Sign in to follow this  
BowesFC

Tottenham Hotspur EC7484

Re: Tottenham Hotspur EC7484

spursec7478banner.png

BREAKING NEWS!

harry-redknapp-sky-bet.jpg

Harry thanking the Spurs fans for everything

Tottenham Manager Harry Redknapp has accepted the contract which Inter Milan put on the table and leaves with immediate effect, the Spurs fans are devastated

spursec7478banner.png

New Man In Charge!

After Harry Redknapp left Tottenham Hotspur to take over the Inter Milan post, Tottenham’s chairman Daniel Levy had to find the man able to fill the big shoes Harry left. He didn’t have to look to far to find experienced man Michael Bowes who fits kindly into the criteria they were looking for. Bowes hadn’t wasted any time on making his mark on the squad and brought in several key figures who he believes will excel over the course of the season and make them a force to be reckoned with. We caught up with Bowes to go over a few things

Interviewer: First of welcome to London and of course to the Premiership, how do you plan on filling Harry’s big shoes?

Michael Bowes: Thank you, it is certainly a big job to fill but it’s one I’m relishing to do, he gave a lot to this amazing club and I will be doing everything I can to carry on the wonderful job Harry done here. I’ve already got a few players I have in mind who i want to build this club around.

Interviewer: Wonderful news to the Tottenham fans who adored Harry, do you wish to keep many of the stars here?

Michael Bowes: I’ve got a few players which I hope I can hold on to, some will be moved on for them to be able to get first team football and of course the club wish them the best of luck in the future. The new faces that I hope to bring in will make this squad really competitive which I’m hoping will lead to players excelling and making us progress at a fast rate.

Interviewer: What are your main aims this season then?

Michael Bowes: Finishing in the top 4 in the Premiership for sure is going to be my main goal this season, I’m hoping for a nice cup run in either the League Cup or F.A. Cup which I think were more than capable of, but of course were see how the season plans out as I’m sure were pick up a few niggles here and there.

Interviewer: The very best for the season and were hopefully hear from you later in the season

Michael Bowes: Thanks, take care

spursec7478banner.png

New Faces Join!

Michael Bowes has been busy in his first couple of days bringing in some fresh faces to achieve that top 4 finish that hes planning on bringing home to White Hart Line, with all clubs brining in new faces and making the Premiership extremely more competitve than ever before. Tottenham have so far brought in a total of 5 new faces with 9 leaving, here is a list in detail of the current deals he has finalised:

2wbsqqo.jpg

Sami Khedira - £2.8M & R.Sandro & J.Woodgate

2evdowm.jpg

Ferreira Lucio - £2.0M & V.Corluka & B.Alnwick

o52s87.jpg

Thiago Silva - £3.0M & W.Gallas

4f9es.jpg

Philippe Mexes - £1.0M & B.Assou-Ekotto & S.Bassong

51yfpd.jpg

Lucho Gonzalez - £1.0M & N.Kranjcar & J.Jenas

spursec7478banner.png

50554_119221438100212_4510247_n.jpglogoblackpool5.png

With the new Premier League season getting under way and many teams hoping to over achieve it is at White Hart Lane where we are today which is hosting the league match between Tottenham & Blackpool, several new signings appeared for both sides. Balckpool gaving debuts to Muslera, Pereira Maicon, Bacinovic, Topal, Remy & Doumbia with Spurs giving Silva & new club captain Lucio thier first starts.

It was Tottenham who have the host the first goal of the match, Rafael Van Der Vaart hitting in from a terrible back pass (11),

Spurs then doubled there lead when Gareth Bale finished off with a clever strike (36),

Blackpool then got a goal back before half time with new boy Armin Bacinovic hitting a free kick (41),

Rafael Van Der Vaart then headed home with his second of the game (53),

Blackpool then went down to 10 men with Stephen Crainey getting a red card for verbal abuse & for kicking the ball away (66),

Peter Crouch added to Blackpool's misery by adding a fourth by drilling home (79),

With the game reaching its climax Jermaine Defoe claim the goal that took a wicked defletion (81),

Gary Taylor-Fletcher then gets a consolation for Blackpool on (86) minutes.

Tottenham 5-2 Blackpool

Jermain-Defoe.jpg

Jermain Defoe getting the MOM Award!

spursec7478banner.png

Tottenham Add To There Squad

With Tottenham leading the way after the first game manager Michael Bowes decided to freshen the squad a bit more by bringing in some competitive new faces to London with again 5 new faces joining and 10 leaving.

11vnts5.jpg

Sergio Busquets - L.Modric & J.O'Hara

29ygs5e.jpg

Rene Adler - £1.4M & H.Gomes & C.Cudicini

1zbt7ia.jpg

Édinson Cavani - £2.8M & R.Keane & D.Giovani

qq48zq.jpg

Jérémy Menez - £3.2 & D.Bentley

2505jyb.jpg

Claudio Marchisio = £3.7M & Y.Kaboul & P.M'Poku

calumbutcher1011637.jpg

Calum Butcher - 10K to Colchester United

spursec7478banner.png

tottenham.pngdinamoh.png

With the stage set for the beginning of the Europa Leagua Tottenham entertained Dynamo Moskva at White Hart Lane. Tottenham giving debuts to a few of there new summer signings, the likes of Adler, Thiago Silva, Busquets, Khedira, Gonzalez & Cavani all getting there first taste of action in a Spurs shirt. With a croud of just over 30,000 there were still a few empty seats but Tottenham didnt disappoint, Gareth Bale giving Dynamo keeper Vladimir Gabulov a hard time by smashing home a header on (29) minutes. The misery didint stop there for the Russian keeper with Rafeal Van Der Vaart power driving a free kick past him (52). Rene Adler gifted Dynamo Moskva a way back in to the game by giving former FC Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi an easy tap in. Tottenham held out for all 3 points leaving them top of Group B with bottom of the group Borussia Dortmund up next.

Tottenham 2-1 Dynamo Moskva

1zbt7ia.jpg

New boy Cavani getting the MOM Award!

spursec7478banner.png

Tottenham's New Child!

Sergio-Busquets.jpg

We caught up with new summer signing and recent World Cup winner Sergio Busquets as he glady let us talk to him.

Interviewer: Welcome to London Sergio, we must start of by saying well done on your World Cup win, has that sunk in yet?

Sergio Busquets: Its a truly fantastic feeling to be crowned World Champions, im lucky enough to be playing along side some really magically gifted players who can change games in a matter of seconds, i really do believe this is one of the best Spanish teams in history.

Interviewer: So i would think you would want to bring your expirence of winning the most prestigious footballing tournment to Tottenham?

Sergio Busquets: Yes certainly! i want to be able to give my expirence to all the young & older lads and help them out a bit more.

Interviewer: Your still young yet you have played with the best players and won so much already, why did you leave Spain to move here in London?

Sergio Busquets: Barcelona will always be in my blood, but with them bringing in some top quality players in my position like Essien i was told i wouldnt be gaurented to start, Sandro Rosell then came and personally spoke and said Tottenham have declared a strong intrest in me and i couldnt refuse.

Interviewer: So you believe you can win things here at Tottenham?

Sergio Busquets: Of course, Michael Bowes has only recently joined but hes brought in some top quality players who can only makes us go in one direction, i believe were a capable of shocking a few pundits this season and pulling together a good season, it make take a couple of seasons for silverware to come but i truly believe it will happen under this management and i strongly believe this club is going places.

Interviewer: Michael Bowes has declared that your the future of this football club, how much added pressure does that put on you?

Sergio Busquets: No added pressure atall, as a professional footballer you always have pressure, if its from winning games and cups or turning the fan over. Of course to hear things like that from your manager is fantastic and always gives you that extra boost but i feel no more pressure from it.

Interviewer: Thanks for your time Sergio, were catch up sometime over the course of the season to see how your doing, all the best"

spursec7478banner.png

wolves-badge1.pngtottenham.png

With Tottenham preparing for there first away match of the season against Wolves they were going to be missing a key member of the first team, Sergio Busquets took a little knock in training and wasnt match fit, this was great news for Aaron Lennon though who took his place on the wing with Lucho Gonzalez moving into the middle. Tottenham was the team who got off to the better start with Jermain Defoe smashing home a amazing overhead kick (10). It was then the time for the home fans to have something to cheer about, Giuseppe Rossi making the most of poor defending just before the break (40). The home side came out the better team in the second half and was rewarded when Ibrahim Afellay striked in off the woodwork after a clever pass (63). It was then time for Spurs striker Jermain Defoe to bag his second of the match and thrid this season by scoring another fantasic solo effort (84). The match ended in a draw even with the pressure the home side was giving to the mighty Spurs.

Wolves 2-2 Tottenham

400x400_1282073676_spt_ai_youngboysvtottenham_08-300x300.jpg

Jermain Defoe gets his second MOM award this season!

spursec7478banner.png

Tottenham's New Young Gun!

1zyh55d.jpg

Zakaria Labyad joins for £400K

With manager Michael Bowes stating that hes very happy with the team hes built so far, hes decided to invest in some future talents. Hes started off big with 17 year old former PSV attacking midfeilder Zakaria Labyad coming to play his trade in England. The Dutch born youngster is tipped to have a huge future and Michael Bowes is delighted to have him at Tottenham. "When a player that has so much talent & potential becomes available you've got to pounce early, and thats what weve done as there was intrest from League One side Rochdale, Zakaria has the mentality to be a big star here". He expected to get the odd games here and there as he continues his develop on becoming a house hold name across the world.

spursec7478banner.png

Young Stars Arrive!

Tottenham Hotspur manager has been busy recently in adding quality to the first team. After a busy first few days Michael Bowes has cooled his spending and has began to improve the youth squad side of the team. With 8 new faces joining from all over the world it takes the tally to 19 in already this early in the season.

142bsqg.jpg

Dennis Chessa - £480K

2w56hkh.jpg

Pietro Perdichizzi - £560K

fota_1517.jpg

Bryan Rabello - £450K

11v15kp.jpg

Felipe Anderson - £400K

genoaboakye.jpg

Yiadom Boakye - £360K

riycf5.jpg

Ishak Belfodil - £300K

sd0abq.jpg

Kevin Volland - £490K

232r6d.jpg

Harry Novillo - £300K

spursec7478banner.png

arsenal-fc-logo.pngtottenham.png

The stage was set for the London derby between Arsenal & Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Staduim, with both teams sitting at opposite ends of the table early on it was a game Arsenal had to win to get there season back on track, with them only picking up the one point the game before against Blackburn Rovers the fans expected them too come good against high flying Spurs. Michael Bowes have had the better of results of late out of the two managers and was keen to add to there unbeaten run so far this seson with a win. Tottenham rested playmaker Rafael Van Der Vaart due to a illness picked up over the week with Claudio Marchisio getting the nod to play, while Arsenal feilded a full strength side it was going to be a cracker! The match got off to a slow start with few opportunities in front of goal intill Jermain Defoe silenced the home crowd with a diving header at the back post (27). Half time came at a good time for Arsenal and could give the players a chance to come out all guns blazing. The second half started of much like the first with few shots with Jermain Defoe going off with a expected Torn Hamstring, losing Defoe was a big blow to Tottenham who had been in fine form scoring 4 in 3 games, but Tottenham extended there lead with a thunderous drive by Sergio Busquets on (82) minutes. The match ended 2-0 with Tottenham extended thier run to 4 games unbeaten and pushes them back in to the top 4.

Arsenal 0-2 Tottenham

11vnts5.jpg

Sergio Busquets getting the MOM award for the first time this season!

spursec7478banner.png

Tottenham Star Is Out Injured!

?type=display

Jermain Defoe has been left stratching his head at the thought of being out of action for 5 weeks. The striker, who has been in fine form of late bagging 4 goals in 3 Premier league matches and netting one in the recent victory over rivals Arsenal, has been left nursing a Torn Hamstring and now put a lot of strain on the front line on Spurs. With only 3 strikers at the club being Edinson Cavani, Peter Crouch & Roman Pavlyuchenko being the only expirenced lads who can fill the front 2 spaces. Manager Michael Bowes said its time for the young lads Kevin Volland, Yiadom Boakye & Iahak Belfodil to step up to the mark if needed upon.

spursec7478banner.png

Four Go Out On Loan!

Four promising prospects, three being new summer signings, have gone out on loan to have more chance of getting first team football. It is believed that Mr Bowes feels that it will help with the development of these fine youngsters and give them valuable expirence of first team football.

2w56hkh.jpg1zyh55d.jpg

Pietro Perdichizzi & Zakaria Labyad have gone out to Dylan Ritchie's Milton Keynes Dons

232r6d.jpg

Harry Novillo joins Jamie Dawe's Burton Albion

_49253271_104344258.jpg

Steven Caulker joins Cathal Crumlish's Hereford United

spursec7478banner.png

5.pngtottenham.png

Tottenham took the trip to Germany to face Borussia Dortmund in the second match of the SMFA Shield Group B. After the first bunch of games, both these these had opposite results. Tottenham beating Dynamo Moskva and Dortmund losing to Sporting CP. With the recent injury to Jermain Defoe it gave Peter Crouch the chance to impress the manager. The match started out evenly with very few chances, it took (41) minutes untill Gareth Bale bagged his second in the competition by slotting home a fine solo goal. The second half started off very brightly for Tottenham with 2 goals in 2 minutes, Rafael Van Der Vaart calmly placing a penalty past Paul Robinson (47). With hardly anytime for Dortmund to clear there heads and start a come back Peter Crouch found some pace and fired in from 15 yards (49). Tottenham were soon to be reduced to 10 men when Sergio Busquets was sent down the tunnel early for kicking the ball away and mouthing of ref Lubos Michel (69). Borussia begun to get in to the game but was proved to late as the final wistle blew leaving Tottenham top of the group while proving Dortmund will have a tough time progressing while they lie bottom and already 6 points behind Tottenham & Sporting

Borussia Dortmund 0-3 Tottenham

400x400_PeterCrouchNew10-300x300.jpg

Peter Crouch getting the MOM award!

spursec7478banner.png

Young Starlet Leaves!

142bsqg.jpg

Tottenham's young central midfield Dennis Chessa has today joined Wycombe Wanderers on loan to try a get some first team football. The deal is believed to be a season long loan with both teams allowed to cancel anytime they feel they need/dont need him. Chessa is said to be looking forward at breaking in to the Wycombe first team and getting some much needed game time for his development