The Great British League - discussion thread

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread!

Not far off now Dave' date=' Dom is now in for the vanished Villa888 so we've got 19 who should be solid.

TBrough hasn't been on since the 5th though which is nae use so he may need replaced...basically we're just one experienced, reliable, trust-worthy forumer (who can commit to staying until at least the end of the 1st season) away from getting this show on the road....... :)[/quote']

Sorry about that...had internet issues and was cut off from the world :(

I am here, ready and able whenever...and I do apologize if I was the reason for the delay :)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Sorry about that...had internet issues and was cut off from the world :(

I am here' date=' ready and able whenever...and I do apologize if I was the reason for the delay :)[/quote']

TBrough and myself have had a PM chat where I explained that Will had already accepted my invite to take TBrough's spot before I saw this post, which is why Will is now in and is also why under the circumstances TBrough moves to first choice if we lose anyone else.

Will has picked Tamworth which means Steve025 is left with Montrose.

This means that barring any further confusion we have our new final 20 :)

Need to get some shut-eye now but I'll be on again in a few hours, then you lot can tell me when's the best day to make this to maximize our time before the first match :D

Ok folks reckon i'll have a bash at creating this tonight :)

Once it's created the most secure way for folk to get their teams is to add me as a friend in-game and i'll send the job offer.

To do that you all need to find me under my secret-ish real identity of "Stewart Lauder" - basically search "Lauder" in the surname field and i'm easy to spot as i'm the guy holding the huge missile/ rocket :D

A reminder of the D4 managers and teams:

Stifler - Bangor

swanseajack - The New Saints

Longnose - Airbus

ExiledScotInTheUSA - Albion Rovers

Toonfanforlife - Annan

drseanfitz - Dumbarton

EdMoses - Fleetwood

Dale147 - Alloa

KopStar - Llanelli

Lenny59 - East Stirling

1CapWonder - Barrow

sirmarkhughes - Hayes & Yeading

sonofpluto - Prestatyn Town

Gozzy - East Fife

Dom Latouche - Histon

HerculePoirot - Ebbsfleet

Steve025 - Montrose

Froz3en - Newport

Will - Tamworth

Machine - Stenhousemuir

Obviously if your in-game account name is different from your forum name let me know so that everyone gets the right team, ideally if you can add me asap it means by the time the custom is open i could in theory be sending all the job offers at the same time.

Once the custom is open i'll probably start a new thread for match reports etc but will post back here with the link so don't worry.

Right, think that's everything.......

Hey all, good news and bad news regarding this.

The good news is that it is now open and looking GREAT, we've a warm-up friendly on Thursday with first game proper on Sunday :D

The bad news is that as I've only had about 5 of you add me in-game i'm not going to start offering the jobs out until tomorrow morning.

This is nothing personal against those who've added me as I know no-one would make bids tonight anyway but if I wait until tomorrow it keeps everything above board until the stragglers read this.

Means everyone will have had a full 24 hours to add me and so can't complain, this shouldn't be a problem anyway as most of us are on here on a daily basis :)

Hey all' date=' good news and bad news regarding this.

The good news is that it is now open and looking GREAT, we've a warm-up friendly on Thursday with first game proper on Sunday :D

The bad news is that as I've only had about 5 of you add me in-game i'm not going to start offering the jobs out until tomorrow morning.

This is nothing personal against those who've added me as I know no-one would make bids tonight anyway but if I wait until tomorrow it keeps everything above board until the stragglers read this.

Means everyone will have had a full 24 hours to add me and so can't complain, this shouldn't be a problem anyway as most of us are on here on a daily basis :)[/quote']

added you buddy Dominic (swindon1991forum) Latouche with fergie holding a until we score board!!!!!!!!!

Hey all' date=' good news and bad news regarding this.

Means everyone will have had a full 24 hours to add me and so can't complain, this shouldn't be a problem anyway as most of us are on here on a daily basis :)[/quote']

Sounds good to me Stew.......Fair for everyone

have made the friend request mate.

So to clear it up for my flu riddled mind this am - we can only buy players that are not rated higher than 80 and not from unmanaged right.

That doesnt mean we have to sell themn when they get over 80 in our charge though right. I guess I really should be couting (clearly I mean trawling the forum for others hard work) right about now....

have made the friend request mate.

So to clear it up for my flu riddled mind this am - we can only buy players that are not rated higher than 80 and not from unmanaged right.

That doesnt mean we have to sell themn when they get over 80 in our charge though right. I guess I really should be couting (clearly I mean trawling the forum for others hard work) right about now....

That's correct Ed - NO buying from unmanaged and NO buying rated over 80 - but yeah of course if you get someone rising above 80 you can keep them (although given their CV will be sky high you'll probably be tempted to sell them anyway!).

Just about to start offering out the teams although the following still need to add me in-game (see the previous page for details):

sonofpluto

swanseajack

Steve025

Toonfanforlife

KopStar

sirmarkhughes

Starting today is better anyway as the no-names have been added so everyone has minimum 21 players now - haven't spotted any Maltese so far though :)

Sorry for the delay' date=' thought i'd better sort the new thread before doing job offers:

[url']http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=1320648#post1320648[/url]

Will make job offers right now :D

I was maybe a bit vague but that's the link for The Great British League News & Match Report Thread above.

I was thinking it would be a mixture of chat and M/R's but do you reckon i should just try and get the name of this changed to a "discussion" thread, and keep the other one for more formal reports?

I was maybe a bit vague but that's the link for The Great British League News & Match Report Thread above.

I was thinking it would be a mixture of chat and M/R's but do you reckon i should just try and get the name of this changed to a "discussion" thread' date=' and keep the other one for more formal reports?[/quote']

I would mate, that way this will be a complete and uninterrupted history of the setup.

Can u clarify if the gw is open for transfer dealings or nit at the minute, there's clearly some confusion (probably on my part! )

:eek: i was unaware of this? I saw another team bidding for people on my gold shortlist so thought we were allowed?

Not sure, the idea is a level playing field and if anyone gets a couple of agreed deals purely cos they have their application accepted sooner that seems very unfair.

No doubt this will be cleared up though shortly.

But deals take 24 hours to be accepted, so everyone has 24 hours after the league opens to make their offers. Surely this is as fair as you can get?

People will get back from school etc in the next hour so that is when most will bid i imagine?

Not sure' date=' the idea is a level playing field and if anyone gets a couple of agreed deals purely cos they have their application accepted sooner that seems very unfair.

No doubt this will be cleared up though shortly.[/quote']

The situation is i've offered 14 of the 19 jobs out (i.e everyone who has added me) and the 5 remaining (swanseajack, Steve025, Toonfanforlife, KopStar & sirmarkhughes) just need to add me in-game - these 5 are regular forumers who i'd expect to be on today at some point.

Any bids made just now won't be accepted until tomorrow by which point everyone should be in so it shouldn't be a problem to make bids just now.

Also this thread has been getting posts every day for the last few days so unless they've unsubscribed for some reason then the famous 5 should all be aware (in fact i know for sure one of them defo is as he PM'd me yesterday).

I'll send them all a PM anyway to remind them, wouldn't want folk raising questions about the integrity of the GBFA within the first 24 hours! :)