Sign in to follow this  
crpe_ellis@yahoo.co.uk

The Official Leeds United FC

Re: The Official Leeds United FC

Impossible for me to pick JUST 11, but choose from my favourites below:-

Nigel Martyn, David Harvey, Gary Sprake

John Charles, Jack Charlton, Terry Cooper, Paul Reaney, Paul Madeley, Gordon McQueen, Chris Whyte, David Wetherall

Bobby Collins, Johnny Giles, Lucas Radabe, Gary Mcallister, Gary Speed, David Batty, Norman Hunter, Albert Johanneson, Gordon Strachan, Peter Lorimer, Billy Bremner, Eddie Gray

Lee Chapman, Joe Jordan, Allan Clarke, Mick Jones, Don Weston

All immediately just off the cuff, from memory, so sure I've missed somebody ... like Greenhoff, Bates etc but who have I missed who I definitely shouldn't have? That's the question... Can't think at the minute :confused::o

My first season ticket was in 93 and I cant really remember much of the first couple of years. Gives me about 20 years to pick from.

1. Paul Robinson

2. Gary Kelly 4. Jonathon Woodgate 5. Lucas Radebe 3. Ian Harte

7. Harry Kewell 8. Lee Bowyer 6. Gary McAllister 11. Gary Speed

9. Mark Viduka 10. Tony Yeboah

1. From his break through for the first few years at Leeds, he was absolutely class. Still a very good keeper but them first years he was sensational. Not quite sure what happened, confidence maybe, but never been quite the same.

2. Named my dog after him. Loved an overlap, ever present for years and Leeds through and through.

3. Good defender, good player, unbelievable left foot. The Irish Roberto Carlos.

4. Just a brilliant natural talent. Had it all, pace, strength, reading of the game. Injury stopped him from being an England regular.

5. Was torn for a partner for Woody. Rio was class, Matteo a legend, Wetherall for the header against the Scum, but ultimately I couldn't leave one of the all time greats out. Still sing his name every game at Elland Road, and I'm sure that will be the case in 20 years time.

6. Again torn for this spot, David Batty, Erik Bakke and even Oliver Dacourt all notable mentions. Had to be big Gary in the end though.

7. Controversial for a number of reasons this. Had I been a couple years older would have been easy I suppose with Gordon Strachan. Harry Kewell was my favourite player for a long time. Literally an idol. So much pace and skill, just really exciting to watch. Then he went where he went, said what he said, and things have never been forgotten. He was also a left winger not a right winger, but in todays game I think he'd be a real handful cutting in and running at players.

8. For the years 2000 and 2001 and I don't think there was a better attacking midfielder in England. He was insanely good. Just a shame he was a bit of an idiot off the pitch. He would run forever, great first touch, great end product, and got stuck in big time. Was at the centre of most good things Leeds did, and scored some important goals.

9. Genius. One of the best natural talents I've ever seen. Bit porky but it didn't matter. Bags ofskill, killer finisher, and just had that llittle something special.

10. Foot like a traction engine. Never had anything like him before or since. Don't remember everything he did but the things I do are different class. Notable others include Robbie Keane, Alan Smith and big Jimmy!

11. Gary Speed. No more needs to be said. Trickery, wicked left foot, ridiculous aerial ability. Met him a couple of times as well and he was just an all round nice guy. He got 11 minutes solid chants at the game vs Derby on Saturday, so long after he last featured at Leeds. Says it all for me.

Nice team that Radebe. Will post mine tomorrow or tonight when I get home from seeing us beat the Chelsea scum.

@Soccahappy

How old are you ? some of them players are from years ago :P.

Must be boring if you're posting on here! Been watching a bit out of the corner of my eye, unlucky to be 1 down.

Nice team that Radebe. Will post mine tomorrow or tonight when I get home from seeing us beat the Chelsea scum.

@Soccahappy

How old are you ? some of them players are from years ago :P.

Isn't it rude to ask :D Don't mind giving you a clue as your a Leeds Fan:-

I'm old enough to have watched Jon Charles (and ALL the others!) LIVE from the "White Scratching Shed" & before it had that name, before Super Leeds, Before Revie :eek::eek::eek:

Must be boring if you're posting on here! Been watching a bit out of the corner of my eye' date=' unlucky to be 1 down.[/quote']

Lol, no was not boring, I just had to post something on the forum and saw that someone had posted on here so had a look.

We played very well, unlucky to lose 2-0.

Isn't it rude to ask :D Don't mind giving you a clue as your a Leeds Fan:-

I'm old enough to have watched Jon Charles (and ALL the others!) LIVE from the "White Scratching Shed" & before it had that name' date=' before Super Leeds, Before Revie :eek::eek::eek:[/quote']

Ha ha, I've not got a clue what the scratching shed is :eek:

Lol' date=' no was not boring, I just had to post something on the forum and saw that someone had posted on here so had a look.

We played very well, unlucky to lose 2-0.

Ha ha, I've not got a clue what the scratching shed is :eek:[/quote']

Ok: We sang, "We all live in a white Scratching Shed" to the tune of "Yellow Submarine"... The Elland Road stand was very small at the time :D

Been going to games since I was little, even went to Madrid when I was 3 but can't remember anything from them days.

Going to start from 2007/08 season so not any great players to pick from.

1. Kasper Schmeichel

2. Sam Byram 4. Rui Marques 5. Patrick Kisnorbo 3. Andy Hughes

7. Max Gradel 8. Fabian Delph 6. Jonny Howson 11. Robert Snodgrass

9. Jermaine Beckford 10. Ross McCormack

Defence was rock hard to pick, shows how poor we have been at the back and gutted at leaving Becchio out and still not sure if I've gone with the right one in McCormack.

to post the best 11 they have seen. There will bit a lot of differing teams due to age' date=' opinion, length of supporting etc. [/quote']

Only just found this thread :eek:

I started to support Leeds in 1970, I would have loved to have included some of the great players from this era but only saw my first game in 1976.

So many great players to choose from so I tried to pick a team I thought would be the best to win games.

Nigel Martyn

Paul Madeley

Johnathon Woodgate

Rio Ferdinand

Ian Harte

Lee Bowyer

Gary McCallister

Tony Currie

Harry Kewell

Allan Clarke (my boyhood idol!)

Mark Viduka

I started to support Leeds in 1970' date=' I would have loved to have included some of the great players from this era but only saw my first game in 1976.

So many great players to choose from so I tried to pick a team I thought would be the best to win games.

Nigel Martyn

Paul Madeley

Johnathon Woodgate

Rio Ferdinand

Ian Harte

Lee Bowyer

Gary McCallister

Tony Currie

Harry Kewell

Mark Viduka[/quote']

Great memories :):):)

I started to support Leeds in 1970' date=' I would have loved to have included some of the great players from this era but only saw my first game in 1976.

Nigel Martyn

Paul Madeley

Johnathon Woodgate

Rio Ferdinand

Ian Harte

Lee Bowyer

Gary McCallister

Tony Currie

Harry Kewell

Mark Viduka[/quote']

Wow, that team is (bar a few signings) my Leeds that gave me so much joy in Championship Manager 01/02 (the greatest and most addictive game of all time).