The Great British League - discussion thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread http://www.scribd.com/doc/100166609 100 best players in the G.B.L You can click on the players name and it will take you to his profile on soccer m

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread Been a while since I've done one of these so thought I'd post for anyone curious. Some quality achievement across the piece in fairness against the op

Re: The GREAT BRITISH LEAGUE application thread! I'd be up for it, sounds fun.

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

Don't ask me why, but for some reason all the riser-one-upmanship that goes on in this thread reminded me of this clip from American Psycho (and when I say American Psycho I'm not talking about Sgt.Fury :rolleyes:):

qoIvd3zzu4Y

I'll let you all decide who is who! :P

Edit: Embedding disabled, but if you view on You Tube then the sum-up in the comments section is pretty spot-on for you lot ;)

Don't ask me why' date=' but for some reason all the riser-one-upmanship that goes on in this thread reminded me of this clip from American Psycho (and when I say American Psycho I'm not talking about Sgt.Fury :rolleyes:):

[center']

qoIvd3zzu4Y

[/center]

I'll let you all decide who is who! :P

Edit: Embedding disabled, but if you view on You Tube then the sum-up in the comments section is pretty spot-on for you lot ;)

To be fair this is spot on - I do always kiss my bicep when the next no mark east european +3 fodder bid is accepted

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Dom listens to the seminal works of Phil Collins whilst parading around his living room in a plastic mack and talking at length about some 17 year old from Getafe's youth ranks.

To be fair this is spot on - I do always kiss my bicep when the next no mark east european +3 fodder bid is accepted

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Dom listens to the seminal works of Phil Collins whilst parading around his living room in a plastic mack and talking at length about some 17 year old from Getafe's youth ranks.

I have to admit , I do feel quite smug when I get a decent riser but you have seen on the american players that I can get it completely wrong :P

Ed you are such a cheeky git! For your information I parade around in my living room wearing my giant elvis presley onesie ( I do actually own one! :P) talking about the best 17 - 19 year olds in england and france :D

For those of us who are interested in squad values, I was perusing GC1 earlier as every so often I take leave of my senses and decide to give it another bash, and I thought I'd check on Teb's famous/ infamous Spartak team:

Spartak Moskva - 206 95 £1.0B L.MESSI C.RONALDO A.INIESTA

Lol, wonder how long it'll take the GBL to see it's first Billion-pound squad...! :eek:

Although I'm sure Dom will tell us he'll have it by this time next year... :rolleyes:;):D

The offer for Daniel CIOFANI of Parma from Fleetwood Town has been accepted.

Should get a +5/6 to 79/80 when the Italian changes kick in, so a steal at £150k. :D

The offer for Sebastián GALLEGOS of Atlético Madrid from Fleetwood Town has been accepted.

One for the future this one…….ahhh, let me cut the do-do – I honestly can’t remember why I short listed him – still he’s worth almost twice as much as I am paying so wont lose anything. :o:p

The offer for Róbert MAK of 1. FC Nurnberg from Fleetwood Town has been accepted along with other club offers.

The deal reported to be worth £2,345,000 involving Róbert MAK of 1. FC Nurnberg and Dumbarton has been accepted along with offers from other clubs.

FC Nurnberg will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.

Should be mine I think, expecting a small rise for him to 81/82, not much but will instantly become my top striker. :D

Should get a +5/6 to 79/80 when the Italian changes kick in' date=' so a steal at £150k. :D

One for the future this one…….ahhh, let me cut the do-do – I honestly can’t remember why I short listed him – still he’s worth almost twice as much as I am paying so wont lose anything. :o:p

[/quote']

Ed I like you so I will tell you this , dont make the same mistake as me :D

Dont buy gallegos as he plays in the 3rd division of the spanish leagues or something like that and is a complete waste of money. SM havent changed his club as he dosent play for madrid anymore :o

Selling 2 83's and a 82 back to external as they are no where near the first team :D

I love the fact I can sell off 83's without even the slightest worry :D

Ed I like you so I will tell you this ' date=' dont make the same mistake as me :D

Dont buy gallegos as he plays in the 3rd division of the spanish leagues or something like that and is a complete waste of money. SM havent changed his club as he dosent play for madrid anymore :o

[/quote']

Appreciate that Dom - cheers mate. I keep saying how hopless I am at this scouting malarky! :(:D

However I will make a bit of cash out of the deal (around 200k I think allowing for wages - every little helps!) in 10 weeks so gonna let it go for now, completely in the expectation that he will do nowt for me.

For the life of me I have no clue as to why I shortlisted him. :confused:

EDIT - He was the kid that scored 5 in 5 at the U17 world cup for Urugauy back in 09! Good lord, he must have been left on my shortlist for quite some time - he's done literally nowt since!

Appreciate that Dom - cheers mate. I keep saying how hopless I am at this scouting malarky! :(:D

However I will make a bit of cash out of the deal (around 200k I think allowing for wages - every little helps!) in 10 weeks so gonna let it go for now' date=' completely in the expectation that he will do nowt for me.

EDIT - He was the kid that scored 5 in 5 at the U17 world cup for Urugauy back in 09! Good lord, he must have been left on my shortlist for quite some time - he's done literally nowt since![/quote']

The case of Freddy Adu and a few other players :P Early stardom gets to some players and they can't handle it

However I will make a bit of cash out of the deal (around 200k I think allowing for wages - every little helps!) in 10 weeks so gonna let it go for now' date=' completely in the expectation that he will do nowt for me.

EDIT - He was the kid that scored 5 in 5 at the U17 world cup for Urugauy back in 09! Good lord, he must have been left on my shortlist for quite some time - he's done literally nowt since![/quote']

I cant see why you would just a dud player when you have time to cancel :confused:

But your choice mate I suppose :D

Im on the verge of getting a major major talent in at histon :D

WATCH THIS SPACE LADIES :D

I cant see why you would just a dud player when you have time to cancel :confused:

But your choice mate I suppose :D

Lazyiness mate' date=' nothing but pure lazyiness. :D

Have since corrected this though and cancelled the deal. Cheers again Dom, appreciate the heads up.

Im on the verge of getting a major major talent in at histon :D

WATCH THIS SPACE LADIES :D

Given yesterday's reveal - I am now searching the rating for the following players:-

Tommy WATCH

Givanaldo THIS

Santos De SPACE

Jonny LADIES

;):D

More like what's so special about him? You said 'major major talent' :eek: and I've never heard of him' date=' and after looking who he is, he plays in Italy's 4th division :o:confused:

Way to tell Ed not to buy that Uruguayan and buy this kid hours later :P[/quote']

See my friend , I could make a fool of you here.

Trust me , I can provide a link to show you why I signed him :D

Like I said , major talent :D

See my friend ' date=' I could make a fool of you here.

Trust me , I can provide a link to show you why I signed him :D

Like I said , major talent :D[/quote']

A few Italian clubs are interested in him, so what :rolleyes:

It doesn't make him major major talent if he isn't one already :D

#AnotherLatoucheFail :D

A few Italian clubs are interested in him' date=' so what :rolleyes:

It doesn't make him major major talent if he isn't one already :D

#AnotherLatoucheFail :D[/quote']

Hes actually signed a deal already with a decent club ;)

He wont rise for a while but one for the youth team for sure :D