The Great British League - discussion thread

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

not so much desperate for money' date=' as got too many players. Player has a lot of potential, but may be more of a long term investment, something I haven't got much space for until I get promotion and a capacity increase(and god knows when that will be)

EDIT: Dom gets him unless someone tops his bid[/quote']

Got no disposable cash until tomorrow - otherwise i would have a go

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

GBLBANGOR.jpg

BANGOR SIGN VIDIC!

That's right, 32 year old Bosnian centre-back Velimir Vidic joins the seasiders from Croat high flyers RNK Split where he has been an ever present for the past 2 seasons. The 80 rated player should get a rise when Croatia is done but offers me a decent rating at the heart of the defence in the short-term whilst the rest of my risers kick in.

Vidic joins along with a clutch of other players as the Bangor squad nears completion for this transfer window. I am particularly hopeful for the prospects of the highlighted players Alvarez, Sigthorsson, Cuenca, Janstchke, Boly and Barrada.......

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2631

Histon have launched an enquiry after it was reported manager Dominic latouche has shot himself after making an unbelieveable error in the transfer market :mad::eek::(

Petr Grbic was offered in a trade as a 75 for Alexandre LACAZETTE but he rose today and I didnt withdraw the bid :( . So in essance I brought a 80 for an 82 and 2 million in deal that cost me 8 million which is 5 million more than I planned :(

A completely stupid error :(

Histon have launched an enquiry after it was reported manager Dominic latouche has shot himself after making an unbelieveable error in the transfer market :mad::eek::(

Petr Grbic was offered in a trade as a 75 for Alexandre LACAZETTE but he rose today and I didnt withdraw the bid :( . So in essance I brought a 80 for an 82 and 2 million in deal that cost me 8 million which is 5 million more than I planned :(

Ouch what a waste .

Sorry Dom, but that it proper funny - i would be gutted!!!!! Still youve built an awesome squad so just chalk it up mate.

Guest drseanfitz

yep, but lacazette is the better player by far, and you know he'll be worth it long term.

If you need to recoup some cash following your error, then sell me rochina:p

Ouch what a waste .
Sorry Dom' date=' but that it proper funny - i would be gutted!!!!! Still youve built an awesome squad so just chalk it up mate.[/quote']
yep' date=' but lacazette is the better player by far, and you know he'll be worth it long term.

If you need to recoup some cash following your error, then sell me rochina:p[/quote']

Ive should be experienced enough not to make mistakes like that but I blame it on the 2 beers I had last night :o:p

But like sean said lacazette is a much better player and one I should never have got rid off in the first place :D

Sean - You will have rochina over my dead body which by according to reports that the manager was shot , rochina could be at dumbarton tommorow :D

But seriously not a chance

Hahaha, sorry Dom. That's harsh, but you being my biggest rival here, I can't help but laughhhhhhhhh :D :D :P

After finally receiving some external bids, I went on a little shopping trip :D

The deal reported to be worth £666,000 involving Manolo GABBIADINI of Atalanta and Dumbarton has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Atalanta will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

The offer for Manolo GABBIADINI of Atalanta from Alloa Athletic has been accepted along with other club offers. Atalanta will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

I'm paying more so he should be on his way to Alloa.......The Italy U21 moved to Serie A side Atalanta from Cittadellla in the summer and has been getting some game time, he is also a regular for the U21's and tipped to become a big player for Italy in the future

The offer for Lesley DE SA of Ajax from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Scored on his debut for Ajax in the Cup the other week and looks like another top player to come of the Ajax conveyor belt.

The offer for Valerio VERRE of Roma from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

This kid has been chased by Manchester United since he was 15 and is a regular in the Italy youth national teams......I've been watching out for him for a while and was surprised when he was added as he has no minutes yet for Roma :o

The offer for Iñigo RUIZ DE GALARRETA of Athletic Club from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

tipped as the next Javi Martinez, Inigo was chased by a host of top clubs inc Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal, but opted to stay in Spain.......this season he has stepped up from the youth team to Athletic Clubs B team and started almost everygame(he was sent off or would have started all games)

The offer for Nicolás LÓPEZ of Nacional from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

looks like he is on his way to Roma in January after being linked to Udinese and Palermo.....scored 3 goals in 6 appearances for National

The offer for Francesco BARDI of Internazionale from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Current Italy U21 keeper and has played ever game for Livorno(on loan from Inter) in Serie B

The offer for Maikol NEGRO of Nocerina from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

using some 10k-30k players for this guy, was linked Fiorentina in the summer and has played in most matches in Serie B.....a snip at 50k

The offer for Milan MILANOVIC of Palermo from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The Serbian was linked with every big club in Europe before deciding to join Palermo, definite one for the future

The offer for Salif SANE of Bordeaux from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

On loan at Nancy and in for a rise

The offer for Miranda RODERICK of Benfica from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The first of Portugal's Iron curtain, was outstanding in the U20 world Cup this summer and has played every game on loan at Servette this season in the Swiss premier league.

The offer for Alan PATRICK of Shakhtar from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Was tipped to become Santos's next big star once Ganso went to Europe and allowed him to step out of his shadow, but that never happened so he decided to make take the jump.........a current U20 world Champion and a top player

The offer for Santos EDENILSON of Corinthians from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Played in around 25 games this season for table toppers Corinthians so should be in for a decent rise

The offer for Guilherme NEGUEBA of Flamengo from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another U20 world Champion, Negueba looks like he could have a big future in the game........He has also played 16 times(mostly from the bench) for Flamengo

The offer for Nascentes HENRIQUE of São Paulo from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Another U20 world cup winner, but this time we have the Golden Boot winner and Golden Ball winner for best player at the tournament.........Henrique recently signed a new 5yr deal after interest fro Serie A giants Milan and Roma

The offer for Moura LEANDRO of Grêmio from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Regarded by Gremio fans as the biggest talent to come through the youth ranks since Ronaldinho, he has made 18 appearances in 2011 and at 18yrs of age was picked for the Brazilian U22 pan american cup team.

The offer for Judilson PELE of Milan from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Pele moved from Genoa to Milan this summer after shining with the rest of the portugal squad at this summers world cup wher he played as CB for the whole tournament......big and strong, it won't be long before he is pushing for first team football.

The offer for Danilo PEREIRA of Parma from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Was the best player for Portugal this summer....sitting right infront of the defence he was one of the main reason's portugal never conceded a goal until they played Brazil in the final.............his performance's in Colombia got him linked to both Liverpool and Arsenal in the summer.

The offer for Free Agent Tommie HOBAN from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

linked with a January move to either Arsenal or Man City and is a current Irish U19 international.........only 10k to boot ;)

Glad to get started, but still got a few external bids to receive then I'll get some more in B)

edit:.....

The offer for Lopes ZEZINHO of Sporting CP from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

has been linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs, which meant Sporting put a £17million asking price on his head.......Finally made the step up from the youth teams to first team football when he went out on loan to Ateltico CP, playing in 6 matches so far.......he has also already been capped by Guinea-Bissau.

We should try and find a manager for Montrose, as the longer they stay unmanaged the more unappealing the will become. Who's the TNS manager btw? Doesn't look like he's interested in them much :rolleyes:

Also should we offer out Bournemouth and Oldham? Bournemouth -63k in the balance. All players under 80 only 15 million total value, and a 9000 stadium capacity. Oldham -101k in the balance, all under 80, 17 million total value and a 10000 stadium Fits the criteria doesn't it?

Just wanted your opinions :)

We should try and find a manager for Montrose' date=' as the longer they stay unmanaged the more unappealing the will become. Who's the TNS manager btw? Doesn't look like he's interested in them much :rolleyes:

Also should we offer out Bournemouth and Oldham? Bournemouth -63k in the balance. All players under 80 only 15 million total value, and a 9000 stadium capacity. Oldham -101k in the balance, all under 80, 17 million total value and a 10000 stadium Fits the criteria doesn't it?

Just wanted your opinions :)[/quote']

Yeah, time to offer them put me thinks.

Guest drseanfitz

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=2632

Having a quick scan of all the original squads and complied the unofficial GBL all star XI. Not a bad side there:)

and you took one of them out in tonights game:(

Mohamed BANGURA picked up a very minor injury during the recent match.

sean fitzpatrick steered Dumbarton to victory against Bangor.

Dumbarton beat Bangor 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bangura scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Balde was also on the scoresheet for his side.

not amused with the game tonight against forest .With 2 defeats already i badly needed the points but it seemed like I got screwed from Sm .

Hayes/Forest

Possession

51% 49%

Total Shots

24 9

Shots On Target

14 2

quite a lot of pish as we clearly battered them but onwards to teh next game.

TORRES SHREADS SWEATY SOCKS!..

Tamworth 4 - 0 Montrose

É.TORRES 25, 77, 79

R.MIYAICHI 81

Half Time

(1 - 0)

Daniel Ratcliffe (racky) steered Tamworth to victory against Montrose.

Tamworth outclassed Montrose and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Torres was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Miyaichi was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Airbus in a 0-0 thriller draw today against Stenny. They are above us so not to disapointed...

Frustrating draw after frustrating rises for my Belgians being not what I had hoped for (so far).

It would be rude to say Airbus were lucky, but they were definitely plucky :D

By the sounds of it a few folk are starting to build a fair bit of cash, but that's ok as without a bit of nous all that will do is get a squad full of random 80 rated players.

The real trick to long-term success is going to be sussing out the genuine stars from the short-term risers - and everyone needs to think very carefully before selling anyone rated over 80 as you have to grow your own 81+ players!

More inclined than ever to keep the 80 cap, especially with the smarmier folk amongst us claiming the GBL is too easy...! :eek::P