The Great British League - discussion thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

I've confirmed 4 signings so far, got some more bids in, but four are definatly going through whilst i lost out on a couple. They may just seem random sorts, rated 70ish players in England but they are a lot more then that, well to me anyhow.

The offer for Scott RENDELL of Wycombe Wanderers from The New Saints has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Rating: 72, Aged: 24, Position: CF

He should be the highest rated forward for TNS at the early part of the season. He's got some very good potential, he's only 24 and he seems to be one of the main forwards and infact players for the current Wycombe Wanderers side that look to threaten for automatic promotion in League 2. At the moment he's playing at a 74/75 standard, with 9 goals already this season for Wycombe, whilst he does have the potential to play in the league above.

The offer for Jamie GREEN of Rotherham United from The New Saints has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Rating: 72, Aged: 21, Position: LB/LM

He's not played very much this season for Rotherham, but he is only 21 and does have a good future. I'm relying on Rotherham to get promoted, which looks likely with the goals of Adam Le Fondre and if they do manage to do that then he's got the potential to rise. But to be honest i'm just looking for him to be a key player for me and to raise some sort of a profit to bring in better players to the club.

The offer for Danny KEDWELL of AFC Wimbledon from The New Saints has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Rating: 70, Aged: 25, Position: CF

I see a lot of potential in Kedwell, like i do in Tubbs, despite them not being particuarly new to the game and only playing conference football. Only two can be promoted, but i'd expect them to be Wimbledon and Crawley so i'm hoping these two can prove to be good signings. Kedwell's scored 12 goals already this season, he's the main man for Wimbledon who are a side on the up and he is a player that looks like he could hit as high as 75 is Wimbledon are promoted.

The offer for Matt TUBBS of Crawley Town from The New Saints has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Rating: 69, Aged: 26, Position: CF

Similar sort of potential to Danny Kedwell, and already with Tubbs, Kedwell & Rendell i have possibly as high as 75% of my attack for the season. Tubbs is one of the big players that Crawley spent some real money on in the summer and he's proved to be a player that is so crucial to the Crawley Town side. 21 goals already this season for Crawley, yes that's right 21, and 19 of which are in the league in a total of 20 league matches. If he keeps up this form he'll be at 40 league goals at the end of the season, he's phenomenal at this level and he's picking up notice in the FA Cup aswell. Crawley will certainly challenge Torquay and that could well reach the 5th round, a big tie in that and Tubbs could be attracting a lot of interest. Already Charlton, Peterborough & Shorpe are looking to bring him in but he'll stay at Crawley untill the end of the season but nethertheless he wont be leaving TNS whilst im at the club.

Confirmed so far for Stenhousemuir:

The offer for James VIRGILI of Newcastle Jets from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Rating: 65 Age: 18 Position: F

One for the future, and probably won't rise much due to limited minutes for Newcastle Jets but apparently has lots of potential

The offer for Panagiotis NIKAS of North Queensland Fury from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Rating: 70 Age: 22 Position: DM

Now this guy does have plenty minutes, so hoping he can become my midfield anchor :D

Have one other i'm fairly sure i've got as i've bid £3,000 more for him than East Stirling did - but i never like to comment on these things until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed...... ;):)

You do get revenue from friendlies' date=' but not very much revenue. You generally get 20% crowds for friendlies, but nethertheless if it seems to work i might organise a couple over the course of the season.[/quote']

*rushes off to arrange as many friendlies as possible*

Guest drseanfitz

The offer for Free Agent Josh MORRIS from Dumbarton has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

starting to get a bit of gametime at Blackburn Rovers.

I think this will make me the first person to sign a Premier league player

Completed the signing for an 80 keeper Sebastian Mielitz who will be the key to my success :P Also big Italian talent Lorenzo Crisetig rated 75 and Loick Pires rated 70

More will come soon :P

It will take a while for me to get over Rodrigues Lucas mind :mad::(:P

HAHA!!! It was clever stuff as i knew you would bid 380 so i bid 381 very clever and great purchase!! TSHIMANGA, Katuku hes a LB who should hit 75 to 82 in the belguim changes good talent, VANDAMME, Jens has game time so worth a punt hes 69 rated hopefully will rise between 73 - 75 next changes , KOUROUMA, Tidiane who should rise from 72 - 75 at least and of course lucas!!!!!!!

HAHA!!! It was clever stuff as i knew you would bid 380 so i bid 381 very clever and great purchase!! TSHIMANGA' date=' Katuku hes a LB who should hit 75 to 82 in the belguim changes good talent, VANDAMME, Jens has game time so worth a punt hes 69 rated hopefully will rise between 73 - 75 next changes , KOUROUMA, Tidiane who should rise from 72 - 75 at least and of course lucas!!!!!!![/quote']

Well yeah, that's what I sometimes try to do, but I'm usually unsuccessful as the transfers don't get accepted in time :P I call it hijacking ;) I just hope Lucas does well for your club mate :P Instead I'm hopefully getting a 5 star talent Erik Lamela to replace him so it all works out in the end :D

Well yeah' date=' that's what I sometimes try to do, but I'm usually unsuccessful as the transfers don't get accepted in time :P I call it hijacking ;) I just hope Lucas does well for your club mate :P Instead I'm hopefully getting a 5 star talent Erik Lamela to replace him so it all works out in the end :D[/quote']

WOW thats a good replacement!! my team is going to be so good when the belgium changes are done!!!!!!!!!! But i have 2 or 3 english players that wont be great risers but are very good and will rise slowly but belgium changes cant wait!!!!!!!!!

WOW thats a good replacement!! my team is going to be so good when the belgium changes are done!!!!!!!!!! But i have 2 or 3 english players that wont be great risers but are very good and will rise slowly but belgium changes cant wait!!!!!!!!!

Belgium changes should only be round the corner anyway. Dumbarton outbided me for Courtois by involving a player so no Belgium risers for me :P

Guest drseanfitz

Belgium changes should only be round the corner anyway. Dumbarton outbided me for Courtois by involving a player so no Belgium risers for me :P

Surprised on that one' date=' the keeper was worth over £1mil in exchange, despite a CV of about 500k

but MUCH happier with this one:

The offer for Mattia DESTRO of Internazionale from Dumbarton has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

CV £1.1mil getting for a player who's CV is £680k

Very happy with my signings at Tamworth. Got a few really talented English boys from league one, surely they will be reviewed soon as haven't been in over a year :eek:. Anyway some nice rises when they do :).

I overpaid for my two South Koreqns, but they should rise up to 78/80 tomorrow or friday so will be worth it then.

Was very suprised to get Kevin De Wolf and Antheunis without much competition as they are set for big rises in the Belgium changes :D.

Finally i bought in the FA Cup star Adam Birchill from my local team, Dover. This will be the only gameworld i could get him playing in :P.

Happy with my signings for Hayes nice couple to build around not really got much cash left but the signings of Patrick ,Aruajo and Ignatovich please me and are a core of a team with Masip in the goal.

Jordi Masip From Barcelona B -goalkeeper

Ricardo Chara From Empoli -centre back

Diego Minaya From Sporting Crystal-Defender

Sergio Aruajo From Boca Juniors -Forward

Alan Patrick From Santos-Attacking Midfielder

Pavel Ignatovich From Zenit-Forward

I know little to nothing about risers, so will now sit back a little and watch you run out of cash before buying anymore but happy with this one:-

Yong LEE, overpaid for him (433k plus rubbish 10k player) but rose to 80 today and now valued at £3.5m.

I am in the processes of dropping 6 teams but will be keeping just my 106, 5579 and this one so I hope its going to be as good as I think it will be!

So what will everyone's wages look like for the first friendly tomorrow? I will be around the 65' date='000 mark though will try and trim it to 60,000 for the league matches. Hopefully this won't be too much :o.[/quote']

At £74k at the minute. Anyone had any external bids in yet? Might actually release a few players, if they are gonna take a while.

At £74k at the minute. Anyone had any external bids in yet? Might actually release a few players' date=' if they are gonna take a while.[/quote']

I don't think you get externals until after the first game. So will probably be Monday or Tuesday methinks.

Lost a couple of bidding wars but managed to secure 3 signings

Alexander Merkel (18, 75) - 18 year old youngster playing for Milan. Has one solitary start recently. Some more appearances and he could get a smallish rise.

Alexander Kozlov (17, 75) - The next big thing from Russia. Should see a small rise as well.

Jasmin Kurtic (22, 76) - Impressed the Palermo scouts and they weren't wrong with Ilcic or Bacinovic.

Lost out on Ignatovich by 1k:o