The Great British League - discussion thread

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

What a card you are Ed....how long have you been waiting to use that line!? ;)

I know' date=' I'm so transparent mate! :rolleyes:

Sounds as if we're split on the expansion issue...at the mo we're back at 20 so let's just see how we go - if folk start battering down the door looking to get in then we can re-think but for now let's adopt a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" approach :)

Sensible approach that I think.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Free Agent Darnel SITU has completed his move to Alloa Athletic for £353,000

Mauro FERNÁNDEZ has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Estudiantes for £280,000

Pablo BRUNA has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Unión in a swap deal for Lukasz BOCIAN

Domingues MIKA has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Benfica for £380,000

Nicolás AGUIRRE has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Arsenal de Sarandí for £740,000

Loïc NEGO has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Roma for £300,000

MAGNASCO has completed his move to Alloa Athletic from Universidad Católica for £440,000

almost done now.....maybe 1 or 2 more.

I have signed one or two risers to up the average squad rating, but most are players for the future.......so probably going to be in D4 for a while :P

edit:

The offer for Enzo REALE of Lyon from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

French U20 international who is on loan in Ligue 2 this season and has played everygame

edit:edit::P

The offer for Marcel HALSTENBERG of Borussia Dortmund from Alloa Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Promising young defender just signed this summer by Dortmund from Hannover

Seeing as most went on a shopping spree...

Newport decided to go on one themselves, looking for the last minute bargains! :P

Just as You think everyone's gone with the arrival of Gary + everyone else's buys...

Daniel CARVAJAL has completed his move to Newport County from Real Madrid for £550,000

Getting very decent minutes for Castilla, will be on for a rise I'm sure.

The offer for Etiënne REIJNEN of AZ from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Will rise in the Dutch changes. Hopefully past the 80 mark, but an 80 would do :)

The offer for Virgil VAN DIJK of FC Groningen from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Very happy with this. Looks like he will be getting a nice rise in the Holland changes. Just what I was searching for :)

The offer for Nicolás BLANDI of Boca Juniors from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Talented Argentian striker. Surprised he was still available tbh :eek:

The offer for Funso OJO of PSV from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Getting minutes for PSV this season. Will be in with a rise as well

The offer for Javier AQUINO of Cruz Azul from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Massive potential right here!! :D Again delighted to find him at external. A starter for Cruz Azul and a member of Mexican national team at the age of 21

The lesson guys... There's still someone out there Gary hasn't snapped up! ;):P

Guest drseanfitz

look's like the rating reviews are moving slower than ever:(

but managed to nab a +2 for young Greek Mavrias - just waiting for these portugeuse - IF they ever happen:rolleyes:

EDIT: and nice to see we have a few new GBL sig's, even had a go myself

dumbbarton.jpg

Marko MEERITS has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from Vitesse for £450,000

Ard VAN PEPPEN has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from RKC Waalwijk for £1,130,000

Melvin PLATJE has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from NEC for £1,500,000

Tjaronn CHERY has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from ADO Den Haag for £740,000

..Bart BIEMANS has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from Roda JC for £1,740,000

..Gregor BREINBURG has completed his move to Fleetwood Town from De Graafschap for £520,000

Signed them yesterday, pretty pleased ;):D

Racing Club de Montevideo have made an offer to Montrose for Ernesto DUDOK of £1,903,800.
The offer for Ernesto DUDOK of Montrose from Racing Club de Montevideo has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

And So It All Begins :D

a nice wee bit of dutch courage you bought there ED.

Nice work.

Cheers mate' date=' there's a couple good ones in there, scouting is not my thing so its blinding to have a bit of good business recognised :)

Yawn B):P

Aint jelousy a MF?B):D (thats a trigger for Dom to talk about the squillionth riser he has signed if ever there was one!)

Just in time :D

Its all in the.....................................................................timing

Stenhousemuir beat Prestatyn Town 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 4 encounter.

Bertolacci scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Eduardo and Carlos were also amongst the goalscorers.

Nice....shame only 516 turned up to see it :(:rolleyes:

Are you newly-promoted upper division people noticing much of an increase in attendances?

Guest drseanfitz

sean fitzpatrick steered Dumbarton to victory against Oldham Athletic.

Dumbarton outclassed Oldham Athletic and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.

Davies scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Amasha was also on the scoresheet for his side.

B)

Aint jelousy a MF?B):D (thats a trigger for Dom to talk about the squillionth riser he has signed if ever there was one!)

If im honest with you edward I have had to take my foot completely off the gas with risers and such to focus on my tactics and my poor performances. You did well edward ;)

I won 1-0 tonight :D

Nice....shame only 516 turned up to see it :(:rolleyes:

Are you newly-promoted upper division people noticing much of an increase in attendances?

Attendance 7,192 out of 10,000 so its good my end :D

Attendance 7' date='192 out of 10,000 so its good my end :D[/quote']
10' date='727 (a GBL record) turned out to see me lose 1-0 at home to bleedin' Aberdeen.[/quote']

How the other half live, eh? My record attendance was a whopping 1,999 - 6 months ago :rolleyes:

In other, perhaps not unsurprising, GBL news:

Alex Rattler has decided to resign from The New Saints after 2 games in charge.

To be fair, if I lost 2-3 at home to Dave B's Albion Rovers I would consider my position too (only kidding Dave! ;)).

Mr. Rattler will be the last random I accept that's for sure.

So this means TNS are available if there is anyone out there looking for what will undeniably be a huuuuuge task - but also a great chance to prove yourself.....!

4th game and we finally get the points on the board with a 2-1 win over Webbed Feet.Gutted with the 3 week injury to Nadson my top rater though

Dan Malone steered Hayes & Yeading United to victory against Ebbsfleet United.

Hayes & Yeading United outclassed Ebbsfleet United and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Mokulu Tembe scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

D'haene was also on the scoresheet for his side.

In our last home fixture we got 62 people under full capacity --Stadium: Church Road (7,852) Attendance: 7,790

Guest drseanfitz

meijers got a +2 to 80, meaning the only player rated below 80 in my starting line up is my keeper(but when Germany get reviewed that willl change big style).

just wishing I'd put in this much effort from the start:(

meijers got a +2 to 80' date=' meaning the only player rated below 80 in my starting line up is my keeper(but when Germany get reviewed that willl change big style).

just wishing I'd put in this much effort from the start:([/quote']

Meerits rise is imminent so I wil have two decent rated keepers - you can loan one once the rating happens if you want?

24 hours after securing their signings……

Gregor BREINBURG +3 to 78

Ard VAN PEPPEN +2 to 80

Tjaronn CHERY +3 to 80

Melvin PLATJE +1 to 80

Luverly jubbly :D