The Great British League - discussion thread

Machine

Guest drseanfitz

Re: The Great British League - discussion thread

sean fitzpatrick steered Dumbarton to victory against Charlton Athletic.

Dumbarton outclassed Charlton Athletic and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Bangura scored both of the goals for Dumbarton and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

and some risers over the last 2 days(despite not really scouting France)

Niang +4 - 82

Courgnaud +3 - 78

Belfodil +3 - 78

Gogia +4 - 80

squad value now over £100mil:D

The offer for Marco DJURICIN of Hertha BSC from Fleetwood Town has been accepted.

Bit of a punt for the future this one, but like the look of the lad and seem's to get his share of goals. Costing a million but I think he could be well worth it in two/three seasons time.

Ed Moses was unable to prevent a Fleetwood Town defeat to Derby County.

Fleetwood Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Derby County in their Division 2 fixture.

Gutted, figured I could take three points out of this one. Facing stronger teams than my own almost every game so cant expect to be getting points every game I suppose.

In other news Dominic Peitz got his rise today, +2 to 82 :D

Squad value should move past the £90m mark by the end of the day (thanks in part to those two loans form Dom!)

Gutted' date=' figured I could take three points out of this one. Facing stronger teams than my own almost every game so cant expect to be getting points every game I suppose.

[/quote']

I know that feeling mate, thats me every turn in 7046 lol

I got these 3 in and with tbs up tomorrow on 4 players that should clear the debt and give us 10 mill to spend so will have a look for any potential out there :)

Rémy CABELLA -+5 77>82

Mickaël FIRMIN - +2 75>77

Idriss SAADI - +2 78-80

Squad value over 125 mill now

Guest drseanfitz

Im wondering is money coming less relevant in the GBL?

Are people struggling for cash? Or got a load of money but nothing to spend it on? :o

I lose about 500-700k a week, so money is still very relevant. Still have to sell to survive

Im wondering is money coming less relevant in the GBL?

Are people struggling for cash? Or got a load of money but nothing to spend it on? :o

I've a wee bit of cash but not much, mainly due to crowds of 516 :rolleyes:

The problem I've got is I've mainly bought players who I think will be 86+ (eventually) so am reluctant to sell anyone - I have faith in them which means I don't really need cash.

You can have £100m cash and a £100m squad but if the players you buy all max out at 83/84 the cash isn't much use.

Like I keep saying, the key to long-term success here will be spotting a talent and sticking with them - you can't buy anyone rated over 80 so you need to "grow" your own - that's why if you're comfortable financially it's perhaps a bit rash to sell off 82's/83's as you can never buy them back..... :o

Trapp got a rise today' date=' my goalkeeper is now rated 85! :)[/quote']

Nice one Ed - I believe that would make him the best GK at a "GBL" club.

--------------------------------------------

In other news, Bangor cash in on +6 riser Willy Boly by selling him back to Auxerre for £6.175m .... a profit of £5.275m.

With the window about to slam shut, have quickly set about re-investing that cash with the signings of ....

49674_1315164894.jpg

Cristian BĂLGRĂDEAN

Gk, 23yrs, 77

£620k from Dinamo Bucharest

The 23 year old has established himself as the first choice for Romanian table toppers Dinamo and made his first start for Romania last month in a 3-1 win over Greece. Great long term potential and should get a +5 minimum when Romania is done.

7319_1287293870.jpg

Abdelrazak JADID

AM/Wing, 28yrs, 80

£1.1m from Parma

After a loan spell at Eupen, the Moroccan has been recalled by Parma this season and amassed 408 minutes so far in the Italian top flight. Would like to think he will get a +2 shortly.

46480_1294988109.jpg

Iñigo LÓPEZ

CB, 29yrs, 80

£1.2m from Granada

Lopez has lots of game time for Primera new boys Granads this season and was an ever present last year. Also scored the winner against Bilbao last time out. Tipped for a +3/4 the Spaniard is Boly's replacement in the squad.

45418_1314638021.jpg

Daniel WILLIAMS

Def/DM, 22yrs, 78

£890k from TSG Hoffenheim

With 4 caps for the USA and 558 minutes for Hoffenheim since an August move from Freiburg, the versatile Williams is a safe bet for a rise that pushes him over 80 and offers back-up across several positions in the meantime.

54029_1321972079.jpg

Giovani CASILLAS

Wing, 17yrs, 75

£442k from Chivas de Guadalajara

The highly touted Mexican was a member of the national side that won the U-17 World Cup in July, scoring 3 goals including one in the final. Has yet to start for Chivas and am viewing him as more of a long term prospect for now.

51236_1312539197.jpg

Rodrigo CAIO

DM, 18yrs, 75

£425k from Sao Paulo

Know very little about him other than he has been in and around the Sao Paulo first team over the past 9 months or so, amassing a reasonable 439 minutes in 2011.

The offer for Muhammed DEMIRCI of Ulsan Hyundai from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

?w=280

This is what you call a massive massive talent! Turkish Messi they call him! I'm sure most are aware of the lad so to sign him with no competition was a surprise! :D :D :D

The offer for Marco FARAONI of Internazionale from Newport County has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Faraoni.jpg

Got some game time for Inter this season, in Champions League as well so should be in for a rise. Don't know a whole lot about him, but seems like another bright prospect, and I take him for peanuts so can't complain! :D