The Great British League - discussion thread

Machine

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

Mr money bags :D

I like that :D

I have 8 million after these bad boys come so im feeling good about my recruitment :D

A 17 yr old talent rose 75-77 today but he is a long term prospect ;)

LIMBOMBE loooks a good talent for teh future mate.

Yea I checked over the player ratings and you bagged a couple from the Belgian Changes .I was glad to bag the highest rating riser from the changes .

Nadson may be 27 but 1.3 million was well spent after watching him rise to 84 and his value increase to 5.3 that pleased me as he is now my top rated player ,I also got Moluko-Tembe yesterday 80-82 .

Can't wait on these Portugal changes ,not got that many Dutch ones but there is a couple , most notably my Keeper Mulder who hopefully will get 84.

Although I have bought the odd riser, i think most of my rises will be a long time coming - not sure my transfer policy has been that good to be honest and fully expect to be caught up and over taken within a season. Obviously at that point I will claim that I am:-

(Please choose one of the following, these being the default "reasons" most people leave a GW)

a.too busy

b.havent been putting the time in

c.havent got "in" to this GW

d.cutting down on teams

e.dont like the way the GW is "going"

f.finding the internal market unworkable

g.horrified at how clicky its become

before leaving and taking over Manchester United, in a rich economy, invite only EC in which I shall be the only manager and win every trophy.

There, Ive said it. B);):D

On a more serious note, anyone fancy helping me out with an audit of my squad? Would dearly love a a fellow GBL'ers opinion! (thats not cheating is it?:D)

Guest drseanfitz

sean fitzpatrick earned a draw with Dumbarton against Annan Athletic.

A thrilling match ended 4 - 4 between Dumbarton and Annan Athletic in their Division 4 encounter.

Amashe scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Portillo and Bangura were also amongst the goalscorers.

SOLID START FOR TAMWORTH!..

Tamworth 2 - 1 Bangor

R.MIYAICHI 33

C.VICENTO 58

Half Time

(1 - 0)

T.PINA 62

Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) steered Tamworth to victory against Bangor.

Tamworth beat Bangor 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Miyaichi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vicento was also on the scoresheet for his side.

The offer for Eduard ZHEVNEROV of Histon from Dinamo Minsk has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Yoric RAVET of Histon from AS Saint-Etienne has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Sergey DAVYDOV of Histon from Kuban has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

7 million pound of players who are surplus to requirements at histon. After this we will have a staggering 14 million without any need to spend :eek:

They say this gw is tricky :rolleyes::P

I think what they actually say is "this GW gets trickier the higher you go" :D;)

Sorry' date=' thats a bit out of order really given how close you came last season. out of order.....but still funny:D[/quote']

Ouch :(:P

I guess I left myself open to that one! :P

Still cannot believe I couldnt win 1 game from the last 5 then I would have made it! :D

just accepted external offers on....

Javi Lopez - £3.2m

Innocent Emeghara - £2.8m

and added the following to the TL....

Jean-Eudes Maurice

Edwin Cardona

Once sold I should have around £12m to spend :D

Those four only cost me £3.75m (excl.wages) B)

They are all rated 80, so replacements will be needed.....watch this space

Guest drseanfitz

so, all you teams with dosh, anyone wanna take a punt on francesco grandolfo.

19 years old, got a hat-trick on his first serie A start with erelegated Bari, and gone to Chievo on loan this season.

a nice cash offer gets him.

so' date=' all you teams with dosh, anyone wanna take a punt on francesco grandolfo.

19 years old, got a hat-trick on his first serie A start with erelegated Bari, and gone to Chievo on loan this season.

a nice cash offer gets him.[/quote']

Stuck a bid , I know nothing about him at all so a complete stab in the dark for me but im being nice as you seem desparate for money :P

Guest drseanfitz

Stuck a bid ' date=' I know nothing about him at all so a complete stab in the dark for me but im being nice as you seem desparate for money :P[/quote']

not so much desperate for money, as got too many players. Player has a lot of potential, but may be more of a long term investment, something I haven't got much space for until I get promotion and a capacity increase(and god knows when that will be)

EDIT: Dom gets him unless someone tops his bid