loaning out Sharp and keeping Guly who's awful and not signing Mikel Antonio when they got promoted to the champ, although saying that he has signed some good players in Cork, Clyne, Jay Rod etc just needs a hand when it comes to player recruitment.

Adkins Assistant was Andy Crosby who I believe played for Leeds at Youth team level so id expect him to come as well if Adkins was to join up.

I wouldn't mind McDermott i Read the other other day about his time at Reading he worked with hardly any budgets was made to sell his best players and work with 1 or 2 millions which realistically he could be without here because it's still a mystery what investment will be like in the summer but still managed promotion.

Yeah me too Adkins' date=' tho I'd qualify it to say Not a great choice. Anyway I don't think the problem has been at any managers door wether it be Warnock or his predecessers. It has always been "The Selling Board" ie Bates & I'm not convinced everything is "as straight as an arrow" & the new "owners" have to prove they're not still aligned with Bates in their thinking if not ownership. Keep asking yourselves over the next few months what's really changed?[/quote']

I personally never felt Grayson should have been sacked was gutted when he left, never really had much faith in Warnock felt he took the job generally because he was unemployed and not because he wanted to manage Leeds, Id agree with your point that our problem as a Club has been the management it's very clear that when Bates was in charge it was more about making profit than gaining promotion, I'm still undecided on the new ownership they have only really had the Jan Window to do any business which i personally feel isn't a good time to be investing money in the squad although we did make some good signings in Warnock & Morison, I'll be interested to see how much we spend in the summer and who leaves.

It's reported that Adkins is interested' date=' likes the fan base, stadium etc, but wants promises on ambition, money available etc.[/quote']

The reports seem accurate to me, Adkins is a very positive and down to earth Person so i doubt he'd come if he felt the job wasn't right for him, we fit what he needs as the next step in his career a big club with the ability to bring through players from the youth team whilst also having enough about us to be in the upper reaches of the table if investment is there. Another issue holding back Adkins joining anyone at present is the tribunal over breach of contract with Southampton and knowing Cortese it could be a long winded affair!

Whats you lads thoughts on Steve Morison? only managed to catch extended highlights of the Palace game don't even want to look at what happened against duddlesfield, thought his brace was quality in the palace game the second was a fantastic finish off the drop kick although have no idea what the Palace defense we're playing at! Seeing Becchio sitting on the bench and Norwich starting to slip down the table is making me think we got the better end of the deal!

Whats you lads thoughts on Steve Morison? only managed to catch extended highlights of the Palace game don't even want to look at what happened against duddlesfield' date=' thought his brace was quality in the palace game the second was a fantastic finish off the drop kick although have no idea what the Palace defense we're playing at! Seeing Becchio sitting on the bench and Norwich starting to slip down the table is making me think we got the better end of the deal![/quote']

He didn't play against Huddersfield, neither did Corms. Habib and Diouf played up top.

He looked horrendous first few games, but he was/isn't match fit, and now he's starting to get games he's looking better. He brings something that Becchio doesn't, but at the same time we miss what Becchio gave us.

He didn't play against Huddersfield' date=' neither did Corms. Habib and Diouf played up top.

He looked horrendous first few games, but he was/isn't match fit, and now he's starting to get games he's looking better. He brings something that Becchio doesn't, but at the same time we miss what Becchio gave us.[/quote']

ah fair enough what did you think of Habib any good? Seems like a nice bloke on twitter.

Literally only seen the palace game in recent weeks which by the sounds of it was his best, but good to hear he's starting to find his feet, I wasn't as gutted when Becchio left well not as much so as other key players leave. I think in time Morison could provide us with a good amount of goals maybe not as many as Becchio but as you said it he brings some different to Becchio, we probably could of gone and signed Ulloa if money was there plays very similar to Becchio but has a little more pace has been doing great for the seagulls since his move in Jan!

edit: the Massive change in adkins odds was due to one or two punters putting a lot of money on apparently.

ah fair enough what did you think of Habib any good? Seems like a nice bloke on twitter.

Literally only seen the palace game in recent weeks which by the sounds of it was his best' date=' but good to hear he's starting to find his feet, I wasn't as gutted when Becchio left well not as much so as other key players leave. I think in time Morison could provide us with a good amount of goals maybe not as many as Becchio but as you said it he brings some different to Becchio, we probably could of gone and signed Ulloa if money was there plays very similar to Becchio but has a little more pace has been doing great for the seagulls since his move in Jan!

edit: the Massive change in adkins odds was due to one or two punters putting a lot of money on apparently.[/quote']

I like Habibs I'd like to see him get a run in the team. Looks an absolute nightmare to mark, kind of a poor mans Lukaku. I think both Morison and Corms would play quite well off him.

• 2 weeks later...

So he's gone finally has been coming for a while and glad it was now tbh.

personally want Brian McDermott, He's a very realistic option good experience at this level got Reading promoted after selling key players (even tho I wouldn't want him having to).

Personally wouldn't want Poyet Unless Tarrico came with him, don't think he'd leave Brighton for us anyways!