Amasha - Joselu

Subs: Ibrahim, Bangoura, Bangura, Vellios, Tamata, Keane

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

Frustrating draw after frustrating rises for my Belgians being not what I had hoped for (so far).

It would be rude to say Airbus were lucky' date=' but they were definitely plucky :D

By the sounds of it a few folk are starting to build a fair bit of cash, but that's ok as without a bit of nous all that will do is get a squad full of random 80 rated players.

The real trick to long-term success is going to be sussing out the genuine stars from the short-term risers - and everyone needs to think very carefully before selling anyone rated over 80 as you have to grow your own 81+ players!

More inclined than ever to keep the 80 cap, especially with the smarmier folk amongst us claiming the GBL is too easy...! :eek::P[/quote']

Your thoughts on this Stewart? http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=1797428&postcount=1508

yep definitely keep that 80 cap.

my long term XI at the moment looks like

ter stegen

Martins Indi - Izquierdoz - Ban Harush - Tagliafico

De Lanley - Salamon - Joel Obi - Ocampos

Amasha - Joselu

Subs: Ibrahim' date=' Bangoura, Bangura, Vellios, Tamata, Keane[/quote']

Nice squad there mate.....I wish I had got in here at the start :o as most of my regulars have already been snapped up.

anyway's, after a few days wheeler dealing, I've ended up with this which I'm actually really happy with if I'm honest

Bardi

Roderick - Pele - Milanovic

Pereira

Deulofeu - Leandro - Patrick - Lopez

Araujo - Henrique

Negueba, De Sa, Zezinho, Ruiz de Galarreta, Sane, Boateng, Verre

Nice squad there mate.....I wish I had got in here at the start :o as most of my regulars have already been snapped up.

anyway's' date=' after a few days wheeler dealing, I've ended up with this which I'm actually really happy with if I'm honest

[center']Bardi

Roderick - Pele - Milanovic

Pereira

Deulofeu - Leandro - Patrick - Lopez

Araujo - Henrique[/center]

Negueba, De Sa, Zezinho, Ruiz de Galarreta, Sane, Boateng, Verre

Mate you literally snapped up Araujo under my nose! :eek::(

I must have missed the notification on you bidding for him. But doesn't matter you need him more than me :)

Mate you literally snapped up Araujo under my nose! :eek::(

I must have missed the notification on you bidding for him. But doesn't matter you need him more than me :)

that I do mate :P

I was actually wondering why you never withdrew and re-bid :o

The teams you guys have built up are gonna be hard to top I think, especially with the amount of talent already stock piled.

My squad is going to be around the 25 man mark I think......hoping to have the option of fielding 2 teams and that will be my max.

We should try and find a manager for Montrose' date=' as the longer they stay unmanaged the more unappealing the will become. Who's the TNS manager btw? Doesn't look like he's interested in them much :rolleyes:

Also should we offer out Bournemouth and Oldham? Bournemouth -63k in the balance. All players under 80 only 15 million total value, and a 9000 stadium capacity. Oldham -101k in the balance, all under 80, 17 million total value and a 10000 stadium Fits the criteria doesn't it?

Just wanted your opinions :)[/quote']

Sorry just noticed this :)

Yeah' date=' time to offer them put me thinks.[/quote']
Seconded by me.:)

Does anyone want to object to them being made available?

The argument against used to be that their attendances are much bigger which would give an unfair advantage in terms of cash' date=' but you could argue that new managers will have more ground to make up in terms of quality of squad.

Below are the current D4 average attendances versus ground capacity - Bournemouth and Oldham get around 3x the average D4 crowd.

Based solely on attendances then if we offer Bournemouth and Oldham we should really offer Brighton too, but their squad value is £30m+ so I reckon we don't want to do that...?

[left']Charlton Athletic..............9,220 The Valley (27,111)

MK Dons.........................5,051 Stadium:mk (22,000)

Peterborough United.........4,517 London Road (15,460)

AFC Bournemouth.............3,171 Dean Court (9,600)

Oldham Athletic...............3,066 Boundary Park (10,638)

Brighton & Hove Albion......2,788 AMEX Stadium (22,374)

Barrow AFC.....................1,501 Holker Street (4,414)

Dumbarton......................1,425 Strathclyde Homes (2,025)

Bangor...........................1,270 Clandeboye Park (2,850)

The New Saints...............1,234 Park Hall (2,000)

STENHOUSEMUIR.............1,201 Ochilview Park (3,776)

Llanelli...........................1,115 Stebonheath Park (3,700)

Tamworth.........................910 The Lamb Ground (4,065)

Alloa Athletic.....................901 Recreation Park (3,100)

Prestatyn Town.................855 Bastion Road (1,000)

Albion Rovers.....................850 Cliftonhill (1,249)

Montrose..........................713 Links Park (3,292)

Annan Athletic...................630 Galabank (3,500)

East Fife...........................516 Bayview (2,000)

Airbus UK..........................516 The Airfield (2,100)[/left]

P.S - funny story with the New Saints manager; he applied for Manchester City originally and i obviously rejected the application, as i do with all of the fairly frequent applications i get for the D1 teams (despite the gameworld description explaining that they're not available :rolleyes:).

He asked why i rejected and i explained nothing personal, only one of the unmanaged original D4 teams was available - but he then asked which D4 teams were available and decided he wanted TNS even though there were better options.....all a bit bizarre but i'm assuming his intentions are good :o

sounds like a good Idea if it gets more managers involved.

the 6 times more gate receipts may be an unfair advantage' date=' but as you say they will have some catching up to do.

not a simple decision IMO :o[/quote']

Well as you're just new in the door Gary you'd have more cause than most to be a bit peeved as it would've made things a bit easier for you if you'd had the chance of one of the "big" teams, so if you're cool with it then I guess everyone else should be too :)

I would like to find another masochist for Montrose though before we potentially allow applications for Bournemouth/ Oldham, as otherwise I can see them degenerating into the whipping boys of D4.

Sure there will be some edjit ready for the challenge ;)

In latenight Alloa news............

The offer for Armando COOPER of Godoy Cruz from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

what a name :P......just joined Godoy Cruz this season and has scored 2 in 2 starts(6 games played overall)

but he has racked up loads of appearance's in Panama before the move and is a full international aswell.

thought I'd take the chance at 280k.

Free Agent Daniel BOATENG has completed his move to Alloa Athletic for £601,000

Signed a new contract last season with Arsenal afetr attracting interest from Milan and Chelsea, hoping he can make the breakthrough as he seems very highly thought of at Arsenal.

Sergio ARAUJO has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Swindon Town for £76,000 plus Konstantin MAKHNOVSKYI and Kennie CHOPART . All other offers were turned down.

described as the new Sergio Aguero and linked with Real and Barca.........happy to have captured him :D

Fancied a pop at this gameworld then realised the entry level was 127 :o *FacePalm* Is that negotiable?

I went to change it seeing as it's you ;) but my admin box says it's already on any access but just that it's set to private application?

Have made you an in-game friend request and then i'll offer you the job direct - Montrose ok for you I presume...?! ;):)

Thanks for adding salt to the wound :o:P

I'm going to stop reading his posts - I thought I was doing ok with Stenny but every player he signs just makes me get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach like "noooo! - how did I miss that guy!?!" :mad::(:o:D

I went to change it seeing as it's you ;) but my admin box says it's already on any access but just that it's set to private application?

Have made you an in-game friend request and then i'll offer you the job direct - Montrose ok for you I presume...?! ;):)

I'm going to stop reading his posts - I thought I was doing ok with Stenny but every player he signs just makes me get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach like "noooo! - how did I miss that guy!?!" :mad::(:o:D

Accepted friend request' date=' tried to apply for the montrose job but i get this message :

Your reputation is not high enough to take part in this Game World.

Sorry just noticed this :)

Does anyone want to object to them being made available?

The argument against used to be that their attendances are much bigger which would give an unfair advantage in terms of cash' date=' but you could argue that new managers will have more ground to make up in terms of quality of squad.

Below are the current D4 average attendances versus ground capacity - Bournemouth and Oldham get around 3x the average D4 crowd.

Based solely on attendances then if we offer Bournemouth and Oldham we should really offer Brighton too, but their squad value is £30m+ so I reckon we don't want to do that...?

[left']Charlton Athletic..............9,220 The Valley (27,111)

MK Dons.........................5,051 Stadium:mk (22,000)

Peterborough United.........4,517 London Road (15,460)

AFC Bournemouth.............3,171 Dean Court (9,600)

Oldham Athletic...............3,066 Boundary Park (10,638)

Brighton & Hove Albion......2,788 AMEX Stadium (22,374)

Barrow AFC.....................1,501 Holker Street (4,414)

Dumbarton......................1,425 Strathclyde Homes (2,025)

Bangor...........................1,270 Clandeboye Park (2,850)

The New Saints...............1,234 Park Hall (2,000)

STENHOUSEMUIR.............1,201 Ochilview Park (3,776)

Llanelli...........................1,115 Stebonheath Park (3,700)

Tamworth.........................910 The Lamb Ground (4,065)

Alloa Athletic.....................901 Recreation Park (3,100)

Prestatyn Town.................855 Bastion Road (1,000)

Albion Rovers.....................850 Cliftonhill (1,249)

Montrose..........................713 Links Park (3,292)

Annan Athletic...................630 Galabank (3,500)

East Fife...........................516 Bayview (2,000)

Airbus UK..........................516 The Airfield (2,100)[/left]

P.S - funny story with the New Saints manager; he applied for Manchester City originally and i obviously rejected the application, as i do with all of the fairly frequent applications i get for the D1 teams (despite the gameworld description explaining that they're not available :rolleyes:).

He asked why i rejected and i explained nothing personal, only one of the unmanaged original D4 teams was available - but he then asked which D4 teams were available and decided he wanted TNS even though there were better options.....all a bit bizarre but i'm assuming his intentions are good :o

I'm afraid to say I prefer it how it is

What was great about this set-up was the fact we never really new how it would evolve over time....

I for one would be saddened if any other teams were managed......Apart from the original 20

But I'll go with the majority

Guest drseanfitz

What was great about this set-up was the fact we never really new how it would evolve over time....

I for one would be saddened if any other teams were managed......Apart from the original 20

ditto.............

I agree with Lenny - to a point. There is a concern that without the odd bit of new blood the GW may start to stagnate, weve had a couple unmanaged sides already.

For my pennies worth:-

A. new teams should only be introduced when the current 20 are fully managed, and that that should always be the case – for instance if Brighton and TNS were available, TNS has to be taken before anyone can take Brighton and so on.

B. I cant imagine when this would happen (but thinking of that new fella at TNS really) you can only ever manage one team in the GBL – no leaving and then taking the higher capacity side for instance.

C. There doesn’t have to be revolution in evolution, there’s no reason to believe that we can’t continue to limit the number of managers. For instance as inevitably more teams get promoted the 4th division will begin to fill up with unmanaged clubs – we shouldn’t then just add new managers. I guess I’m saying that if we added Brighton where would we draw the line – a 22,000 capacity stadium leaves the door open for loads of other unmanaged clubs to be taken on when they inevitably drop to the fourth. Maybe we should decide to state a maximum limit of managed clubs. At the minute, other than possibly in cups, I will face an entire season of unmanaged clubs – surely the impact of having 3 unmanaged in the 4th is not that big an ask?

I may have clouded things there I guess, but ultimately I am happy with whatever the collective decision is.

The offer for Mauro FERNÁNDEZ of Estudiantes from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

transfered from the Argentinian 4th division in the summer and has played in 11 of Estudiantes games, starting 5 and scoring once.........he is a fwd/wing in game but has been playing as a wing-back

The offer for Pablo BRUNA of Unión from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

the 21yr old has played in 12 of Union de santa fe's 14 games on their return to the Argentinian big time

The offer for Domingues MIKA of Benfica from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The final piece of the Portuguese defence from the U20 world cup, won himself a move to Benfica this summer after impressing with his perfomance's for the U21's(who he is a first pick)

The offer for Nicolás AGUIRRE of Arsenal de Sarandí from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

was on loan in the 2nd division last season helping Atletico Rafaela to promotion, but he has came back and started 10 out of 14 games playing in 13 in total for Arsenal.

The offer for Loïc NEGO of Roma from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The French U20 international joined Roma from Nantes in the summer, he is yet to make an appearance but it looks like his agent will be pushing for a loan move if that doesn't change

The offer for Stefano MAGNASCO of Universidad Católica from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Magnasco was being chased by Chelsea in the summer and also had a trial at Bolton.....he looked like he was going to sign for Bolton, but decided to stay in Chile until a better offer came along.

would have played in every game for his club this season if it wasn't for a sending off.

The offer for Free Agent Darnel SITU from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Thought I'd take a punt on this kid......currently training with Swansea whom he is expected to join in January.

He would be playing right now if it wasn't for FIFA due to Swansea's injury problems

James Carolan takes control of Montrose.

This season your Chairman expects you to avoid finishing bottom of the league.

Montrose were founded in 1879 and play their home games at Links Park in Montrose. The club is also known as The Gable Endies. They have a rivalry with Arbroath and Forfar Athletic.

What have i got myself in for :P

WELCOME MATE!!!!

Sorry to shout but a lot of the managers can't hear me from up here in the second Division :D;)

I'm Fleetwood' date=' let me know if you need a loan or two and good luck.[/quote']

What a card you are Ed....how long have you been waiting to use that line!? ;)

Sounds as if we're split on the expansion issue...at the mo we're back at 20 so let's just see how we go - if folk start battering down the door looking to get in then we can re-think but for now let's adopt a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" approach :)