Sign in to follow this  
Machine

The Great British League - discussion thread

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

BARNSLEY 2 - 1 BANGOR

3rd defeat on the bounce for Bangor. Despite dominating we were undone in Yorkshire - Young Vikor Fisher's sending off in the first half did not help. Ahmed Musa on target for us.

Just 15 points gained from our opening 13 games means we are now only one place above the relegation zone!!

Bangor Line-Up:

GIEFER, WILLIAMS, CAVANDA, NASTASIC, HOGER, HERRERA, BARRADA, ALVAREZ, KACANIKLIC, MUSA, FISCHER

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

CRISIS AT CLANDEBOYE PARK!!

BANGOR 1 - 2 WATFORD

5 league defeats in a row now - the latest a humiliating home defeat to rock bottom Watford - the whipping boys of the division.

Bangor Line-Up:

GIEFER, CAVANDA, SOUARE, VAN RHIJN, NASTASIC, OBIANG, HOGER, MUSA, BARRADA, ALVAREZ, SIGHTORSSON

The only good news this week....

56374_1350507068.jpg

Imoh EZEKIEL

+8 to 84

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

TURNED A CORNER??

Bangor have put an end to our losing streak with a 0-0 draw at Portsmouth followed by a 4-0 drubbing of high flying Stoke. Alvarez, Barrada and Sigthorsson (x2) were on target as the Seasiders revised 4-5-1 formation began to pay dividends in an impressive display.

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

THE REVIVAL CONTINUES!!

MIDDLESBROUGH 1 - 5 BANGOR

The turn around in fortune continues with a thumping win at Middlesbrough. Sigthorsson grabs a hat-trick and Barrada a brace as the Seasiders blow their hosts away - All 5 goals coming before half-time.

Bangor Line-Up:

GIEFER, HOGER, VAN RHIJN, NASTASIC, CAVANDA, OBIANG, BARRADA, MUSA, CUENCA, ALVAREZ, SIGTHORSSON

Niklas Fullkrug (£3.6m to Bremen) and Marllon (£2.8m to Guarani) will both be leaving the club shortly as the transfer window re-opens.

Getting busy with the fizzy over at Annan.

In a super market sweep stylee - I've nipped around the global football markets grabbing as many low cost risers as is possible within 2 minutes and sticking them in my trolley, the result is as follows:-

Cristofer VARGAS

Lucas BIJKER

Marek SOVCIK

Jeffrey RIJSDIJK

Robert KIRSS

James OKWUOSA

Limbikani MZAVA

Gerardas ŽUKAUSKAS

Edinson CHÁVEZ

Juan ARBOLEDA

have all agreed to join. It may be some time in a few cases but all should secure rises and make me a good few quid.

Admittedly most sound like baddies from a Stallone film and each would get max points on a scrabble board (if names were allowed) but its all about the benjamins' with these lads.

GBLBANGOR-2.jpg

Four signings and one rise to report today....

SIGNINGS

56006.jpg

Martin POSPISIL

18 starts for Sigma Olomouc this season for the 21 year old Czech midfielder - as well as a senior cap for the national team. Currently rated 78 and signed for £1.2m.

62524.jpg

Emiliano VELAZQUEZ

Ever present for Danubio this year, the 18 year old defender is underrated at 76 and cost a meagre £900k.

50560.jpg

Matias NAVARRETE

Started all games this season for high flying Union Esponola in Chile. £550k for the 75 rated 21 year old should turn a decent profit.

52736.jpg

Ilias BEN HASSANI

24 starts and 7 goals for Sparta Rotterdam as they lead the way for promotion back to the top flight in Holland. The 20 year old Moroccan looks a real prospect with great pace, a few tricks and a decent finish on him. Picked up for just £575k.

RISE

54493.jpg

Diego DE BUEN

+5 to 82

Not had a transfer tug of war for a while, found myself head to head on three guys with Stew over at Stenhousemuir.

The end result is most satisfying:-

Ed Moses gets their man! Vardan Bakalyan will join their Annan Athletic squad from FC Pyunik for £300,000

Pleased, Stew had gone to £255k so squeezed him out.

Ed Moses unveils their new signing! Steven Ross will join their Annan Athletic squad from Ross County for £50,000

Exact same bid as Stew but he comes my way.

Juan DEUSA has completed his move to Annan Athletic from Boyacá Chicó for £50,000.

As with Steven Ross, same bids but he heads over to Annan. And who said physical “favours”, ahem, don’t work with players.

Unlucky Stew, but I wont hide the fact I am pleased.

Another couple lads in to join the Annan Fun Bus

Ed Moses gets their man! Enes Saglik will join their Annan Athletic squad from KSC Lokeren for £1,120,000

Ed Moses unveils his new signing! Dominique Heintz will join their Annan Athletic squad from Kaiserslautern for £450,000

Hopefully got a few more to come in, just working things through as we speak....

_66567789_glabank.jpg

More lads coming in, all due rises somewhere between 4 and 5 over time

Annan Atheltic have completed the signing of.......

George SAVILLE for £280,000

Tommaso MOROSINI for £620,000

Federico CECCHERINI for £790,000

Richard LASIK for £1,410,000

Ángel TRUJILLO for £860,000

Barrera DEIVID for £990,000

Diego FALCINELLI for £540,000

Björn JOPEK for £760,000

GBLBANGOR-3_zpsa3a2ed99.jpg

MEZA AND VIGON SIGN FOR BANGOR

50965.jpg58542.jpg

Colombian defender Francisco MEZA (£2m, 80) arrives from Sante Fe and Mexican midfielder Juan Pablo VIGON (£360k, 75) arrives from Atlas in the latest round of signings for Bangor.

Both players are young, have racked up plenty of game time and should be looking at decent rises next time they are done.

BANGOR 3 -2 BIRMINGHAM

The in-form duo of Abdelazziz Barrada and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson(2) provide the firepower as Bangor continue to rescue their season - now just 4 points off the play-offs which has to be the realistic aim for this season.

Bangor Line-Up

GIEFER

HOGER - VAN RHIJN - NASTASIC - CAVANDA

MUSA - OBIANG - BARRADA - CUENCA

ALVAREZ

SIGTHORSSON

Hayes still pottering away ,we are 2nd place in the 2nd division at the half-way stage , but Stenny are grinding away with a great run of victories in 3rd place just 4 points behind so looks like a good 2nd half season is needed.

I pretty much love the way this team is building and we have a few cracking you players like Marquinos,De Sciglio , Ovideo, Shaw ,Ba , Allan, Cabella ,Leitner, Anderson ,Nem ,Boakye, Fernandes ,Pukki and the Montpellier pair Herrera & Charbonnier with plenty others in youth team/out on loan.

Hopefully we can climb up to that top division this season but not holding my breath as its a long way to go.

NASTASIC THE HERO FOR BATTLING BANGOR

s_143559_281_2013_01_15_1.jpg

NORWICH 0 - 1 BANGOR

A 5th minute sending off for Pedro Obiang did not help the cause for Bangor at Carrow Road. The Seasiders rode a turbulent opening to the game and proved resilient, playing with 10 men for the best part of 85 minutes to snatch all three points courtesy of a last minute winner from captain Matija Nastasic.

This latest win in our recent turnaround raises us to 11th in the league and, crucially, now just 2 points off Ebbsfleet in the lowest play-off position.

n_20121122134223_supuesto_interes_del_madrid_en_lucas_mugni.jpg

In other news, Argentine prospect Lucas MUGNI receives a +6 today to reach 84 rated.

Ed Moses steered Annan Athletic to victory against Ipswich Town.

Annan Athletic beat Ipswich Town 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Rodríguez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Ferreyra was also on the scoresheet for his side.

11pts clear at the top with a 40+ goal difference - i'll be playing third division football next season or my name isnt EdMoses.

Actually, my name is NOT EdMoses

Hayes battle to win 3-2 and with Stoke only drawing Hayes go top of Division 2, still a long way to go so not getting carried away.

Hayes sell of Stenderup who Ed Moses broke and a young Mexican lad I cant remember his name.

Bringing in young keeper Branescu.